Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters
{PRP} Questions Left Unanswered {Kaito & Naoki}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:22 pm
"Questions Left Unanswered" - RP
Characters: Kaito & Naoki
Players: Zakiax & Regal Renegade
Wordcounts:
→ Regal Renegade || 2,303 words | 0 Complete RP's |
→ Zakiax || 1,005 words | 0 Complete RP's |

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:23 pm
User Image

Today was a strange day for Naoki, after his conversations with Stillwater and Lorilie he had actually asked his parents for permission to leave the den for the first time ever. Normally his head was so full of fantasy that he couldn’t be bothered, but something was beginning to change within the cub. Was he growing up? The thought made him feel all at once excited yet hesitant. What would being an adult be like? Would he be like his parents? Or would he someday be like Stillwater or Lorilie? He somewhat missed the days of thinking only of sea serpents and ghoulish beings, for now his thoughts were occupied with more adult questions. Who was he really? What should his goals be? Did they have to change? Why the Water Tribe?

Numerous thoughts ricocheted from one side of his skull to the other, buzzing like bees swarming his mind. He desired peace, or at least a reprieve from this whole becoming a grown up thing. He wanted the innocence he had once had back; he craved the ignorance. Sure, he had been wondering what his purpose should be but the answer had been so simple to him only a few months ago. He would kill a monster and become a hero, a dream that seemed more and more ridiculous with each passing day. He used to think all of his questions were answered, that he had thought of everything but now he saw differently. With time came more questions and fewer answers, or so it seemed.

With a sigh he looked up to find that he had walked to the lake without even realizing it. It was as though the calm surface called to him, but he did not know why. Stopping just at the edge of the shore he stared at his own reflection before sighing and smacking it away with his paw. It became fragmented and hazy, just like his thoughts. Lowering himself to the ground he rolled onto his back and stared at the clouds. He was born of the Water Tribe but had been told of the existence of others, yet he knew nothing about them. This world was so large and he was so small.

Zakiax
                                                                                          I wasn't sure of how many completed rp's you had, so I will edit it if you let me know. ^^

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:55 pm
User Image

The pale water male was also having trouble figuring out where he belonged with in the water tribe. He had been pacing the edge of the lake for a while now, back and forth back and forth as he was content with his thoughts. Kaitos paws took him from one end of the lake to another with constant speed.

Staying in one place wasn't him, he knew that for sure. Trying to settle down didn't work it only made his paws more restless. The male also knew he wanted to know more about the world, about other balam aside from his own tribe. But it was dangerous outside, or so he believed, so going alone was out of the question. But then again Kaito wasn't a leader to lead a group of balam, or was he? He figured he wasn't since he tended to keep to himself most of the time.

With out even realizing that an obstacle had 'fallen' into his path he ended up tripping over the poor little cub, causing him to fall flat on his face with in the mud of the lake shore. "oof!"

Regal Renegade
None Completed with Kaito. Truthfully our one between Kalani and Kalista is my only finished rp. Everything else is still in progress.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:47 pm
Ripples caused by the slow lapping of the waves danced across the surface, emulating the mind of the cub that lay stretched out beside of it. He still didn’t truly know what he was supposed to do, or what made him a Water Tribe B’alam other than the globes he possessed and the circumstances of his birth. What was he meant to do? Surely the Weaver had a plan for him? Or was that all nonsense? Was he simply meant to wander around day after day without a direction? Or was he merely being impatient? Rolling onto his belly once more he stared into the lake in hopes of finding an answer swimming around within, but instead something much more entertaining occurred.

He hadn’t even heard the other male’s frantic pacing or his approach, but it was evident he was not alone when something crashed into him and went rolling in a heap not too far off. Shaking his head the cub blew his bangs from his jade eyes and searched around wildly in an attempt to make sense of what had just happened. Before long his gaze came to rest upon a fellow Water Tribe member and he chuckled lightly. What had he expected? A sea serpent? Getting to his feet he trotted over to the other and began poking him with his paw. “Are you okay?”

He was still trying not to laugh; even though he was maturing with each day he was still a cub who found clumsiness to be hilarious. Besides, aside from a small sore spot on his side where he suspected the other’s paw had smacked him, he was completely unscathed. “Mother always told me not to flop down where others may be walking, I’m sorry.” He said through a stifled giggle.

Zakiax
Haha, I hear ya! WIP rps are gonna kill me!
Oh, and it appeared I was using the form wrong so yea. XD Sorry.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:49 am

What did he trip on? It was the first question that ran through his head. Normally no one would be around, possible he tripped over his own feet, or a rock of some kind. That was always plausible.

The other's poke as well as his words brought the whitish male out of his thoughts. His yellow eyes glanced at the other. Ah, so it was someone he tripped over a small cub. "I'm fine. I think" he replied back. He was sore and now his white coat covered in spotty mud but other then that he felt quite fine. "What about you?" wondering if the smaller one was injured from his carelessness.

Kaito pushed himself to his feet and took a few steps away from the cub before he shook himself off, getting most of the mud off of his fur. This was the first time that Kaito ever ran into a cub. Most his acquaintances had been adults, so he didn't know what to think about this encounter, yet.

"No, I should be the one who is sorry." He responded shaking his head. "I should have been paying more attention to where I was going. For that I am truly sorry."

Regal Renegade
Ah,

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:58 pm
When the male finally began to move Naoki was able to get a better look at him. Definitely a member of the Water Tribe as he had initially believed, but now the poor guy looked worse than ever. His coat which was seemingly white was now discolored with various shades of brown from the dense clay of the lake bank, even his blue markings appeared to be blotted out by the mud. Without much of a thought for personal boundaries the cub reached out his paw and began rubbing at one of the spots on the male’s leg in an attempt to make it vanish. “I’m fine!” Naoki answered, his tongue poking out the corner of his mouth in concentration.

When the other began to back away he allowed his paw to drop and smiled up at his new companion. “Don’t be! I was in the middle of everything, so we are both to blame.” At that moment a shadow snaking quickly across the ground drew his attention to the sky where he could have sworn he saw a winged B’alam streaking overhead. His eyes followed until the creature vanished among the clouds and the cub flopped casually onto his haunches. “I wish I could fly..” He murmured, musing over what he had just witnessed briefly. He had heard tales of other tribes out there but, aside from some of the Earth Tribe, hadn’t encountered them. Once again he felt himself being reminded of just how big this world was, and how little he knew about it.

He looked back at the stranger, a glint of excitement lighting his eyes. “I hear there are other B’alam with wings. Oh! And some with horns. OH! And some that even have scales!” His mind jumped from one thought to another in a matter of seconds, as all of the mysteries of the world began to flood his senses once again.

Zakiax
<3

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:44 pm

Kaito picked up a paw which was now dripping with mud. "Well now I need a bath," he muttered. Yet, the adult didn't want to seem rude to the small one who was right there with him. With the lake right there it was tempting to go for a swim and clean his white fur. The small one attempting to help him clean up, even made him want to swim even more so then ever. Still he resisted, well for as long as he could. With out another word the adult jumped into the lake making a large splash. He went under for a few moments before reemerging. Most of the mud was off of him, well as much as he could get off with one dunk under the clean crystalline lake.

"I guess we both are to blame" Kaito replied back with a small nod after he exited the water. He shook a bit getting what water he could off of his cleaner pelt. Even still Kaito felt like he was more to blame then the small cub, as an adult he should have known better to watch where he was going, despite the cubs claim to being at fault as well. He did have the experience upon the little one, haven been here longer.

Kaito followed the cubs eyes to the sky with his own to see the shadowy figure in the sky. It must be one of those wind tribe members leaving from visiting the market again. He noticed several the last time he decided to go into the main streets of the capitol. As time past, more and more new tahtll were appearing here and there. "Yes, flying would be quite lovely," he replied back. "I've always wondered what the world would look like from above rather then from below."

Kaito shook his head as a bit of water dripped from his ear tuffs. He was quite surprised about the excitement the young one had about the different tribes. This was Kaito's first time interacting with a cub, yes he was expecting a bit of a ball of energy filled with curiosity but this small one exceeded his expectations. "I'm Kaito by the way." He said finally giving the small one his name, in hopes that it would be returned with the smaller ones name.

"Yes there are quite a few different tahtll." he replied back. "Whom inhabit many different tribes across the lands." The weaver had been quite busy weaving tons of life into the lands as the time went by. Many more had appearing much more then when he himself was first woven. Though aside from that Kaito did not know much about the other tribes, only that they existed.

He himself had been trying to figure out where he belonged with in the water tribe, but that was something he had not found out yet. There was just so much he could do or could try to do. He did not want to try everything only to find out that he did not fit anywhere into the water tribe. So this adult had quite the predicament upon his paws. If the cub asked any more questions then his excitement of statements about the other tribes he did not know what he would tell the other.

Of course he would not lie to him, it was something Kaito was not woven with. Well he could lie but he would feel awful about it. Kaito felt that lying to another would be lying to himself. Which was something he was against doing. If he was to lie about himself, how was he ever suppose to find his true self?

[1k mark for kaito]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:51 am
“My name’s Naoki, it means honest.” The little one responded distractedly. His gaze still searched the heavens for another shadow but he soon looked away when Kaito began speaking of the different B’alam in the world. Naoki had known about them but he really did not know much about them other than the base observation that they were not like him. With the adult’s words he was also reminded of the various lands that surrounded them on all sides. He recalled his daring adventure to the Water Tribe border when he was younger. Alas, he hadn’t gotten very far before his plan had become unraveled by a watchful member of the Tribe.

He often wondered what it would have been like had he not been prevented from crossing the border. What wonders would he have seen? Maybe the crystal peaks of the Light Tribe, or the scalding magma lakes of the Fire Tribe. An audible sigh escaped the young ones maw as he dreamed about the world he had never seen. “I wonder what it is like,” he muttered, “out there.” His attention was once more placed on Kaito and he quirked a brow. “Have you ever seen it? Any of it?” The spark of insatiable curiosity continued to grow as he awaited an answer.

To a certain degree the cub knew the entire world to be a large puzzle, and that each B’alam was a small piece added to it in order to make it a whole. Even so, he still was not sure where his puzzle piece fit. There was still so very much that he was unaware of, so much yet that he had still to learn. His eyes fell to the ground as he began scratching meaningless doodles into the mud. Why exactly had he been woven? Was it for some greater purpose, or was he just another addition to the puzzle?

He soon began to stare into the distance as though attempting to spot one of the other lands. Did they gaze back? Were they just as curious as he? At this moment the only one who could possible satisfy this yearning within him was Kaito. Perhaps the adult had traveled; perhaps he had seen things that Naoki had never dreamed of. Maybe he could tell tales of extraordinary adventure. “What is out there?” He enquired, sounding more like a cub than ever before.

Zakiax
Sorry that took so long, started my new job last week haha.

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:32 am
"That is quite the question." Kaito replied to the young one's mumblings. "I have not seen anything outside of the water tribe's territory, however there are several who visit the market place from far and wide." He continued. "I have only heard of stories myself from those balam who visit us."

Maybe he should get out more often to see the world. He knew for sure that his paws couldn't sit still, but he was woven into the water tribe for a reason and he wanted to find that reason. It seemed that Kaito and Naoki had quite the same dilemma, both did not know where they fit in.

"I do not know what is out there Naoki" Kaito finally admitted. "Perhaps one day I should find out," Maybe that is what he was here for. To go find out what the other tribes were like first hand? After all Kaito did know that he could not stay here for much longer his urges to continue forth were a constant nagging in the back of his mind.

Regal Renegade
No worries last week was my midterms so I was busy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:39 am
Naoki was noticeably disappointed by the answer provided by the other. “Oh.” He breathed in a sigh that made his feelings all the more obvious. He stared down at the illegible doodles he had made before turning to stare out at the all too familiar lake. He didn’t blame Kaito for not knowing the answers to all of his questions, but rather was frustrated at the fact that they would have to continuing burning in his mind without answers. Why was it that coming up with questions seemed to be his main hobby? He was growing tired of the constant buzzing within his brain.

The fog he was in cleared when he heard Kaito talk about potentially going to see the world. His ears pricked and the glimmer of excitement once again lit his jade eyes. As he stared up at the other he nodded to his words and hardly let him finish speaking before jumping in. “You should! You should!” If he were an adult Naoki likely would have done the very same thing, but unfortunately he was still too young yet to go venturing out without a guardian. “Just imagine everything you’d learn!” His imagination began to take flight.

“You could lick a glacier from the Ice Tribe! Or see the sun glowing within one of the Light Tribe crystals! You could wander through darkness, and run through fire!” Like he did in the past he began to see grand adventures come together before his eyes. “You could climb up one of the floating mountains of the Wind Tribe and touch a cloud!” A small giggle bubbled up within his chest with each idea he tossed out. “Maybe you will even see a boulder come to life in the Earth Tribe lands!” His heart was beating rapidly in his breast as word after word flowed freely from his mouth. How exciting would it be to be able to do all of that?

His spirit was slightly dampened at the notion that it would not be him that would be partaking in all of these wondrous adventures and he quieted a little, but a grin still remained firmly placed on his features. “If you do go,” he paused to search the face of the other, “will you promise to tell me everything you saw when you come back? Please.” Kaito owed him nothing, but Naoki still hoped his answer would be yes.

Zakiax
heart

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:34 am
"Yes, I could learn a lot" he replied back just thinking about it made his paws itch. Perhaps this was his calling in the tribe, to go explore the rest of the tribes and bring back information of his accounts. It seemed to be the right conclusion, but was it really so? It was a start to why he was awakened here at least. Maybe taking this journey would show him even more of why he was here. Yes, he would go on this journey to find himself as well as the answers to Naoki's questions.

There was a bit of a pause as the cub's imagination went on a bit of a wild rampage of images. He sure was excited about all of this, as well as what could happen along the way. Kaito did not have much of an imagination, as unlike the Naoki he was not woken as a cub but as an adult. It seemed a bit of a pity that this was the case as it seemed he missed a little bit of something in his life. The cub's own excitement seemed to pass on to Kaito, as his own mind ran with the images the young one described.

"I think I will travel to the other tribes" he replied back finally deciding on it after the excited cub's attempt at explaining events that could happen. Golden orbs focused upon the cubs face. As for the wind tribe he did not know exactly how he was going to get there. After all he did not have wings. "I will tell you everything when I return, and if you are old enough perhaps we could take an adventure together. When I return" he suggested. Figuring the cub would like that overall, and would help with his disappointment from earlier. "I can then show you what I saw" There was a bit of a pause as several questions lined themselves with in the adults mind.

"The journey would be long, so I think coming back half way through the adventure would be wise. " he explained, mainly thinking out loud at this point of the conversation. "I'm sure I could find others to travel with me to the other tribes." Silence fell upon the older male as he continued to think about how this journey could go. Things could go badly but then again was was adventure with out a bit of danger?

But the real question now was how was he going to go about this? Gathering others to join him would be work. Where would he start to do so or how would he do so? Perhaps he should speak with the arch magi about this. He would sure to have some sort of knowledge about this kind of thing. Still would it be right to bother him with something that could be so trivial? He'd only seen Stillwater in passing and had never really spoke with the magus or even felt obligated to do so. But now it seemed like he would have to do so.

Now Kaito's own mind was a buzz with questions that he could not answer and he did not expect the cub to do so either. Naoki was young, but compared to Stillwater, Kaito found himself feeling just as young, perhaps even less. His knowledge of the world was so limited to that of a magus. He would need to do some research before making a large journey such as this one. If he was going to travel to all of the tribes he would need to formulate a plan to how he would be traveling and in the ways they would travel. By water would make the most sense, since he was a water tribe member and would be doing his recruiting here for the start of his journey. He figured most of his first companions in this would be of the water tribe as well.

Still he now found his purpose in life so that was quite the achievement. At least one thing was clearer now despite how many more questions that were being formulated within his mind. Kaito would have to work on this, but it was quite the start. His own questions would need to be answered, and he figured he might as well start there was well as getting the word out about recruiting others to his journey.

Regal Renegade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:11 am
Naoki bounced in place as the other deliberated upon the decision of whether or not he should travel through the lands. In the cub’s mind he had no real reason to say no, why would he? Surely nothing but good would come from such an amazing journey. He would see things that some B’alam only dreamed of, and come back with tales that would enthrall any and all listeners. He would meet new and strange creatures, and perhaps even come back a hero to some degree. Though Naoki was quite jealous of the opportunity presenting itself to Kaito, he couldn’t help but to be ecstatic about the overall idea. He cocked his head in anticipation as the male before him continued to think the matter over.

The anticipation welling up within his small chest nearly overcame him but Kaito finally reached a decision. The cub allowed for a squeal of delight to illustrate his excitement before settling down quite suddenly at the notion of someday being able to travel with Kaito. His jaw fell open and he stood for a moment as though in shock before shaking his head and regaining his composure. “Honestly? When I am an adult I can come with you?” The cub had never had a door like this opened for him, but now he hardly knew how to process it all. Now more than ever he wished he were an adult. He looked up at Kaito with eyes shimmering and nodded. “I will grow big and strong so I can come with you someday!” He responded excitedly.

He hardly heard the words of the other as he began to plan the logistics of the trip, after all to a cub that was adult stuff. All he could imagine were all of the sights he would see as an adult, and all of experiences he would have. How could he not be overcome with excitement? This was always what he had wanted for himself. To travel far and wide seeing unbelievable sights all the while living in a realm of fantasy. Now he would be able to tell others if the stories were true or not, perhaps he could even add his own voice to the generations that spoke of the far off lands.

He could bring his mother and father exotic gifts from far away, and brag to his siblings about what he had done and who he had met. Perhaps he would even make a lifelong friend with a member of another tribe! Maybe he would make many! The road he saw before him was so exciting that he was nearly out of breath. His attentions finally returned to Kaito and he batted at the other’s foreleg playfully. “Thank you.” He said with a large and cublike smile. “I can’t wait to hear all of your stories, and to eventually join you on your quest!” He giggled. For the first time he began to feel as though he might receive the answer to all of his questions. Maybe, just maybe he would finally get what he always wanted.

Zakiax
Job training sucked, but now I will have more time for rp! I am so sorry!

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:46 pm

A smile crossed Kaito's maw as he watched the little one bounce with excitement. It in itself seemed quiet enthralling and energizing in a sense. "Yes, Honestly." He confirmed Naoki's disbelief or what Kaito figured was the notion of disbelief.

"I would love to have you for an adventure." he responded. "When you are an adult we will have an adventure of a life time. Just you and me, I promise." Though promises would end up changing. On this journey things could change. He could find his other half on his travels, he could not even return. A frown began to cross his lips. Though Kaito shook his head of that thought. No, he couldn't think like that. He would just have to ensure that he would arrive back safely.

"Its nothing." he replied back to the playful cub. Boy was he sure cute. Perhaps he would have little balls of energy to call his own one day. One day, first he would have to find his other half and if they ended up wanting children they would have to pray to the weaver for cubs.

"I'll make it a two part trip, so that you may join me on the second half of it." He began to make some plans. "First I will go North, then when you are ready, we can go South together." Kaito gave a nod. Yes that sounded like a sound plan. "I'll try to find something to bring back to you from my first part. I'll make connections and then we can travel with ease."

Yes, this was his calling. He could feel it. Now he was beginning to believe that no connection was worthless. This cub showed him that, if he hadn't met Noaki at this very place and time he doubt he would be this clear of mind of what he wanted to do, or needed to do. Things were slowly falling into place for the male water member. But, this would just be the beginning. How did one start a journey after all?

Even more questions began to buzz in his mind, ones he could not answer by himself. He would have to confide in those who have left the water tribe to gain this insight.

Regal Renegade
No Worries! Also I think we can wrap this up soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:19 pm
Naoki’s heart felt as though it would soon burst forth from his chest with how rapidly it was beating. Every word from Kaito rooted itself deep within his soul and began to fill a void he hadn’t really taken notice to before. Certainly his mind had always been at work formulating courageous and arduous journeys, and he had always wanted to see what was out there but he never realized just how badly until this moment. He couldn’t wait to share this news with Stillwater, and maybe even his own parents depending on their mood. It was possible he would even keep this to himself and form it into his very own little secret, one that he could shout to the world once grown. Kaito had opened a new door for him and this made the bored little cub entirely ecstatic. Who would have thought so much could come from someone tripping in the mud?

Without much of a thought Naoki popped up and trotted over to his companion where he pressed his head against the other’s leg and nuzzled slightly. “Thank you.” He stated happily before bouncing backwards and swishing his tail. “I will come to this spot every day when I am grown and look for you Kaito!” He chirped. “Naoki the brave and Kaito the adventurer!” He giggled, delighted by his own cleverness.

Before he could become even more entrenched and ask a dozen more questions he heard the sound of his mother’s voice quietly calling to him. At first he wanted to ignore it and just spend some more time with Kaito, but he knew he mustn’t worry her like that. Still he hesitated to peel himself away from his new friend.

Zakiax

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

Zakiax
Crew

Vicious Firestarter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Kaito gave a small chuckle. "Well you do not need to do that little one. I'm sure that when I come back I can come and find you, I promise I will, no need to waste your days coming here when you can be doing something much more exciting. Right?" he inquired. Though before the cub could answer his question it seemed that the small one was about to leave due to his mother's call.

"I will see you later then Naoki, I'll send word for you when I return, and I'll bring something back for you as well!" he called out after the cub as he began to leave. Weather the cub would listen to his words he would not know not until he would return. Now he had quite a lot of preparing to do for this trip of his so he better get started on it.

Regal Renegade
And My finishing post!.

[ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces