Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:42 pm
Name: Pragma Comsen
    Pragmatic: dealing with things sensibly and realistically in a way that is based on practical rather than theoretical considerations.
    Common sense: good sense and sound judgment in practical matters.

Blood colour:
    Orangeblood, specifically #C9530A ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

Symbol:
    A rock/boulder or club shaped object? o vo"

Personality:
    Pragma is an easy going, goofy troll with a curious and friendly nature. Adventuring through the forest and ascending the mountain with his Lusus is a common past-time as he explores the world around him off Omini's back. From this high perspective, the world is a veritable playground waiting to be explored.

Needless to say, some of Pragma's favorite pastimes are venturing outside of his cave to travel through the surrounding forests and climb the mountain, looking for the best hidey holes, springs, and outside wonders. Coupled with his adventuring is a passion for rock climbing, crawling up the rock faces to get higher vantage points to see the world in an even better perspective. If it isn't readily apparent already, Pragma's favorite activities are pretty much anything involving physical activity, but his favorite is wrestling. Growing up with Omini was a veritable smorgasbord of sneak attack wrestling matches and outright challenges of strength. Though considerably dwarfed and outmatched by the large Trispikorillian, Pragma refuses to give up and is rewarded over the years with a high physical prowess and an understanding of how to use an opponent's strength and size against them.

In regards to his relations with other Trolls, Pragma has never met one that he didn't want to be friends with, unless they didn't want to be friends with him. While this can confuse and frustrate him, his simplistic and straightforward nature trundles on without a second thought, accepting the fact that they are different but loving them just the same. However, Pragma is very territorial of himself and loved ones when threatened or provoked (physically, emotionally). Against Ominis best wishes, this was the one thing he couldn't change of Pragmas troll side. Examples could be a bully pushing him, harassing his friends, or not leaving them alone with the result being a punch to the face, smack against the head with his club, or a straight out wrestling brawl.

As for the hemospectrum, Pragma could care less. He is aware of it and understands the roles each color provides, but if he hit you over the head with his club would you still say "OW"? If the answer is yes, then you are just the same as him on the most basic of levels.

Hobbies/Interests: adventuring, rock climbing, wrestling
    Fears: swimming (doesn't know how)
    Dislikes: excessive heat, cold rain, rancid odors

Strengths:
    Strength/Endurance
    One of Pragma's most defining features is his formidable strength and endurance. Having grown up on the side of Busthind Mountain with Omini as his teacher and wrestle partner, Pragma's musculature has always been a point of envy for many different trolls. Able to climb the mountainside with the best of them, hold out in all temperatures, and fight tooth and knuckle until the trolls come home, Pragma is able to hold his own in the face of physical threat.

Calm Honor
    On the heels of Omini's pestering about calm temperaments and thinking before doing, Pragma is a stoic figure in the heat of battle. His focus is straightforward and blunt, always striving to do the right thing. His moral code is the almost textbook definition of chivalrous or a Earthling's "knight of old" without all the ye olde English. To offer even better examples, Pragma does his best to not cheat, lie, steal, or make inappropriate passes at any Troll of a physical or sexual connotation. When he does, he feels absolutely horrible, almost as if he blatantly disregarded all of Omini's teachings.

Flaws:
    Block-ish
    Upon meeting Pragma, many trolls seem to think of him as daft - the sun just not rising to its full peak. While he doesn't feel the need to speak every minute he is in another's presence and his voice/speaking pattern is slow and deep, helping to enforce this ideal, Pragma's intelligence isn't necessarily obsolete. Rather, he just so happens to be simplistic. He takes everything at face level, sarcasm is lost on him, and he doesn't understand the concept of "beating around the bush".

Gullible
    With his strict honor code, bright smile, and simple nature, Pragma can be someone who is easy to figure out. Once you figure him out, it's easy to get him to do what you want to do with even the most malicious intent. While he reacts negatively to bullies and evildoers, Pragma has yet to have experience with the non-canon bad boys who smile like friends and leer in the darkness. Does this fit your character? Then you can probably end up twisting Pragma into doing your bidding for eeevvillllll, wherein he won't realize until the very end you tricked him (if you're clever enough).

Weapon:
    A large club, perhaps later adorned with sharp objects to make it more offensive (similar to that of his Lusus, Omini)

Appearance:
    Pragma, in his younger years, is very much unaware of the concept of "style". Possessing a loping gait similar to that of his Lusus with long, somewhat muscular arms (for a kid), his most eclectic features is his horns, taking after that of Omini, sprouting from his temple and the center of his forehead, close to the hair line. He wears his hair somewhat shaggy around his chin/shoulders and wears only one simple ornament - a gold chain adorned with his own personal symbol. Other than that his outfit consists of a torn and ragged ensemble of open vest, pants, and a couple belts to hold it all up, all wearing a goofy smile. His body style is somewhat thick and compact, like a young powerbuilder.

Home:
    Pragma and Omini live in a your atypical cave on Busthind mountain, with the basic amenities needed for a Trispikorillian and a Troll. You can find their cave in the lower region close to the edges of the forest, yet far enough up that it's not visible from the treeline.

Lusus:
    Omini is a massive Trispikorillian, a bipedal knuckle-walker with large chests tapering to a thick waist, coupled with beefy arms and legs. However, the Trispikorillians' build isn't the only noticeable characteristics they possess as they have a tri-horned crown and spiked tail-mace to finish out their look. Thankfully the Trispikorillian race is a very peaceful and non-engaging race, only rising to anger when they or their charges are threatened. Omini is no exception to this rule as he watched endearingly over his young troll and did his best to impart patience and honor in his lessons, resulting in many headaches over the course of Pragma's growth. Eventually, though a trolls need for death and violence can never be truly culled, Omini was proud to see some of his preachings take hold.

Over the course of their relationship, Pragma and Omini are fiercely loyal to each other and do pretty much everything together. While Omini is not restrictive to Pragma's freedom and independence, the two find themselves so similar that they enjoy having the others presence at all times. Though that's not to be said the one can never be found without the other.

Omini also imparts a very strict understanding of the hemospectrum, but that no matter the color, everyone can bleed and die the same. Thus, no one should ever think themselves as inherently better, just that they have different roles in society.

((please don't judge me for this horrible sketch drawing of a Trispikorillian LOL))

Power:
    I am up to the option/suggestions, but I don't find it necessary nor required.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:00 pm
heya! first can you re-organize his profile so that it's in the original layout? we read so many of these it gets really disorienting when they're not set up in the same way @ v @;;

@personality
does pragma have any hobbies or habits? does he like engaging in certain activities? what does he do every day/where can he be found? this kinda stuff helps other people figure out how their troll can hang out with yours!

@calm honor
by 'right' do you mean 'honorable'? perhaps you could extrapolate on his code of conduct, what does he think is the 'right' thing to do? ie, place X over X, when in X situation always do X. the correct choice is always a subjective thing so it's kind of hard to really understand how he behaves just from the word right. u wu

@lack of a fighting spirit
i really don't see how this is a flaw, as he will defend himself from violent attacks. it seems good to be able to not respond to taunting and bullying? please explain how this causes a determent to him, personally. (even re: how other trolls think about him it doesn't seem to be a problem since he will defend himself if pushed far enough so he can't really be considered a coward, just stoic)

@open camraderie
there are lots of highblood trolls in this shop that don't have any particular problem in being chatted to by a lowblood. is there something particularly offensive about how he talks to others? is he the kind of person to make awkward personal remarks about the other troll, or doesn't know when to drop a conversation, or tends to be overly casual and intimate with strangers?

thanks!  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:49 pm
amicableAggressor

Thanks for the feedback and apologies about misordering the areas; I try to work bottom up so I reordered it for my mental process then must have put it back in the wrong way. :X

I've adjusted the areas you pointed out with the appropriate edits, colored in Pragma's orange! Some clarifications that may help and I didn't know how to put in otherwise:

@personality
I didn't know exactly where to place his favorite areas just yet because I imagine him to stick to the mountainside and forest areas as a kid until exposed to other Trolls from other areas that pique his interest in traveling there. For now he will most likely be content with exploring his home areas because there's so much to discover just there.

@lack of a fighting spirit
hmm, you are right. from my current understanding of reading through the information, I was under the impression that the Trolls would find his lack of a fighting nature (unless seriously provoked) a con due to their inherent violent nature by default. I deleted this one and removed Jovial (quoted below in case I want to bring it back), because I realized Jovial is pretty basic and sort of already implied elsewhere.

@open camraderie
this is sort of the same scenario as the fighting spirit trait. while I knew there were some Trolls in-shop who were okay with lowbloods, I was under the impression that the vast majority would be anti-lowblood. he doesn't do anything differently than a regular friendly person would do upon meeting another, other than actively trying to get to know the person in a very casual camaraderie. I reworked this trait to Gullible.

thanks for all your questions! helps me frame him better to this world. i'm not entirely comfortable with all the information just yet so it's definitely helpful. how does everything sound now?

Jovial
Seeing Pragma without a smile on his face is almost unheard of, as he is constantly doing his best to look on the bright side of things. While he doesn't take well to bullies and altercations, Pragma will always be the one to try and make friends with everyone around him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:18 pm
OrionDeltaOmega
heyhey! personality is looking good, if you could put those hobbies into paragraph format then that would be perfect.

@fighting spirit
for highbloods yes, being seen as weak is kinda a bad thing. but as you wrote, he will defend himself if a troll actually goes far enough rather than say, cry and run away. however, lowbloods are generally supposed to be more docile and less aggressive so he's actually falling more into the 'proper archetype' for his caste.

@open camraderie
oh yeah there are plenty of highbloods who will view him as a target or something to take advantage of or a tool, rather than a person.

thanks for putting the changes in orange! :U
i didn't feel jovial was a bad trait, as it's always good to try and get along with your fellow troll and make aquaintances.

either way, all your fixes are to my eyes perfect and i cannot find any flaws with them. if you put the thing into paragraph format i can accept him, however if you'd like to get some more strengths/flaws i can help brainstorm to expand them. lemme know!  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:04 pm
amicableAggressor
hobbies implemented and highlighted! ahhh, excited. * A* let me know if you have any other questions or need for clarifications. as for your offer to help brainstorm; I would love that! bouncing boards are always a good thing in my book and you (obviously) know way more about the world then I do so I'll always welcome your (or anyones) help!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:31 pm
*cartwheeling in with some extra clarifying questions*

To what extent has the hemospecturm impacted Pragma’s life? Considering how deeply blood color affects everything in Alternian culture, I’d like to know how his upbringing compares/contrats what he would have encountered through interacting with other trolls. Also, between Pragma’s protectiveness and his understanding of the hemospectrum, it seems likely that Pragma may lash out at a highblood. Does he understand the consequences of such an action? (Culling, in particular.) Does he moderate his attitude at all around highbloods, or does he literally view all trolls as relatively the same in status?

Why did Omni raise Pragma to be chivalrous? Considering the standard for Alternia is to be opportunistic and self-serving, this is an interesting point. Does Pragma recognize the difference between his moral standards and society’s? Does Omni?

Lookin' good!  

seekingCylem
Crew

Ice-Cold Cultist

9,875 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hygienic 200

OrionDeltaOmega

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:39 pm
seekingCylem
Hola seekingCylem, welcome! c:

To what extent has the hemospecturm impacted Pragma’s life? Considering how deeply blood color affects everything in Alternian culture, I’d like to know how his upbringing compares/contrats what he would have encountered through interacting with other trolls.
Omini has stressed the spectrum for its utilitarian purposes and the roles that trolls serve in their specific colors, but otherwise that's about all the pair views the spectrum. They don't see it as one color being better than the other and view all trolls as equals. Almost in the Earthling sense of "we all put our pants on one leg at a time". In regards to interacting with other trolls, he just wants to be on good terms with everyone and be friends.

Also, between Pragma’s protectiveness and his understanding of the hemospectrum, it seems likely that Pragma may lash out at a highblood. Does he understand the consequences of such an action? (Culling, in particular.) Does he moderate his attitude at all around highbloods, or does he literally view all trolls as relatively the same in status?
While he's protective, he's definitely not the aggressively violent type (in terms of just lashing out at one), unless they were all up in his grill or accosting his group. In fact, one of his main personality traits is to want to be friends with everyone (as mentioned early). So he will want to befriend them way before even wanting to fight them. But if a highblood were to, say, start pushing him around or victimize his group, he would definitely fight back physically with his fists or club.

Why did Omni raise Pragma to be chivalrous? Considering the standard for Alternia is to be opportunistic and self-serving, this is an interesting point. Does Pragma recognize the difference between his moral standards and society’s? Does Omni?
Through constant lecturing, bops on the head, and wrestling for dominance! Omini is definitely aware of the troll society's outlook, but it isn't in his nature to operate in that manner and it was a trait that he passed to Pragma. In this aspect, Pragma's "Gullible" trait comes into full play because he is not very aware of a typical trolls incessant need to self serve themselves only (for the most part) at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:01 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

amicableAggressor
Vice Captain

Versatile Vermin

Application Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas