Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters
{PRP} One Drop Raises the Sea {Stillwater & Naoki}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:11 am
User Image

A sigh with so much force that it erupted from the small cub’s body as a groan loud enough to wake the dead broke the otherwise peaceful tone of the day. Naoki lay stretched out pathetically beneath the shade of a tree he knew all too well, the tree that his parents had instructed him never to wander too far from. He often times wondered how he had not suddenly sprouted roots of his own and become part of the wooden figure that had become his inanimate cub sitter. One could scarcely guess that he was a member of the Water Tribe due to the amount of time he spent scowling at the foliage. With yet another dramatic sigh he arched his back and extended his claws until they dug firmly into the bark laden trunk of the tree.

His frustration did not allow him to dwell upon the fact that his parents were only attempting to protect him since he was far too young to be exploring without supervision, much less feel gratitude for their love and care. Instead he had settled upon an even mixture of brooding, pouting and copping an attitude whenever the need arose. His siblings seemed content with the way things were for the most part, creating their own little games and keeping themselves occupied despite their restrictions, but Naoki could not settle no matter how hard he tried.

Time and time again he attempted to join in the toils of his siblings, but there was always something in the far reaches of his mind that urged him to move. He had learned what the orbs on his body were for, but he was still uncertain of their purpose or meaning. He was a member of the Water Tribe, but did that mean hiding out beneath this tree all day wishing for something more? What was his purpose? His thoughts flashed back to a week ago when he asked his mother what he was supposed to do. Her response was simple as she told him to do whatever he wanted to do, a response that did not answer the question he was truly asking.

Though petulant and a troublemaker, Naoki had decided he wanted to be remembered for something great. He had heard tales of The Chroniclers and how they recorded important events in history, and he had quickly decided he wished to be a part of history too. An impish grin revealed two small canines as visions of slaying monstrous sea serpents, saving damsels and having songs written about him danced merrily in his head.

His jade eyes soon turned to the tree trunk he had been absentmindedly kneading with his claws throughout his thoughts, and he pulled his paws away. He certainly wouldn’t be remembered as the most powerful member of the Water Tribe by ripping up tree trunks. Bouncing swiftly to his feet he searched around for his parents, but upon seeing no watchful eyes he took the first opportunity to slip away undetected.

It was time to find a monster or two to slay.

Thalion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:21 am
User Image

With the initiation complete and the Chroniclers settled into their new private quarters below, it was well beyond time to get some fresh air and stretch his limbs. The Mirror Palace had been designed with comfort in mind for himself and the soon-to-be officials that would come to assist in growing the capital, but it was stifling at times. The underground hall of the Chroniclers was dark, quiet, and almost unworldly. It was refreshing to return to fresh air, the smell of the lake, and a cool breeze.

Several newly woven had appeared within the borders of the tribe and they would likely need to be seen to. Waking was often confusing and terrifying. Those he had managed to seek out had settled, comforted in having some foundation under their paws. Of course there had been several little idols carved as well, most of which had already received the blessing of the Weaver; the blessing of life.

Stillwater winced. He hadn't approached the happy parents with his own blessing yet. There always seemed to be one more thing to attend to.

A small bundle of movement ahead, just near one of the trees facing the lake, quietly startled him. His ears perked and he tensed. The movement belonged to one of the newborns. Weaver help him remember the name of the family... the markings were familiar. It would come to him sooner or later. He'd not formally spoken to either parent, but they hadn't gone unnoticed. The cub, it seemed, was hoping that he would. He was moving with a mischievous grin, his eyes sparkling with playful energy.

It took but a few strides for the magus to meet the cub's pace and fall in beside him. He glanced to the side, casually, and smiled. "So what adventure have we found for ourselves today, little one?"

Regal Renegade

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:08 am
Fixated upon the matter at hand Naoki was left blinded to the approach of the large male until he had fallen into step alongside him. Had he been a predator the order of the day would have been rather bleak, but since he wasn’t Naoki trotted along nonchalantly. He did not stop his journey, but allowed for a peek through the corner of his eye at the other. “Shhhh!” He whispered. “You will scare away the beasts before I can get to them.” The cub stated matter-of-factly. It was only after he had spoken that he allowed himself a moment to truly look at the male who had suddenly joined him in his hunt. He was very large and imposing but with a gentle air that allowed the cub to feel comfortable speaking to him in a frank manner, it was only when his gaze lingered on the other’s face that realization snapped across his countenance. Coming to a halt he faced the other and grinned widely. “You’re a mongoose right?”

He had heard his mother talking about the wisest and most noble of the Water Tribe, a leader who commanded great respect and who cared for everyone in his charge. Quietriver? His brows furrowed as he dredged through his memories in an attempt to find the name that now eluded him. His mother had mentioned their leader many times but for some reason it wasn’t coming to him now. With his childish attention span he moved on quickly. “I’m Naoki, it means honest.” He beamed, ever proud of his name. “I’m looking for monsters to slay so that I can become a hero of the Water Tribe and bring honor to my family!”

He drew a circle in the dirt with his paw and his eyes fell to the drawing he was crafting. “But,” he sighed, “I don’t know if that’s what a Water Tribe B’alam is supposed to do.” He glanced at the orbs on his legs as they caught the sunlight and glowed a beautiful blue hue. His crestfallen moment passed as he looked up at the Magus with a renewed sense of conviction. “I want The Chroniclers to write about me! I want to be the best Water Tribe member ever!” Puffing out his chest he pranced proudly before the other in an attempt to demonstrate just how brave and strong he truly was.

Lowering himself to the ground and wagging his small rump in the air he feigned a hunting maneuver he had been shown by his parents and leapt forth toward the Magus. “I will hunt down a sea serpent and kill it to prove my strength!” He rearranged himself so that he was seated in a regal manner and again took to speaking, his motor mouth running away with itself once again. “The Chroniclers will definitely write about that right?!” He queried excitedly. “I mean, how many other B’alam have killed a sea serpent! I bet I will be the first one ever!”

Thalion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:32 pm
Stillwater lifted his gaze, a subtle gesture but for a moment he was tense. Beasts? He shifted his eyes from one side to the next, maintaining an air of calm while surveying the immediate area. Thankfully, the monsters lurking in the shadows were little more than the figment of a young cub's imagination. It was hard to relate to- he had never been a cub or an adult. He had been woven with his eyes open to the world and an understanding that was rooted deep. Imagination wasn't something he had quite been able to understand. Wimsey, mystery, and the realm of fantasy were things that were, sadly, beyond him. It was...endearing. The little ones had something that even the Magus lacked. It seemed the weaver had given gifts to both his awakened and those who were just discovering the world.

"A- mongoose?" He startled, unable to control his bewildered expression. Mongoose? Mon- Magus?

"I believe you mean "Magus"." He amended with a slight chuckle to his voice. "Honest? It suits you well. You certainly seem to have your heart on the tip of your tongue."

The cub's display and his bold declarations earned a tight smile and a slow shake of his head. He did have quite the head for imagination. Were there serpents in the sea? Were they hostile? Were they deserving of such hostility? They could not know.

"Well, my name is Stillwater, and perhaps we should work on learning how to live at the Mirror before we get so bold as to leave it in search of such adventures." He jerked his head back towards the tree. "What are you doing out here on your own?"

Regal Renegade

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

Regal Renegade

Eloquent Elocutionist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:45 pm
There was something about his companion that Naoki couldn’t quite put his paw on. He was serious like his father, but to a whole different degree. It was almost as though he had never hunted for sea serpents or monsters before. He wasn’t afraid, but he wasn’t into it as much as the cub was which was relatively puzzling. This Magus just wasn’t getting the game apparently; it was as though it went beyond him or something. Maybe he just hadn’t ever heard of sea serpents, yea that was it! Brushing it off with childish enthusiasm he put his nose to the ground as though he were tracking something.

Though he was preoccupied sniffing out mythical monsters that would elevate him to hero status he still heard Stillwater’s words. The correction did not go over his head but he lifted his head and bounced around to face the other. “Right Magus!” He cried triumphantly. He spent little to no thought on how he may have offended his elder or that he should maybe have apologize for pronouncing it wrong, but it wasn’t out of intentional impoliteness only out of his cubbish behavior. In his own way he had the utmost respect for Stillwater, he just had no clue how to harness his energy and pay due respect at this time in his life.

At Stillwater’s suggestion and question Naoki plopped down into a seated position and stared up at the regal male, his eyebrow quirked. “Learn how to live there?” His head cocked at the second question and he giggled. “I told you Stillwater, I am trying to prove myself to the Water Tribe by becoming a great hero!” He responded matter-of-factly. “I mean, slaying sea serpents helps the Tribe right?” He questioned, his ears perking forward as he awaited an answer.

Thalion

[ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff