Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[FIN] My arnt you a handy B'alam.(Chronos X Hook x XixLaxTL) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:17 pm
Word Count:

Site Used: http://www.wordcounter.net
Chronos: 9,018
La Murte 1,157
Hook: 8,192
Toothless: 1,633
Xibaliba:1,591
Total: --- words

(This is a Roleplay that was started via PMs.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:22 pm
Night had descended upon the world, and that was time to play for any dark-tribe member. It was a time to re-gain energy before returning to the cave and carrying on the days tasks. It was quite wonderful to not nessisarily have to sleep at all. Clouds had blotted out the stars in the sky and created a swift breeze to carry over the land. It was a sure sign of the season's change. Or, that was the feeling. Chronos woke up within the dark tribe by a grand Magus B'alam, Gabriel. Gabriel taught him everything he knew, and gave him the tools to expand upon his knowledge.

Chronos was quite fascinated with the world around them. Since he had awoken, he had seen so much and even created so much with his own line of 'life'. Or puppets. He was fascinated at how things worked, moved, functioned...

He was gifted with a room filled wall to wall, floor to ceiling with mirrors, just so he could watch himself and watch how he moved. The curtains helped single out any unwanted reflections when needed. He also took to observing the magus when he could. Observations and notes, crafting and playing games, so far that had been what had taken Chronos' time.

Now he found himself flying above the sandy beaches boarding the vast, and very impressive, oceans. He often loved to fly over this place for the sounds. It was only a bit of a good flight from the cave, but there were plenty of places he could stay in case the sun came up without him noticing.

"Oh?" Chronos hummed as he caught sight of something in the distance.

His wings angled downward and he begun his decent toward the sand. It looked like it could have been a fish? or perhaps something he had never seen before! This was exciting! Somthing new!

+++++

"Ah, he we go..." With a big heave, Killian hoisted up his prize from the sandy shores. A big barrel, straddled between two paws was brought up to surface and land.

Jolly, had his collection of 'collected' items in this particular item. One thing of which was this sweet reed that he had a snacking for, it had been almost two weeks since he had returned to it, and at this particular moment it sounded like a wonderful treat.

"Almost there..." Left Roget as he heaved the top off of the barrier a single paw reached down into the trove of treasure. Eagerly a tail behind him twisted and curled.

Beside him was a dimly lot lamp, that he had managed to pacure. He had found it was most likily safest to unearth his stash at night...

"Come here, lovely." Killian mused as a paw brought up the jar he had been seeking. Jar in hand, the Balam sat back on his hunches.

Holding the jar out in front of him, the green stocks had turned a sour brown and seemed to secrete a strange thing brown goo.

A look of disgust took the Tahtil's maw, as a sigh of disappointment left his lips. Turning the jar in the light, Jolly could see that the suger stocks where still green at some points....perhaps it was still good, ya?

Moving a paw to the top of the container, Roger with a bit of struggle finally popped the tighten lid off.

Inspecting it.

A whiff of strange almost putrid smell over took and seized his maw. What was more the goo in the bottom of the jar swished slowly around...

The corner of Killian's lip curled is slight disgust...

+++++++

Chronos tucked his wings to his sides and landed upon the sand with a soft 'thud'. He was too eager to see this 'fish' to really care for a proper stealthy landing, as he was taught to -normally- do.

Large bat-ears propped forward to the strange sounds and now a light, which, to his sight seemed much more brighter than it would have to any normal B'alam.

"You are defiantly no fish." Chronos sighed as he approached the disgusted B'alam.

Suddenly, the jar grabbed his attention. What an amazing holding device! the craftsmanship on such a glassy trinquet. He had seen some, made some with fire and materials, but this one was not like one he had personally made, therefore it was more fascinating. And what was in it? Something brown and *sniff*... bold in presence.

"But that certainly smells like a dead one. Might I ask, what have you in that bottle?" Chronos tilted his head slightly to the right as he continued to eye the bottle, not much focusing on the not-fish holding it. "I must say, it looks rather interesting... your facial gesture is not appropriate for such a find."

His tail flicked happily back and fourth. This was proving to be a wonderful night so far.

++++++

Killian almost fumbled the jar in question, as the other landed not far from him. Attention turned from the glass, as he almost hopped Away and at father distance from the other. However, all his stuff was right there-and he wasn't about to make it easier to be taken. So instead, slightly startled wings slightly rose as they halted from flight.

Easy there mate...

Blue eyes widened to see the dark Balam. Of all the b'alam to find him it was a bigger, stronger and more fighting one...

"Ello their, mate..." Killian spoke a bit uneasily with a swallow. Tail slowly ticked,

"Fancy night, and most certainly not." He added making small talk and answering comment about fish. Wait...fish? Why did he think he was a fish?

Oh right, the jar...

As it was mentioned, Killian habitably tucked it closer to his body.

"Well, it was a a few stocks of sugercane. It seems age got to it before I could, sadly." The b'alam uneasily chuckled, he did have a bit of a sweet tooth, but now it seemed all moot. However it was tempting to still try and eat it.

+++++

Chronos easily ignored the unease coming from the wind b'alam. It was noticed, but there were more important and interesting things to focus on. Like that jar he seemed to cherish.

"Your accent is delightful!" Chronos noted while he took a step forward and lowered his head a bit to look at the jar. "Do you think I could have a closer look at that? Time is a bit of a fascination of mine, you see. I've never seen such a strange foul-smelling anything before.... I'd just like a closer look. I will hand it right back, you have my word."

Chronos' ears twitched while his tail continued to sway leisurely. This was all sorts of exciting. Even before gaining permission to see the jar he was thinking of different things that strange substance could be used for. What was it even? Perhaps it could be used in keeping the puppets together? Or making the stage seem more realistic? OH! Perhaps it could be turned into a sort of fog? Was it compatible with water?

Oh! Water, that should do wonders with the substance. Could it even mix? What if it didn't? He had seen that once before, and it was amazing!

+++++++

Killian tilted his head upward just a bit at the other commented on his accent. What accent? But at any case he was given a compliment...

"Well...thank you." Jolly was keen to acknowledge the compliment, his chin moved forward in compilation as a maw moved to stroke at the fur gathered their. He really wanted to see the jar?

Hmm, well...

"At your word." Roger repeated slowly as if to double check he understood the promise. Could Dark tribe, understand such a thing...

If so, could Killian trust him?

Eyes remained focused and hawked on the other, his white wings slowly folded against his body once more.

++++++++++

"At my word, of course. It wouldn't if it wasn't me speaking. Never say anything you don't mean, you know."Chronos hummed delightfully as he tried to get a closer look than what he had.

His neck craned a slight bit to make his point. Really, he only wanted a look at it.

"Really, I won't steal it. Even if it is incredibly fascinating... If I gave you a spot of gold to hold, would that be best? Than we can exchange back. Think of it as a failsafe. But really, unneeded. My word -is-as good as gold." Chronos mused.

Look at that strange brown goo. It was somewhat adorable... and, was that green in there? It looked like some sort of paint! or oil. Oh, perhaps he would want to keep the fleck of gold- oh!

Chronos turned his head and pulled a golden coin, stamped with the face of the Dark Tribe magus upon it. Well, somewhat. The image was slightly obscured through ware. Chronos was working on the small tokens to be used in the tribe. So far he had not managed to perfect the image... the gold was far too soft to hold a form. And yes, it had been hidden in his long silver hair and neck scruff.
[  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:37 pm
"Indeed. Just at your word then." Killian spoke slowly handing over the Jar, even at the mention of gold. He had only needed the other's word-but! Gold was shinny., almost as shinny as the other's chosen words.

After all, jolly was respectable-and this...Dark triber seemed to share the same spirit about things or so it felt.

It was a good thing to only say what one meant. Jolly believed this as well. Funny, he thought only wind kin could understand such a thing. Was that a bit near sighted on his part?

Perhaps...

Holding out the Jar, the wind kin used his unseen paws to float the jar over to the other b'alam. Taking back his paws he sat comfortably and watched this strange other.

The jar was rather fascinating, or rather what was in it. Tilting his head, Killian looked at the jar and the slimy goo that was in it. It had smelt putrid and...fermented.

The wind b'alam was just as curious. His tail rose and flicked wondering what the other would do with the jar and it's contents.

+++++

Chronos was more than delighted to see the jar being "handed" over. Now he could get a clear view of this amazing specimen. His wind-steamers waved about to reflect his excitement.

"This is perhaps the most exciting thing I have seen in a while... hmn... look at how its form is breaking down to the mere exposure ti time. Incredible." His voice seemed to purr with joy as he turned the jar this way and that with his own telekinesis.

"Imagine what this can do on stage!" Chronos continued his joyful rambling and oogling.

"You seem like a man of good trade... I have more golden 'coins' on me-" He chuckled to his own clever pun. "-Perhaps we can trade? This fantastic jar of molded plant flesh for my golden creations. It is in mostly a pure form, you see, I have yet to perfect a solid coin, so they are soft but shine all the same."

True to his word, despite wanting to simply continue eyeing the jar, Chronos offered the jar back for the wind-member to have.

+++++

Killian watched at the other as he rambled over the jar, more curiosity then he. Ears flicked and lowered as a eyebrow raised listening to the ramble. Tail rose and fell, as time passed.

Ear flicked and perked at the mention of 'stage'

"Wondrous things. I am sure." The wind kin chimed uninterestedly, letting his eyes slip to the barrel and collection of things. Admittedly he was a bit upset he couldn't have his sugar cane.

"Trade...?" Killian repeated. Well, no. He took what he wanted...however. A paw moved to his chin where he mindlessly rubbed and pulled at his whiskers. Tail rose and fell in thought.

Hmm.

Moldy old sugar cane, for shinny gold. Seemed like a 'fair' trade. The gold certainly looked much better....more use perhaps?

"You have yourself a deal, mate." Killian answered, letting him keep the jar. Something told him, he could trust this odd rambling fellow.

++++¥

Chron's deep-pink eyes brightened to the agreement. He was all too eager to hand over the rest of the seven coins he had stashed in his hair and fur for the lovely specimen of a jar and old sugarcain.

The Jar he eagerly brought back to his side so he could oogle it more. Though, chronos had to wonder, if he could use more gold coins to gain a drop of blood. He was parched.

"Hmn... I do suppose that this would come as a very odd question, but I have a bit more gold on me. Could I, perhaps, have a bit of your blood?" He inquired with a tilt of his head. "As strange as it sounds, but I do fear that I may not have the strength to return home and 'play' with this fascinating jar without it."

He didn't really find it an odd question, but did understand that it might be odd for others. 'can I have your blood' was likely not something anyone who had never seen a dark tribe before was used to...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:55 pm
As Killian was given the coins, he too slipped them away in a saucer hiding place on his person. Which was tucked in his collar. Slipping the coins away, jolly raised another brow at the other as he asked for some of his blood.

Wait. -what?

Hmm, why would...wait, that was right, he did recall some tales of the dark kin needing blood to survive...but-it was...so...odd.

The wind b'alam was naturally hesitant, after all it was -his- blood, such a thing was meant to stay in the body. However, Killian did also know that Dark kin didn't do so well in the light...but such a trade was worth more then gold in the wind Balam's mind. That and he didn't want this Darkkins life on his paws...however.

"Afraid My blood is worth far more the Gold, mate." Jolly Rodger stated patting the collar where his gold was kept for safe keeping. However with that statement, he wasn't refusing the offer, just wanting a better deal...

++++•

Chronos laughed to the answer he received from the wind b'alam. This one was a craft piece of work, but he seemed to know what value was. Even when he likely knew that he could easily be overpowered, though, he could be lightning fast. That just wasn't Chronos' way.

"Hmn.... I am a bit disappointed, but more impressed and relieved to see someone who knows what value is." Says the b'alam who traded gold for molding sugar-cain. "But what is it that you want? Perhaps it is something that I have? As you can see-" Chronos spread his wings and shook his hair a bit to show there was nothing else of value about him "-I have nothing of more value on me. I do say, I would rather keep this wonderful jar I now have."

He hummed a bit in thought. There was a great deal more at his home within the stage, but it would be rather silly to invite a stranger back to his home. Especially when he seemed so nervous just to see a dark b'alam.

"By the by... Do you have a name? I do not believe it is right to keep mentally referring to you as 'the one I thought was a smelly fish'." Chronos spoke with a wild grin. More so over the amusement of it all. He had to barter for blood, but his mind found another track to follow at the moment.

++++

Jolly Rodger raised a eyebrow as the other laughed at him, or rather with him? Either way, Killian knew that the dark Balam could overpower him if he wanted too, and seeing that he wasn't-was well rather respectful.

He should give him some quarter...

If he didn't have anything on him, perhaps he would trade something even more valuable.

"You can call me: Jolly Rodger." Killian offered with a smile of his own. "And seeing that you can't make it home with out blood." The pirate went on and raised a paw to the glass.

"Say you make me something to satisfy my taste, and grant me a favor of my choosing..." Jolly spoke keeping to business, he releases a sigh-he hated it, but any gain always came with sacrifice. " I'll let you drink from me." The Tahtil offered and held out his paw.

"Savvy?"

++++

Chrino's long ears perked up to the name. That was a splendid name! "Jolly", like to be happy all the time. And Rodger. Well, that was just fun to say. Or he assumed. JR Seemed to think so. He looked happy saying it.

"Ah, splendid! Jolly Rodger, what a charm that is to say!" Chronos mused. "You may call me Chronos. But that should be between you and me. It is the favorite of my title, but not the most fun to say."

Now that they were acquainted, the next request shouldn't seem as strange. They were no longer strange to each other! That was proper.

"Yes, I could certainly do that. Creating the new is my speciality, you see. It is what I do. A drink should be a simple task... but, I would have to request that you should come back to my cave with me, all my tools and ingredients are back at my home. I cannot create such a satisfying taste from sea water.... I have tried... the result was not yet pleasing... " He hummed as he looked briefly around the area. Nope. He had already tried everything here. Food combinations, possibly, but nothing to drink.

"The real pickle-" Ah, a vegetable caught in a jar making for an inescapable situation, FACINATING! "-Is I would require just a bit of blood to make it back. I could try, but I would not wish to hinder progress..."

Chronos looked down to his now prized jar. HOw fitting... water would work... he just really wanted to mix that with ater.

"The call is for you to make, Sir Jolly... but I would gladly take on such an opportunity to create something new, something better, say- A drink that even a king should desire!"

++++

Jolly's ear turned and swiveled as Chronos when on about his name. It was fun to say, and he liked it that way.

Chronos' was a fascinating name just as well. How was it not fun to say, shouldn't Jolly be the one to determined that?

"Well, you do have to be called something..." The wind kin mused in part before Chronos moved on in subject. Ears turned back once more at the vary expressonate Tathtill. Admittedly, he was rather fun to watch, and reminded him of some of the story tellers at home rock.

Wait. There was more fascinating things at his home, that would surely be something to see, at any case if something went wrong, jolly could always fly off right?

"Then you have yourself a deal." Jolly spoke returning his paw, he placed it back in the sand. Uneasily he shifted on his hunches, he was going to be bit, and he didn't fully know how he felt about the idea, especially since it is going to be done by another Tahtill....it just seemed odd. however, something told him he could trust Chronos... For the most part, if he had wanted to take he would have done so sooner. As well as not wasted time asking, and offering trade.

++++

"I agree, one must be called something." Chronos agreed with a nod.

His eyes deep pink iris brightened against their black sclera to the agreement. This was more so exciting that he would have someone else to help with the experiments. Especially with taste. He was convinced that his sense of taste was not on the same level as non-dark tribe members, what with their drinking blood and all. They could eat more than that, but Chronos never really tasted anything but iron. Perhaps it was some weird quirk. Regardless, he figured this one knew what tasted like a king's drink.

"Splendid! Now, this -is- your first time, so I will be quite gentle." Chronos playfully jabbed at the situation.

For some reason, the saliva of a dark tribe b'alam caused the 'donator' to completely relax and be void of pain. None he had bitten before seemed to be uncomfortable during their donations, just before and less so after. Chronos had done some tests on his own saliva and found it was some sort of anesthetic. It actually also helped clean wounds and promoted good health with the body as it forced one to create new blood to make up for that lost. It was still something he was working on at the side. He was certain that he was ready to pass this onto Gabriel and hope to establish a health care place within their tribe... something for generous donators, or perhaps just someone in need of better health. Or some kind of relaxant could be made... perhaps he should try mixing the salvia with the brown stuff he had just gotten!! yes, perhaps...

Maybe something should be mentioned...

"Now, I should say, Jolly one, once bitten, your body should completely relax. I promise you won't feel a thing after an initial pressure to the neck... Easy." Chronos relayed the information as he set the fascinating jar down and prepared for the bite.

He would wait until Jolly was ready before drinking what little he needed. Chronos needed this one to be able to fly after all.

+++++

"Yes, however I might just settle for Chrono." jolly answered, instinctively his head tucked back just a little bit as Chronos playfully jabbed at him.

'First time.' How funny, pity he didn't share the same amusement...or Glee. After all, it was his blood and it should stay in his body.

"Oh, joy." Killian went on to express such 'joy', in a Unexcited tone. He forced a smile, after all no reward was without risk.

"However, let me put my toys aways, first." The pirate spoke turning to his barriel, replacing the lid he shoved the container back in it's hole. He would recall to move his hiding place. It was such a bother to have to hide one's treasures and not keep it with one's self.

Turning himself, Killian kicked the sand back over his treasure. In a swift moment, Killian straightened and brushed himself off.

"Alright." The pirate sighed, straightening himself he sat back on his hunches. "Let's get it over with then."

He was so not looking forward to this....

++++

Chronos watched curiously as Jolly packed away his things than hid them under the sands. It was a clever method. Though, it only caused him to wonder what they needed to be hidden from. Perhaps they were to be for some grand reveal? Or, simply, he just didn't like anyone else touching his stuff. That seemed the more likely. Perhaps he had something better they could all be hidden in, or a place to hide them. That barrel didn't seem as secure a place to hide things in for long. Perhaps it could be a trade for another time.

Where were we? OH! Right. Dinner.

"Yes, deep breath and relax." Chronos drew in a deep breath to imitate what he wanted Jollly to do.

From there he opened his maw and carefully worked past the thick neck fur and toward the goal. Which, as promised, was more relaxing than it was painful. Chronos did not linger on the drink too long. A few quick sips, clean-up of his maw, and he pulled back and moved to stand just past the personal bubble once more.

"I can now definitely say, you have a sweet tooth." Chronos laughed. "Now, how do you feel? Your head is still clear?"

Just to be sure, before they should take off.

+++

The sky dweller, 'found' items he believed needed to be safeguarded In case another 'found' his stuff once more. In time, Jolly hopped to find better means of finding a better place for his stash.

"Just keep it civil, mate." Killian reluctantly took in a deep breath and did as told, well as best as he could when someone inched closer to his neck. Closing his eyes, his body braced for what he thought would be a dreadful ordeal.

The sharp prickling then agony- wait...no....nothing. Weird?

Blinking, the Tahtill relaxed as his maw dropped open a little In surprise. He didn't feel anything!

Well, there was a slight tingle in his toes, but that was it.

"Well, what can I say I enjoy the finer things of life." Jolly spoke turning his neck this way and that, just a bit. He was really surprised that, there was nothing felt.

Hm.

"As right as a fair wind, Tick-tock."

++++

Chronos' long ears perked and bounced in tune to the glorious nickname that he had just received. Yes, he now officially had a collection of nicknames and was growing rather found of each one, especially this one. It was fun! Tick-tock... tick-tock tick-tock.... YES! Glorious!

He drew in a deep breath and released the briefly held breath through his wide grin.

"That is just the embodiment of joy, Tick-tock. Yes, I will gladly accept that. Do continue to refer to me as such Sir. Jolly. I feel as though I should reward you for such a wonderful mix of words... hm..." He hummed as his wings spread wide. He would have to find something to leap from to take flight. The dunes would be good enough.

"Yes, you've completely sold me. When we return, I shall pay you back for you contribution and this lovely title... Oh, my.. um, do you suppose I could borrow your lantern? See, to hold at the end of my tail so you do not get lost. The darkness is not everyone's fortay when it comes to sight. I would be most upset if you were to get lost along the way."

Chronos folded his wings back against his body and turned attention to Jolly once again. His long whiskers flicked about as he waited for an answer. Honestly, he just wanted to get back and work on developing this sweet beverage from such a gift as the goo-jar.

++++

Killian's head straightened and turned to the side slightly as he watched Ticky's enjoyment of the name. Well that was good, it just rolled of the tongue, Hook was glad he didn't mind it, it seemed to fit his...friend. Yes. Friend, the Sky dweller could call him such. Still, it was a strange thing for a Windkin to have a darkin for a friend. Bah, oh well-Chronos wasn't trying to kill him and their was stranger things in Balam, like floating rocks....

Moving a paw, Jolly moved his collar around and straightened it.

"At your fancy as well as mine, mate." Jolly Chuckled as Chrono's quarried if he would keep calling him 'tick-tock' and if he should be rewarded. Though, Killian's ears flicked and perked to the idea of payment, it wasn't needed..however true, it wasn't refuted either.

Sold!

"As would I." Jolly stated calmely. He was more then happy to have a light like a carrion did for the passing of souls. Killian move a paw to gesture to his 'ghost light'. Just as he did it floated to the other Balam as he handed off the favored item. However crude the little thing was; with it's uneven base sat a misshaped fire rock, that bathed in a tar of a tree as well as It's welted wire for carry and charred burnt domed glass, It was one of Killian's more treasured keeps. Darkness wasn't something the skydweller care for after all-moonlight wasn't always the best guide for flying in the night. And...however unfavorable the moonlight was for windkin flight, it was a wonderful cloak for...'finding' things....

++++

Chronos happily took the offered lantern, curling his tail under the wire so that he could keep solid hold upon the device. It was a wonderful lamp, though, perhaps Jolly would allow it to become more decorated? Oh the lanterns he had made back at his workshop! He could make it even? add some personality to it? Though, it did seem to have its own wobbly personality to it. A certain charm in its own imperfections.

"I'll get this back to you when we land than." Chronos assured his new friend with a nod.

"Well than. Keep close, don't get lost. "

With that said Chronos made his way to one of the larger dunes, just tall enough for him to leap from and flap his wings fully. Enough to provide a good lift. The light clutched on his tail swished about as he beat his powerful wings to gain altitude.
His long whiskers fluttered about behind him as he stretched his wings to catch the wind. Ah, the fresh air of flight, there really was nothing like it.

By now the sun had fully set behind the horizon, which allowed his eyes to pick up even more than they could have under even twilight.

He glanced back to see if Jolly was close by. Something told him he would not be one to flee. Not when there was promise of treasure. Funny fellow... it was admirable to see one who knows what he likes. This one was going to go far, and Chronos was more or less settled to make sure that would happened. One should always help Kin.

++++

Hook almost scofted to the idea of getting lost as Chronos turned off to charge of the dune.

Him. Lost? That was laughable, the winds were always his guide. He may not know where he was going some times, but Killian was never lost. Turning a paw, Jolly picked up his legs and followed after his powerful, yet odd friend.

Paws dug into the sand as it kicked up behind the Balam, turning his head Jolly took one glance back to where his treasure was barried. It should still be safe....

Streatching out white wings, there was a heavy flap just as the wind balam leap into the hair. Darkness all around his sight he kept after the glowing light.

It was easy enough to catch up, with his natural speed. With another flap, the Wind kin faned out his wings for a glide as he came up beside his dark friend.

A Dark Kin and Wind Kin flying together...simply and wonderfully, uncommon.

+++++

Chronos only checked back one more time before focusing his sights on the land markers to guide the way home. He had a feeling this one was a superb flyer and would not need to be babysat.

An uncommon sight indeed. Chronos quite liked the idea of it. Mostly because this one was a kindred spirit. He had a good head on his shoulders.

It wasn't long before the foreboding mountain that housed the vast underworld of the Dark Tribe came into view. High above the two a monstrous shadow passed overhead. Shadows obscured most of its details, aside a slight glimmer of armor and a long red flowing robe. It's wingspan was greater than even Chronos'.

"Ah, Gabriel beat me home..." Chronos chuckled. That was always the norm. Gabriel did not like to be outside of the cave's walls and away from the castle for long.

Chronos, on the other hand, loved to explore as much as possible until needing to come home and research more.

"Mind your manners around that one. One wrong move and he would rather have your paw than simply slap the back of it. A good leader, but a stern one." Chronos called over his shoulder to Jolly as the neared the mouth of the cave high on the mountain's side.

+++++

Killain fallowed easily at Chrono's side, gliding swiftly back and forth following the glowing light at the other's tail.

As the shadow of the moutains darkened the Night sky even more, Jolly found himself taking in a deep breath. He had never ventured this far before, to the Dark kin's dwellings. The Mountain's where massive... Just then, the greath shadow over took Killian and cause the wind chilled even more.

Ear's perked and his head tited back to see the shadow belonged to another balam. The Nathill was almost as massive as Riddlemouth, well...not really, but....in some way the spirit reminded him of his magus...

Gabriel...

Jolly Rodger felt his mouth go dry, and quickly he had to wetten it, it caused him to sigh as he was reminded he never got his sweet treat....

"Well, of course!" Killian answered back, he didn't have any intention of crossing paws with the leader of the darktribe, let alone in his own dwelling. That would just be suicide....

With a flap, Killian bobbed a little in in his flighty glide.

++++

Chronos could only laugh to the response. After seeing even such a subtle display of the dark Magus was a good reminder to watch ones "p"s and "q"s... or something like that. There were few things that really got under Gabriel's skin, Chronos knew this first hand.

Well, with that out of the way, the rest of the flight was even darker than that of the night's sky. The cave was dotted with illuminated fungi and other lights within the city, but it still carried a very heavy shadow within it. It was darker than even the word. The buildings carved into the sides of the cave walls were detailed, as if the cave itself was a massive piece of art. Within the center was a massive castle, spanning most of the cave and connecting to most of the homes and streets. The center of this castle displayed a tall spire, reaching past the top. From the windows lined in this tower, whatever was within the walls of the spire were lighter than anything in the cave. The shadow of the magus could be seen heading to this tower.

Their destination was close to the center of the castle, a massive theater decorated with creatures in all sorts of colors and shapes. Most with golden accents.

Chronos seemed to move faster to the sight of his home. The precious jar of sugary goo had been nestled safely in his collar before takeoff (no, he didn't forget that).

The entry to this building had a glorious red carpet leading to the large red and golden studded doors. Massive pillars stood to either side of the door, wrapped in a dragon-like serpents facing each other and the door.

Chronos beat his wings several times before landing on the plush red with gold-trimmed carpet. He flexed his toes a bit before waiting for his Jolly friend to land.

+++

As they reached the cave, Killian tucked his wings closer to his body and moved to be more behind his friend. It would be best to stay close to Ticktock, he was in unfamiliar skies...er, caves.

Blue eyes caught the luring glow of fungi on the walls. It had pulled them from the towering shadow that made up the main structure.

"What is that? That weird glowing thing, there...and there." Killian spoke curiously as his paw rose and gestured to the glowing objects.

It was soon, that paws landed on soft carpet however grand it was, Killian's eyes couldn't help but swivel around with his body as he looked at the enclosure. His gaze couldn't stop and fixate on just one thing. His tail whipped around as his lead tilted back to look up at the ceiling, he kept backing up to see all of it.

Paws stopped as he felt and was startled by Chronos, hopping around Jolly let out a little laugh as he had backed up against his friend. The startled ridge on his back slowly started to lower. Raising a paw, Killian swept back his raised main.

"It's a grand enclosure, mate." Killian spoke in a weak laugh.

++++

"Yes! I was very specific in how this was to look. It is a theater my good Jolly! One that everyone will see at one point in time or another. I want everyone who look upon it to remember it throughout the ages!" Chronos declared with a proud puff of his chest.

"Also, I am to live here. Where one stays should say a lot about who they are.. not to mention all of their things."

With that the large red doors slowly begun to open revealing a grand loby, far more decorated than even the outside of the elaborate building, and draped with more red cloths is such an elegant manner. The lobby was so massive it appeared it could hold scores of B'alam at once and possibly still have room for more. Chronos turned and begun to head toward the left, where a wall decorated with dragons and other creatures swirling about each other, all gold trimmed.

"Gabriel himself had some input on the designs... which explains the vast amounts of strange creatures here. 'Dracul' I call them, after Gabriel himself. Not as spectacular a nickname as Tick-Tock, but I found it fitting enough. Oh-" Chronos stopped a moment. "-Your lantern"

His tail extended straight back so Hook would be able to retrieve his lantern.

"Such fine craftsmanship, I must say. I would gladly trade one of my own lanterns for it."

+++

"Everyone?" Killian answered, as his sight found Tick-tock once more, as he went on to explain his surroundings.

"That's a lot of tails mate." The Tahtill stated, with a little grin. Well, who was he too squish someone's dreams, if anything he would help invite them. Too bad, it would be hardest to get the wind kin to come-they would appreciates such a thing.

"Indeed." Killian spoke as he continued to look at the awe inspiring grand structure. One should say a lot about how their lived by their dwelling. Jolly had yet to find such a place that was Magnificat enough for his dwelling. Yeah, that explains why he was homeless.

Looking at the elaborate designs, Killian pulled his attention to the lantern as it was called to it.

Ah! That was right.

"Have at it, tick-tock. A trade it is then..." The Tahtill answered, as for the offer of trade. Chronos after all seemed so delighted by it....and to him it was a lantern. As long as he had a working one, he didn't mind.

+++

Chronos hummed delightfully to the offer of another trade. He had just the lantern he could trade for it too! Jolly was skilled at climbing up the ranks of his favorites.

"Yes, every year this will be where the festival of Days past will take place. Though it is a festival run by us, it is open to any tribe to attend. A grand display of story telling... This year will be of general creation, but I expect every year there will be more to tell. I will work behind the grand stage, but I will expect the show to be exquisite."

As they approached the wall Chronos lifted a paw to one of the patterns that appeared to be a fox. His claws unsheathed a moment as he tapped about the wall.

*CLICK*

The wall rumbled a but as a door begun to open, one that was previously completely invisible. Chronos grinned to the sight. Ah, it was working just fine!
Chronos didn't wait for the door to fully open before he proceeded through the long hallway. Not as grandly decorated as the lobby, in fact it was simply wood and rock walls lit dimly by candle light.

"You would be most welcome to such an event. Perhaps I would write this meeting into the show? ... hmn... perhaps." His ear flicked back. "I could craft a puppet in your likeness? Of course, I would leave the details of your treasures and their location out. And this part. Oh, do be sure that you will leave this passage a secret. You are the only other aside Gabriel himself to know of it. If word gets out, I may have to kill you." Chronos spoke as pleasantly as if talking about a favorite type of drink.

+++

Killian followered after Chronos as he lead the way deeper into the magnificent structure. As they reached the wall with the designs a bit closer, blue eyes looked at each one carefully. The craftsmanship was remarkable, he knew of a few Windkin that would be envious of such a skill...

Ears flicked back as the sharp 'click' pecked at them a paw shifted back as he the. Heard the shifting of stone. Eyes widened to the shifting wall.

Whoa.

"That's amazing!" Couldn't help but leave the Windkin's maw.

Then the second part came to his ears...after the info about a puppet?

But Wait, what?

Kill him? Not that he would tell, but death? Ears flicked back, he was kidding right? He just seemed so happy about such a thing, where they not friends? Forgive him for not commenting on the puppet and tale of meeting...

"I assume, remorse would be spare. Say I did?" Killian toyed with the thought, he wouldn't tell anyone of the door... But he was curious to the responce.

++++

Chronos released a whole-hearted laugh to Jolly's slight jab. Or what Chronos would hope to be a mere jab. The clicking noise resinated throughout the dark hallway as the secret door begun to close.

"Weaver yes, I have yet to come across someone I could tolerate for so long, nor someone who appreciates the finer things. It would be loosing such a kindred spirit that would be a shame... but, I would have to do so." Chronos shrugged before crossing the threshold into a vast room.

This room, much like the lobby, was covered in elaborate designs in various colors. However, unlike the lobby, there was no organized pattern. Cloths of all sorts of textures and colors were draped in various places throughout the brick-laid room. Strange wooden puppets hung from the ceiling among various velvity drapes.

In the back of the room was a vast fire pit and before it lay many forging tools. Among them raw iron, silver, gold, anything that could be used to craft in the fire was present. In addition to pots of jewels and other precious stones.

"See, I too am very secretive about my treasures. You did show me your own barrel of goods, it is only fair I offer the same courtesy. Oh- "

Chronos paused in the middle of the room than gestured with a flick of his wing to a work-bench. Sitting atop it was an iron and gold/silver rimmed lantern. It had four sides, each side had a face that resembled a dragon with its maw wide open, glass in it's mouth framing just before the teeth. Each side had a flexible blind that could be pulled down to focus the light as the user desired.

"-I offer that for your craft" He shook the lantern in his tail with a wide grin. "That was my first work. I wished to focus light upon my stage in certain areas... a work in progress, but it could be more fitting for your purposes."

+++++

Killian couls to help but raise a eyebrow at Chrono's admittance. A rogue smile too couldn't help but curl at his maw. Okay, the honesty was nice but the danger of knowing such trust was rather...exciting, not to mention adventurous.

"I wouldn't dare tell a soul, Tick-tock." The wind kind smiled to his friend, he did Indeed enjoy this friend. It was one he felt he would never take from, all in that mind, Killian was sure he would only need to offer for a trade and Chrono would be more then kind to trade it over. Such a thing wouldn't be taken advantage, they where friends after all.

Blue eyes, moved swiftly about the darkened dim lit room. It was like a wonderland of color and pretty shiny things for the wind kin. If only he could have it all!...but where would he put it. He was silent for such a lust for Chrono's treasures, but it was such a savvy and glorious sight. Mindless purr started to rattle from the sky kin. So much shinnies and pretty things. Claws dug into the ground under him. It was so.

Hm?

Killian's attention pulled from the rooms interior to the master crafter, then to his wing. Ears lowered, and with a step he approched the lantern. Jolly's maw parted, eyes widened

Wow.

A droll, started to seep from the other's tongue. Noticing this, Killian quickly closed his mouth.

"Yes, well." The b'alam straightens from his mindless lean forward. Puffing his chest, he sat on his hunches.

"It will do, mate." Jolly stated matter-a-factly  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:12 pm
Chronos laughed to the interetsing reaction Jollly had in the traded lantern. One man's experement was another b'alam's oogling treasure. Still, Chronos was happy that he was at least pleased with the craft. It was at times too bright of a spot-light and would cause more trouble to a dark b'alam actor. It needed to be bright enough that non-darkers could see, but dim enough darkers could. How silly their eyes were!

"Wonderful!" Chronos exclaimed.

He than proceeded to his workbench where he sat the jar of brown goo on the wooden surface. Now what to do with this?

"hmn..." Chronos hummed as he looked over the jar.

There was something to do with this, but what. It smelled putrid, but had a charming quality about it. Jolly wanted a drink, and he seemed to like this stuff, whatever it was before it turned brown.

"Well, my friend, any ideas?" Chronos inquired as he looked over his shoulder. The lantern still swayed gently on histail.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:31 pm
Jolly eagerly took the lantern with his thoughts, the lantern floated in a wobble over to the WindKin.

Paws flexed and grabbed at the air as the lantern neared, as the paws touched the lantern. Gripping the light, his eyes danced about the creation. Paw's moved and played with the lantern, and the angling flap.

-click, click.- Ear's flicked and bounced to the unique sound. It was so fun!

Eyes eagerly looked up to Chronos as he was called 'friend'.

"Hm?" Jolly's attention turned to him, his tail flicked. Ideas?

"Ideas?" The WindKin, set down the lantern and just as his friend picked it up with his tail.

"Well, did you try swishing it around?" Killian spoke raising his paw he swished a paw toe in the air in a mixing sensation.  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:47 pm
"It got rather swished around durring the flight." Chronos tilted his head toward the jar than lifted a paw and made a counter-clockwise swirl with his index paw.

"Unless you mean another way... hmn, I suppose it more got shaken. But it would make more sense to swish it with something wouldn't it?" Chronos hummed as he moved a paw to his chin.

His eyes glanced around the work room for anything edible that would work in this jar. Jolly likley did not drink blood. In fact, he rather seemed startled by it.

There was an urn of water near the kiln next to the furnace, was there more non Dark members had?

"... I don't know much more about beverages past the refreshing taste of blood or the special drinks that Gabrial keeps... What would you add to it?" Chronos inquired with a thoughtful hum.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:05 pm
"Hmm" Jolly echoed as his own paw moved to his jaw, and he too pulled at his chin fluff.

"I suppose, you are right." Roger admitted, his paw gestured to his friend. "Well yeah, we could." The paw returned to his chin.

But came another puzzlement.

"But what?" The Tahtill added another question to the mixture.

Ears perked to 'special'...wait. There where 'special' drinks? Like what?

"'Special' drinks?" Killian spoke, his curiousty partly turned as his tail flicked a little.  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:49 pm
Chronos was about to inquire of several ingredient ideas when the "special" drink was brought to further attention. His ear flicked while his chin turned upward. His tail flicked about as he thought more of it.

"It is meant to relax our lord's mind. It's a special drink... one I have not gotten to try." Chronos sighed at the last part. He had inquired, and was growled at. "It looks like blood, as red but not as thick. It also smells... different. I only caight a feint smell of it as Gabriel had a sip."

Chronos shrugged.

"I would try to re-create it, but I have no idea where to start. It has nothing to do with blood... Perhaps one day. " He laughed and shook his head.

He tucked his wings close to his frame and looked back to the jar. Hmn... maybe they could make something like it with that jar.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:46 am
Relaxes the mind, now that did sound wonderful...

"Is that so?" Killian asked, his left paw reached up to his maw in thought. Stroking at the chin fur, he couldn't help but wonder what it tasted like. If their ruler liked it- it had to be good. That, and it was 'special'. The wind b'alam nature of his, demanded that he have it-at least try it. Just a taste, he would think...

"And you are certain it's not Blood?" The WindKin inquired more, well to duplicate it with out knowing what it was-would be kind of foolish...

Hmm. Jolly's ear turned back to his friend. Perhaps one day...

"Indeed." Killian agreed, and with a sweep of his tail his paw dropped from his chin. "Well, perhaps we will just have to be more creative then." Rodger smiled as his tail swept though the air, causing the lantern to clink slightly as he moved around Chronos to get a better look at the jar of goo.

"Won't we?" The b'alam smirked.  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:14 am
Chronos' eyes brightened to the mere idea of having to be creative. That was his speciality! Anyone who has gazed upon his stage could see that. Why, he had a creativity to rival the Toy Maker himself!

"Of course!" Chronos agreed as the right corner of his mouth stretched upward. "I am sure we could come up with something better... perhaps Lord Gabriel will have a reward for you if this is accomplished. Wouldn't that be something?"

He laughed to the thought of creating something better than the special drink of the Magus. If they could accomplish that, he would at least know all the ingredients to the beverage. It always had bugged him he knew little about the other special drink.

"It is rather hard to believe a member of my clan would have something more soothing than the warm delight that is blood, but this is the case for my Lord. And it will be so here."

Chronos leaned forward to sniff at the Jar. His nose wrinkled to the putrid stench. He chuckled.

"Yes, definitely. Blood will not go well with this... We must first discover where to start."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 pm
'Reward', poked and perked at Killian's ears, distracting him from his conniving WindKin thoughts.

"Reward?" Jolly Rodger spoke his paw moved and pulled at the fur at his chin.

"That it would, mate." Killian smiles to his friend, "and you are quite the master to accomplish such a task." The balam admitted, having seen all work an creativity. No doubt he would able to accomplish the task.

Letting his paw from his chin, Jolly moved around to get a better look at Chronos and the jar. The tail shifted, the laturn shifted and swayed in the movement as his blue eyes peered at the goo in the jar.

"Careful, it almost had a life of it's own." Killian chuckled as Chronos dared to take a wiff of the creation in the jar.

A pitty that he never did get to eat it, that putrid suger cane. Well, with luck hopefully something good would be made from it.

"Indeed." Killian smiled, looking from the glass he looked back up to his white hair friend.  

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:24 am
"Most definately does..." Chronos hummed as he backed away from the jar.

What did life need? His own needed blood, but this putrid smelling thing would not do well with blood. What did other b'alam need? Food? Food would be simply silly to add to this mix. It was supposed to be a drink. Meat would be worse than adding blood.

If only he knew how Gabriel had made his special drink... Wait. That was it!

"Well, suppose it is alive. It would need something to drink for itself. " Chronos mused as he turned his sight to the ornate jar of water sitting next to his furnace.

Now where was that scooping-thing...

"Ah!"

Chronos mentally lifted a 'mini' pit of sorts that was resting just behindthe pout. The steel outer frame winked back in teh flickering of the light around them. That, Chronos thought, was one glorious thing about light. It knew how to show how brilliant shining objects were.

Very carefuklly he begun to pour the water into the furmented jar.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:06 pm
Jolly's maw turned to a grin as Chrono back away. It' caused him to chuckled, he had warn him. Shifting his tail, Killian turned his head just as curiously to Chrono's clever words.

Turning his tailhe moved the lanturn from the dark kin's sight, using his body he helped cloked the light. He didn't want to blind his friend.

Though, Curious.....all life did seem to need something to drink.

"Is that just simple water, mate?" Killian spoke as he contuined to watch Chronos work with the tiny 'creature' in the glass.

Maw licked and chapped, at the thought of something to drink himself....

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

GunSniper
Vice Captain

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:48 am
Chronos offered a grin to answer Jolly's inquiry. Nothing about his shop was 'simple'. His eyes closed briefly before he offered a shrug.

"I wouldn't think so." He answered with a bounce in his tone. "... we shall see."

With a deep breath he shifted his wings a little before turning back to his friend. The blockage of light was greatly appriciated. Dim lights were just fine, but he did preffer as dark as possible.

"Thank you good friend." He lowerd his head slightly in a bow. "Now, to tend to your own poor throat. I do recall interruping your business earlier... hmn..."

Chronos hummed before lookung about the room. The water in the jar was a bit warm, Chronos was unsure if regular b'alam liked their beverages warm. He did, but he drank blood already warmed by the body. Water, that was usually cooled.

"What is it that we can get you while we wait for this miracle brew?"

[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces