Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
For my next trick I'm going to pull a whisk out of thin air!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:34 pm
Okay, so, a few months back my mother got tired of all our whisks getting destroyed by the utensil drawer. So she bought two new ones, one large the other tiny, and stuck them in a cup on a stove for use.

No one apparently informed my father of this; so while he and I have been trading off on cooking duty for the time while my mother has been away in Cali for the past few days, he apparently was looking for a whisk and couldn't find one.

Today I found he had made pulled pork, but the recipe is horrendous and was extremely sour and acidic. I told him about it, and we started trying to salvage the sauce which was the main flavor.

We added in a bunch of random stuff, brown sugar, sour cream (don't ask me, it was his idea) Ketchup, baking soda. I figured the little spoon I was using wouldn't be enough to stir all this in, I reached over and grabbed one of the whisks from the stove.

He looked at me and went "Where did you get that?"

So I told him that I got it from the stove. For him it was like I pulled the damn thing out of thin air.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:31 pm
Best. Cooking story. EVER!!! You should have said that you grabbed it from a little bag that's bigger on the inside.  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:39 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Best. Cooking story. EVER!!! You should have said that you grabbed it from a little bag that's bigger on the inside.
Yeah, I didn't rummage fail on that one.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:20 am
Hehe, that's awesome! xd

I love how you guys just immediately jumped to throwing in random ingredients when it tasted bad. My first reaction is basically to just go "Well, damn" and use a bottled sauce instead. xD

On the topic of whisks, I have this one weird whisk that you have to hold up vertically in the mixture and pump the handle up and down, and that makes it whirl almost like an electric mixer. It's a great tool, it's just very...suggestive. Once I pointed that out to my friend who was using it, she got this disturbed look on her face and refused to continue mixing. rofl  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 am
Hiddochi wolf
Hehe, that's awesome! xd

I love how you guys just immediately jumped to throwing in random ingredients when it tasted bad. My first reaction is basically to just go "Well, damn" and use a bottled sauce instead. xD

On the topic of whisks, I have this one weird whisk that you have to hold up vertically in the mixture and pump the handle up and down, and that makes it whirl almost like an electric mixer. It's a great tool, it's just very...suggestive. Once I pointed that out to my friend who was using it, she got this disturbed look on her face and refused to continue mixing. rofl
I was originally going to just throw baking soda in there (The way it fizzed! He had used a whole two cups of vinegar!) but then he suggested the sour cream, then the ketchup, then the other stuff. All the while I'm throwing more baking soda in there and watching it fizz. Finally we did give up and did use a bottled sauce, but that was after we tried doctoring the sauce first. It wasn't sour or acidic anymore, but the resulting flavor impressed neither of us. XD I think it was the sour cream that did it.

So he pulled a bottle of Hickory brown sugar BBQ sauce out of the cabinet and the microwave to finish the dish.

As for suggestive whisks... that sounds like fun. For making a squeamish person squirm. rofl I'm not... sensitive like that, but I would be willing to tease!

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games