Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Northern Tundra
[PRP] Breaking The ice (Va'lore x Mason)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Khit Khat

Dapper Pup

1,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:31 pm
User Image
Va'lore made her way across the snowy land, she could feel the sun on her back and she knew it would be a nice day. Today she would wander somewhere new and unfamiliar, this would mean new routes and figuring out the land without any help of her eyes. She listened to the wind and the sound of her paws to guide. Her nose alert for any scents she may pick up in the air. She walked with such grace you would not have thought she was blind, if not for the glazed blue absent stare that gave it away.

The breeze picked up riffling her thick coat and sending a cool breeze through her pelt. It felt so nice to get out of her cave and wander somewhere new. It was almost like painting a new picture for her imagination and sh could only think the possibilities of what this land must look like. Home, she imagined it as being the most beautiful place on earth and to her it was.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:04 pm
User Image
Mason sat in about the middle of a fair sized patch of packed snow a huge block of ice before him. He stared, deep in thought, at the chunk of rough hewn ice. If you used your imagination, it could resemble a featureless, blocky B'alam. Mason considered it a moment longer before leaning back on his hind legs, extending his gray paws towards the ice. Keeping his balance with ease his chisel rose up and began to carefully chip away at the ice. His eyes focused as he envisioned how each strike would bring about the desired outcome.  

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

Khit Khat

Dapper Pup

1,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:17 pm
Va'lore was walking when her ears heard something, she turned in the direction she had thought she had heard it and listened. She could definitely hear the sound of something scraping on ice, she was not sure what it was but decided to head there and find out. As she got closer the sound become louder and the smells of another Balam filled her noise. Cautiously but calmly she approached making sure to not startle whoever it was.

"Hello?.." She called out in a calm and steady voice as she paused where she was, she did not want to get to near in case she would not be welcomed. She could not however smell any more scents, just the one. She tried to imagine why she was hearing that scraping sound and what he could possibly be doing.

She stood very still and tried to look in the direction she imagined he was, she was not sure if she was looking at him but for her sake hoped she was.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:34 pm
Mason heard the crunching of snow as She approached him, but he didn't look up or react. He remained intent and focused, chipping away, until she spoke. His chisel paused before striking the ice, paws extended almost as if he meant to try and grab the tool from the air. He gave her a glance followed by a noncommittal grunt before turning back to continue chipping away. He didn't know who she was or what she wanted, but he could clearly tell by her unfocused eyes that she was blind. What could a blind B'alam want from him, a sculptor.

Khit Khat

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

Khit Khat

Dapper Pup

1,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:31 pm
Va'lore listened as she heard him stop and was immediately let down by not a response but rather a grunt. She heard as he continued to make that scraping sound. She felt a bit of hurt as she was ignored and debated turning and walking away. However she was tired of turning and walking away and decided to stand up for herself. "Just because I cannot see does not mean you can just act as though you aren't here" She said her voice cool and calm but firm as well. She took a few steps closer letting her heightened senses pick up more of what he was doing. As she focused she could now clearly hear the sounds of Ice chipping. "Your creating something" she said again firmly refusing to not be acknowledged. She let her paws guide her around listening to the sounds before she dare venture closer to him or his creation.

I--LiveWire--I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm
He had expected one of the two typical replies when he gave a dismissive grunt, while working. Pestering questions/demands in spite of his silence, or turning and leaving him to his work. Her reaction was not what he had expected and his chisel stopped and dropped to the snow as Mason left out a short, gruff chuckle. He put all four of his feet back on the ground as she took several steps closer, he turned his gaze to the blind female. "My dear, it has nothing at all to do with you being blind." He shook his furry head, a smile on his face. "I meant not to offend you. I have just learned to tune out distractions while I'm working." He continued, his tone warm, despite his gruff voice. He watched her as she circled around his rough cut ice figure, trying to figure out what he was doing.

Khit Khat

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

Khit Khat

Dapper Pup

1,225 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:59 pm
Va'lore stopped where she was as he spoke, she felt enlightened by the change of tone in his voice. His chuckle was very rough and gruff and it helped her paint a better image of him. She could hear as he went on all fours and got closer to her, she did not feel threatened however. She was reassured by the soft note in his voice that gave warmth and kindness as he was even somewhat apologetic.

"Working..." She said the word once to herself before turning in the direction of his voice "What work is it that you do?" She said with curiosity in her voice. She soon realized she had not even introduced herself. "Apologies..I go by Va'lore, and what is your name?" She shifted her paws to be more comfortable and relaxed. She felt a light breeze through her fur that felt refreshing and yet the sun gave it's warmth on her back.

I--LiveWire--I

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:27 am
Mason's smile didn't diminish as the blind female was the first to genuinely inquire as to what sort of work he did. He couldn't help but find it a nice change from the sarcastic or demeaning tone that question was usually delivered with. His smile was not one often seen on his gruff face, but genuine curiosity was something he did not often encounter. "I am Mason, a craftsman of ice and stone." He replied in his gruff voice, an unmistakable note of pride within. "A pleasure to meet you my dear Va'lore." He looked into her blind unfocused eyes as he spoke, as though she could see as well as any other. It was indeed nice to meet others that where not pestering him about a project of begging to impart wisdom upon their dense heads.

Khit Khat

I--LiveWire--I

Merry Hoarder

[ RP Zone ] The Northern Tundra

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas