Welcome to Gaia! ::

♡~Everybody Wants to be a Cat!~♡

Back to Guilds

If you love cats, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Animal, Cats, Contests, Feline, Kitties 

Reply ⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃
Picky Eaters

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pastrychefzozo

Demonic Widow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:38 pm
I am worried about both of my lil kitties. First is my lil 12 year old tuxie, Mischief. Within the last week he has almost completely stopped eating, even his wet food is left untouched. He isnt drinking either. How do i get him to start eating again...

And now for my lil baby, Kyo. (Mischief is the family kitty, Kyo is my own personal kitty) he eats and drinks fine and is always full of energy, but he is in the "underweight" category according to the SPCA standards. how do i get him to gain about a pound?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:29 am
my cat is 9 in human years she stop eating as well we soon found it was do to the ppl that lived above us bothering her with there dogs and she had lots of stress from it so had to move her food dish  

Dusk-Rhyme

Mewling Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:15 am
Pastrychefzozo
I am worried about both of my lil kitties. First is my lil 12 year old tuxie, Mischief. Within the last week he has almost completely stopped eating, even his wet food is left untouched. He isnt drinking either. How do i get him to start eating again...

Get him to the vet. Not eating can cause fatty liver disease which doesn't always end up good. Not to mention your cat is a senior and he needs his food. Not eating ánd drinking may be something medical and going to the vet is the main priority.

What have you tried already to get him to eat? Warming up his (wet) food? Tried different brands?

Pastrychefzozo
And now for my lil baby, Kyo. (Mischief is the family kitty, Kyo is my own personal kitty) he eats and drinks fine and is always full of energy, but he is in the "underweight" category according to the SPCA standards. how do i get him to gain about a pound?

If he's a small kitten, he probably won't weight that much as a standard size kitten. But it is important for kittens to be on a good weight. How old is he and what food do you give him?

(useful website)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:38 pm
Pastrychefzozo

Cats not eating or drinking can be a serious sign of health issues, so I would suggest taking him to the vet ASAP. You don't want him to be sick. There's a chance it could be stress, but I know that not eating and drinking can be a big sign of many illnesses.
As for your kitten, many kittens start off "underweight." As long as he's eating and drinking fine and has enough energy to play, he should gain weight on his own time. You should be worried if he seems lethargic or isn't eating.

LadyTotten

Sparkly Felis catus

12,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:22 pm
Any other symptoms that you can pick up on for Mischief? Does he have less energy to do anything, or is it just a lack of eating and drinking?
When my cats stop drinking for more then a few days, I always use a dropper and force them to have at least a few drinks a day until I can either get to the vet or fix the problem somehow if its not an illness.
Sometimes even if it is, I still force it.
A good way to tell if they are too dehydrated, is if you grab the scruff where their cat momma would pick them up as babies, squeeze it just a bit, (you'll know lol) and if it goes right back, the skin has enough elasticity, and they are good for the moment usually. But if it lingers, or stays squeezed up, they are dehydrated and need some fluids asap :c
Sometimes I can't tell well, so I use the flappy skin between my thumb and pointer finger as a reference
I wouldn't worry as badly about the kitten, like others said. I'm actually trying hard to make my fiance's kitty gain some weight >..<
I find making her tuckered out (from play) and then presenting her food to her makes her eat at least a bit 9/10 times!
That's all I got D:
Any new developments?  
⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces