Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:28 pm

User Image
11/12/2014

I would like to wish a happy belated Veteran's day to every member of Rev:Gaia who has served in the military. No matter where you are from or which branch you have served in, we thank you for putting your time, effort, and even your very life on the line to protect us all.

Hey everyone and welcome to this week's ATG, we're a day late this week but we're here!
Guild Stuff:
Our crew has decided to start giving away a monthly award! Our member of the month will receive their accolades in an announcement, be featured in the ATG and receive one sealed MC for the month they are selected as well as possibly other prizes. The member will be chosen on the 15th of each month so keep an eye out!

Planning for our fall event is going swimmingly thanks to our new guild event coordinator Love Renewed! This will be a week long event and it will end on Thanksgiving. We'll have games and prizes and all kinds of delicious fun so check it out when it opens up!

-If you were going to participate in certain movements we coordinate, what would they be?
A walkout or protest?
The arenas?
Moar letters?
A forum takeover?
A dressup day/week?
Let us know! We haven't seen much participation in our attempts recently and I want to get that number up. We need to show the rest of the community how passionate we are!

-Have you checked out the shops here in the guild lately? Pwnder, myself, and others are offering items at low prices just for you!
-There are also plenty of giveaway threads, contest and raffles going on around here that you guys need to jump on before they are all gone heart

-Do you have games, contests, or other things you want to see for events? Do you have ideas in general? Quote Love Renewed with them!
(^Added by LR)

Gaia Stuff
Our beloved zOMG is gone. How do you feel? Are you angry like I am? Do you believe the excuses given by Gaia?

Tentacl is also going to be pushing up daisies as of December. While many of us are just relieved by this we do understand that some of you may have enjoyed the site. My heartfelt regards go out to those of you who had found a home there.

Anything I missed? Let me know!

Added By Pwnder:

Let's keep supporting each other. Nenanah has recreated a guild update petition that pretty much every Gaian should sign
The Ultimate Guild Update Petiton Sign it!! emotion_donotwant

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:45 pm
I do feel a bit sad that zOMG has gone down, even though I didn't constantly play zOMG. It was a wonderful place where me and others on my friends list made RPs on and we had fun hanging out. Many screenies of that place.

I'm a bit on the bar about Gaia's reasons for taking down the game. I don't want to say that Gaia staff are a bunch of monsters and they took it down because they didn't get any money from it, ect ect. Though, I do hope another game in the future can replace zOMG, or even have the entire game on an overhaul revamp with new codes and such.

Ewui

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200

BelfryBat

Apocalyptic Rogue

21,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:57 pm
I am unhappy about zOMG! Very. The only quest I have ever had was for a bloodbat. That will never happen now.....I am more unhappy with their lies. They did not intend to put it back up. *sighs*

I won't miss Tentacl either. I went to the landing page one time, and I wondered, just like I wondered in the past...Why does G ever invest in other things, when they could have the corner on so many markets if they actually invested in www.gaiaonline.com??????

Thank-you for reading. smile ...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:15 pm
I'm upset about zOMG!
Gaia should have never layed off the developers that created that games code.
There could have been a better solution, but they took the lazy way out.
Gaia needs to make more of an effort to keep experienced devs for the current features, they need to quit kicking s**t under the rug.
Anyway it sucks for the alchemists that need zOMG! loot for formulas.
I'm nervous about what is going to happen next... emotion_8c

With Tentacl...
I'm happy that that dumb site got canned.
I think it gave the CEO a good wake up call.
Listen to your userbase if you want a good turn out.

Nenanah

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:44 pm
As with anyone else. I'm unhappy that zOMG is gone. However, I'd like to believe that it is down for a good reason. I'd also like to believe that perhaps one day, there will be a reboot or some other better game, with better code that won't have a gaping hole that hackers can exploit.

In the meantime, we'll simply have to go through the stages of grief in our own, special ways...

*goes to buy several bags of candy*  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:21 pm
I had thought I was ready for zOMG! to be another casualty of the current Gaia staff's inept handling of the site, but the announcement really hit me hard. I couldn't bring myself to log in for five days, couldn't see the point of it. The only thing that brought me back was my friends and the fact that while on another site I'd heard Tentacle had bit the dust.
While I don't entertain much hope, I can't help but feel perhaps this might be a good thing for Gaia. What do you guys think? Will more attention be paid to this site now?

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

mill glitch

Dapper Pumpkin

15,025 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:22 pm
I'm very sad zOMG! is gone. I didn't play it as much as I should but I still loved what it offered to Gaia as a whole. I'm very worried for the other features on this site that will get axed now that zOMG! is finally gone after a long wait of "Will this stay?"

As for Tentacl many suspected it was a waste of money from the start and the funding should have gone to Gaia instead. Perhaps with the funding used for Tentacl it could have been allocated to hire programmers to fix zOMG! Oh well though I guess that's just wishful thinking sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:58 pm
Charismatic Loyal
As with anyone else. I'm unhappy that zOMG is gone. However, I'd like to believe that it is down for a good reason. I'd also like to believe that perhaps one day, there will be a reboot or some other better game, with better code that won't have a gaping hole that hackers can exploit.

In the meantime, we'll simply have to go through the stages of grief in our own, special ways...

When I'm upset, sometimes I like to shop if I have a buck or two to spend. To cope with this one I spent about 70b of my own personal gold buying up the Revolution series items for my collection. I just let gold into the economy. sweatdrop

Flynn's Plunder has been ignored all week so there was nothing to bid on. sad  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:31 pm
I spent 13b for Rosamund's corruption. I've been questing it forever and it was the lowest it's been in a long while so I grabbed it.

No regrets though.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:42 pm
I cheated on my Rosamund's set.. I did the $25 swag bucks offer and bought the bundle when it got down to 2499gc no regrets there >.<

As for zomg I am just really upset. I am feeling a lot better then I was a week ago. But still upset. I don't really care to be on Gaia any more. I am still addicted but slowly attempting to separate myself.
As for tencle I think my joy for this is what came to bite me in the butt for zomg.
And like I keep saying not to be a debbie downer but I don't see a bright feature for alchemy either. I mean they even said at one of the ATS that they might be retiring it soon. So I see all this as one evil plan but that's just me.  

Izzy Derp
Crew

Smitten Fairy

33,800 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:58 pm
Pwnder
Charismatic Loyal

When I'm upset, sometimes I like to shop if I have a buck or two to spend. To cope with this one I spent about 70b of my own personal gold buying up the Revolution series items for my collection. I just let gold into the economy. sweatdrop

Flynn's Plunder has been ignored all week so there was nothing to bid on. sad

Don't feel too bad. I wanted to have the Crooked Ringmaster set so badly when it was newly introduced. At the time, the lowest I could find for for 45- 50 bil. So I have three that were at that price range.

Now? They're around 10 bil. Same can be said for the Pumpkin Reaper and Angelic Reapers (either of which I'd also like to have one day, but it more just to have than to wear).

XD

In any case, I'm sure we'll get that gold sunk soon enough.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:03 pm
xx I met my fate xx
I spent 13b for Rosamund's corruption. I've been questing it forever and it was the lowest it's been in a long while so I grabbed it.

No regrets though.

And no regrets you should have, mon capitan.  

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:45 pm
Super sad about zOMG even though it was confusing for me. I suck at MMOs, even basic ones.

Also: Was I too aggressive in the ATS thread?
sweatdrop

edit: also the new banner is pissing me off, it literally reminds me of zOMG (slightly) like they're rubbing it in our faces now.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:09 pm
its a curse
Super sad about zOMG even though it was confusing for me. I suck at MMOs, even basic ones.

sweatdrop

edit: also the new banner is pissing me off, it literally reminds me of zOMG (slightly) like they're rubbing it in our faces now.
They said a big announcement about zOMG rings, power-ups, summons, and more is coming, maybe it has to do with that.  

Love Renewed

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:57 am
its a curse

sweatdrop

I thought you were perfect in ATS. <3
As for the banner, I'm pretty sure they just did the theme of this month's RIG because the new WoW expansion came out last night and DA:I is coming out on the 18th. They probably weren't thinking but it is annoying seeing it and thinking "You asshats..."

They have some big announcement today. I'm nervous.

OH and did anyone notice that the inventory arranger preview we were waiting for never showed up?  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff