Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply ♻ATG Archive
ATG 10/21/14 <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Revolutionaries! Do you like ATG on Tuesdays?
  Yeah!
  Booooooo
  DONUTS!
View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:48 am

User Image
10/21/14

Hey everyone and welcome to this week's ATG, now on TUESDAYS! There's a lot going on with Gaia right now so let's dive on in!

Guild Stuff:
-Revolution: Gaia is HIRING again! Check out This Sticky for details!

-If you were going to participate in certain movements we coordinate, what would they be?
A walkout or protest?
The arenas?
Moar letters?
A forum takeover?
A dressup day/week?
Let us know! We haven't seen much participation in our attempts recently and I want to get that number up. We need to show the rest of the community how passionate we are!

-Have you checked out the shops here in the guild lately? Pwnder, myself, and others are offering items at low prices just for you!

Gaia Stuff
ATA Sorry, ATS (I'll never get used to that!) Is back! It seems to be going alright so far although serious questions are still getting the brush-off in favour of frivolity. It's somethin' though and we'll keep pluggin' along!

If you didn't already know, we're here to ask those questions for you if you can't or don't wish to post in ATS itself. You can submit those questions to us here, in the dedicated question thread, or in our inboxes!

Anything I missed? Let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:27 am
Do I believe in ghosts?

User Image
-looks around for the donuts-

No, but I'm afraid of them.
--Marquise du Deffand

Cat Sapphire

Dedicated Gaian

41,975 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:57 am
ATS is certainly getting a lot of traffic. Luckily, most of the posts were actual relevant questions. Of course, there are still some of the more frivolous ones, and the ones that seemed to have missed the format post entirely...but I digress.

The turnout of answers is still fairly decent, and I've seen less staff answering 'what's your favorite item' and 'what are you doing for Halloween'. I suppose we'll just have to see if we can keep this up. After all, it's the most actual conversation with the staff we've had in a while.

As for events, I'm open to just about anything virtual.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:28 am
Got sick of the bullshit that is Gaia for a few months, but came back just in time to see the release of the ATS. I think this is a MASSIVE step in the right direction, because it gives us a place to interact with the staff in a way that makes us feel like they value our opinions. It's a HUGE step towards mending the relationship between Gaia staff & it's users, & I think it was probably brought back for a few reasons:
1. So many people, like myself, who have been on the site for years & used to give them gobs of money have been stepping back from the site in general, meaning less users, as well as less money for the site.
2. Newbs to the site have a hard time getting foothold on the site without giving up real money, & without having the sense of loyalty that some of the older members have to Gaia, they don't have a reason to give the site money.

With old users leaving & new users not staying, everything began to plummet. I think this is also why they removed the thing where they weren't letting users who hadn't logged in for a while get their accounts back easily - Old users returning to see what Gaia has become had to start from scratch, & therefore lost their loyalty to Gaia & didn't have a reason to give them money - Especially if they had hopes to get their old accounts back.

In short, I like where we're heading, & I hope that Gaia continues to stay on this course. It's baby steps, but still steps in the right direction.  

FaithBlack

Fashionable Sex Symbol

16,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Noob wrangler 100

akaLeopard

Devout Gaian

16,540 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Waffles! 25
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm
Things are more hopeful at least.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm
Leopard...you...you...you're a Dragon Age fan like me!! <3333  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:20 pm
Anyone else see the teaser announcement for the event?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm
*waves*

Hi everybody! I'm late to the party, but I do like ATG on Tuesdays; I just wasn't around much yesterday, so I missed out.

I'm surprised to see so few people in the thread this week, though I'm inclined to think that maybe that's not such a bad thing. After all, Gaia has really stepped it up with many of the requests we've all had:

1. ATS is back! Yes, Fate, I still want to call it ATA as well, but wow! I think that Gaia Staff is doing a great job with this, and they're working long after the thread has closed to answer our questions. Are they addressing every single issue? No. But this looks to be an ongoing thing, and I also think it's a huge step in the right direction.

2. Announcements are now consoliated (for the most part). We still get a lot of them, but there's still not as many thanks to Gaia listening to us and providing several updates into one digest.

3. Our inboxes are no longer fair game for marketing.

4. They tried life without gold generators, and I while I certainly don't support them or buy them in any manner, it seems that some people do like them, and I'm sure there's a reason behind Gaia deciding to keep them around.

5. It's not so hard for noobs to make it these days, especially since Gaia (once again) listened to us and upped the payouts for Daily Chance. They actually upped them by a LOT, especially given the drop rate of charms.

6. While I personally don't care about it one way or the other, the Manga seems to live on.

7. Booty Grab payouts have been increased, so Gaia heard the collective voices of BGers.

8. Roleplayers now have their own recruiting forum, so that's another segment of the Gaian population that Gaia has listened to.

9. For those that purchase Gaia Cash, there are some nice rewards and tier incentives along with lots of bundle opportunities as well.

10. For those of us that don't buy Gaia Cash, many of the new CIs/RIGs contain a wide array of items that many of us couldn't afford before they deflated a bit due to their re-release.

11. Gaia seems to have curtailed their re-releases of MCs, especially the older ones, save for HOTD and something else (I forget what) in GoFusion.

While there are still many personal and collective "wants" out there (Inventory Arranger; Guild Updates; etc.,) it seems to me that Gaia is really trying to right its wrongs, and they're coming back around to the community that kept them in business for over 10 years now. It sure beats where we were just a month ago, and for that, I'm very pleased.  

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

BTPD Human Resources

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 am
While I wish they would put the time and money into updating guilds, I do love the rest of the changes Gaia has been making lately.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:52 pm
Just saw this new review at Glassdoor, from someone claiming to be the "Product Owner":

Quote:
“Something new and different ”
Current Employee - Product Owner

I have been working at Gaia Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros: Agile, talented people, great leadership, but my favorite part is probably the benefits.

Cons: None at the moment. The only problem we have is resources. We're trying to hire aggressively, but the company brand is not well known, so it's tough recruiting at the moment.

It looks like a legit review to me, since the reviewer is talking about their recruitment efforts. However, I don't know why this one said that Gaia is not well-known.  

Alexius08

Destitute Millionaire

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:25 pm
Alexius08
Just saw this new review at Glassdoor, from someone claiming to be the "Product Owner":

Quote:
“Something new and different ”
Current Employee - Product Owner

I have been working at Gaia Interactive full-time (less than an year)

Pros: Agile, talented people, great leadership, but my favorite part is probably the benefits.

Cons: None at the moment. The only problem we have is resources. We're trying to hire aggressively, but the company brand is not well known, so it's tough recruiting at the moment.

It looks like a legit review to me, since the reviewer is talking about their recruitment efforts. However, I don't know why this one said that Gaia is not well-known.

It's a fairly subjective statement, especially when you consider who they're comparing their company to. I suppose what they may be trying to say is that that because there are other companies that are more well-known, their potential employees are gravitating towards companies with higher brand recognition.  
♻ATG Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games