Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OPEN CLASS] Arts And Crafts 101 (Kamakura/Nerisei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:55 pm
NAME OF CLASS: Arts and Crafts 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Zixil Braxton

General information:
The Arts and Crafts room is tucked away in the corner - one way in and out, which is just how the teacher likes it. The classroom looks normal enough from the outside, with its standard door and numberplate (with an added addendum by the teacher, his name and the class title added on a piece of Muck Tape). The inside, however, looks like someone found all of the weird, eclectic stuff within a five mile radius, ate it, and then vomited it all up. The teacher has either completely lost his mind, or is trying way, way too hard. The cabinets that line the walls are partially filled with beginner art supplies: slime-based paints, earwax crayons, and...glitter, a thing so evil that it can be known by no other name.

Mechanics:
Your Most Excellent Professor isn't going to fill your head with crazy ideas. That's all up to you!

Upon entering the class, roll 1d100 to determine your Muse Level (ML).

Muse Level 1-20

Woah, you can't make art with a Muse Level this low! Go stare longingly at your first crush, or listen to emotional music, or cry it out! We can't have you making anything that's worth less than 20 silver seeds beneath your actual capabilities.

Muse Level 21-50

Did you dip yourself in paint and roll your face over the canvas? That's not going to be acceptable. Nobody will want to buy this. Or look at it. Not even kind of.

Muse Level 51-80

Looks like you might have the right idea. Go ahead and give it a shot. I guess the worst thing that could happen is you ruin everything, but that's okay.

Muse Level 81-100

Got a real overachiever here! Creativity is oozing from your pores (seriously clean that stuff up please)!

If you roll 1-50, you will need to make another attempt. A roll of 51-100 allows you to proceed. The above information correlating to your ML gives you a good idea of how your student will be approaching this assignment.

If you succeeded in developing a passable Muse Level, you will then need to roll a 1d10 to determine to overall success of your drawing/painting/sculpture etc. Feel free to pick whatever medium you'd like!

1-3 You really poured yourself into this one, but the Professor isn't quite feeling it. Take it home and pin it on your wall, because that's all you're getting. (Fail. You'll have to make another attempt!)
4-9 You paid careful attention to details, color schemes, and - most importantly - marketability. Professor Braxton smashes a sickly note to your body with a sloppy "A" written on it, because ruining the art would be a travesty. As far as you can tell, you've done a good thing. (Pass!)
10 You are a prodigy! This thing belongs in a museum! Or the home of the highest bidder! Your artwork will be displayed in front of the entire class. Hope you're not shy. (SUPER-PASS!)

You must RP your student creating their...well, whatever they make.

Bonus Mechanics:
•If you include a DRAWN representation of the piece of art that your student creates, you can automatically add 2 to your success roll, ultimately bringing up their final score. These drawings do not have to be anything fantastic, and can be as detailed or non-detailed as you want.

•Any student who is able to use magic to create illusions can roll 1d4 to determine how amazing their artwork appears. Which is what matters. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

•Any student who lacks dexterity (lookin' at you, claw-handed monsters) can roll 1d4 to determine their ability to talk Professor Braxton into believing that the piece of art's concept is going over his head and is, in fact, a true masterpiece. If you roll even, you can add 1 point. If you roll odd, no points can be added. This can not be combined with the 2 points you can add when including an image.

Each visit to the classroom has the potential to span multiple posts due to the amount of dice rolls. You can interact with other students, try to steal their concepts - whatever you'd like to play out!

YOU COMPLETE THE CLASS WHEN

You pass the class!

leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 100-sided dice: 53 Total: 53 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:56 pm
Kamakura had approached the art room with a curiosity about what he might find in this room. He spent a lot of his time doodling in class, so it was only natural he'd seek to attend a course dedicated to the subject. Once inside, he felt his eye twitch at the hazardously chaotic room. Surely this professor was mad.

Whatever the case was, he sat his bag down, taking a seat in one of the unoccupied chairs and settling down. The nekomata pulled out his sketch book and got to work trying to doodle the first thing that came to mind. The start of the sketch wasn't so bad, and he even went to get an ink pen to fill in the lines from the cabinet.

He came back with glitter attached to his jacket. Hissing under his breath, he tried brushing it off and only managed to get it on the desk. That stuff was evil incarnate truly. Rolling his eyes he went back to drawing.  

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Elyessi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-100)

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:58 pm
Nerisei moved slowly into the classroom, her eyes glancing around at the craft supplies lining the wall. She was uncertain if it was even worth comprehending, the colors and the shapes and all of the smells that assaulted her system. Instead of exploring her options, she simply glided over to a spare desk and settled in with little flourish. Instead, she determined to lean a bit against the back of the seat and wait for further instruction.

Oh how boring. The instructor seemed a bit out of sorts, but that was quite normal in the academy. What was boring was the lack of instruction, and the whole "Be an Artist and Find Your Own Inspiration!"

Yes, indeed. Nerisei really wasn't feeling it as she leaned forward and looked at her tools, and the paper, and so she simply leaned a bit more and kept the bored look across her features.

Although, her eyes did dart to the demon to her side, impressed with both his ears and his apparent action based on what little direction they had.  
leon_a_darkangel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:29 pm
Kamakura's pencil scratched violently against the paper, occasionally he'd smudge a few things here and there. The doodle of course was of one of his minipets, this one happened to be of Sasha, his vaisel..he knew he could draw her unlike a few others he owned with their complex horns..or patterns.

After a bit of work at the drawing he sat up, pleased with what he'd managed to come up with. Noticing some ghoul whom had entered after him was looking at him, he gave her a slight tilt of his head.

"I'm not sure we've met.." He offered reluctantly, greeting her with a nod of his head. "Kamakura Meigetsuki." He offered her with a hesitant smile, not wanting to go turn in his work. It was just a pencil sketch...he eye'd the doodle and etched a few more lines in a few spots to darken the outline.

Total Score: 9+2 =11

Elyessi

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

Elyessi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-100)

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm
Her gaze was steady, and her face showed no emotion when Kamakura finally noticed her attention. Nerisei didn't both to look at his drawing, but instead continued to evaluate his ears and tail. He was very interesting for not being a monster, and she did enjoy whatever he was over the reapers she passed in the academy.

"Nerisei Oreithyia," Was her slow drawl as he looked back to his work, and she decided maybe she should find her own inspiration if he was already done.  
Elyessi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 26 Total: 26 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:47 pm
As she looked down to her paper, she brushed her hand over the white space and wondered what exactly she could draw. It was beginning to frustrate her that she had no inspiration, but she didn't let it show on her face. Letting out a slow sigh, she turned back to the demon and tapped her hand on the paper.

"So...what did you use for inspiration?" She questioned after a long moment of silence, showing a bit of interest in her voice and leaning slightly toward him to hear better.  

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:58 pm
Kamakura's ears perked up when she spoke of her name, the nekomata gave her a curious look, examining the other wondering what manner of being she was. Was she perhaps some kind of monster or demon?

"Forgive me if I'm ignorant but what exactly are you? I don't think I've met a creeple like yourself." His tail swayed, twitching curiously as he moved to shift his things just a bit so they could talk easily without need to raise their voice.

"And I used my minipet...I have several I picked one I knew I could draw." He tried to offer her some advice. "Is there a particular thing or object you are rather fond of?" He inquired, trying to help get her thinking if that would somehow possibly help.

Elyessi

Elyessi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 34 Total: 34 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:01 pm
When he asked the question, she began to lightly sketch with one of the pencils. Her eyes wandered over the design and she let out another frustrated huff. Shaking her head, she brushed her hair away from her face before looking back to the demon.

"I am a Hamadryad. A protector of the forest and the spirits who dwell within."

At least he didn't call her a simple dryad. So many assumed she was a spirit and not a protector, which were very much different things.

"I do quite favor my grotto...and the creatures who live within..." Her hand brushed away the failed sketch and she eyed the white paper once more.  

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
Elyessi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-100)

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:06 pm
She was caught looking at the paper once more, uncertain on what to do and just starring for a long moment, silent. There had to be something. She took the time to think about her Grotto, her home, and all the creeple who populated it. Her parents, her sisters, and the creatures around her.

Still, her mind was as blank as the paper before her.  
Elyessi rolled 1 100-sided dice: 64 Total: 64 (1-100)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:16 pm
As she continued to think over the paper, she imagined the Grotto once more, and thought about the winding vines. Suddenly, she found inspiration. The shape of the leaves, the large tree, her soul. That was what she could draw - a picture of her tree, of her home.

It was perfect.

Finally, for the first time, she sent a smile to the boil to her side, although it was small and fleeting, but it was full of pride.  

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:20 pm
"I see, I didn't want to assume what manner of being you were and figured it best to ask from the source." The calico nekomata smiled as he glanced at her paper as she would start to sketch then start over. He couldn't say he blamed her, it was hard sometimes to get in the flow of drawing. "I myself am a nekomata..a type of bakeneko. Only our tails have split." The demon explained briefly, offering a bit of an explanation.

"We're demons, believe it or not." He smirked toothily flashing his fangs briefly.

"My, you're a forest protector? That is admirable, I might wield fire magic but burning wilderness just because is beyond me." He assured the other as he folded his legs under him, sitting cross legged as they chatted.

He leaned over to admire what she ahd drawn, it was beautiful really. The cat boil nodded to the ghoul, encouraging her to continue to try and finish the piece! It was wonderful really! "You're grotto seems lovely." He mused, leaning in just a bit to inspect the piece.  
Elyessi rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:40 pm
Her eyes snapped back toward Kamakura, studying him as he poke with slight interest and tapping her pencil on the desk. When he went on to explain himself, her gaze glanced toward his tail, mainly the tip. It was split, which was interesting in its own way.

"Ah, you do look a bit demonish. A little too humanoid to be a Monster." She raised her vine-like arm, "As you can see, I fit the expectation of being quite monstrous."

She turned away and began to sketch from memory her tree, taking the time to change her stroke to create contrast between the strangler and the host. Every so often she brushed her long hair back over her shoulder, the only movement outside of the pencil strokes. She was entranced, but still listening as Kama continued to speak.

"The humans are quite destructive. Before there were only eight Hamadryad. They were the guardians and protected the souls. Now there are hundreds, and many are located in the human world fighting a lost cause. Humans just don't respect the trees."

She was finally done, and she held up the acceptable picture. It was home.  

Elyessi

Married Bum

10,575 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Citizen 200

leon_a_darkangel

Dedicated Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:53 pm
Kamakura's eyebrows lifted slight as he gave the other a considering look. "And you a bit too monstrous to be a demon, and now we understand at least this much about one another." The nekomata added after a moments consideration.

"Our family use to eat humans that strayed too far into our village..or we'd just terrorize them for fear or livestock. It was fairly typical anyway, even to this day. I don't mind humans to much...I helped one survive not long ago, and the dumb thing repaid me by saving my life." The demon sighed rubbing his neck.

"But yes, humans are rather destructive...the ones near our village use to cut the cats tails off because they feared them becoming nekomata as they aged. Those ones usually met rather unfortunate ends." He added with an ominous note.

Shrugging some he leaned in as he examined her gorgeous drawing. "You are very good at what you do...I'm still learning to do figures." He mumbled, admiring the ghoul's work. As if on que, his split tail tips moved independently of one other, one twitched a direction while the other moved another. It seemed as if he had mostly full control over the appendage even if it was done mostly subconsciously.

Kama had to admit, he admired the way her corporal form was comprised and eyed her plant-like arms curiously.

Elyessi

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff