Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:38 pm
Welcome to Soquili's Pony Hiring Event!

We're looking to hire some talented colorists to keep this shop alive and active. We need people to paint some ponies, from customs to breedings and pre-mades for events; from edited to unedited; from full size to familiar! The thing is, we can't do this without you.

Think you've got the chops to color, the drive to work regularly, and a desire to help out Soquili? Then this is the place for you!

We're going to try something a bit different by doing two separate hiring events. We'll start out first by hiring pony colorists, and then will open up a second thread to hire familiars. If you're interested in being a familiar colorist, please be patient; we'll have a separate thread just for you after this!

We're also using different hiring templates -- so please make sure you grab the ones linked in this thread!

Round One
Starts: Now! 09-12-15
Ends: 10-03-15 @ Noon Eastern!

Please Note: We were hoping that we might give some of the final-hires ponies and familiars away in a raffle of some sort [following some possible QC/tweaking]. With this in mind, please do NOT make customs or quest ponies. You can if you want and don't mind this possibility but please note that these might very well go to customer homes!

If you already have made a quest or custom pony, please mark it so we know.

User Image

JUST ONE MORE NOTE! Please do NOT use the templates for references in customs, for other shops, or for personal use. Once the hiring event is over, please refrain from using the templates for personal use, or for references in this shop (or other shops). Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:30 pm
Hiring Information

In this thread we're looking to hire the following:

Edited Soquili Colorists:
Individuals who are able to color full-sized pets, as well as edit them to our standards.

Unedited Soquili Colorists:
Individuals who are able to color full-sized pets, but will NOT be allowed to edit them unless given permission from Mindsend and Uta. This is a color-only position.

We do have a few rules and notes we'd like you to consider, just so you know what you're signing up for, and what we, on staff, expect.

1. Please be able to take constructive criticism. Until you're a Senior colorist, your work will have to go through group Quality Control. If you take customs, the customer might ask for tweaks, changes, or revisions to work you are proud of. We will never be cruel, but criticism is going to happen and if you can't handle the feedback, this shop will not be a good fit for you.

2. Please be active and available. It does us no good to hire someone full time, who can only handle part-time or occasional work. Please be honest with us if your schedules get too crazy and you need to change your availability. Also, please don't try out if you really don't think you're going to be around to color for us for more than a month or two. While we understand RL happens, and unexpected surprises can pull you away, to get hired, only to quit or simply go MIA (and still be active in other shops) is frustrating for staff and fellow customers alike.

3. Please remember, this is a customer service position. You will be dealing with customers, especially if you take customs, as well as dealing with your fellow staff members. A friendly personality, and being an ambassador to the shop are traits we're looking for. Check your drama at the door and remember to be civil, regardless how you feel about people. We get that some people just don't click, or get along, and maybe you don't like fellow staff members. All that said, we are all volunteering our time here and you will be expected to deal with people you don't like civilly. We're a team, so please, keep the drama private.

Availability

We're looking to hire for any of the following availability:

Full-Time: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings once every two months

Semi-Quarterly: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings once every four months

Bi-Annually: 3 customs/freebies (depending on rotation) =OR= 2 breedings once every six months

You can always do more than your hired availability, but please note that you need to let Mindsend and Uta know if that availability lessens. If you can't get us your quota, you might risk being let go. You can always do more than the above per quota, but you should not do less.

Quote:

We will only be hiring the following levels to start:

Rookie This is where all of our colorists start. They are allowed to create pets for freebies, flaffles, and mockbreedings. After you complete a successful Wishing Star Event, with Mindsend and Uta's approval, you can then begin to take on customer Breedings and Customs.

Promotions up the rank will happen as you continue to stay active in the shop and produce quality work.

Perks and Payment
So the big question is, what do you get out of this? Not only do you get to join and be part of a pretty awesome staff, but your efforts help keep the B/C community (and this shop in particular) thriving! Additionally, working with all this talent should allow your own color and edit techniques room to grow!

When it comes to payment, you get to keep 100% of breeding and custom pay. You also get to keep 100% of credit paid bribes. You get to keep 90% of personal auctions, personal paid raffles, personal breeding bribes, and 90% of most other 'big payout' events. The reason we take a cut is so we have gold to be able to pay and reward our non-colorist staff.

Additional perks include gaining monthly credits, which you can cash in for pets for yourself or others.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:51 pm
Rules for Entry

1. Please read this entire front page before you enter!
2. If you have questions or concerns, please PM them to Mindsend or Uta.
3. Please only use your own art in all categories! If we catch you using art you did not color or work on, or stealing others art, you will be punished severely. We have a 0-tolerance for art thieves. Besides, we want to see what you can do, not what someone else can.
4. If you do edits, please remember your style is going to have to match our templates. This is not to say you cannot have your individual touch, as every colorist does, but understand, you might be asked to change a style to be more fitting for the lines we have.
5. Please fill out the form in its entirety.
6. If we have a hard cut-off date or deadline, please follow it. You might be DQ'd if you miss it, even by just a few minutes.
7. We will perform background checks on potential hires and cross-check references.
8. You do NOT have to have worked in a B/C shop before, or a previous colorist, to enter.
9. We understand sometimes people don't get along, and mistakes have been made in the past. We will not hold past mistakes against you, but do understand, if you have a drama-filled background, or we get many complaints from previous employers, this might dampen your chances of being hired.
10. We at Soquili do not need to explain why we choose the hires we do, or justify why we did not hire someone. We do not have to give details on why one was not picked. Please note, that even if you are not hired now, this does not mean you shouldn't try again during future hire events.
11. We will have various rounds, and people will advance accordingly. This process will take a few weeks. Please understand there will be deadlines, and people who miss them, will be DQ'd.
12. Please be aware you're going to need Photoshop, or some sort of photoediting program to color for soquili. If your program doesn't handle the lines, file type, or open up folders and layers, this might not be the best choice. You'll also want AIM so we can get a hold of you outside of Gaia/PM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:04 pm
The Rounds

Round One
Starts: Now! 09-12-15
Ends: 10-03-15 at Noon Eastern!

If you are interested in trying out to become a Soquili colorist, please fill out the following to the best of your ability! Please use the proper heading and post at least three samples!

The Sample Template can be found here:

This time we're using the soquili templates! Please note that if opening folders is going to be a challenge, we're sorry, but we don't have any non-foldered templates. All soquili templates have folders, so if you can't open them, then this job probably isn't for you.

Edited colorists, please edit as you wish -- the items are optional.
Unedited colorists, feel free to use the stock edits and items as you wish.

Please use the following code to enter for Round One:

[center][size=24][color=dodgerblue][b]Getty'up Pony![/b][/color][/size]
[/center]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Availability?[/b] Full-Time, Semi-Quarterly, Bi-Annually
[b]What Position?[/b] Color Only, Edit Work Only, or Either
[b]Do you have Instant Messenger?[/b] Y/N
[b]Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist?[/b] Y/N
[b]Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones?[/b]
[b]Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior?[/b] If you have never worked in a B/C shop, or your old employers have long since quit, can you please list names of people we can contact to query your background on Gaia?
[b]Why do you want to join Soquili?[/b]
[b]Please post at least three samples using the template provided![/b] (if you are colorist only, edits are not necessary; if you are trying for an edit gig, edit them to your hearts content.)
[b]Other miscellaneous art you've created:[/b] (This can be personal works, or past pets created/colored, etc. etc. This is optional!)
[b]Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position?[/b] (Primary means you don't want your current hired position and want to make this your main one, secondary means you want to keep your current role, but do this position when you can?)

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:07 pm
Round 2

[Edited]
Evil Pirate Duck
Vistada
Yumitoko II
Baddotcom
musicaloner7
Tudora

[Unedited]
Kara Asumi
Miss Cherie
[Eskimo]
RockerWolfie1616
quiet autumn
Mameha Otome
Novablu
Roman Foi
Amirynth
-Diamond-Elephant-
GrnGriff
Edit: honeyed cuppycake

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:53 pm
Open! Good luck Round One pony entrants. We'll decide who moves to Round Two on (or after) the 10-03-15 deadline!  

Uta

Shy Mage

evil pirate duck

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:51 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name: evil pirate duck
Availability? If possible, I'd love to start out semi-quarterly and move up to full time as I get comfortable with producing quality work in a manageable time period.
What Position? Edited preferred, but either. c:
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes; Aim & Skype
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? Yes
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? The Sight & Schaferhunde von Schutzhund
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Sesshy552* has been an extremely close friend of mine since high school, I worked with/for Ryuukishin* in The Sight, and Kuro Kitters was the owner of SvonS, and is now a very close friend of mine as well. Kuro is no longer active on gaia, but feel free to pm me for her tumblr account if you wish to contact her. Uta* is another person whom I feel would be able to vouch for my work and ethic.
Why do you want to join Soquili? Well if the skype call was any indication tonight, you are a wonderful group of talented artists who are also absolutely hilarious. I'd love to work with everyone, and it's sort of been a dream for Sesshy and I to work together here. And I liek 2 culur plz. :B
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! User Image User Image User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLava Suti (Personal Custom)xxxxxxxEdited Wind (wingless)xxxxxxxxxxNorthern Warrior
Other miscellaneous art you've created:
User Image User Image User Image

Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? No, I just live in Ryuu's hair. You've never known. -hiss-

*It should be noted that all references have given their vouch willingly, as I've asked, but these three in particular, it felt important for me to ensure they were comfortable with it, as they work for this shop, currently.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:27 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Kara Asumie
Availability? Full-Time or whatever
What Position? Color Only
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y | I have Yahoo IM and Skype [[ Note I have tried to put AIM on my computer. They don't play nice together for some odd reason ]]
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? Y
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Yes | Centzon Totochtin, and Nature's Wonders. <>
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Atheart - First ever Employer
Kirowyn Love - Second Employer <>
Natelie
Niyaru Delacroix
Revel1984
Tefla
Why do you want to join Soquili? Because the thread goers are AWESOME and the staff are AMAZING. It is a wonderful place to hang out at. Also I believe I can learn from the other staffers.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided!
User Image User Image User ImageUser Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image
None are quests or Custom ideas. Just my random doodles.

Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? No I am not.  

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:12 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: LOLTERNATIVE
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Going for edited but willing to go unedited if edits aren't up to standard c:
Do you have Instant Messenger? yep! (AIM & Skype)
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? Yep!
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Many moons ago - a lot of them are no longer in existence and were like.. a very long time ago...
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Theidren, Lunadriel, Mindsend, Malhith
Why do you want to join Soquili? I've been a part of the community for quite a while now and I'd love to join and help it expand and see it grow from the inside.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! [taking out WIPs for now]
Other miscellaneous art you've created: N/A  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:57 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name: xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Availability? semi-quarterly for now, and then hopefully full-time.
What Position? either
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? Y
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Herds of Azreth [hiatus] part-time familiar colorist | Breaking Free owner
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? King Azreth , LunarMirage , Cheyriddle4 , -MoomoolatteCha- , MayaMage2
Why do you want to join Soquili? I have been fascinated since joining Gaia in 2009 (I don't think I actually became an owner until 2012?). The shop and staff are ll such creative beings and it'll be a great experience to be a part of the behind the scenes magic. Although I am still learning to improve on my skills, Soquili would be a great mentoring experience for me.<3
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! green lady [EDIT] tiki beach boy enchanted forest [no wing] enchanted forest [wing] terra cotta warrior blue maiden wip [EDIT] sir hoppers [EDIT]
Other miscellaneous art you've created: hot cocoa ice queen fallen petals deviantart
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? no  

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

-MoomoolatteCha-

Crew

Tiny Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:56 am
Getty'up Pony!

Name: -Moomoolattecha-
Availability? Full-Time or Semi-Quarterly?
What Position? Either
Do you have Instant Messenger? Yes
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? Yes
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Herds of Azreth mostly, the rest have died off.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Sesshy552,King Azreth,LunarMirage
Why do you want to join Soquili? I want to be able to make ponies that make people happy. c: The joy of giving.

Other miscellaneous art you've created: Will put more later~
User Image

Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? No  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:07 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Miss Cherie
Availability? Semi-Quarterly
What Position? Color Only
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? ... Yes. XD
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Faekats... mostly Faekats.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Uta, Meeki, spelldancer
Why do you want to join Soquili? I really like working at Soquili. I enjoy making things for customers and working on the shop lines. I would love to be able to contribute more breedings and customs to the pot.
User ImageUser Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Primary  

Cheri

Interstellar Pirate

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:46 pm
Just added a quick note!

Please Note: We were hoping that we might give some of the final-hires ponies and familiars away in a raffle of some sort [following some possible QC/tweaking]. With this in mind, please do NOT make customs or quest ponies. You can if you want and don't mind the possibility of the pony going to a forever home with someone else, but please note that these ponies might very well go to customer homes!

If you already have made a quest or custom pony, please mark it so we know.

evil pirate duck

Kara Asumie

LOLTERNATIVE

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

-MoomoolatteCha-

Miss Cherie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:08 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: Vistada
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Either: Edit Preferred.
Do you have Instant Messenger? Y - AIM and Skype though I prefer AIM c:.
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? Y - Though more veered towards ponies.
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? Forest Hymn (Owner), Kells, Rammalin, Before the Thaw, Children of Nezumi, Sideris, Akoikanthis. I do not work for any of these right now aside from FH but it's on Hiatus.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? I don't really hear back from my old owners so here: Revel1984 - a family friend I guess you could say, I have actually worked for her briefly, Novablu - Knows enough about my art brain I suppose smile . Nerpin - I've known her 24.5 years. I am sure she's your best bet.
Why do you want to join Soquili? My sister became a colourist a long time ago in Soquili, I have over the many years gotten to know the staff who have come and gone and stayed and I have a lot of respect for this shop and its workers. I have been wanting to colour here for a very long time just, I have always felt intimidated. I have tried out once and now that I look back at these designs I can see where I was lacking. Now I'm not so intimidated, and have come to wish to colour along side the colourists I've marveled. You all inspire me and I miss being a colourist..
I also enjoy how artistically-forward this shop is. As a fourth year Fine Arts Major in University I have to say that watching streams and hearing how the innerworkings happen in Soquili has made me excited to even try out here. I love learning what other people think about my works. Construction Criticism is very welcome! And I also work well with a retail-worker's mind since I work at a retail thrift store.
Please post at least three samples using the template provided! [User Image] [ User Image MARKINGS] [User Image MARKINGS]
Rammalin sad I know that this style is different but it's my most recent in colouring..) 1 2 3
Deviantart Art Samples: 1 2 3
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? I am not a staffer.  

Saint Vis
Crew

Timid Prophet

[Eskimo]
Crew

Anxious Cat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 pm
Getty'up Pony!

Name: [Eskimo]
Availability? Full-Time
What Position? Color Only (Although I'd looove to learn more about editing.)
Are you open to being hired as a familiar colorist? N
Have you worked in other shops on Gaia or the B/C? If so, which ones? I was full-time at Shadows of Africa for over 2 years ending in 2012, then later at Rammalin for some months. I've also done guest color work for several shops over the years.
Can you list three references to either past Gaian employers, or people who will vouch for your behavior? Uta, Nerpin, xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Why do you want to join Soquili? The b/c has been a part of my life since late 2007, but I'm a sad hobo in the b/c until I find a home. I used to have a home, lost it, tried to find another, but nothing really fit until I decided to pitch a tent in Soquili. I guess about a year later it's not so much a little tent anymore, and I got no plans to leave anytime soon. (I literally love everyone here, you all reading this are fantastic. T __T <33)
There aren't many things in my life that I find more fun than or as relaxing as coloring, and (maybe TMI ok) sometimes it literally gives me butterflies, especially when I get to work on something that's going to belong to someone else. I've been practicing coloring since I got my first tablet in 2006 and it's not something I get tired of, and I'm always aiming for improvement. It's one of my core hobbies, and I genuinely love the craft. So hopefully it doesn't sound too sappy, but I'd love to work here so I can have the opportunity to share that as much as I can, spread the love around, and make people happy.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Other miscellaneous art you've created: SoA Customs PB - SoA Event PB - Coloring Tumblr (Everything on the first page is very recent. All the Rammalin and GHS stuff is official, everything else is just for fun.)
Last but not least, are you a current staff member? If so, is this position for a primary or secondary position? Nope.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff