Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
You don't believe in god but do you believe in someone else? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 2:22 am
Like pagans. I can't remember who it is that they believe in though. but anyway who here believes in domething other than god?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 3:56 am
god is the variable we assign to any greater being... no matter what, you would be worshiping god  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:03 am
Well my friend who is a pagan says he worships something else. I can't remember what though. Anyway by other than god I jsut mean like ganesha and what the pagans worship.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:44 am
Cloud0.0Strife
Well my friend who is a pagan says he worships something else. I can't remember what though. Anyway by other than god I jsut mean like ganesha and what the pagans worship.

they are still gods...  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:46 am
Yeah I know. i'm just asking if anyone believes in any gods that aren't called god.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:20 am
Cloud0.0Strife
Yeah I know. i'm just asking if anyone believes in any gods that aren't called god.

well, then yes... i believe in time

does that count?  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:40 am
I don't think so.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:48 pm
well, i mean... time is all knowing... and has always been...  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:26 pm
But time is not actually an existing being. It is just something humans use to organise their life.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:02 pm
Prove that... prove that God isnt time, or Time isnt god... TIme doesnt exsist... we messure the time that an electron takes to orbit a nucli of hydrogen and define time by that  

agrab0ekim

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:15 am
agrab0ekim
Prove that... prove that God isnt time, or Time isnt god... TIme doesnt exsist... we messure the time that an electron takes to orbit a nucli of hydrogen and define time by that

I hate arguing with you you always win. So why did I start a thread so we could argue? Anyway I admit defeat will someone else answer my question please?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:38 am
Nope. I am a strict Atheist, and a skeptic. If it cannot be proven to exist, then it doesn't.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:38 pm
Dathu
Nope. I am a strict Atheist, and a skeptic. If it cannot be proven to exist, then it doesn't.

can you prove that it doesnt?

See, if you accept the logic of can you prove then there is no gravity, no air, no electrons, no atom, no mass, no anything... Nothing can be proven  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:18 pm
agrab0ekim
Dathu

See, if you accept the logic of can you prove then there is no gravity, no air, no electrons, no atom, no mass, no anything... Nothing can be proven
That doesn't apply logically. You can't prove that there aren't invisable pink monkeys above you head, but I would hope you would dissmiss such a notion due to the likelyhood of me just making it up. Therefore, without evidance I must assume it not to be. It's kind of like the American legal system. We say "innocent until proven guilty" because we go by the situation before the accusation. Before I claimed there were pink monkeys above your head, such an idea never existed. Now I am claiming there are, so I must prove that there are. If I can not, then by the logic of our legal system, there are none. And you are innocent. If you accept the ideology of no proof means either could be right, then all one would have to do is make an accusation, with absolutely no evidance, and that person would be just as likely to be right as wrong. I simply refuse to agree with that, because I see no logic in it.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

agrab0ekim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:42 pm
Dathu
agrab0ekim
Dathu

Therefore, without evidance I must assume it not to be.

show me evidence of gravity? or light? or life? or existence... You can not show evidence of any of these things... It is not possable, as evidence is defined by different people and interpreted that way  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff