Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1V1] Time to Practice (Serafina & Davyne)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:19 am
Serafina hated spars.

Really, she did, even if it seemed like she was occasionally surprisingly good at them. She didn't really like fighting--it required a lot of energy and a lot of getting... rough with other people. Serafina did not enjoy being rough. It wasn't really in her nature.

Still, spars were required to graduate. And while she may have not been in a hurry to leave, she knew she would have to sooner or later. She was a third year, after all.

Serafina sighed.

She sat herself on a gym bench, eyePhone out and tapping out some posts on Critter. Perhaps someone would approach her for a spar, or she'd see someone that didn't look as... fighty as some of the others did.

Ephebe
Slow start go!

Ephebe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:39 am
Davyne was on the prowl for another sparring partner but rather unfortunately the gym seemed rather barren today. The few creeple she'd already asked were unwilling or otherwise occupied, and she was truthfully beginning to lose hope that she would be able to find anyone. Perhaps her plans would have to be put off until the morrow.

But then she came upon the other ghoul sitting at a gym bench, looking quite occupied - and perhaps another day the sorceress would have been polite and left her alone (spoiler: not), but she was quite eager to spar on this day.

And so she strode over to the other ghoul, reaching out to tap her on one shoulder; "greetings. Would you spar with me?"

Seiana_ZI
yayy <33333

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:15 pm
Serafina tapped something else out on her phone before placing it to the side, looking over at the reaper that had approached her.

Well, she guessed someone was going to approach her today. There was a small part of her that cursed this fact. Now she couldn't just bury her head in the phone and pretend she had actually fulfilled the requirement.

This ghoul looked nice enough, though. Perhaps it wouldn't be so bad?

"Uhm, sure," said Serafina, nervously, as she came to her feet and offered her hand. "I'm Serafina."

Ephebe

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:18 pm
"I am Davyne," said said ghoul as she took Serafina's hand and gave it a shake. "Are you ready to commence sparring?"

((HP: 30 / 30
Dmg: 0 ))

Seiana_ZI
sjkfhsgjksjhgv I am going to assume it was her hand and not her head xDDDD

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 6 Total: 16 (2-20)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:14 pm
Serafina offered a polite smile, bowing her head respectfully. "Davyne is a pretty name," offered Serafina, before letting go of Davyne's hand and backing up.

Right, they needed to spar now. Ugh.

"Yes, I'm ready." She expected a hit from Davyne but found... None. Was it her turn then?

Serafina made a kind of flailing lunge of a hit that apparently was much more forceful than she realized. Instinctively, Serafina shouted a, "Sorry!"

HP: 50/50
Damage 10...

Ephebe
omg autocorrect why yes it's hand adhdhdjshs

Ephebe rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 6 Total: 8 (2-12)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:19 pm
She blinked at the compliment, but said nothing and watched as the other ghoul moved away.

And then older ghoul did a whirling lunge and she got bashed, hard - Davyne wheezed and staggered, only just keeping her balance from the sheer force of it. "N-no, do not be sorry - it is all practice," she gasped.

Although mostly practice in taking a hit, so far. Attempting to rectify this, she moved a few steps and summoned her whip before lashing out with it - still unsteady on her feet, the hit wasn't the greatest, but at least it actually connected to the target.

((HP: 20 / 30
Dmg: 2 ))
Seiana_ZI
xDDD

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 10 Total: 19 (2-20)

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:30 pm
Yes. That's right. It was a spar. All practice. It was alright. Serafina recentered herself after a deep breath or two and waited for the return hit.

She cringed slightly at the sensation of the whip slapping against her, but overall she didn't feel too damaged by it. She could handle this. It was practice, right? Just a bit of practice. She closed her eyes, breathed, and centered herself again.

Serafina proceeded to punch Davyne with a force she didn't realize she had.

Maybe she didn't know her own strength...

"I'm so sorry!"

HP: 48/50
Damage: 13 wat even Sera

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 pm
Davyne went down like a bowling pin, falling backwards from the sheer force of the punch. For a little while she just laid on the ground, blinking rapidly and contemplating what poor life choices had led her to challenge the only person in the gym capable of hitting like a freight train.

About a minute later she finally felt composed enough to speak and, still laying on the ground, stated blandly; "you are strong."

That was possibly the understatement of the century. Why was this ghoul even in school? The sorceress felt quite confident that she could've taken on the giant vine-horse in the human city and single-handedly won.

Okay, perhaps that was a bit of an overstatement. But still, this was by far the most skillful opponent she'd ever faced, besides said giant vine-horse thing.

((HP: 7 / 30 ))

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:56 pm
The sight of Davyne stuck on the ground like that made her throat feel tight for a few moments. She had done that. Oh Jack. Was the ghoul okay? She hadn't dissipated, but she was on the floor...

When Davyne declared her strong, Serafina flushed. "I'm sorry," again, because she hadn't apologized quite enough yet, of course, "I didn't know that would hit that hard..."

The ghoul cleared her throat awkwardly, before walking over, bending to Davyne's level, and offering her hand. If she was going to demolish this poor reaper like that, Serafina could at least help her get up, right? It was something, at last.

"Thank you, though," offered Serafina, almost as an afterthought, to Davyne's plainly said compliment.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:04 pm
"You do not need to be sorry," Davyne began, "it was a mutually agreed to spar; you did not ambush me in the corridors or anything of the like. I should have considered the possibility that my opponent was so far above me in level and have been ready to take on any attack, no matter how damaging."

She took the other ghoul's hand, letting her help her up. Perhaps normally she would not, but she was still feeling a bit out of sorts after the spar. Which she hadn't yet conceded, had she? There were protocols for this sort of thing and she was shirking them.

"I concede full defeat to you," she said rather formally, inclining her head to the other ghoul in a show of respect. It was rare to see such skill in play, after all.

Which was a valid point; was this, perhaps, a chance to learn more about battling from a master of the art?

"Do you," she began and then stopped, clearing her throat uncomfortably. She was not used to entreating other creeple for help and it came unnaturally to her. "Do you perhaps have any advice for how I might best progress to your level of skill?"

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:13 pm
So far above her in level? Serafina wasn't that good. Her face turned a bit of a deeper red, the ghoul clearly embarrassed.

Nevertheless, she helped her up, bringing Davyne back to her feet before letting go of her once more. At least she didn't seem mad--oh Jack, she didn't need to incline her head or anything, Serafina was definitely not worth that level of respect, though she was certainly flattered by it.

"Um, good spar," offered Serafina, still awkward, bowing her head respectfully in turn. She had suffered those hits, after all--

Wait, advice from her? She didn't know! Serafina kinda just flailed around and ran away half the time. Those weren't very good battle tips. She wasn't particularly good at all, in her opinion. For one, she had no finesse.

"Uh," great advice, Serafina. She rubbed her neck awkwardly. "Try to center yourself before the battle. It helps concentrate and makes time seem like it goes slower?"

While it was phrased more like a question, that sounded like something someone with actual skill would say. Hopefully it wasn't disappointing.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:25 pm
The ghoul was changing shade, though whether it was anger or embarrassment or something entirely different, Davyne could not say. Still, she watched with interest.

"Center myself," she repeated thoughtfully. That did seem useful, yes; presumably it would help her not get distracted, as she had been today by the severity of the hits she was taking. It was certainly worth a try, she thought. "How would you recommend going about this?"

Any advice she could get she was willing to take, for still the thought of not saving her human was with her. She had found herself seeing the human in dreams that were nightmares that were entirely illogical - nonetheless, she could not seem to shake them. Perhaps it was time to consult a creature of dream magic but it felt far too personal to simply bare her thoughts like that.

It also, though she was loath to admit it, felt like admitting defeat. She was not keen on that and so had, for the moment, re-directed her energy into being more useful should another chance to do something good arise.

Seiana_ZI

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:32 pm
Serafina itched at her surgical mask as if it would make some kind of difference. Perhaps relieving her anxiousness, it could at least do that...

How to center oneself? Serafina at least knew that. Maybe. She took in deep breaths a lot when she wanted to focus, even if she didn't really have to breathe as a ghost. That applied to battle too. She did it instinctively during this spar.

Did that actually end up helping her? Serafina wasn't sure... "Deep breathing, that's what I do at least," offered Serafina, looking a bit sheepish. "Take in a deep breath before you do something to focus."

That probably sounded silly coming from a ghost, but she also thought it actually worked...

Maybe.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:46 pm
Davyne nodded seriously, taking the information and storing it away for later use. "I will be sure to do that from now on," and she had every intention of following through on that.

"Thank you for your assistance; I have learned much today, both during our spar and from your advice." Again she inclined her head, eyes full of respect - though she had not expected the spar to go as it had, she was not complaining, for she really had learned a lot.

"If you wish to spar another time, I would be amenable - for now I must take my leave to have a short rest in my dorm."

Seiana_ZI
thank you a bunch for rp!! I laughed a ton at this spar, haha - do you want me to start another one (and if so with whom)? : D I'm going to bed so it won't be until tomorrow tho

Ephebe

Seiana_ZI

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:56 pm
Phew. Her advice was helpful. Maybe it would actually even be useful...

Serafina's lips twitched into a smile under her mask. It showed in her eyes, at least. "Good! I'm glad I could help you, even if, ah," she dragged off, still embarrassed about totally destroying the poor ghoul. She needed to not do that next time.

Of course she needed to rest.

"Of course!" Serafina bowed her head, before lifting her hand to wave. "It was a pleasure to meet you, Davyne! Perhaps we will spar again."

Ephebe
Yeah sure! I have two first years that shouldn't steamroll so much if you want hahaha

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games