Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes
Dark Tribe Idol Contest! Winners, Page 2 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:29 pm
Oh no!

Two little Dark Tribers are without owners! Whatever shall we do? HOWEVER WILL THEY LIVE?!

...Ahem. Sorry about that. So yes, this is the Enki x Desdemona idol contest! It will be a name/personality raffle--you enter the name and personality you would give the B'alam when it's de-idolfied, and we raffle off the idols between our favorite entries!

So, ready to meet the family? Because while they're ownerless, they're certainly not family-less...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:38 pm
The Family

User Image
The Mother
Desdemona is a melodramatic and highly sentimental young nantlil. She wants to throw herself into some roles and do well by her Tribe and by her family. She's loyal, protective, and highly romantic. She will be a worried, hovering mother always fretting over her babies.

User Image
The Father
A cold grump who always seems to prefer being alone. He's fierce when he needs to be but usually could care less. Despite having a cold personality, Enki has a code of honor. Enki hates being in debt to anyone but will fulfill that debt to the best of his abilities. He also dislikes having those who are in debt to him. His wanderings brought him close to the Dark Tribe's territory where he met the actress Desdemona. The rest is being RPed out He will be a strong, silent father, a rock for his family.

User Image
The Eldest Son
Sirsir will be serious and thoughtful, disinclined towards drama. He will probably rebel under his mother's constant fussing. He is the only member of the litter who is not Dark Tribe.

User Image
The Youngest Son
An eventual costume designer in the Theater, Gilgamesh has a creative mind for design and fashion. Gil also has an ego to match. Gil spends an extremely long time on his appreance making sure he looks his (Sexy) best.

Update!

Some information that I--ahahahaha--should have put up earlier, but didn't get around to until now. So thanks for pointing this out, Ice!

Our Home
Enki and Desdemona live within Dark Tribe's capital, Castrum de Drac, an underground city in the Dark Tribe Mountains. Desdemona lives within the Theater of Day's Past, the grand theater in Castrum de Drac, and one of the centers of their culture.

Enki is a Blood-Giver--an outsider from the surface world who lives as a member of the nobility and who allows Dark Tribe to drink blood from him. Blood-Givers and Actresses are non-hereditary nobility--while Desdemona and Enki both hold high places in Dark Tribe society, that is due to their professions--their children are mere commoners unless they take an important role in society.

Honestly, though, pretty much everyone in Castrum de Drac is a member of the non-hereditary nobility, so we doubt this will come up very often during their childhood, and they will never be persecuted or looked down upon because of their status. Being a noble only means that you have extra responsibilities.

Enki lives with Desdemona in the Theater's living quarters, where all of the actors live--their children will live with them. As a Blood-Giver, he may be assigned a knight protector at some point--though that is not yet known at this time.

Names
Enki is named after an ancient Mesopotamian god; Desdemona's name is Greek, though she is named after an Italian character from an English play. Dark Tribe members are traditionally given Romanian names. Just, y'know, as a jumping-off point.  

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:47 pm
The Subjects

The Middle Son
User Image

The Daughter/youngest
User Image

Rules!!
1. Common sense: don't be a jerk. Be nice. Don't offend people. Don't whine if you don't win or make it onto the raffle list. Don't discourage people.
2. You may enter once for each idol, but you may not win both. If you entered for both, but won the one you liked less, I'm sorry. There's not a lot I can do about that (I might color you an egg, though...).
3. We're looking for kids who will be at least somewhat connected to their parents; an entry that goes off in a completely opposite direction (like, "he's going to become a famous pirate and sack ports" or whatever) will likely not appeal to us.
4. Have fun!
5. Feel free to ask us any questions.

Begins: As soon as I post "Go"
Ends: Monday, April 27th, 8:00 PM Pacific Time

For the boy:
[color=blue][b]Here's my entry![/b][/color]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Idol's Name[/b]:
[b]Meaning[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Potential Plot Ideas[/b]:

For the girl:
[color=pink][b]Here's my entry![/b][/color]
[b]Username[/b]:
[b]Idol's Name[/b]:
[b]Meaning[/b]:
[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]Potential Plot Ideas[/b]:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:48 pm
Go!  

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Rosencranz

Devoted Husband

13,950 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:12 pm
Here's my entry!
Username: Rosencranz
Idol's Name: Stela
Meaning: Star (Romanian)
Personality: Stela takes more after her her mother. She holds family above everyone else, and will do anything to make suer her family is safe, including fight if she needs to. Fiercely loyal, she will follow you to the ends of the earth. Little Stela enjoys play fighting, and won't hesitate to get her paws dirty. She's loud, obnoxious, stubborn and even sometimes seen as rude, although she really doesn't mean to be. Stela just likes to see what's going on and participate in whatever fun is happening. Even though she's the youngest, she's the only girl, and she will act rather bossy towards her older brothers. But really, all she wants to do is make sure they're safe. Almost the opposite of her father, Stela would rather be surrounded by friends and family then be all alone. She is often seen in the company of one of her brothers at the lest, if not also her mother. Stela is very passionate about things, often getting into long winded explanations as to why she likes something, or why she doesn't. But overall, her sense of family and closeness is what makes her who she is, and she wouldn't have it any other way. She is often seen as simple minded, as if the world is black or white to her. But in reality, she understands everything and can be very profound. She just chooses not to be like that every second of the day. Stela has a hard time accepting why they need to feed on other B'alam, and will sometimes go without feeding for a day or two. She feels bad about taking blood from someone who needs it, and really only likes to take from someone who offers, and even then is very speculate on it.
Potential Plot Ideas: FAMILY RP ALL THE WAY <3
Stela loves her father, but has always been curious as to how and why he fell in love with her mother, and how he can deal with being a Blood-Giver. She'd like to learn more about it and see what it is that compels other B'alam to be willing to help, because she sees it in a different light.
She also deeply loves her mother, and would follow her mother around if able, trying to see the world she lives in. One day, she wouldn't mind being an actress like her mother, if she could learn how to play anything other than a boisterous, ready to fight character :3
I would also love to see her with other cubs one day, froclicking and having fun, making friends and enemies alike. I'd love to see a rivalry blossom between her and another cub.
One day, she will have a mate. Whether they are life-long friend or not isn't known yet, but I'd love to figure that out along the road :3 I'd love for it to be a non Dark Tribe, purely because I'd love for her to find someone who's willing to give blood (I have lots of ideas flowing for this now ehehehe)  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:38 pm
Here's my entry!
Username: BastetAmun
Idol's Name: Erebos
Meaning: Greek name meaning darkness
Personality: Erebos is more like his father then his mother. A silent figure that prefers to spend his time alone then around others. Watching everyone from afar and discerning their goals, actions and thoughts intrigue him. He has a small time forming new relationships with others because of his aloof nature and many people can find him intimidating because of this. He is very loyal to his family and would do anything to protect him, because of this, he is prone to holding grudges against anyone who has harmed his family, or even one of his close friends. It is a rare sight to see him gallivanting around and just having fun, though he is known to do this from time to time with his siblings. His mothers doting bothers him at times because of his wish to be alone.
Potential Plot Ideas:
Family rp's lots and lots
I'd love to have his father maybe train him, before he leaves, so that he can protect the family, or try to, if anything happens.
A soft spot for his sister and maybe even butting heads with the older brothers over some things.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:20 am
Here's my entry!
Username: Alpaca Chobi
Idol's Name: Narcisa
Meaning: Romanian for numbness sleep
Personality: Outgoing, Sophisticated, Tasteful, Dramatic, Curious
Potential Plot Ideas:
Family RP for sure. She'll need plenty of time to form strong family bonds granted personalities allow for that to happen. As a cub she'll be pretty standard as far as cubs go with a bit of a diva side.

When she's adult she'll probably want to travel with her act and see the world.

I see her taking a liking to the theater but it not being enough for her to stay put in the capital. She'll want to take what she learns from life in the theater and expand it to the road.

However, I see that causing a great deal of conflict inwardly for her. I imagine she'll at the very least be very close to her mother and probably won't have an easy time dealing with being separated. So I imagine she'd spend some time on the road and if love doesn't whisk her away she'd eventually return back to her family in the capital.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:14 am
Here's my entry!
Username: Hopelessly Pretty
Idol's Name: Argyros
Meaning: From Greek, meaning "silver"
Personality: Argyros is a natural born entertainer with a flair for the dramatic. It's easy for him to tell enchanting stories or spend time stalking his siblings and pouncing on them just for fun, the type to always be smiling or laughing about something. He longs to be the center of attention due to being the middle son, often trying to outdo his siblings by challenging them to games of acrobatics or wit just to prove that he's a prodigy. While he may come across as a bit of a bully, he means well when he teases others because he's trying to toughen them up. Despite his energetic behavior Argyros is actually very protective, even possessive, of his family. He isn't quick to let others approach them when he's around, and prefers that they pay attention to him over anyone else.
Potential Plot Ideas:
-Argyros might be a bit of a Mama's Boy, so spending time with his mother would serve him well, especially since he wants to act too!
-He might have a strained relationship with Enki just because he probably pesters his dad for attention, lol
-He teases his siblings a lot, but overall loves them dearly. He'll play with them a lot, as a cub and even as an adult

He'll be very family oriented, and will probably stick near to them even when he grows up. I don't imagine Argyros likes to be alone often.  

Hopelessly Pretty

Feral Lover

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:44 am
Here's my entry!
Username: ChaosTheories
Idol's Name: Minunat
Meaning: Romanian for wonderful, lovely, beautiful, wonder-working, marvelous, or miraculous xD
Personality:
Minu will absolutely adore her mother's attention and revel in it, to the point she will actually encourage the attention by acting out to get it. She will grow up to be a drama queen and will tend to play up everything so Desdemona focuses on her. Minu feels that she deserves the extra attention because she is the only girl among her siblings, and therefore, she believes that she is special.

Around other B'alam, however, she can be a bully and a grump. Her brothers in particular will be the target of a fair amount of teasing, as long as no one else is watching (especially Enki!). She will be a sassy girl that will strive to get what she wants, when she wants it, and if anyone gets in her way, there may be consequences. While she loves attention, she prefers to rely on herself when it comes to reaching her goals. Like her father, she doesn't want to be in debt or indebted to anyone else.

Potential Plot Ideas:
Minunat would strive to be an actress like her mother, and would throw herself into the craft quite young.

I would like to see some rivalry with a sibling... maybe to the point of being "frenemies" or enemies that get along... in front of the parents. ;D

Perhaps in the future she develops a lot of "crushes" but doesn't realize her perfect partner has been her friend all along, or something along those lines.

Maybe her melodramatic behaviour gets her in big trouble sometime because she makes a story up that gets blown completely out of proportion, so she learns not to lie about serious things.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:08 am
Here's my entry!
Username: Khryssie
Idol's Name: Ubaid
Meaning: "faithful"
Personality: Ubaid takes faithful to an extreme; he's clingy and needy and cannot ever be far from his mother. He needs her approval on every action and opinion/thought. He strives to please his father but comes across as whiny and pleading, likely resulting in Enki not being particularly proud of him. Ubaid is totally passive and balks, and is borderline repulsed, at the mere idea of violence.
Potential Plot Ideas: Oh jeez xD
Clingy son/mother RP, maybe his brothers trying to toughen him up, Enki trying to toughen him up, Ubaid finds himself almost forced to violence maybe for self defense or something IDK it would just be fun /easy to torture him =x  

vilegloom

Vampire

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:08 pm
Here's my entry!
Username: Belloblossom
Idol's Name: Demetrius
Meaning: The name of a character in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Personality: Demetrius quite plainly takes after his mother. Out-spoken, bossy, and imaginative, Demetrius longs to take to the stage as his mother has and shine in the spotlight for all to see. Of course... This might be easier to do if he had even a speck of acting talent, but as it so happens, he doesn't. He can project his voice, that's for certain and he has an imagination that can take him far off to other lands, where he dreams up all manner of adventure, but when it comes to putting this imagination into his acting... He's too busy trying to re-write the play to his design than to follow the original script. He may end up following the path of a director or playwright instead of an actor.

When he's not submerged in the world of theater, Demetrius likes to spend time with his mother, Desdemona watching her act and listening to stories about her experiences on the stage. She is a very good storyteller and he loves listening to her. While he admires his father for his nobility, it will always be his mother who he feels especially close to.
Potential Plot Ideas: Thespians Unite! - In his youth, Demetrius will want to look at acting as an outlet for all of his energy and so forth he will go to Desdemona to help him. He may even drag his siblings into the fun and have dear ol' Dad be the audience! (Such plots could involve theatrical family fun, whether it's Desdemona teaching her children about the stage life, or Demetrius instructing his siblings on their roles as they put on skits of his creation for their parents to watch.)

I Wanna Be in Charge! - Come adolescence it'll become apparent that Demetrius can't act. Instead, he'll grow ever bossier as he starts becoming more of a director-sort. (This plot will show through his personality as he becomes more aggressive towards his family whenever someone tries to make him do something he doesn't want to. He'll also get more snappish with his siblings and try to boss them around on a more regular basis.)

The World is a Stage - And so Demetrius wants to go out and explore it! He'll take off from his family not long after he reaches adulthood and leaves to wander the Dark Tribe. Maybe he'll even go explore his father's former home in the Earth Tribe, because who knows, maybe there are performers in that tribe too!

That's a Wrap! - Demetrius, after exploring the world around him, will return home a more mature adult than when he left. Ready to settle in the Dark Tribe, he'll be less of a bossy-boots and more of what a director is supposed to be: compassionate and willing to listen to the actors he directs. He will come back with an apology to his family for his ill-temper and if his mother is still acting, he will ask her about getting into the business she works with, as its his passion. (Once a family bond is established again, he'll think about settling down, if he hasn't done so already.)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:55 pm
We've added some new information on where the family lives and what their youngest son is like! If you'd like to update your entries to reflect this new information, you are welcome to.

belloblossom

Khryssie

ChaosTheories

Hopelessly Pretty

Alpaca Chobi

BastetAmun

Rosencranz

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:05 pm
Here's my entry!
Username: Kyrieko
Idol's Name: Neola
Meaning: From Greek, meaning "youthful"
Personality: A little on the quiet side, Neola likes to appreciate the art and beauty around her. She lets it wash over and inspire her to create dances that can tell a story. She's very observant of things and how well they mesh together, paying particular attention to what pleases others. Using these observations, Neo tries to create enchanting dances through acting that can help others to understand about her Tribe and their culture. Something she enjoys learning more about. However she can be a little shy when it comes to requesting information or asking for help and will instead try to stubbornly figure it out on her own. When this fails, she'll seek out her family first and then those of the Theater after.
Potential Plot Ideas:
(Just a few ideas to start with!)

Dance Lessons - As a cub, she'll have difficulty figuring out how to move her body just right and nine times out of ten, trip over her own paws. She'll want to study how the actors and actresses perform, and watch dancers. Perhaps even find an instructor to get her set on the right path!

Fashion Advice - Dancing she may be skilled at, but finding just the right material or sash that would get the correct emotion along is not her strong point. She'll need a partner in crime (could be her brother, Gil!) to help when it comes to picking the right costume for a specific dance.

It's Not All About the Dance - Neo may love dancing, but when it comes to other types of acting, she's not so skilled. She'll feel that in order to be the most successful in what she loves, she also needs to learn how to act. And find partners to work with!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:02 pm
Here's my entry!
Username: ~Twilight...Angel~
Idol's Name: Actriță
Meaning: Actress (Romanian)

Personality: She revels in her mother's attention and affections. Wanting nothing more in life than to simply be loved and doted upon. Being the only girl had to have some kind of advantage after all!
Though she enjoys all the attention, she is very much a social butterfly. Loving to go around and meeting new cubs and playing games. It steams from her small need to be the center of attention, but she never complains when another gets attention as well. Her need for it never goes above her need to be sweet and affectionate toward others!
When upset or angered, she can be a bit of a fire ball. Going at the one who has caused her to feel that way. After all, they should pay for their misdeeds!

Potential Plot Ideas: Plenty of Family RP & plots! She enjoys the attention from them after all!
As she gets older, she will want to spread her wings a bit and find her own path. Wanting to help her tribe anyway she possibly can.
A potential love interest would be nice too. He would have to be a Dark triber and dote upon her. She would need someone sweet and kind, who enjoys being in the tribe and wants lots of family!
She will be going on lots of adventures inside of the tribes territory.  

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:03 pm
Here's my entry!
Username: ~Twilight...Angel~
Idol's Name: Mare Teatru
Meaning: Great Theater (Romanian)

Personality: Mare loves to perform and put on airs for anyone who will pay attention to him. His favorite thing is to make up short plays to show his family. Dreaming of, one day, making plays on a grand scale and performing for everyone in the tribe. The sounds of people cheering and clapping are the grandest thing in his eyes. There was simply nothing comparable to the sound of others appreciating your work.
Though he reveals in the attention of an audience, his own mothers attentions sometimes annoy him. He sees them as holding him back from truly making his mark on the world. Though he would never go against his mother or try to tell her that he didn't want her attentions. He at least didn't want her attentions when he was trying to create his newest play for them to enjoy!
As for a temper, he has none. He never overreacts at anything that is said or done toward him. Preferring to be calm and good natured toward everyone, even those who do him wrong.

Potential Plot Ideas: All of the family RP & plots! He needs his best audience!
As a cub, he will create lots of small plays for his families viewing pleasure and try to find his place among them.
As he grows older, he will make longer plays and preform them in front of much larger crowds. Hopefully able to earn his own status among the tribe.
A potential love interest would have to be a fellow play write or an actress that he favors appearing in his own plays.
Adventures are not his thing, so a friend who is VERY outgoing would be an enjoyable thing to throw at him to take him out of his comfort zone!  
[ Archives ] The Dusty Tomes

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff