Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]
Fire and Ice (Bliss and Dragon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:54 pm
Name: Lyra Ceres
Description: Standing at a short 5'0", Lyra has golden caramel toned skin, her eyes the color of a blazing flame, swirls of red and orange within them. Her wild long hair the shade of the sun, a warm sun yellow. Her attire usually consists of flowing silk like fabrics in the styles of a dress.
Elemental powers: Fire and heat
Personality: Shy, warmhearted (quite literally), loving, elegant, is nice to those who treat her the same, can be protective of those she loves, is known to be stubborn at times, easily embarrassed.
Likes: Roasting marshmallows, tea, chocolate (ironic enough), ice cream (again ironic), winter (again. ironic), sweets and candies, swimming (again ironic)
Dislikes: Thunderstorms (the noise startles her), accidentally burning people, accidentally setting things on fire, being called a hazard
Extra Info:
- despite being a fire elemental Lyra like the cold and being around water, it doesn't hurt her
she just can't fully feel the coolness of it
- When she gets angry her hair tends to flair up like a flame
- She has a flame birthmark on her back
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Nic Genos
Description:
- 5'5"
- Short, spiked, light sky blue hair (looks kind of like icicles)
- Pale white skin
- Ice blue eyes with shards of darker blue and white
- Attire tends to be a more laid back style, loose t-shirt and cargo shorts being the most common
Elemental powers: Ice and Cold
Personality:
Nic is pretty easy going, and enjoys having fun in life. So long as you don't tick him off, he's more than willing to try and befriend you. He doesn't get embarrassed that easily, often admitting his faults and joking about them. When he becomes enraged, his powers tend to take over and destroy to try and defend, why this reaction happens, Nic isn't all that sure, but his mother told him it was something that happened when he was a child. What that was, she refused to tell him.
Ice
Sweets
Adventure
Warm days
Star gazing
Dislikes:
Losing control of his powers
Staying in place for to long
Sour candies
Having to dress up
Extra Info:
- Doesn't care if people say he's a danger or a hazard
- Doesn't judge a person based on their element
- Despite his friendly personality, Nic can and will hold a grudge if you tick him off enough

starvingbliss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:26 pm
DragonChild09

It was an average day for Lyra,.. Or at least average for her. Her mother was once again scolding her for accidentally burning dinner. She had her flame too high and now the small cottage smelled of burnt beef, and the kitchen was charred.. Again. "You damn hot head! I ask you to do one simple task and you can't even do that!", Lyra shrunk down and whimpered, she hated it when her mother used that term. "It was an accident..", she softly said. "Well what do you expect us to eat now, this is the tenth time this month! You know what, I'm tired of this Lyra! Just go, first it was dinner, then it was the garden, then the laundry, I am tired of fixing the damage you've caused!.", her mother pointed harshly at the front door. "G-go..? As in leave..?", Lyra couldn't believe it, was her mother actually kicking her out? "Yes, leave, leave this house and leave the town, we cannot afford to repair your damages, you are a hazard!". Lyra could feel the heat build up in her hands, her hair giving off a spark as it usually did when she got upset. But upon noticing what she was doing, she thought maybe her mother was right, maybe she should go.
Without another word, she packed a bag of her belongings and walked out the door silently. Upon leaving the town, she noticed people stopping to stare, the whispers of "The hazard is leaving?", "It's about time...", "No more repairs.". Maybe it was best for her to finally make her leave, all she did was cause damage and pain. A heavy sigh left her lips as she stepped into the forest, a small trail of tears covering her warm cheeks.  

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:48 pm

Nic Genos

The chilled air blew gently through the town, a typical day in the land of ice and frost. Along it's streets people separated and stared, each mumbling words to one another as one of their own came walking through. The ice elemental that people feared, hated, and shunned, his name, Nic Genos. It wasn't that he was evil that people hated him, Nic had a tendency to lose control of his powers at times, and when angered, Nic caused lots of destruction, the last building he got ticked off in was still pierced by large shards of ice that seemed to grow out of the ground beneath it.

Nic could see all the people reacting as he approached, it was normal for him. He never really cared though, why should he care what these people thought. Walking into his little shack of a home he had bought after his mother had passed a few years ago, and he'd never met his father, so being on his own was his only real choice. He learned to manage himself well enough though, taking little trips out of the village, Nic always returned with new loot. But today was the day. The day he was going to leave the village behind to go explore the world beyond this villages freezing plains.

Grabbing onto his prepacked bag, Nic took one more look around his home before turning and heading out. This was where his adventure started. Walking away from the village, Nic had a small smile on his face, excitement rushing through him. Before long , he ended up in a forest that sat on the boarder of another village, fire elementals if he remembered correctly.

starvingbliss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:01 pm
DragonChild09

The tears had dried by this point, Lyra simply sighed as she walked through the bustle of trees. 'Where would I go? No other town would want a dangerous flame to wander about... Obviously going back home is out of the question..'.
A faint breeze blew over the small hill she came upon, it felt as if a storm could be making its way over the forest border. The air smelled of dew, faint drops of rain fell passed through the leaves of the trees. "Please don't let it pour...", Lyra hopped as she continued to tread through the dampen grounds.
It had only been a few minutes before the rain began to really came down, "No, no, no!", Lyra could feel her clothes become drenched in rain, hair sticking to her face, her fire dimming only slightly. 'Shelter, shelter!', her eyes scanned for any place nearby to hide from the down pour.
Just her luck she found what appeared to be a deep cave. Deep enough to hide in, stay dry, dry off her belongings, maybe clear her head and find out what to do. The girl was now homeless, it was just her and the elements, she had no plan, she was lost.
Dashing into the cave, she set her bag down and shivered, she had to make a fire, something she shouldn't have trouble with, but it took more effort considering she was drenched. "Come on... Come on. Please..", she dried off her hands and snapped her fingers hoping to spark a bustle of twigs and leaves. "Just... One.. Spark.", one last snap and a flame was brought to life, "Thank goodness...", she laid out her items to dry off what little clothes she bought and to warm herself back to her usual temp. With that small problem solved, Lyra began to think about what she'd do once the storm stopped.

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:28 pm

Nic Genos

As he walked through the forest, Nic could sense the oncoming rain. Great, of course it's on the day I set out Nic thought to himself with a small sigh. His luck was always terrible, but what can you do. Without any warning, the storm broke loose, he was hoping to have at least a bit more time before the rain started to fall, but that wasn't going to happen. The sky flashed with bright light as lightning flicked and thunder roared. Should find cover he thought to himself taking a look around.

Running through the downpour he spotted a cave among the rocks and ran over. Standing in the mouth of the cave, Nic turned to look back out and let out a small sigh of relief another clap of thunder sounding up above. Suddenly the sound of fire crackled behind him, turning quickly, Nic found it's source. A bit further in the cave sat a girl, a fire elemental, what was she doing here? Adventuring like him?

"Ummm, hi mind if I join you here till the storm passes?" Nic said with a small chuckle, lightly rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at the girl. The rain that had covered him started turning to frost, some flaking off and falling slowly to the cave floor. "Oh, I'm Nic by the way. Nic Genos." Nic introduced himself holding a hand out to the girl. He wasn't even sure if the girl would take his lightly frosted hand, most fire elementals wouldn't touch an ice elemental, and vice versa, or at least that's what he's been told. But it was to late to take it back now, besides, Nic never cared about what element people were, why would he?

starvingbliss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:55 pm
DragonChild09

Lyra was surprised to see an ice elemental come into the cave, shes never really come across one, seeing as she's the exact opposite and none has come near her.
"Oh, you're more than welcome to stay here..", she said softly before reaching out her hand and gently shaking his. "Nic.. Its nice to meet you, my name is Lyra, Lyra Ceres.". She introduced herself with a shy smile. She took in mind that Nic's hand felt only mildly cool, with his own sense of warmth in comparison to her own. Hoping her own body heat wasn't overwhelming to him.  

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:51 am

Nic Genos

Nic smiled a bit as the girl, who introduced herself as Lyra, shook his hand, her warmth melting the frost and dripping onto the cave floor. Nic couldn't help but to let out a small chuckle, it was the first time he'd actually been in contact with a fire elemental, it was different, he'd give it that. But the warmth felt nice, it was different and it felt kind of like those sunny days when he left the village and went into the plains, only warmer."Thanks. It's a pleasure to meet you too, Lyra." Nic smiled.

"You hungry? I have food packed." Nic asked excitement of meeting a fire elemental in his voice. He wasn't very good with hiding his excitement, which added to his childish nature. He'd noticed that the girl had brought a small bag along, and figured she was probably a traveler like him, travelers gotta help other travelers, right? Plus Lyra seemed kind of shy, so it seemed like a decent enough ice breaker.... no pun intended. He hoped that she didn't mind conversing with an ice elemental, but if she didn't want to then he wouldn't press the topic.

starvingbliss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:54 pm
DragonChild09

At the mention of food, Lyra would be lying if she said she wasn't hungry.. after all she did burn dinner and didn't exactly get a chance to eat before she was kicked out of her little town.
"Some food sounds good right about now actually.." she said quite meekly as she pulled her knees up to her chest. Her stomach definitely agreed with her seeing as the organ grumbled and growled quite loudly, causing her cheeks to flare up in a bright red. 'Ugh, why didn't I grab anything before my mother kicked me out..', oh possibly because her mother kicked her out, and she had no choice but to just grab what she could.
Turning her attention back to Nic she observed the boy closely, taking in his appearance, she had never really come across ice elementals often, she's seen a few yes, but never upclose, "So what brings you out here in a storm like this..? she questioned softly.

((Sorry for the late reply, I had an emergency to take care of))

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:04 pm

Nic Genos

Nic smiled, glad that Lyra had taken up his offer, before placing his bag down next to himself and riffling through it as he listened to her continue. Holding out a wrapped up sandwich to Lyra, Nic grabbed one for himself before closing the bag. As Lyra asked what brought him out here excitement over took him. "I left to go explore the world! It's not like my town really liked me anyways, so, the way I see it, there's no ties holding me back!" Nic explained. He never did care what the others thought of him, he was himself, if they couldn't accept that, then that was their problem not his. "What about you?" he asked curiously.

((ooc np welcome back 4laugh hope everything's okay))

starvingbliss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:23 pm
DragonChild09

"Oh I see.." Lyra said as she gratefully took the sandwich, when she was asked what she herself was doing out here she let out a quiet sigh. "Sounds like we're in the same boat.. except my mother kicked me out, no one in my town wanted me there so of course they were glad when the day finally came and I wasn't welcome anymore.". Lyra's bright eyes casted down, looking at the ground her feet stood on. Yeah there's nothing she can do, but it still hurt, she tried to be as safe and careful as one could be when it came to using fire and flames, but she could only do so much, she could only live so long trying to fireproof herself which wasn't even possible obviously.

((ooc: thank you! things are getting better, I'm just glad I got to a computer after almost two weeks))

AuroraAustinalis

Timid Kitty

DragonChild09

Eternal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:41 am

Nic Genos

Nic's face grew a bit more distraught as Lyra explained what she was doing out here. Kicked out by her people, that's just cruel. "I'm sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel any better, you're more than welcome to travel with me." Nic said with a small sheepish smile. It would be nice to have the company, plus the fire elemental interested him. She seemed nice, a bit shy, but nice. Plus this was the first fire elemental he'd ever talked to, it would be cool if she would spend more time with him.

starvingbliss

~The 1x1 Corner~ [1x1 Roleplays]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff