Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Crystal Wood
[PRP] Fancy Title Here (Ecthelion x Mizar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:35 am
User Image It was early evening, just before the sun set and he sat, patiently waiting for the final rays of the setting sun to illuminate the lands in which he called home. He wasn't much for romance, but he did appreciate the finer things in life, and watching the sun set was one of those things he enjoyed doing.

He rolled his shoulders and made himself comfortable as he listened to the sounds of the world around him. His ears flicked slightly and he turned his head as he thought he heard the sound of someone approaching. Maybe he was imaging things, but he kept a watchful eye in case he wasn't wrong.

WC: 112  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:39 pm
User Image
Mizar was not exactly the hardest one to detect. He wasn't difficult to sneak up on either. He often spoke to himself, his soft voice barely above a whisper but near constant. Perhaps he spent his breath on prayer, perhaps in outward musing, or perhaps he was woven half-mad. Some might say he was sagely while others, perhaps, would see him as eccentric. Either way, none could accuse him of being malicious or even dangerous. Mad or spiritual, he was fairly harmless.

The b'alam approached though there was no intention towards company. Unfortunately for the dark-scaled Ecthelion it didn't even seem as though Mizar even noticed that he was not alone in watching the sun set. This particular place was excellent for watching the golden eye of the weaver fall behind the horizonline. The colors were different now, but then were they ever consistent? The rays of morning brought more blues and soft purples. The rays of dusk brought reds and golds with touches of deep azure. A sunny day boasted bright golds, a faded blue, and touches of white while a cloudy day cloaked the spectrum in grays and soggy blues.

"-Excellent use of the golds this afternoon, m'lord. Excellent. How it highlights the edges of the leaves and the delicate veins within the bark of the trees. You've even decided to bless us with a rare ribbon of superviolet. So thin, easily missed, but the trees seem deeper this afternoon." He smiled, pausing to admire a particularly interesting knot in the tree he was just passing under.

"You've given this fellow quite the personality, haven't you? How he plays with the crimson is just cheeky- he's trying to show off that interesting spiraling pattern."

AstoriaFallen

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:26 am
He watched, curiously as the green hued male approached. He listened as he spoke to himself. He cocked his head slightly and realized he was talking about the colors of the horizon and the great maker of life. He made a mental note that the male paid him no mind and honestly didn't seem to even notice his presence.

He wondered then.. Should he even bother him? "A beautiful encore for the day we've had tonight, no?" He figured talking about something the male was already going on about was as good a way as any to start out a conversation.

He did not think differently of him for he spoke aloud to himself every now and again. It happened only if he was having a serious dilemma about something and was at war within himself about what to do normally. "I'm Ecthelion."

WC: 143  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:06 am
A voice? He wasn't alone then. The male snapped himself out of his musing and turned to address the source of the voice. A natural smile touched his maw and softened his eyes. Most would say it was rude to interrupt a prayer but the abbot rarely broke away from it. When he found a quiet moment to himself he would often converse with the Weaver, much the way he might an old friend. Some saw this as quite...odd. There would be whisperings of the abbot's instability but he paid them little mind. He could feel the presence of something far greater than himself around him. The tiny leaves and their intricate webbing of veins, the water, the beautiful structures of the crystal wood, and the unique shapes of every cloud as it passed by a sky that changed from a splash of blues to a starry marvel. It was rude not to speak to someone when they stood right beside you, especially when noticing their handiwork. It would be like looking over an artist's shoulder and not commenting on their work.

And it would be rude to ignore this new friend.

Curious! His pelt looked something like both the day and the night sky! A dark set of scales atop a creamy blue body. Whispy clouds passed over what looked like stones. It was an interesting combination.

Well done, my lord! I think of the sky and it's many changing faces and you bring company that looks like that very thing. And they say you have no sense of humor.

"Ecthelion?" Mizar tested the name. He tilted his head for one moment, considering. "Yes, that's a good name for you. Suits well." He turned back to his new companion and flicked his tail. "Pardon- my name is Mizar. I'm afraid you've caught me in my sunset conversation with The Weaver. Quite a marvel tonight, wouldn't you say? I cannot wait to see what the stars do. They seem rather consistent but at times one finds itself running through the darkness. It's quite rare but it's a powerful thing to see."

AstoriaFallen

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:35 pm
Ecthelion watched the male for some time. He seemed to be thinking quite a lot, which didn't bother him. Some liked to run things through their minds a couple of times before speaking. It could even be he was having an internal conversation with himself, which he happened to do from time to time. He actually admired the Tah before him, the way his pelt reminded him of the green earth and here he was colored like the sea and sky. Seemed a fitting match almost that the two would meet.

"Thank you." He said as the green one said he had a good name. Mizar, he said the name in his head making sure to say it right and he would apologize for intruding as he had. "You have a very strong name Mizar, it's a pleasure to meet you. I do apologize for interrupting your conversation with the weaver." He thought about his words for a moment as he gazed towards the sky and the on coming darkness with the stars popping in one by one. "I have to agree with you, it's a very wonderful and magical thing to see."

He gazed at the sky a moment more and returned his gaze to Mizar. "What brings you out here at this time of night, besides to watch the marvels the weaver has created for us?" He asked him curiously.

WC: 232
Total thus far: 487  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:59 pm
Mizar chuckled and waved a paw to dismiss the apology. Everything happened for a reason, the interruption had its place.

The B'alam glanced back to the sky and took a long breath. The air was growing colder, more crisp, and the twilight's chill was just beginning to seep in through the dusk. The first stars were just beginning to burn away the sunlight, peeking through the indigo and navy sky. The fire in the sky faded away, cooling and darkening. Even as the shadows spilled over the horizonline, sucking the color and dimension away from the landscape, the sky came alive. A depth beyond description opened up above. The great arms of a galaxy stretched out through a void painted with blues, violets, and whisps of pinks.

He smiled a little more, watching the sky as the silence drew out between them. Perhaps, in his own way, this was his answer.

"I call it meditation." He said quietly, his voice barely above a whisper, as if he was afraid of shattering the delicate quiet around them. "Sometimes...the biggest voices speak through silence."

AstoriaFallen

Thalion
Vice Captain

Conservative Seeker

[ RP Zone ] The Crystal Wood

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out