Reply Alternia RP
[PRP] Shiny Skirmish [Hazmas & Estali]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ancient_Guardian

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Hazmas whooped as wind tousled through his hair and pulled against the flapping ends of his over-large duster. He loved flying with Machim - especially with a hearty bag of trinkets beside him. Carefully pinning his legs against Machim's sides, the young troll reached into his bag to once again inspect his treasures. He'd found some pretty good ones, some of which he really had no idea what they were - only that they looked pretty cool!

'I can't wait to get home and take these apart!' he thought excitedly and gave a yelp when a sudden gust jolted him in his seat. Quickly, he grabbed onto his lusus only to watch with dismay as several of his treasures fell through the air below.

"Machim! The treasures!" he cried and pointed over her shoulder at the falling trinkets. With a chitter and a screech, the winged ape banked and dived, intent on catching the lost treasures. In moments the two were only meters above the area his findings had landed, but what they found was someone quite unexpected!

"Hey!" Hazmas called as Machim landed with a gust of sand. Hazmas coughed and wiped his face with the sleeve of his duster. When he finished, he couldn't help but beam at the troll he saw. It was the troll from the scavenger hunt booth! If anyone could help him find his lost treasures, she could. The green blood smiled and, against Machim's better judgement, hurried forward.

"Hey! Hey, have you got a sec?" he asked panting slightly and slowed to a halt.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:38 pm
It was turning out to be a pretty good night, as far as Etsali could tell. It was still as uncomfortably warm as the area around Chittentown ever was, but she was very gradually starting to get used to that, and though there was a bit of wind, she didn't think it was up to sandstorm levels. Hopefully, anyway. So all things considered, she figured she'd picked a good night for scoping out the city to see how many new hidey holes and potential targets she could find for future reference.

Scanning the desert landscape to see if anything out there might warrant investigation first of all, she never even saw the first interesting thing of the night until it quite literally crashed into her head. She yelped and fell back, swiping at the weight still at the top of her head and sending both it and her hat flying. Running a hand through her hair to rub at the now sore spot, she reached with the other to retrieve her hat and paused as its movement revealed a glint amongst the sand.

The thief's eyes lit up as she plopped the hat haphazardly back on and then lunged forward to scoop the object up. She didn't know what it was, but the metal gleamed in the moonlight and she loved it. She couldn't believe Ephias had never told her that it rained shiny things out here, she was going to- A screech cut through that thought process and she tensed, eyes narrowed as she turned to find the source. It was some sort of lusus, vaguely familiar for some reason she couldn't place, but then there was a troll sliding off its back and oh.

Thumbing open one of the pouches on her belt, Etsali slid the object she'd found in. Then she straightened up and offered one of her friendliest smiles to the troll she remembered now as one of her favorites from the scavenging booth. "Now there's a familiar face," she said brightly, and then made a show of thinking hard just for the fun of it, reaching up to rub her chin. "Let's see...Hazmas, wasn't it? I wasn't expecting to run into you again so soon! What brings you out this way?"

Ancient_Guardian

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Ancient_Guardian

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:08 am

"Yeah, that's me!" the lad replied, sticking his hands into the pockets of his over sized duster. Hazmas grinned with childish delight as the troll he considered a master scavenger hunter remembered his name. He'd met lost of other trolls and not many of them had bothered to give him a second glance - something about how yellow his blood was for a greenblood. Of course, that probably didn't matter to a troll the others said had a lower blood color than him.

"I live here!" he chirped and added, "well, over there, I mean."

He paused and pointed over towards great crag leading down to Chittentown. Not the most glamorous or comfortable place to live, but no body made much over you digging out your hive to make it a bit deeper. That was, until you dug into someone else's hive.

"I'm on my way home, or I was 'til I lost one of my treasures. Machim hit a gust of wind and it fell out of my bag." Hazmas paused fora moment, his cheeks warming slightly, obviously embarrassed at losing one of his findings. He wiped his nose on his sleeve to hide it and continued.

"So um, I was wondering if you could help me find it? It's not to big, but it's shiny and metal, so it should be easy to find. I think it used to be a trolls weapon before it got sent to a compactor or something. Can you help me?"

The little trolls eyes were as wide and pleading as any baby woof-beast, but not quite as slobbery. With any luck, he could get her to help him - though if she wanted something for helping him... he'd figure that out when he got there.

KitsuneAura

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:24 pm
"Ohh, that's no good," Etsali shook her head in sympathy for the loss of a treasure. Sometimes you just couldn't hang on to everything you found, she'd gotten her fill of that when she was a kid too. She nodded along to his explanation of what had happened, listened attentively to his description of the shiny metal thing, and then tilted her head at his request for help. Those wide and pleading eyes were pretty convincing, but then that was a tactic she'd put to good use herself more than once and she could have resisted if she'd wanted.

But this was a troll that seemed to pretty clearly look up to her, one that wanted to be a proper thief if his eagerness to scavenge and his bag of shinies was anything to go by, and that left her very much wanting to lend a hand. Which left her in a bit of a predicament, considering she'd already found what he was looking for and didn't particularly want to give it up. There was something very familiar about this, but she stored away the thought for later because right now she had a decision to make.

"Well, it seems to me, the first thing we need to do is...!" The orangeblood sorted through the options, and then flashed another grin. "We ought to check your bag to make sure how many things fell. If it's just the one thing, that's not so bad, but if there's more, we've got some work to do, right?"

Ancient_Guardian
Sorry for the delay!

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Ancient_Guardian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:54 pm

"How many..?" the young troll repeated slowly, and stopped as a memory came to mind. In his excitement of meeting Etsali again, Hazmas had almost forgotten about the other items that had fallen from his pack! Quickly, the green blood started rifling through his pack before dumping it all out on the sand.

Bones, gears, wire, some broken jewelry, and other shiny, possibly useful things tumbled out of the bag. They were only still for an instant before Hazmas was sorting them out by composition, type, size and use. Taking a step back the young troll gazed at the organized mess and began running his hands through his hair. There was more than just the might've-been-a-weapon missing!

Taking a deep breath, Hazmas counted the missing objects. "Eight," he said, folding his arms. "Eight pieces are missing, including the might've-been-a-weapon-thing." The tiny green blood looked up at his older acquaintance, his young brow creased with worry. In spite of his tender age, the young troll knew no one did anything without a price and with eight items, it didn't look good.

'But... she already said she'd help me. Maybe she'll help even with that many missing?'

He turned to his lusus and voiced his worry with a series of grunting hoots.

"Ask, if you're so worried," Machim replied casually with her own round of guttural chatter.

Hazmas nodded and turned back to Etsali. "Y-you're still gonna help me find them, right? Even though it's a lot?" The kid stared and waited with apprehension, seriously hoping that she would say "yes".

KitsuneAura
No worries! Is totally fine~ ;3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 pm
Etsali's fingers twitched against her side. Hazmas really was a trusting little thing, wasn't he? Generally she tried not to think about the shiny things people she liked might have, because it seemed better not to steal from them when there were so many more people she didn't care about that she could take from just as easily. Splitting hauls with Zindel had been its own kind of tricky, but she'd reassured herself that his plan to pawn his share off meant she could steal them back once they weren't his anymore. This, though, how was she supposed to reconcile this when there was so much shine spread out right in front of her?

She crouched to get a closer look at all of it, mind racing, and then glanced back up at Hazmas. "Of course I'm gonna help you. A great scavenger doesn't leave any treasure behind if they can help it." Her smile stretched into a grin as an idea struck. "But hey, let's make it interesting, test those skills of yours. There are eight pieces, right?" She straightened, glancing around their surroundings. "So let's me and you make a race of it. Whoever finds the most of those eight pieces wins."

She put a hand on her hip and couldn't manage to feel guilty for the head start she had hidden near it. "And if I win, you share a few pieces with me. How about it?" He had some things she didn't necessarily want, some bits of bone and metal that didn't catch the light well enough to trigger her need. If she could pull this off, and she was sure she could, it was really the best option.

Ancient_Guardian

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Ancient_Guardian rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Ancient_Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:16 pm
Gathering his things back into his bag, Hazmas grinned when he heard Etsali would help him, though the thought of forking over any of his hard-gathered treasures made the corners of his mouth drop a bit. He knew no one did anything for free, but these were his materials they were talking about! Then again, sharing just a few treasures was better than losing the majority of his haul, wasn't it?

The youngster pursed his lips and looked over at his lusus. If it was going to be a race, he'd probably lose since Etsali was an older and more experienced. Then again, she never said anything about letting his lusus help. And who knew? Maybe it would be fun! In any case, he couldn't carry his pack and look for his lost treasures at the same time.

"Okay," he said, motioning for his lusus to come over, "whoever gets the most pieces wins. If I win I'll let you have one treasure for helping me. If you win, you get to pick two, okay? Ready? Go!"

He darted towards Machim, handing her his satchel before she took off to be his eye in the sky. Flashing Etsali a grin, Hazmas took off after flying ape on foot, looking every which way for his little treasures. With his lusus keeping an eye out for treasures, there was no doubt he'd win!

KitsuneAura

KitsuneAura rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:38 pm
"Only two pieces, huh?" Etsali raised an eyebrow at the grin Hazmas shot her, and then couldn't help but laugh as he darted off towards his lusus before she could even begin to renegotiate the terms. Well, that would just have to be something she figured out later, for now it seemed her competition was taking his every advantage. Quick thinker, realizing she'd never forbidden the use of his guardian in the search. If he thought that was going to make it an easy win, though, he had another thing coming, didn't he?

Grinning, she turned to cast a quick glance across the sands, mentally tallying up what information she had. When he'd landed in front of her, it looked like they'd been coming from that direction, so even if she couldn't see any tell-tale flash of treasure from here, she thought she knew exactly where to start looking. She didn't doubt that they did too, considering they knew about when they'd dropped everything, but treasures had a funny way of getting where you didn't quite expect them to.

Cutting out on a course that veered a little more to the left of Hazmas', the thief kept her eyes open and attentive. "Just don't take it too hard when I beat you though, alright?" But a little taunting to keep him distracted couldn't hurt anything, could it?

Ancient_Guardian
Dang, didn't find one. Ets's count is still 1 out of 8!

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Ancient_Guardian rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Ancient_Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:49 pm
For all his excitement, Hazmas forgot one thing about the desert: Sand was slippery.

With a small yelp, the enthusiastic greenblood soon found himself head over heels with a face full of sand. He spat and sneezed, his eyes watering as he rubbed dirt off of face with his sleeve. His sniff node stung from the face plant, but he couldn't going to let that stop him. He was on a treasure hunt with Etsali and he was determined to show her how good a treasure hunter he was!

So, with a final sneeze, Hazmas got to his feet and looked around. His fall had knocked him a bit off course and there weren't any treasures to be seen.

'Ohh, I'm gonna lose if I don't hurry!' he thought and dashed off a little more carefully.

KitsuneAura
No treasures for Hazmas! XP

KitsuneAura rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:32 pm
"Hey hey, be more careful over there!" Etsali had just told him not to be too hard on himself when he lost, but she figured that would be a tall order if he ended up losing because he was too busy falling on his face. Good thieves and treasure hunters had reputations to uphold! "I can't come help if we're competing you know!" She adjusted her course to take her closer to his anyway though, as if threatening that she really would come help and then the whole competition would be a bust. Or maybe it was just so it'd be easier to grab things before he got to them. Either way!

Ancient_Guardian
I feel like we made this harder on ourselves than we should have, haha. Hit me up in pm or on discord if you wanna just figure out something else!

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

Ancient_Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:43 pm

----

KitsuneAura
I think 1 more try for haz after this and then we can do the angry sandbeast or w/e. :3

edit: ignore this post

Ancient_Guardian rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:46 pm

----

KitsuneAura
OKAY, TRYING THAT AGAIN. @X@;;;

Ancient_Guardian

Alternia RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items