Welcome to Gaia! ::

♡~Everybody Wants to be a Cat!~♡

Back to Guilds

If you love cats, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Animal, Cats, Contests, Feline, Kitties 

Reply ⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃
Getting cat pee out of things like fabrics

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 9:14 pm
What product do you go by when cleaning cat piss out of things? My cats pee on everythinggggg even though males are fixed, and working on getting all females fixed. I just try everything until something works, as long as it has "enzymes" in the ingredients so I know it tears out the odor causing stuff in their pee. So far I really like nothing I've found yet, but I keep on using whatever I can afford. Sigh~  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:12 am
I use the so called "green soap", but I heard soap for washing machines would work as well. Just make sure you clean the soap off and dry the place well.

Do you know why they pee outside the box?  

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:01 pm
Yule Cat
I use the so called "green soap", but I heard soap for washing machines would work as well. Just make sure you clean the soap off and dry the place well.

Do you know why they pee outside the box?

Well, I have 6 of them in a room roughly the size of a living room (big country house, and lots of random shelves and things for added space and hideouts, it's like a cat mad house hahahaha) and more then 7 boxes at varying depths of litter, but I think a few things factor in.
I have a mentally disabled cat named Oreo that literally just doesn't like going in boxes. She'd rather pee on flat cool surfaces like in tubs, on metal shelving, ect. Other then her, my female Tuxxy sprays like a male on everything because she is at the bottom of the dominance chain they got goin', and she constantly tries to assert dominance through that(I'm hoping once she's fixed this gets corrected but if not I'll start the long process of breaking those habits again, almost got her to stop once! Then we moved). I just clean now in the places I know there will be pee, and I'm just lucky there is no carpet out there LOL.
The worst part is, its an old old house and my Great Aunt had like 4 inside cats before us, and she was not taken care of so I can only imagine how well the cats were looked after sweatdrop
And they had pissed ON THE EXPOSED WOOD OF THE FLOOR
so cat piss it soaked into the floorboards themselves, and I wonder if maybe I would have to soak the whole damn floor with odor remover, and then seal the wood and lay the mats I have back down. (its like a mat that's supposed to be used for kitchens, looks like stone but its just a large cuttable mat tbh) and you can see where I would find a road block there sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:20 pm
Maddy-Mazey
Is it really spraying, or peeing? (like, directly on the floor or on the wall too?)  

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:11 pm
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey
Is it really spraying, or peeing? (like, directly on the floor or on the wall too?)

It seems to depend on whose doing it. Oreo pees on the floor everywhere, but Tuxxy sprays on walls and it runs down onto/into anything xc  
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 5:45 am
Maddy-Mazey
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey

It seems to depend on whose doing it. Oreo pees on the floor everywhere, but Tuxxy sprays on walls and it runs down onto/into anything xc

Have you been to any of them to the vet,
Spraying on the walls sounds more like she doesn't feel safe in her own home.  

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:40 pm
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey

Have you been to any of them to the vet,
Spraying on the walls sounds more like she doesn't feel safe in her own home.

That could be, too. Poor thing is always bullied :c but if I put her in my small room, she attacks Georgie instead. Maybe I just gotta stick that out! but no, sadly I only take them to the vet if I think they have a serious health issue (not that their mental health isn't important to me, of course) and Tuxxy has yet to have any extra trips there yet, like the others
Do you think it might be serious enough to warrant a visit? I could always try next time I save up some mula. xc

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:07 am
Maddy-Mazey

Have they started peeing out of nowhere? peeing outside the box is often (not always) something medical.

It sounds like the relationship between your cats isn't great either? whee  

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 8:03 pm
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey

Have they started peeing out of nowhere? peeing outside the box is often (not always) something medical.

It sounds like the relationship between your cats isn't great either? whee

Oh no, they've all peed their whole lives, since hitting kitty puberty anyways. Most of them get along great, but the two main pissers oreo and tuxxy don't get along with emmy well, so yeah they get a bit rough sometimes sweatdrop I always try to play the fight out of them but sometimes they still do their turf war crap xD  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 5:13 am
Maddy-Mazey
Timing is important if you want to distract the cats before the fight starts. Because you don't want to reward bad behavior. whee  

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:19 pm
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey
Timing is important if you want to distract the cats before the fight starts. Because you don't want to reward bad behavior. whee
Very true! I'm usually good about it, but because I close the door between my bedroom with Georgie in it, and the big room with them in it, I know in the night they probably fight sweatdrop I'm thinking about just taking Tuxxy into here during the nights, at least I can wake up to the sounds of her and georgie fighting easier T^T  
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:26 pm
Maddy-Mazey
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey
Very true! I'm usually good about it, but because I close the door between my bedroom with Georgie in it, and the big room with them in it, I know in the night they probably fight sweatdrop I'm thinking about just taking Tuxxy into here during the nights, at least I can wake up to the sounds of her and georgie fighting easier T^T
You can try playing with them more, so they don't have the energy anymore to fight?  

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:50 pm
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey
Yule Cat
Maddy-Mazey
You can try playing with them more, so they don't have the energy anymore to fight?
I already try, but maybe I should amp it up even more! for some dumb reason i never thought abut that sweatdrop I usually only play with them for about one big session of chase the light/string/whatever, I should probably do that a lot more sweatdrop ty!!  
⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games