Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
What are some things you want from the 2017 New Trek?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Best series?
  TOS
  TNG
  DS9
  VOY
  ENT
View Results

Tuulenthesongbird

High-functioning Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:21 pm
These are some of the things i'd like to see done or mentioned in the upcoming 2017 Star Trek series. What do YOU want to see?

- T’Pol goes a little crazy in late life and borrows some of Tripp’s DNA to try to make ANOTHER half-vulcan, half-engineering-peasant-race baby. End us calling the baby Elisabeth at least once even if it’s a boy, never explains who Elisabeth was to her kid.
- Tuvak learns about Tupac, becomes a fan
- Fabulous old Garak tailoring a really pretty dress for some manly-built female from another race/Cardassian maybe, has to wear it to check the fit because the customer isn’t reachable for awhile, gets caught and the person who catches him doesn’t give two pieces of tribble s**t because it’s something old man Garak would do. Preferably an apprentice. (I have dibs on that webcomic idea)
-AU where Worf doesn’t have a horrible life and Jadzia doesn’t die but K'Ehleyr does. Also Alexander isn’t a little s**t when he grows up.
- MOAR Q MOAR Q MOAR Q WITH DISCORD REFERENCES AND HINTS THAT IN ADDITION TO BEING ABLE TO TRAVEL THE UNIVERSE AT A WHIM, THE Q CAN ALSO TRAVEL THROUGH DIMENSIONS SO DISCORD REALLY LITERALLY IS Q!
- CAPTAIN NAOMI WILDMAN OF THE USS VOYAGER!!!
- Love triangle between Naomi, Icheb, and Son of Q, I don’t care who she ends up with. Even a romance between all three would make me happy.
- Old man Garak and old man Nelix become besties, meet by opening up stores next to each other on some retirement/tourist planet. Old people Risa or something.
- Children learning about Ziall in class on Spaceship, Ziall is a martyr and a hero to all, at least one half-Cardassian half-Bajoran child in the room.
- Wesley comes back and warns the current ship about Q, runs into Q and they become frenimies with Wes always picking up after Q on their adventures.
- Someone mentions how annoying Wesley was, EntityWesley pops up behind them like ‘b***h u wat’.
- One more Worfling? Like, Worf is too emotionally damaged to love his current wife, but he still loves her of course. And the little Worf is a girl, and he tries to be there for her more so she doesn’t grow up with the same awkward uncomfortable relationship Alexander does. And she knows how her parents feel about each other and is okay with it but secretly wishes they loved each other more. But still, she’s a daddy’s girl and is delicate flower like a Titan Arum that is pretty and magical but terrifying and strong too. She must be besties with Quark and Pel’s kid(plural pls? *pouty face*).
-Either Quark and Pel meet up again and get married and have little gremlin Ferengi babies, or Quark and Odo have Pel be a surrogate mother. Maybe she’s a live in surrogate or lives nearby, and is Moogie’s apprentice/assistant.
- MOAR MOOGIE TOO, GIMMIE SUM O DAT MOOGIE AWESOMENESS
- Retired Zek and Moogie old people couple adorableness.
- Moogie with Pel and Quark’s daughter on her lap being like “And you’re gonna break the glass ceiling and kick butt just like your Moogie, my little vial of Latinum!”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:26 pm
ALLEGORY. As long as they stick to telling stories with heart that educate and enlighten, I'll be fine with just about anything else they decide to do.  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:22 pm
Now that Abrams is doing the SW he wanted to do,
I'm holding out a little hope that we'll see less Space Opera,
and it will feel a little more like TNG or DS9.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:09 pm
Steel Sterling
Now that Abrams is doing the SW he wanted to do,
I'm holding out a little hope that we'll see less Space Opera,
and it will feel a little more like TNG or DS9.

I THINK I jive with what you're saying, but could you unpack that a little?  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:44 pm
Abrams wanted to do Space Opera.
Space Opera is fun, but in a different way than Trek.
Trek supposedly thinks about science, at least a little.
In Space Opera, it's about the adventure and the adventurers
and it doesn't have to make scientific sense.

Star Wars began with the words
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

That's how you open a fairy tale.

DS9 addressed tactical considerations of combat, moral implications of
decisions and side-effects of just taking risks, and so on.
In Space Opera, side-effects and consequences are often skipped or
glossed-over at best.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:14 pm
Steel Sterling
Abrams wanted to do Space Opera.
Space Opera is fun, but in a different way than Trek.
Trek supposedly thinks about science, at least a little.
In Space Opera, it's about the adventure and the adventurers
and it doesn't have to make scientific sense.

Star Wars began with the words
"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

That's how you open a fairy tale.

DS9 addressed tactical considerations of combat, moral implications of
decisions and side-effects of just taking risks, and so on.
In Space Opera, side-effects and consequences are often skipped or
glossed-over at best.

OK, yes, that's what I thought you meant. Love Space Opera but Trek is Space Western, totally alternative format and very different threshold for suspension of disbelief.

The only one thing I will disagree with you on is the value of "tactical considerations if combat." I always had mixed feelings about DS9 throughout its run but clumsy symbolism and muddled Middle East metaphors aside, it was when went they went to total war with the Dominion that they really stepped in it.
Star Trek is not about war! It is not about whole episodes of fleet maneuvers and space battles and casualties. That was a very unfortunate detour they took, even if it did provide some great material now and then.
That's also one of a few reasons why I was not sad to see Enterprise go; another season would have focused on the Romulan War. It made killer backstory for "Balance of Terror" and countless stories to follow, but that's not what we're here to see. At least, not in and of itself. The focus should be on the moral.  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

2PaFf0LzVo2aIxQan1Jy1KjZY

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 am
I would like to see all of Star Trek history acknowledged... I'm okay with how they changed the Klingons (after they finally made the explanation canon), but the different TNG and DS9 Trill still bugg me - also do the unrelated twins 'Nick Locarno' and 'Tom Paris' XD Would be great if they wouldn't make unexplained major changes in the new series... xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:49 pm
20san
I would like to see all of Star Trek history acknowledged... I'm okay with how they changed the Klingons (after they finally made the explanation canon), but the different TNG and DS9 Trill still bugg me - also do the unrelated twins 'Nick Locarno' and 'Tom Paris' XD Would be great if they wouldn't make unexplained major changes in the new series... xd

I'm wondering if Tom didn't enroll in the Academy under a fake name, tbh...  

Tuulenthesongbird

High-functioning Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items