A question thingie and rant...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akoti

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:38 pm
Ok, I have a few questions that might turn out to be a huge rant, and I'm really sorry about that D:

A bit of backstory: I have had three mental illnesses from the time I was born and they were all confirmed by my fifth birthday. I have never been told much about my mental illnesses save for the fact I need to take medicine everyday (Which I do.) and that I should talk to my doctor and my parents when I'm older. I figured some things out on my own, which partially prompts this rant/question post. I have bipolar disorder, ADHD, and Aspberger's.

I was taught never to do the following:

Yell for any reason other than rape or other crime occuring
Cry for extended periods of time (Which I guess would mean I have my depressive side of the bipolar 'taking control'?)
Watch more than three episodes of a show on end (Due to the fact at least one of my mental illnesses causes addiction)
Not play any game, offline or online, for more than two or so hours a day (Exact time varies depending on which parent is in the house at the time or if they are both in the house; the reason is that I can get addicted)
Laugh too loudly (Apparently something about how I bug people when I laugh loudly and I might be getting manic again.)

Can someone please tell me why these household rules might exist for me and how they help me out? My parents won't tell me anything about the reason or my mental illnesses... I'm 17, turning 18 in a week.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:03 pm
it sounds like your parents are just looking out for you. Also because of the mental illnesses your parents probably noticed things they should be concerned about and built rules around them so you would follow. They also probably came up with them as a way to control the conditions of the mental illnesses.

The rules may help you control your quirks. Now that you're older maybe you can talk to your parents about it. My boyfriend is autistic and his parents helped him control his quirks with physical exercise. I imagine your parents rules are similar. They also could have been developed because of a lack of an understanding about your conditions.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces