Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters
[FIN]The changing of the Tides [Gundisalv x Riptide] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:24 pm
User Image

The day was beautiful. The sun shone brightly high above surrounded by delightful, puffy, white clouds with a deep blue sky as the back drop. The breeze that kicked off the rippling and glittering water curled through the fur of a lone brave male patrolling the Water Tribe's territory. The blue male with his large body and braids made his way to where many of his brethren roamed and began creating the soul of their water tribe. It was not often that Gundisalv entered the main area where the rest of his tribe made their homes and families as he only lingered in one specific part that served many functions as his meditation spot, training area and home.

Gundisalv looked around to ensure that everyone was safe. Considering that his army of braves had yet to grow he took a lot of responsibilities in the security of his tribe until those that have already found their path and calling with him were sufficiently trained to carry some responsibilities. The large blue male took his time giving the occasional nod or greeting to those he would cross paths with. That too was odd as Gundisalv never ever took his time to walk through anything while on patrol on less it were the more vulnerable spots of their territory.

There seemed to him that a reason for taking his time to comb through everyone around him....a sort of expectation of his tribers. No an expectation of a single triber to come truly cross his path that might very well be impacting and important. Gundisalv had those feelings from time to time. They were the very same feelings that came to him where his first two braves in training came to him: Sahasi and Verya. Both females showed the drive and passion which was absolutely admireable. Of course if he had to lead an army of females then so be it so long as they didn't get in each others way with their female wiles or what not.

Grunting softly to himself, Gundisalv stopped to look around in what seemed to be like a common square for everyone to gather around. It seemed that even though the tribe was still young and beginning, it was astounding to see the life that already has flourished. Soon enough they will be a big and thriving tribe, which meant that Gundisalv needed to get his manual and basic training along with important specializations in order quickly! That includes of course adding to the the first ranks of brave in training. Perhaps by chance he will encounter someone here who would be interested.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Sorry about the extreme delay. I wanted this to come out as good as possible to set up a good meeting point for them. I hope its alright. If you need me to change anything let me know![/quote

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:21 am
Riptide

It was a full day for the ebony and azure Tahtil, name RipTide. Since the waking hours, the Balam had been hard at work creating something he believed as waterkin and all B'alam alike would enjoy. He has came across such a idea by a Earth Triber while they where traveling, and it was something he actually like the idea of. It was a arena like style of fighting, something where all clans could come together in kinship for the sport of battle. As grand of a idea as it was, they lacked one thing as a tribe to apart of this...a meeting place, let alone a ring. So, the devoted Tahtil, for the last few days had been hard at work to construct such a thing. Often his dark pelt could be seen walking in and out of the tribe square with items that he traded, worked and asked for. Such a endeavor was almost done.

At current moment, Ruby encrested paws padded their way past a few of the working memebers of the tribe, a large sack-cloth with an asortment of items, jingled and swayed from a gripped maw. His front paws kept a even timed trot to not interfere with the movement of the tools. Head held high, he did his best to keep the bag from dropping on the ground. Though he looked like a cub with an oversize stuffed-animal kill in his maw, and admittly rather silly. Proud, but still really silly. RipTide didn't pay any mind to the over curious looks that seemed to question why he wouldn't use his telakanious. The Balam had his reasons, a few of them actually: One, his jawles where being strengthened, by the work and two, he wanted to save the engery he had for work. Work, was something he found he liked doing and he found their wan nearly enough time in the day for it.

Focused on his task, and line of sight RipTide didn't seem to notice the vary unique and powerful leader of the Braves strolling though the square. The leader, how he would respectfully greet another every now and then. No, Rip was on a mission, he had a task to be done. His high bouncing tail, seemed to announce that it was something he was quite proud of and enjoyed doing....

Krusnik05
I like it, and no worries-I was super busy all week and what not. Let me know the same. smile

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:12 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
=D Its all good loves. I didn't want you to think that I forgot or flaked. I didn't want to rush the epicness of this role play! It's a great introduction and has a lot of ideas rolling!

Gundisalv had noticed the others around him looking not at him but at another of their fellow tribers who carried an overly large sack full of items that were being carried on his back to an undisclosed location. It was undisclosed considering that the Brave was generally a recluse when he wasn't training and that accounted for the lack of knowing the consistent going-on's in the tribe. That also counted for the fact that he didn't strike the interest of any females long enough to at least talk to him. Of course, that was for another time and story.

For now curiosity struck Gundisalv in wanting to know what this male by the name of RipTide was doing. After all he was impressed by the obvious growing physical strength and the enjoyment of working, of hard work and working hard. Now that was a quality that he admired. Especially when it came to his Brave which he has already seen in those already recruited. They took his training to heart. They took to the hard work and he would even push them as hard as they could go until they surpassed that level to go onto the next one.

Sure it sounded that Gundisalv was a challenging and difficult leader but he wanted his Braves to know that they were capable of anything when they worked hard. That they were able to push themselves to the fullest of their abilities and to be proud of their accomplishments. Gundisalv wanted his Braves to be an inspiration of inner strength and a positive influence on everyone including the next generation of cubs that have begun to pop up.

With those thoughts swirling through his mind, the blue male followed after RipTide silently wanting to see if RipTide was at least a bit aware that he was being followed but also to see what RipTide was doing or going to do.

This could very well be what his instincts might be pointing to. Gundisalv will find out soon enough and hopefully he didn't bother or annoy RipTide by his sudden appearance. One thing Gundisalv didn't want to be was an unwelcome company.

[ Radical Dreamer ] rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:30 pm
(Perception check Above 10)

As he left the majority of the square, RipTide's dark ear flicked off to the side as he sensed another following after him. Ebony paws, carried the Tahtill into white soft sands that bordered the water tribe. Teal eyes slipped to the corner of his gaze, as ears quickly tuned into the soft and vary quite 'thud' behind him. Kicking back his head, his maw lifted up the sack from ground.

Ahead of him, about 200 yards from the tribe square, and about 50 from the ocean side was a circular arena was imprinted in the sands. There had be a mess of things that RipTide had gathered, bags filled with sand, boxes, precious shells, rope, sea rocks as well as an asortment of other things. The ring of the arena, that formed the 'boundery' was line by a collection blue wavylike stones. All of which he fished from the sea, each and everyone one was embed into the sands, forming a perfect ring. Which was obviously made done and measured by a rock and rope.

Setting the bag down, Riptide troted over to the ring. Inspecting it, his tail dusted over the rocks making the ring more visible, from the gain of sands the wind tossed over them. The whole time he worked, his back faced the Blue brave as he focused on his task-still vary aware he was there.

"Nii'nooke (Good Morning) Brother, what brings you to my humble arena?" RipTide spoke, Turning himself his voice rich and deep with confandance as he greeted the Brave leader. Upon looking at the great warrior, RipTide respectfully dipped his head.

krusnik05
with you? I could never see that happening. Lol. I am glad you like it, thank you.?it shall be fun.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:25 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
I'm curious about that die roll >>

Gundisalv watched and followed the male before him yet with RipTide in his direct line of sight, the large blue male looked quickly around the area they were entering with a quick assessing glance. There were many things gathered littered all over the area with one specific area outlined in a circular shape. The curiosity within him great an inch just a visible good impression graced his fierce features.

This was a rather interesting task RipTide took upon himself and even more so....Gundisalv was very impressed by the hard work, the passion and the dedication that this male was showing. Now those were qualities admirable and even perfect for Braves.

Finally RipTide turned around to acknowledge Gundisalv with a greeting and a respectful nod. In return, the Brave nodded deeply in respect moving close to RipTide and stood at his side. "Greetings brother. I am here out of a instinctive curiosity." There powerful male tilted his head to the side to glance at RipTide with a hint of peeking curiosity in his vibrant blue eyes, "What sort of arena is this you are creating?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:48 am
Krusnik05
oh that. Lol I was seeing if he noticed Gundisalv or not. He succeed his perception check. Any roll I make, unless it's a surprise I state what they have to beat to succeed it. oh hey! Did you want my AiM?.)

RipTide's ear flicked and turned as The brave walked closer. Rasing his head, he noted the repectful greeting he gave was returned in honor. Well, that was nice of him.

As Gundisalv stood beside him, Rip's tail rose a little and it's tip crooked in to a 'c'. He was interested in his arena?! Well, not really his-but he was making it-BUT the brave leader was the first to actually take notice. That after all was quite a feat. Gundisalv's reputation did after all wonderfully proceed him, in a grand fashion. That, and curiosity was a amazing thing...

"This Arena, I plan to hold brawls between any b'alam that wishes to face me." RipTide's chest proudly puffed at the statement, his front paws pushed together.

His puffed stance fell in a chuckle. "Or well for anyb'alam that wishes to Brawl actually." RipTide smiled as he turned his head to the Brave. Taking a sit down on his hunches his paw rose a little in a gesture.

"I got the idea from a passing Earther, that was looking for someb'alam." The Tahtil, stated not thinking it fair of him to claim the idea all his own.

"But I liked it so much, so..." Eyes turned around to look at the ring. "I thought I would try my paw at creating one. I guess every tribe he visited he mentioned starting it, or so a WindKin tells me." RipTide finished in a shrug, most likily over informing the Brave.

The Tahtil then nodded. Yep, they was the jest of it.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:40 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
That sounds absolutely interesting! Is that for a personal stat for that character? Sure I would be honored to have your AIM, if you would like mines as well.

The Brave leader listened attentively to the words coming from RipTide. It was rather interesting the concept that he was describing about this arena even as the mention of obtaining this concept from an Earth triber. Gundisalv had never seen one or any other tribe that he's heard whispers about, at least the whispers he's been able to come across. Even a Windkin speaking to RipTide!

With those words swirling in his mind the male's wheels were turning with smooth clickings and clankings trying to work out a few things that struck him or might have struck him. One question did come to mind. "Tell me what is there to gain from this creation and the intention of a Brawl? You wish to hold brawls against those who wish to face you yet do you not feel others will be at a disadvantage in strength, stamina, endurance, and skill among other things needed? Also....do you intend to keep this for our tribe only or an open invitation for others we know very little about to enter our territory?"

The last question was a security concern but Gundisalv wanted to get to know the insights of RipTide. He wanted to get to know the male to propose another question that was forming in his mind as they sat there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:16 pm
Krusnik05
(I do it to give the rp a little more unpredictablity, as for the stat, it just depends-I think what they are doing and how focused they are with what and think of a number that seems fair. I don't have a list lol.
Of course. ^_^)

RipTide's head tilted and his tail rose and fell Midly as he looked to the Brave. His ears remained, perked and interested to his intrigue of questions. A lot of them he didn't fully consider, he would however-answer them to his best ability.

"I don't think their is anything to gain, except glory and the sadifaction of a good brawl." The B'alam admitted with a shrug, from what he understood it was like a 'club' or a 'clan'.

"And you only know how strong someone is in experience, it's not my business to judge another." Rip answered the second of a string of questions.

And then the ringer of the questions. Something the Water Triber didn't think about, admittly.

"Hm." The Tahtill brought a paw to his maw and his claws unshieved themselves to comb his chin scruff in deep considering thought. His tail shifted in a sway.

"No intention meant, just not considered." RipTide was easy to admit, his paw moving from his chin to guesture at the air and Gundisalv.

"I would like, others outside our tribe, but not at the risk of our own." He added, "forgive me for my slight flaw of hindsight." The Tahtill spoke moving his head to the back of his head and he brushed his mane nervously forward. His dark head, tipped a bit forward in caught embressament.

Sighing, Rip looked back to the ring. He had worked hard on it, but he could move it further away.

"What do you suggest?" The Tahtil spoke, surely their leader of defense would have an idea of what to do.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:56 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
[I think that's absolutely fascinating!

Again Gundisalv listened to RipTide's words to the questions that were answered incredibly. Gundisalv quirked his tail at the answers about what a b'alam would gain and about strength. "Perhaps but so long at you prompt a positive outlook to improve one's strength and the unity so as not to allow the much darker emotions of greedy and arrogance to make something you are showing such passion for to be tainted." He said which was a big compliment and something rare for him to give.

Turning his head to look at RipTide with a blank face that rather softened his fierce face a tiny bit, Gundisalv shook his head slightly. "I'm sure, RipTide, that in your determination, passion and excitement for what you are creating would not have allowed these other important details to come into your mind." Looking back at the ring, the blue male thought a bit with his tail tapping the ground lightly.

"Perhaps you would be interested in making more use of his arena for not just your brawls but for perhaps.....several braves who wish to better their physical training?" Gundisalv raised a brow at RipTide. "Such a space would be helpful to a group of them where they may train closer to their dens and show their families and tribe what they have been training on. They will have the training grounds in the area I have designated near the lake but consider this RipTide. You may have the added protection of the braves during those events of outsiders entering here for brawls as none would know who is a brave. It would be a way of thank you for giving the braves another home to train and use their skills in this arena but also perhaps giving a few lessons."

With those words another question popped into Gundisalv's head and he hoped that it being asked would not impose too much on RipTide's time. That would horrify the Brave leader and that was something while he might not show facially it would still be there inside him and might take time to get over. "Have you ever considered becoming a Brave?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:31 pm
Krusnik05
(I like the edge it gives on a story, and unperdictablity. However, it sucks sometimes. *cough* Nikita's rolls. Sorry for the delay)

(sorry about any spelling errors.)

Riptide only nodded to Gundislv's words and compliment to his character. It was more then he could have thought to ask for, and recived with honor.

"Thank you, Gundisalv, I didn't think I fitting to recive such a declariation." Rip was greateful to receive with a little nod. "And yes I only wish on unlifting another's character, not distorying it."

Though, Rip liked a good Brawl-which he didn't do too well agaisn't that Earth tirber, even though he lost-the travel only spured him on and boast of Rip's character and skill-though he was the one that lost.

The Tahtil chuckled, and his tail flicked a little in amusement to Gundisalv's chosen words of Rip's hindsight.

"Perhaps." Rip could only agree with a smile.

Ear's perked and stood at attention to Gundisalv's suggestion. Why, yes! That was a grand idea!

"Why, I would be honored to have such warriors to make use of the arena." Riptide's features expanded in excitement, as his maw seemed to rise like the tide.

Gundisalv's next comment came up on Riptide like a sneaker wave.

"I haven't." The Brawler, stated. Surprised at the inquiry. His dark tail rose at a thought.

"Forgive me," RipTide spoke, hoping the following comment wasn't too bold. "but are you asking?"

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:09 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
That is awesome! And no worries about the delay loves, real life comes first

Gundisalv was surprised by the gratitude of his truthful words. At least he was surprised on the inside as he kept up with his emotionless yet calm demeanor. The large male didn't often give complements or praise but when he did they were meant with great sincerity. He was very much interested in the possibilty of utilizing the space for his braves to have a much more stable area for them to train. That way when it came to mediation time for them the space they are using for training can just be what it is, mediation and a place of learning with their element of water.

"I will greatly appreciate and be more honored to let them have another place of training. You have great potential and I would like to see it thrive."

Coming to the main question the brave male was silent for several minutes. The breeze kicked off from the water, softly ruffling his fur as the male lifted his head up slightly. "In the short moment of observance, I witnessed determination, passion and a thriving for knowledge. You are doing something that takes everything that one is in order to accomplish this great task you have set for yourself.

In the same respects, you have a physical strength that comes from the hard work it takes to accomplish this great task. With that physical strength there is inner strength and those are many qualities that make a brave.

In a philosophical sense our tribe represent those qualities but the calling of duty is not for everyone. Either you feel the call or the call will come to you in unexpected ways should you exhibit those deep rooted qualities that make a brave and be able to uphold the standards and lifestyle asked of you.

I believe that you would be successful in this calling RipTide. I believe that you can learn the skills necessary to become a great warrior like the ones who have already joined. I believe RipTide in you."

Gundisalv turned to look at RipTide with an intense gaze. "It is out of curiosity and hope that you consider this mantle to take on. Your interaction with others outside of this tribe in another respect would be valuable to know more about them and how better to interact with them should they be invited to our territory."

The brave male hoped that RipTide was not offended by his words and hoped that he truly does consider this.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:05 pm
exclaim
Krusnik05
lol! Yeah, it helps out when I don't know what I want them to do some times too. Thank you. ^_^. Yes, thanks (again.) this month and next is really busy for a courier like me. Playing Santa and everything. Won't be around much at Christmas time. Sadly.)

A smile rest on Riptide's Maw as His respected Brave leader spoke of his desire for his warriors to use the area. The Tahtil, couldn't help but nod in agreement. It was a grand idea and he was glad that Gundisalv had thought to request it.

Feeling the breeze ruffle his fuzzy ear tuffs, Rip's tail tip rose and fell in thought as he listened to the Brave. His chest swelled with pride hearing the commitment in the leader's voice. Watching the determination that roared in his eyes. It was so amazing and almost so intense, it was almost unsettling, (in a good way) as those fiery eyes turned and placed themselves on him. So passonate! It Was almost as overcoming as a unannounced tide! Rip's ears bounced down as he almost felt he couldn't look the Brave in the eye. He fought the ugre and looked back at the other Tahtil. He had seen eyes like this once before.

For someone that was so stoic, his sight cried and roared magantuides!

Swallowing, Riptide almost felt he couldn't take it-his body wanted to shake-and he refused to show it! He only puffed more and tightened his stance, paws gripped the sands. It was intimadating, with how powerful, Gundisalv's where. They where so driven, so pointed-so prideful, it caused and urged Riptide's own spirit to roar with a mighty resolve.

"I -would be- honored." It was all that Rip could manage as he stood in a strict stance, finding that if he put the muscles to work-they wouldn't shake.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:05 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
You are most welcome ^___^ Also it's all good loves. Take care of those important moments in your life. It's going to be busy for everyone lol

Looking away to not scare RipTide half or fully to death with his intense gaze, Gundisalv gave the area around them the look instead. It wasn't intentional that he would give that sort of look to anyone it just came naturally to the brave leader. Relaxing a small bit at RipTide's words, Gundisalv nodded. "I am pleased RipTide for I and the rest of the Braves would be very honored to have you in our ranks. However please finish your task here. It would be important to me to see your success before you consider committing yourself as a Brave.

I do realize that this arena is a part of you. You should know that I have no wish to keep you from this. However consider the possibilities of being a Brave, RipTide. I would like to see you develop what you have into greatness."
Gundisalv said thoughtfully. "Should you need any help in the construction of this arena you but simply have to ask. I offer it because we are brothers of our tribe and should lead by the positive example of helping one another." Even if Gundisalv is the most unapproachable type of male in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:02 pm
Krusnik05
Why, Thank you! Super busy lol!

Riptide responded with a nod, how amazing and honorable The Brave leader was. Such a gesture, was more evidence to fallow him. RipTide was even more sure, he would be a Brave. Surely, just as spoken he would do well in the ranks. Oh, he did hope so...

To be the best there ever was, be a B'alam's b'alam. He must be Swift as a coursing river, as forceful as a great typhoon, as strong as raging fire, and mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

"And after such. What would you have me do?" The Tahtil asked with a subtle tip of his head. Tuffed ears perked curiously, "My task, is almost Indeed done here." The Waterkin was keen to point out, as he looked to the arena. He after it's contruction will need combatants, but that would take time. No doubt the protection of the Tribe, did come first. Rip was committed to such a task, there was enough hours in the day, with his own determination it would be spent well and full.

RipTide's tail swished comfortably in the air, only to raise a salute to Gundisalv, it's tip 'crooked' accordingly.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:05 pm
[ Radical Dreamer ]
It's all good I'm pretty busy too with working extra shifts and family plans.

The Brave leader considered the question deeply. There had been various things that Gundisalv wanted to implement or try forming for unique braves who have a special skill set that is useful on a multitude of levels for not just the braves but for the tribe and to be the inspiration to form more specializations within the tribe in general.

Gundisalv closed his eyes as he imagined one of the most useful skill set anyone can have and that included RipTide as the inspiration for it. "I will train you to be stronger and faster in all levels. I will push you hard to your limits and together with the other braves will go beyond those limits. More importantly I will see you as the start of the Brave Engineer Corps."

Yes it seemed the right thing to call it and to name what RipTide was doing here with the construction of his arena. It was the fact that
RipTide took it upon himself to build something that would serve purpose that brought this sense of rightness in the words he spoke. It also felt as if it added to his own personal motivation to create a manual for the braves that included the branches of specializations for those who wished and had the passion for this life role with their practical passion, such as what RipTide has.

"I believe you have helped me further the braves RipTide and I hope that you can be apart of it as the head of the Engineer Corps. I will promise you such a level for the great contribution that I see here."

Gundisalv hoped that he didn't sound as if he was offering something to push RipTide into joining. No the male wanted RipTide to think about this and decide in his own time when he is ready. Gundisalv simply wanted to place the right b'alam in positions that they knew the most of, such as building and the technical details that go into it or into healing, as examples.

[ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff