Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Visitors
View Results

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:08 pm
While yes, gaia does tell you how to "fix" the issue, it however has a disclaimer at the bottom which allows ALL flash to run on ALL sites, which means if you goto an unsecured site for some reason, flash can be jacked from there more or less.

There is another way, which I had wrote step by step on how to do, to Gaia staff, but alas, they ignored it. ( morons )

You can allow just GAIA to run instead of ALL flash places. Keeping you and your computer and information safer.

1. top right hand corner of the browser there are 3 little lines, click it.

2. Goto Settings

3. All the way at the bottom of settings in a link it says " show advanced settings" -- Click

4. Goto Privacy, click the button that says "Content Settings"

5. Scroll down to Plug-ins option, keep the middle radio button clicked where it says " Detect and run important plug in content ( recommended )"

6. Click the BUTTON that says "Manage exceptions..."

7. In the new window that pops up there is a box on the bottom left that has greyed out text in it reading "[*.]example.com"

8. Place your mouse there and typed in: [*.]Gaiaonline.com and make sure the drop down menu next to it says allow

9. To make certain, also type in just www.gaiaonline.com -- again make sure next to it is says allow.

10. In the bottom right hand corner of the box, click done. Do the same thing for the previous box that says "content settings" -- just click done.

11. Exit out of the settings tab, enjoy gaiaonline, and stay secure!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:58 pm
Awesomeness, thanks for this info. Sooo much better having the Avi's show up normal again...lol biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  

Dion von Trap

Friendly Shapeshifter

11,475 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:56 pm
Dion von Trap
Awesomeness, thanks for this info. Sooo much better having the Avi's show up normal again...lol biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

You're Welcome. =D  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:30 am
Thank you so much for this!  

Wingseagle

Peaceful Bibliophile

19,475 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Sweet Moonbeam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:40 am
I just want to send out a big THANK YOU! emotion_hug emotion_hug This information is so appreciated! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:59 pm
ToushinYusuke

twisted Even an non-computer tech got this to work! Thanks!  

RyogaRob

Destructive Enabler

33,225 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:11 pm
Wingseagle

Sweet Moonbeam

Both welcome. =D  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:19 am
i wasnt having problems but i did this anyway, thank you  

LepreChlone

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:35 pm
RyogaRob
ToushinYusuke

twisted Even an non-computer tech got this to work! Thanks!

-chuckles- Welcome, glad it helped.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:37 pm
Bonerific101
i wasnt having problems but i did this anyway, thank you

You're welcome, it is always good to do as a 'just in case' method, especially since you don't have to allow all flash to do it either, just a simple white listing of a web site.  

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

zariqueen

Dangerous Hunter

15,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:13 pm
Bumping for awareness...and to thank you! Much better than the 'allow any old flash BS' setting Gaia showed us. 3nodding blaugh heart mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:07 am
What if you allowed it the way Gaia said to? I think I may have. How do I make myself safe again for Gaia only?

edit - nevermind i found it. went to to chrome plugins and disabled it  

A Joyful Noise IV

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

A Joyful Noise IV

Adorable Survivor

23,990 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:42 am
ToushinYusuke
While yes, gaia does tell you how to "fix" the issue, it however has a disclaimer at the bottom which allows ALL flash to run on ALL sites, which means if you goto an unsecured site for some reason, flash can be jacked from there more or less.

There is another way, which I had wrote step by step on how to do, to Gaia staff, but alas, they ignored it. ( morons )

You can allow just GAIA to run instead of ALL flash places. Keeping you and your computer and information safer.

1. top right hand corner of the browser there are 3 little lines, click it.

2. Goto Settings

3. All the way at the bottom of settings in a link it says " show advanced settings" -- Click

4. Goto Privacy, click the button that says "Content Settings"

5. Scroll down to Plug-ins option, keep the middle radio button clicked where it says " Detect and run important plug in content ( recommended )"

6. Click the BUTTON that says "Manage exceptions..."

7. In the new window that pops up there is a box on the bottom left that has greyed out text in it reading "[*.]example.com"

8. Place your mouse there and typed in: [*.]Gaiaonline.com and make sure the drop down menu next to it says allow

9. To make certain, also type in just www.gaiaonline.com -- again make sure next to it is says allow.

10. In the bottom right hand corner of the box, click done. Do the same thing for the previous box that says "content settings" -- just click done.

11. Exit out of the settings tab, enjoy gaiaonline, and stay secure!

I did something wrong because I can't see tanks anymore ...so i should enable the flash plug in on the plug in page? I'm so confused

Do I go to chrome://plugins and enable flash player because when I have it disabled I can't see tanks  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:04 am
cutester
What if you allowed it the way Gaia said to? I think I may have. How do I make myself safe again for Gaia only?

edit - nevermind i found it. went to to chrome plugins and disabled it

That's a separate area. keep it "unchecked"

Goto instead: chrome://settings/
and then follow my prompt from there. Not plug-ins. I have my plug in enabled but not always allowed box checked. See what I am saying?

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

ToushinYusuke

Powered-up Fighter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:13 am
Dion von Trap

Wingseagle

Sweet Moonbeam

RyogaRob

Bonerific101

zariqueen

cutester

Nashoba1

Got an "interesting" phone call this morning from "microsoft" by one of those "out sourced -- english is not my first language" people.

This guy is claiming that there is an infection on my computer that NO antivirus can find. I'm scoffing at him already. And he wanted me to hit control + windows key + r. ( we never made it past that. ) but the point of this story is...
1. stop and think. MICROSOFT will NOT call out of the blue to "offer tech support free".
2. If the guy on the other end of the phone had to play a guessing game with me as to what windows version I am running, he obviously doesn't know s**t.
3. If he's going to sit there and argue with me over 'tech support' dude obviously is a** retarded to start with. XB

IN SHORT, IF YOU GET ONE OF THESE CALLS, DON'T LISTEN TO THEM. IT IS A SCAM TO GET INTO YOUR COMPUTER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MQ-hv91fQE In case you don't understand my ranting... Have a youtube video from this dude. XD

Booty Prowling Panthers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff