Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] A Late Wedding Gift [Xiu/Shun]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:26 pm
As soon as the lunch rush slowed that day, Xiu whipped out her phone and gave Shun a call. She felt a little bad for asking him to visit when he had only been here a few days prior, but she wanted to get these to him earlier than later.

"Hi aniki! I know you're probably super busy, but I was wondering if you could drop by the cafe for a few minutes today? I wanted to talk about what happened the other day since we didn't get the chance to, and I have something to give you too."

Once the details were hashed out, Xiu went into the kitchen to make sure that everything she had prepped that morning was neatly packaged and ready to go. For the sake of avoiding a potential positive-to-negative mood whiplash, she figured that they'd discuss the reaper at the incident first before she actually presented the gifts.

Blade Kuroda
zoom zoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:56 pm
After receiving the call, Shun gathered up his things and headed into town. Eventually, he found his way into the little cafe. Once he arrived, he gave the baku a light nod as a greeting while he approached.

"Is there a particular question you had?"

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:13 pm
Xiu had emerged from the kitchen just in time for Shun's arrival. She offered him a friendly smile in greeting, and then immediately went to business.

"I was going to ask you the day it happened, but I was feeling a little too woozy afterwards. But that reaper that emerged from the shadows, was he...?" She trailed off and gazed at him questioningly, and then, "What are they doing there?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:41 pm
As expected, it seemed that Xiu did recognize the reaper after all.

"He is one of the Kuroda, yes. They are... in a way, attempting to be damage control. The school is neutral territory. The other gangs are rather focused on their goals. It would be within our best interests if neither get what they want. If they do, they may try to claim the school as their territory. At the same time, this can potentially serve to weaken two rivals," he explained with a shrug.

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:02 pm
"...I'm a little worried about what you mean by 'in a way', but I can understand the danger there. Neither of those groups seem like they were good news, and the thought of them trying to take over Amityville is just..."

Xiu trailed off, her fingers twitching. She continued after clearing her throat.

"So basically...don't worry too much about the Kuroda lurking around and just focus on the other two groups, yes?"

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:20 pm
"Pretty much. The Kuroda are not interested in the school itself. I can assure you that much. I will not be providing them any information that would endanger Amity."

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:47 pm
"Good to know," Xiu nodded, sighing in relief, "I think having to worry about two sides is more than enough. Anyways! The other reason why I called you today..."

With a chirped "one sec!" the ghoul disappeared into the kitchen. After a bit of shuffling, she returned a moment later with something in her hands--three somethings, in fact. Stopping before the reaper, she set them down on the table beside them.

"First...a wedding cake." She said, pointing at the box that had been done up with a fancy ribbon. After a moment, she smiled, "Or well...two mini cakes, since you guys didn't actually have a ceremony so that I couldn't make you guys a proper one. I figure you guys wouldn't want anything big, so they're simple but definitely fancy." Very fancy.

She slid a card off of the top of the box next and held it up. "Second, a card signed by Edel and myself." How had Edel found out? ...Well, you know. Indeed, amidst the card's default words of congratulations and Xiu's comment, there was a "My warmest congratulations to the couple" from the frost ghoul herself.

"And finally...well, you said knives. I know that Mitsu doesn't use weapons, but I thought it was only appropriate to get a pair and they're perfectly okay for just displaying too, so." Xiu held out the final object, a rectangular, flat box with small latches on the side. The box would reveal two pairs of daggers upon being opened--one pair black and imbedded with topazes, and the other pair white with rubies. They were both, however, very, very sharp. Xiu knew very little about weapons, but she obviously hadn't skimped on the seeds when getting these things custom made.

But still. Knives as wedding gifts. Knives. At least they were pretty.

Blade Kurodax
>__> YUP

Black and white

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:09 pm
Shun opened his mouth to object, but he just fell silent as she presented the gifts. While she did this, he simply stared at her. The wedding card signed by her and Edel seemed... strange to say in the least. Mitsu should enjoy the cakes, no doubt. So there was that. But then came the final thing, and quite frankly, the Reaper wasn't entirely certain how to feel about it.

He did tell her knives. It seems she had taken that to heart.

After he got over the initial confusion, he went and examined the pair of blades. He picked one up to get a better look. They were incredibly well crafted, to say in the least. Explaining this to Mitsu was going to be an interesting task.

"These were well made... where did you even?"

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:37 pm
Xiu laughed. "It was a long game of phoning people to figure out who was one of the best weaponsmiths in Halloween. I had to call my parents, get the number of their friend from them, call their friend, and just..." she trailed off with a little wave of her hand. It had just been a huge chain since no one in her direct family or circle of friends were really weapon experts.

But she had gotten them in the end. She had blanked out when she actually arrived at the smith's and was asked what she wanted (because hell if she knew knives), but they were here, they were beautiful, and that's all the mattered.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:09 pm
"You really did not have to go through such trouble..." Shun said quietly. With a sigh, he shook his head, "But thank you. I appreciate it, and I am certain Mitsu will as well."

Kaiyumi

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:55 pm
"Oh please, aniki, it wasn't trouble for you two," Xiu assured him with a laugh, giving an airy wave of her hand, "I've known you two since we were all in our first year. Something like this is the least that I could do."

"Thanks for taking the time to come by though! I know you've been busy, so." She offered him an apologetic smile, tail curling around her leg, "It's always nice to see you though. Deeefinitely bring Mitsu sometime!"

Blade Kuroda

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff