Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Crystal Wood
[PRP] Sing me a song? (Harlequinn x Ecthelion)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Menacing Zebrula

Fashionable Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:22 pm
User Image

Sky...
He liked the sky.
Harlequinn lay on his front staring up into the bright expanse, his view marred only by the slight mottling of leaves as they danced giddily in the wind. Shuffling his position to better accommodate his bulk in the long grass he basked in the delicious feeling of the sunlight absorbing into his scales. It was a warming sensation, different from the cool blasts the breeze kept ruffling his fur with. He fidgeted again. Not one to sit still for too long, a nervous energy made his tail twitch behind him. He tried to ignore it- there was a beauty in the calm stillness he was indulging in- but one's own nature cannot be denied. Thoughts and words scrambled together in his mind, flashing past like an obscene parade. There was a song, wasn't there? Building up somewhere in his head. The tune was clear but the words escaped him like fog slipping through his paws. Experimentally he hummed the melody, hoping the lyrics would pop into his mind if he just jogged it a little.

Without warning his back leg jerked, pulling him briefly back to reality. He started to realise the dark scales on his back were becoming slightly too warm to be comfortable so he shot up and pranced in a circle- testing again the song that waited just underneath his tongue. It was there, he knew it. Like he knew the grass was green and that the darkness was inherently bad. He continued to caper in his mad circle, dizziness muddling his thoughts in a delicious wave that left him feeling giddy and high as the clouds.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:51 am
User Image Scales shifted slightly as the large male moved leisurely along. His pale eyes scanned as he walked and his ears twisted slightly as he listened to see if anyone else was nearby. To be quite frank, he didn't socialize a whole lot. Not that he didn't want to. It was just hard to find company sometimes. You'd think it would be something quite simple to do, but it really wasn't.

He paused mid-step as he caught the sound of someone humming. His head turned in the direction and he didn't see anyone, but they could be a ways off. It was breezy, and sounds tended to carry great distances. He started off in the direction of the sound.

It was a very pleasant sort of day, he was quite pleased about that. He enjoyed when the weather when it was calm, be it cloudy or sunny. As he approached he caught the sight of the brightly colored male with green scales and he cocked his head slightly as he watched him for a moment before clearing his throat. "That's an interesting tune. What is it?" He hoped he didn't mind that he had asked.

WC: 194

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

The Menacing Zebrula

Fashionable Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:11 am
Spinning, spinning and spinning, it was a while before Harlequinn realised he had an audience. Halting his circle and tune he wobbled to a standstill and gazed dizzly at the... three? males stood in front of him. How strange; they must be triplets, he thought as the world keeled around him. Whoever they were, they were grand looking beasts, scales as dark as his own but hued in the dark colour of deep ocean.

"Whuddzatt?" He attemped to speak, slurring out some gibberish as he tried to order his thoughts.

-ahem-
Let's try that again, shall we?

"What ho, friend! This song I sing is one that has haunted me from the day of my awakening, sitting always behind my words and thoughts... I can only decipher the melody but I do not know the lyrics. Perchance have you come across something similar before in your travels?" He asked eagerly. Harl had a sneaking suspicion that it was buried in his head because he'd heard it as his idol was being carved- or perhaps moments before his awakening and it had sunk into his subconscious ever since.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:40 am
Well, wasn't he the curious type of fellow. Pale eyes watched the male in his odd antics and stood where he was as the other composed himself in some form of manner.

He listened carefully as the male spoke and he gave a slight nod of his head. Ah, so that was the dilemma. He had often found himself thinking about life while he was being awakened, though nothing quite as unique as a song. "I fear that I cannot help you on your quest." He said with a slight frown, he would have liked to have been able to help the male, but alas that was not something that was in his power today.

"Beyond your predicament with your song, what brings you forth into the world today?" He himself had just decided to go for a nice stroll, though he was always curious as to what brought others out and about.

WC: 153  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

The Menacing Zebrula

Fashionable Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:25 pm
Harlequinn felt his features droop a little as he realised he had run into yet another soul who couldn't help him. His demeanor lifted a little as he thought about the adventures that awaited him still, as he were to pursue his quest.

"Hah! Ahhh..." He responded to the calm male with confusion. "I'm not entirely sure. I was doing something... something... When I caught the sight of this glorious spot and thought I might bask in the sun for a brief interlude!" He shuffled his paws, sheepishly before his stomach let out an impatient growl.

"Oh yes, hunting. I'm hungry. Only I've never been such a dab hand at it myself." Harl brightened as an idea came to him. "Perhaps you could help? I could recite you an old poem as payment, or perhaps do a dance for the Weaver in your honour?"

AstoriaFallen
No worries x3
Busy week at work- apologies for the delay!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:19 am
The Menacing Zebrula

He was amused with the other B'alams antiques and intrigued by his personality. He was definitely an interesting one, but he was sure he had been woven that way for a reason. As they were all woven for a reason, for a purpose. To what end? Who was to say though.

"Well, it was a good spot to choose." He said looking around the area that they were in presently.

The sound of the others stomach fell upon his ears and he listened as he offered to pay him in dance or spoken words. "I will gladly do it for nothing at all, but if you wish to do something in return I would not be opposed." He said with a smile.

Now the question at paw was, where to find some food.

WC: 133
Total thus far: 480  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

[ RP Zone ] The Crystal Wood

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items