Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ☼ Lune Beach
The Reef Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DrinkingInDaylight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:56 am
TheSaltyPrince
•°o.O O.o°••°o.O O.o°•

Adriel Brooks

•°o.O O.o°••°o.O O.o°•

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

•°o.OProfileO.o°•

Adriel laid sprawled on his back across the line between the ocean and the shore, his lower half concealed by the small but unending barrage of waves.His mesh bag laid in the sand next to him which is all he had on his person besides the baggy T shirt soaked in salt water that clung to him.The sand and shallow water basking under the sun's rays kept Adriel cozy and warm as he dozed on and off staring vacantly into the clear blue sky. His tentacles wrapped and clung to pieces of colorful coral preventing the waves from taking him anywhere despite any tides changes that may occur, which had happened to him a few times growing up. Adriel hummed a catchy little tune to himself trying to keep himself from falling asleep out in the open again.

Having just recently moved into the city, having a stable and literally unmoving home was very strange for him. Adriel liked to come to the reef since it reminded him of all the time he spent out on the open ocean growing up. He hadn't made any friends yet, then again he hadn't really tried to either. Staring at the occasional blob shaped cloud that passed over him Adriel vaguely wondered what flying would be like...and what he would even do with the rest of his day. Sitting at home had already grown boring yet here he found himself doing basically the same thing just outside instead of in bed staring out the window.
Quote:
oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:48 pm
User Image

Desi huffed and puffed as he paddled his kayak. It was obvious from his form that he had never paddled one before, but he had seen them in front of a shop with a sign that said 'for rent' and well.. he tended to be an impulsive person. As the shop keep gave him a few tips, the man mentioned that there was a reef nearby and Desi wanted to see it. He also had an eye mask and a snorkel with him so he could do some swimming as well. He'd never seen a coral reef before, but he was sure that it was beautiful! Almost everything in this city was beautiful. Smiling happily as he clumsily paddled, Desi slowed his paddling as he got closer to the reef. Ash he neared the small sandbar that he wanted to dock his kayak at, the male cocked his head to the side a little bit. Wait? Was that a person? What was a person doing out here? Desi didn't see any other kayaks or a surfboard. Maybe he swam out here? He wasn't too far from the shore, so it was completely possible.

The male seemed to be staring up at the sky. "Hello!" Desi called out, as to not startle the other. Squirming a bit, the fell out of his kayak and onto the sound with a small huff. Shaking his head a little, he pulled it half onto the sand before sitting there and looking over at the other male, not having yet noticed the tentacled half. "Lovely day to be at the reef huh?" He asked curiously. "I'm Desi by the way!"

──────────────────────────────────
Profile: Here | Status: Single | Outfit: To the Beach | OOC: -
TheSaltyPrince

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

DrinkingInDaylight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:12 pm
•°o.O O.o°••°o.O O.o°•

Adriel Brooks

•°o.O O.o°••°o.O O.o°•

•°o.OProfileO.o°•

Adriel perked up hearing someone call out and pushed up supporting himself by leaning back on his arms. He flinched and grimaced watching the man fall right out of the kayak and onto the sand. As the man approached Adriel chuckled "Uh...hey there! You alright there Desi? Yeah it is pretty nice out." He casually stuck out his hand for a handshake and noticing the snorkeling gear he asked "Come out here for an adventure i take it?"
His first Impression of Desi was that he was pretty cute and clumsy, for pretty obvious reasons. Looking at his face Adriel's face turned to a curious expression. "Oh wow! Your eyes are really cool! I don't think I've met someone with two different eye colors before." He leaned in a bit closer, his tentacles shifting under the water as he moved.
Quote:
oOo Tragic Melody OoO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:26 pm
x
x
x
x
тυєsםαч, иσvємвєя ②⑦тн

םαч ⑨ σғ ⑭ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ④①⑤
( ① чєαя, ① мσитн, ⑲ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Rarian

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:53 am
ll Neo ll

User Image
-----------------------------------------
Leon Anthony Williams
--------------------------

" Do not touch that." It was a stern warning, gentle yet serious as Leo stretched his hand out to block the curious reach of a human child as the girl grasped at the reef innocently. Of course, underwater as they were, the human cub couldn't understand his words clearly as most humans didn't have the same senses as sea dwellers did... and apparently shocked at his sudden appearance ( not to mention his physical form ) the little girl squeaked into her oxygen mask with excitement at the new distraction. Huge goggled eyes turned his way as the youth swiveled towards him and gestured wildly as if somehow thinking the exertions would make sense, unaware of just how much closer to danger she was sinking as the girl focused on the Merwyn himself instead of her surroundings as he'd tried to warn her about. The Urchin he'd tried to keep her away from, latched on the Reef just below them and already bristling as it sensed the incoming threat, didn't hesitate to take advantage of the close proximity to sting the back of his scaled hand as he reached to shield the child; Leo hissing as he grasped the kid by her wrist with his unharmed hand and pulled her to him firmly. It wasn't the Urchin's fault, nor the child's for that matter.. But it was lucky he'd caught sight of the pair before they'd found each other. While not a toxic specimen the sea-creature could have caused some serious problems for this kid and, likewise, a stray grab or kick for the youth could have harmed the little beast badly.

Feeling the child's body start to shake in his arm Leo realized her awe at meeting a Merman was swiftly shifting into fear at being grabbed so suddenly and as carefully as he could he eased his grip; The male gently rolling them until she could see him clearly as he held up his hurt hand to her view. Spines were a small price for him to pay and thankfully the child seemed to understand he'd protected her from the sting, Leo wincing inwardly as her bubbly enthusiasm returned with a vengeance and she started awkwardly paddling her way out of his grasp to investigate his tail with curious pokes and grabs. How on earth did humans swim like that..? She almost seemed like a freshly hatched Minnow feeling out her flipper for the first time. Keeping his fins still, so as to not knock the child off balance, Leo let her have her fun as he lifted his hurt limb to his mouth and bit into the spine embedded in his skin. One swift jerk of his head tore it free, the man spitting the object out to the side before licking his wound to ease the traces of blood that hit the water. Best not to summon predators, after all.. The bright pink of the girl's flippers waved past his face and Leo shook his head at the sudden glare of color, his finned ears flicking up as the vibrations of a boat above them carried down the muddled voices of what could only be the girl's family. Sure enough after a while a larger body splashed under the waves and the adult human that emerged from the froth of bubbles took a moment to look around; The man clearly taken aback at the sight of his daughter hugging a Merwyn's tail as Leo lazily swayed side to side to keep her amused and focused on it instead of returning to exploring the Reef. Thankfully, noticing her parent's approach, the youth released her grip on his fin and did her strange little scoot towards the other diver.. Both sharing what could only be a sign to surface together before offering a parting wave Leo's direction. Humans didn't see his kind much, even on the shores here, and he wasn't surprised to feel the fine vibrations of unease coming off the man as he'd waited for his child to get away from what could easily be a danger to them.. Still, he couldn't deny a fair amount of humor watching them depart either. Entertaining a child wasn't hard and it wasn't like he didn't have the time to spare. The entire point of venturing out this far had been to stretch his fins a bit and soak in the salt water.

Waiting until the boat above him had started up and moved on, likely to a spot the girl's parents deemed 'safer', Leo finally coiled himself back down towards the reef where his prickly little assailant had scurried to find cover. Gentle yet cautious fingers roamed along the colorful plants, pausing once in a while to shoo away stray fish as they nibbled at his injury curiously, until finally a large leaf was pulled away to reveal his hidden target. Bristling, still upset and ready to defend itself, Leo chuckled softly at the audacity of the little beast. One bite's worth of effort to take it out, at best.. but that sass was admirable. " .. You seem in fine spirits, at least. Stay in your crevices, lest another stray land-pup stumbles on you again." As if the creature could answer.. Humor faded from his blue gaze and the Merwyn let the leaf fall back over the creature's hiding place, one powerful yet absentminded thrash of his tail sending him to drift higher along the reef's edge as he pondered the silence of the waves around himself. Humans were loud creatures.. But he'd picked up that habit himself dealing with them so much too hadn't he? Much like the little girl from earlier people got over excited when he swam closer to the shoreline, thus when he wanted a bit more peace he kept towards the drop off area. Perhaps he was a bit lonely, it had been weeks since the last time he'd visited his mother's caverns in the depths. For all the noise above the waves nothing quite felt the same as chatting with others of the ocean. It did make him wonder though why so many humans were about on such a day as today. The cold that plagued the world above didn't have much sway down below the waves, his aquatic body well suited to handle such things, and on some level he had to marvel at the humans from earlier for how tenacious they had been to dive despite the chilled weather today. Hopefully the little minnow didn't catch a cold..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:52 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        ▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                        I'm feeling Nostalgic || I'm speaking to Nobody || Where am I? The reef || What am I wearing? Swimming trunks

Cold. The first thoughts that formed in the mind of the marine mongrel as he let his body weigh him down, back first, into the water. The cries of a few concerned onlookers muffled as the waters crept over his frame, engulfing him and drawing him closer and deeper into herself. Her cold touch was somewhat, welcoming but he didn't mean to scare anyone, neither to draw much attention to himself. He had left that life past him quite some time ago and was starting to enjoy the lack of recognition and the solace that came with it. Alas, humans sometimes forgot how they were living among the supernatural and that some of them, even though look much like them, aren't entirely what they seem. This was where he was born, this was where he lived for a good part of his life - It would be a shame if he did in fact drown to his demise.

His vision hazed as he saw silhouettes of them looking down at him but soon enough adapted to the terrain, the cold not bothering his form anymore. He blinked a few times as the chatter became clear again and his mind returned from the zone he had momentarily lost himself to. How noisy he thought to himself with a frown, shaking his head as he turned his frame around from the relaxed state it was in. Breathing out a sigh as he showed the spectators he was alright by swimming deeper without a care to explain himself. He wouldn't be able to even if he wanted to. He just wanted to be close to her again, even if she wasn't exactly where he was from, she resembled the place he called home.

Allowing the gentle currents to guide his smooth frame, the man ran his fingers along the aquatic lifeforms he passed by, careful not to disturb any of the more delicate ones or stick his fingers into the mouths of little predators waiting for their catch. He almost forgot how glorious this place was, spending all that time on the surface. Sure the surface had its own perks, nothing really came as close to home.

Minutes passed as he swam around, chasing a curious school of fish that followed him at first. He'd disperse them and watch them regroup, something that kept him amused for a fair while until a light lick of iron had managed to reach him. Someone was bleeding, well, not much from what he could sense, but they seemed closer than he thought. He was expecting another human, maybe a child who might have found themselves a disgruntled host though, it wouldn't hurt to have a closer look. Parting ways from his temporary means of entertainment, he swam towards the source. If he was lucky, it wouldn't be a child or someone who would lose their marbles seeing someone oddly human with no diving gear.

A shadow cast overhead, a boat had just passed by above him. Maybe the ill fated one had just left in it, making him slow his pace down. What a shame. He was almost tempted to return to the amusing school he left behind, until he heard someone. A swift kick to himself and the man had neared the source, it wasn't human after all. He didn't approach them yet, scales on a humanoid form didn't always sit well with him, memories of an unpleasant past that often resurfaced upon their sight. Fingers brushed along his own skin, reminding him of the pain he took to lodge his peers' scales into his own, just to look like them. To belong. He pictured her face, his mother, who looked at him with a sense of fear he was never familiar to. "What did you do..." his voice overlapped hers as he spoke those words and the memory faded, his light hues quickly fixated on the other who might have caught what he said. "I mean. Are you alright?" he asked. Surely by how the little fishes were picking at his wound, he was the one who was injured. "I picked up on some blood and I figured I'd check." he admitted.

Quite uncharacteristic for him to even speak up first, but he was doing quite a lot of that recently.

O.O.C.I hope this was worth the wait!

Rarian

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

Rarian

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:21 am
ll Neo ll

User Image
Leon Anthony Williams

It was more of a feeling than anything, the sense of something larger than the myriad of fish approaching through the water's folds, and given how smoothly the creature moved among the waves Leo had no reason to suspect it to be another person until he heard the voice so close at hand. He'd weighed the chances of it being a curious shark, following the scent of his blood, and had been ready to firmly relocate the hungry fish to a new hunting ground.. But as quickly as his dark blue eyes flicked towards the sound's source he was just as swift in mindfully studying the boy that had spoken to him. Sharks were not the only predator in the big blue sea, some were just like Leo himself.. Thus while the man smiled in greeting to this newcomer he didn't quite relax entirely, not yet at least. " Am I..? Oh, the blood." What did I do..? It was interesting way to phrase the question and, given the stranger's own self-correction, Leo pondered if he'd been speaking to him at all at first or simply musing his thoughts aloud. Still, the fact that the boy could speak at all right now was reason enough for him to let the notion go for the moment. Sprite, sea-child, or odd human with a gift.. He wouldn't look a gift-seal in the mouth when it provided him with such a simple pleasure of company. Careful to keep his movements slow, namely to avoid alarming his new companion, Leo flared his fin and drifted a bit closer; The man extending his wounded hand to the stranger's view as if to reassure the boy of how minor a scrape it was. " I had the nerve to upset a Sea Urchin on the reef, the little one has a rather short temper so mind your digits if you explore the area below here."

A small fish, bright in color if dull in mind, zoomed between the pair and poked at Leo's hand almost demandingly; This earned a firm flick from the Merwyn which sent the little creature streaking away in shock.. laughter curling Leo's lips into an amused grin at the foolish little thing's behavior. On the other hand, pale in color yet far more intelligent... Returning his attention to the other man the Merwyn absently twisted in place, floating on his back and studying the ocean's surface as he accepted the stranger as a fellow child of the waves. " Any sign of predators in the area, from what you've seen so far? I was distracted with a human child earlier and I didn't really pay attention like I should have."

(( Doing great Neo, don't worry. Mine is a little short, a bit dead on my feet atm. ))  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:03 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Nostalgic || I'm speaking to An injured friendly || Where am I? The reef || What am I wearing? Swimming trunks

The man focused on the other when he managed to alert him of his presence. Cautious, he seemed, rightfully so. Saeyong's kind, much like his company before him, would have had no trouble attacking him for a bite of raw flesh but the other didn't seem as helpless as to allow him or anyone to even attempt so. Life here wasn't as simple as it seemed, the smile the other wore might have been calm and serene, but so was the sea right before a storm. None the less, he seemed like no harm to him, as of yet, both studying each other while the man was finding the words to explain to him what had happened.

What were the odds that he would encounter someone like the creature before him, a from that looked like it belonged down here, easily accepted in her ever flourishing ecosystem. He reminded him how much he wanted to look like them, like his mother's kind that refused him with a passion. Even when he did something unthinkable as a child, he couldn't be tempted enough to try it again just to feel like he belonged with them. "I see. Well a minor p***k shouldn't kill anyone." he'd respond with a slight smile, "did you manage to get the spine out?" he'd ask, he could recall a few times he saw some humans needing a little extra help after breaking the spine within the point of contact.

A small fit of laughter couldn't help but escape from his own lips as he watched the little fish scurrying to safety after the little flick, he almost had forgotten how amusing home was. Though, the constant attacks to his arm made the other concerned that it might keep drawing some more attention. He shifted his weight downwards and kicked the water as he swam down, he stayed close in case the other thought he was being abandoned. Though, from the looks of it, he wouldn't be gone just yet. He pulled a piece of some kelp and swam back to his new companion, closing in the distance only to patch the open wound before giving him some space again. While it might have not been the best Band-Aid, it would work. "For it to not draw too much attention." he explained himself to the other, though, maybe it wasn't necessary. He simply felt it had to be done.

Watching the other shift to float on his back, he followed by arching his own and looking up at the surface, watching the waves gently move back and forth before he shifted his gaze back to the other upon hearing him speak. "I've not seen any that we should be concerned about. I believe they are keeping a distance from the many boats going around." he informed, "Human child aye? Those can be quite a hand full." he admitted, grimacing at the thought of encountering one who would try to mimic him simply because they looked alike. "Was it drawn to your tail? They sure seem to have a big fascination to those." he asked, smirking rather playfully at the thought, "I remember seeing some even tug at them while their parents spectate like its some harmless torture method." he added.

O.O.C.Thank you! and don't worry! I still love it biggrin

Rarian

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

Rarian

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:57 am
ll Neo ll

User Image
Leon Anthony Williams

" It was, I don't particularly mind but the little beast was very determined to yank at the fins. There are a number of cartoons that mislead them into thinking it is harmless." It didn't hurt, at least no more than a pinch, but the child was very fortunate she hadn't found a creature that would pinch back for her curiosity. Sea Urchin aside... Lifting his hands to study them against the backdrop of the sea's surface Leo ran his thumb over the make-shift bandage and his expression softened a fair bit, honestly a bit comforted by the simplistic and admittedly nostalgic use of the aquatic plant. How many times had he and the other hoodlums used it just like this after scuffles? Flaring his gills in a deep inhale he allowed these memories to fade with the little trail of bubbles that escaped his lips on the exhale; The Merwyn curling his fins to catch a soft current and tilt himself onto his side to better study the male he spoke with. The beauty of the sea was that the world didn't exist on one level of motion.. You could swim up, sideways, down, and frankly backwards whichever way you felt like it... thus, unless one had sheer dumb luck or a trail like the boy had used his blood for it was damn near impossible to just 'run into' strangers easily. Even then, most sea-dwellers were cautious by nature.. It was refreshing to just chat like a human with this man despite being under the waves. Flexing his hand for Saeyong to see the ease of the motion Leo shook his head, finally answering his question about the spine. " It was a clean tear so the scratch should mend easily enough. Thank you for the bandage though, boats or no I'd hate to lure something here for a snack and have to chase it off again." And he would.. Unlike those silly cartoons the land children adored his people were warriors by nature; Gentle when the choice was given but ruthless for the sake of survival.

Leo liked this territory enough to protect those that dwelled here, sea-born and land-child alike, and it wasn't just 'danger' he tried to defend them from. Sometimes it was also sadness.. Which from the stranger's pale eyes he had a feeling the boy was too familiar with. This, and his own humor, had his mind returning to the mirth in Saeyong's tone about the child playing with his tail and the Merwyn couldn't quite resist the temptation to share the laughter; The silver scales of his tail glinting a faint green in the dull sunlight as he lazily flicked the limb within the other man's reach, actively rocking a small current his way to playfully jostle the stranger as he boasted lightly. " As thanks, for the care and the information, you may touch my tail if you wish.~" Never one to be shy and born with enough self confidence to leave most speechless in his wake the Merwyn was aware that, even covered in scars and nicks as his aquatic form was, most people delighted in touching him for the unusual experience. Normally it was without permission, like the child earlier, but he was a social creature and actually enjoyed the skin-ship once in a while. It also didn't help that Leo had a habit of baiting people to play with them, young or old it was interesting to see if he could lure them into a bit of mischief and after hearing the odd guy laugh he'd decided it was a good look for him. " Just don't sing Under the Sea, or I may bite you. Fair warning."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:34 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Happy? || I'm speaking to An injured friendly || Where am I? The reef || What am I wearing? Swimming trunks

"Humans are just mindless beings." Saeyong would simply state to the other mentioning the behavior stemming from cartoons. "Just try giving them a taste of their own actions and they act like they've been wronged". Surely the man spoke from experience, especially with curious children, though, he wasn't always a center of attention with them considering he lacked any visual appeal to them. Adults might have been a different case, though they all reacted the same when put in situations like these. Was this information something he'd share with his new friend though, not likely. He'd have to explain a lot more than he'd want to if that box would be uncovered. Returning his attention back to him as he noticed the slight motion through the waves, he shifted his own body to face him better, allowing the current to guide him. The man flexed his arm to show him he was doing fine, a smile starting to form on his lips, at least now that it was patched, there was less risk of a predator strolling by from the smell of blood. "Its the least I could do." he'd respond.

The momentary silence before his little remark had the man's pale hues linger on his form, watching as the skin kissed the scales on his being reminded him how much he envied his kind and his mother's kind. If only her genes dominated, he too would have such appealing appendages, flaring and folding with his every move, reflecting the sun while adorned like gems on his being. It had been nearly a century, yet, he couldn't come to terms with his form.

"Are you sure you're alright with that? I might be worse than a human child for a matter of fact." he'd state. Surely his playful banter took his mind off of his insecurities for a moment, but he wasn't going to miss out on an open invitation to touch. He reached over and brushed his fingers along his scales, that oh so familiar feeling of envy clouding all the feelings of awe and wonder. But before they could turn any darker, like that day, he heard the other's remark that made him snort. When was the last time he had such a laugh? "Do not tempt me with a good time sir." he grinned, shaking his head as he tugged on his fin lightly only enough for a minor inconvenience before he quickly moved out of reach. "I...feel a song coming up, you might know it and maybe wish to sing along?" he'd state, humming the tune of, yes, Under the sea..

The waters were calm save for the movements caused by the marine forms going about their business. Though, unlike what he had thought earlier, danger wasn't really that far behind. Lurking among the dimly lit terrains, a few sharks were swimming by, drawn by the smell of the blood from earlier and maybe to even see the human pups that usually came around these parts of the waters. Food wasn't always an issue for them, but the growing activity was disrupting their usual paths and even occasionally piquing their curiosities. If the two weren't too busy to notice, they wouldn't be too far out of sight, but quite visibly heading towards them.

O.O.C.I hope drawing some trouble isn't bad sweatdrop

Rarian

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

Rarian

Aged Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:08 pm
ll Neo ll

User Image
Leon Anthony Williams

Mindless? Leo's amusement was clear at the boy's obvious distaste for the mortal coil and for a moment he sincerely considered arguing the point just to get a rise from him.. But even the Mer had to admit that for all of their advancements and the land-walking creatures were perhaps a bit flawed. Then again.. " I've yet to meet any Being I would consider without fault, Humans are certainly full of contradictions and failings but I wouldn't go so far as to claim them without potential. Sometimes it is the rash, emotional actions that stimulate the most drastic changes in life for better or worse and land-born children seem drawn to sparks of innovation to feed their whims or wants." If harnessed and aimed correctly.. Well, Leo had no doubt they could be put to good use for the sake of the planet they shared. Bemused by these thoughts and quite arrogant enough to believe in them the male felt the curious touch of his companion upon his fin and a smirk settled over his features; The keen edge of his stare studying the subtle signs of emotion seeping from Saeyong's posture as he was likewise being looked over in return. This one... was a tough shell to crack. Signs of mild distress, awe, and perhaps even a shred of brooding discomfort.. Yet the figure made no movement to act beyond his curiosity and humor and on some level Leo's own sense of distrust eased towards his companion. Had it been fair to test the guy, baiting him into touching him to see if he'd slip up and act aggressively when given the opening? No.. But while Leo had no doubt the stranger was far from 'tame' or 'safe' he had proven to at least be rational and that was far more important in the Mer's mind. The faint pinch and mischievous prodding from Saeyong only made his smirk deepen, the fin along his spine flaring up briefly as that dreaded noise Disney had branded his people with drifted along the waves with surprisingly pleasant tones. Then.. the boy made a mistake, skirting back out of reach as if retreating, and unintentionally provoking Leo's own mildly bullying habits. If something ran he instinctively wanted to chase it.. " Are we basing morality off of land-cubs? I'm much worse than the Human children, unlike their ignorant actions I make educated decisions to get my way."

If not for the sudden shift in the water the Mer may well have toyed with the other swimmer playfully. Instead the awareness of larger bodies heading their way, the pressure and currents shifting ever so softly to announce the new arrivals, had Leo's absolute focus as the fins along his body bristled softly and flared in a age-old intimidation impulse. Given the way the the shapes felt, and the size of the bodies shifting through the water, it wasn't hard to speculate what exactly was coming for them. Sharks were misunderstood, yet dangerous, animals.. and as much as he loved studying them this was neither the time nor the place to let them roam so near the frolicking mortals for both parties sakes. The pale gleam of his gaze slid to Saeyong, briefly pondering if it was better to send him ashore to safety.. But much like his own instincts he didn't want to draw out the predator's impulse to give chase so that idea was out. That left him really only one choice and the man couldn't quite deny that it seemed a fair justice in its own way. He had threatened to bite, after all... So touching was a much more mild revenge. " Bear with me for a moment you little Betta Fish. Something that will bite is too close." The nickname seemed fitting and came easily to the Mer's mind.. The other man clearly beautiful and readily combative in his humor much akin to the Betta Fish. Ignoring the clear violation of Saeyong's personal space Leo twisted suddenly, risking the quick movements in ensure his companion couldn't react or resist as he snaked his arm around the man's waist and locked him against his side firmly. He would have considered simply grasping him bridal-style, as it would have limited the male's movements even more, but.. the Mer needed a hand free to ensure their defense in case things went sour. The first Shark, clearly a Grey Reef, slowed as it approached and Leo did what came naturally.. Keeping his movements small and maintaining eye contact with the beast as he let the creature come to them. Relief was the first sentiment that came to mind, aware that Grey Reef Sharks were one of the more social types of their particular kin.. Though it was a selective sort of social behavior they did bond more strongly with 'friends' than many other shark species would. So.. The Mer made nice, keeping Saeyong close as he reached out with his free hand and gently slid his scaled fingers along the sand-paper like flesh that covered the beast's sensitive nose. He'd been mindful to keep his hurt hand tucked around his captive friend's waist, both grateful it was bound and smart enough not to push his luck by exposing it readily to the curious pair of fish.

As the male had hoped the animal's interest was in the search of food and not motivated by aggression, swaying slowly past as Leo's hand drifted down the beast's side and he turned to keep their eye contact steadily. Curious or no, it was never a good idea to turn away from a predator on land or in the sea.. and fast movements could be lethal if it excited the creatures or spooked them into feeling threatened. It would have been ideal if both of the animals were of a like mind and yet, for as passive as the first one was now that its investigation had been satisfied the second was far less easy going and Leo barely had time to swivel himself and feisty youth in his grasp out of the way before the large animal was trying to body-check them from the side with clear irritation. Reflexively his free hand snapped down, nailing the beast's left-side gills as it passed and stunning the creature with the assault on its sensitive opening. Veering off, away from them, his previously-mellow friend bolted after him and Leo snorted with a mild hint of arrogance. Brave until wounded.. but he hadn't hit the creature too hard and Sharks were nothing if not persistent.. So the Mer lifted his free hand to sink his fingers into the glossy strands of hair at the back of Saeyong's head, gently but firmly forcing the male's face against his own neck as he closed his translucent second-layer of eyelids and warned the boy in a much-too-cheerful murmur. " ... Keep your eyes closed or this will hurt, alright?" It was the only warning he could give before both of the sharks were turning back their way and Leo's rather long tail was slashing through the water to launch himself and his unfortunate 'guest' with him through the sea. His eyes, protected by the clear eyelids natural to his kind, were safe from the pressure and mild debris as his speed kicked up drastically.. But his grip didn't ease on Seayong's nape at all for fear of the same conditions harming the male's much more delicate eyes. The sharks, enthralled with something to chase, followed as expected and Leo obliged them as he led them away from the shallows and into the depths were it would be much safer to shake them off his trail. With luck.. This little Betta Fish would forgive him for the abduction when they made it safely to his home.

( O.o.C: Not at all, sorry it took so long to get back to it. Forgive me for glossing it over a bit, given this has to be an exit post. )  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:04 pm
x
x
x
x
sαтυяםαч, αρяιℓ ⑳тн

םαч ⑥ σғ ⑦ υитιℓ тιмє sкιρ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

☾☼ ιи-яρ םαчs sιиcє ℓ.σ. σρєиєם: ☼☽
םαч ⑤⑤⑨
( ① чєαя, ⑥ мσитнs, ⑬ םαчs )

Yummy Galaxxy