Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
BrookM tries to paint stuff occasionally Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:38 am
Knight number three, for this one I wanted a different pose, so after some research and a restless night of little to no sleep I decided to get on with it and cut the left leg in two. I tried going for a running pose, but that didn't work out so instead after some more cutting and angling, we got this, a rough mock-up of what I'm going for: a big game hunter arrogantly perching over a recently downed prey, basking in the glory no doubt to come.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Right now, rough mock-up though, still need to fill the gaps on the fixed knee, fix the right foot and add more details to the shoulder plate that it is resting on, put in some pistons and severed wires.

Maybe I'll track down a mini to represent the noble standing next to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:00 pm
Cool man, lookin good so far.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:24 pm
Thanks, didn't get a whole lot done today as I was out and about seeing a friend most of the afternoon, but I did get priming done when I got home again, so with a bit of luck I'll have the skeleton done tomorrow along with one or two plates of armour. I'm hoping to slowly "machine" the armour in place over the course of this week, starting with the head area.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:48 pm
Sounds like a plan, I never fully finished my knight to be honest...He still needs the heraldry and the basing done. But keep it up, I imagine it'll look great when it's all done and you'll have a detachment to run with.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:11 am
One night without sleep later and right now we're here..

Skeleton done, head area done, groin plate done. I still need to pick out the rivets on the feet, but other than that, happy with getting this far. Once the feet are done I'm going to move on to the banner, decals and all before moving on to the leg and shin armour.

I may also need to look into pinning, as the current bond between the right foot and the plate of armour that it is standing on is rather weak. I can pick it up without fear of breaking, but I worry that transport might do it in.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:48 am
Lookin good so far, pretty cool how he's just chillin over the pieces of his kill like a baws.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:33 am
Ignore the askew shin plate, that still needs to be painted and glued in place. But here's a better look at the redone left leg.

The carapace is also not yet glued in place, still need to do a buttload on that, including.. rivets. emo  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:08 pm
Good stuff though, definitely looking good so far, the angles are cool and you can't really tell there was any work done on it to make it look different.  

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 am
It needs a name.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:52 am
I vote for Reb Brown.  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:30 pm
I'm.. actually quite liking that name.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:36 pm
Couldn't do an awful lot today due to work, but I managed to tidy some odds and ends up here and there. Arms and shoulder plates are not yet glued in place, but this will more or less be the final pose of a victorious Knight looming over a vanquished foe. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get round to washing the copper parts with a flesh wash and picking out the edges and rivets with Runefang steel, after that I can move on to the shin plates.

I've also begun the slow process of finding a suitable miniature to represent the Knight Noble in charge of this beast, I want to put it in front of the right leg, which is quite an empty space right now, opposed to the centre (where a banner with campaign badges will hang) and the left, which already aggressively pushes down on a piece of xeno scrap.

Suggestions are more than welcome for this miniature. Unlike the official fluff, both genders are acceptable for the pilot.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:13 pm
While I haven't taken a picture I have been busy touching up on the main body and started work on the reaper arm. I thought about doing a yellow-black warning stripe on the housing, but that would clash too much with the blue and semi-gold that the model is sporting. I also touched up on the banner, settling on a quartered background of red and blue, where the Terryn crest will be centered over, with honour badges above and below it.

Slowly getting there, not long now until I can start applying decals and start figuring out what the personal heraldry of this noble is going to be.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 am
It's Reb Brown, all it needs is either a screaming face or "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!" blaugh  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:12 am
I always thought it was more of a HUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH scream. Thinking about it, he'd make for an excellent Marbo.

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff