Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Mykronos Island
Beach-A-Palooza! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:14 pm
                  User Image
                  COME; WAKE ME UP˟ BEFORE I DIE :& I NEVER◞ GET* TO LIVE !██ tab ██
                                        ━❛i want a house⋮▀ tab ━❛on the hill⋮▀ tab ━❛by the ocean⋮▀
                            let the tide wash away 。all my CRITICAL MISTAKES ❛)
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • Stryker's reaction to the flower sent Vance soaring, and a genuine smile spread across his face. He had been so nervous about giving her the flower he had failed to really look at her appearance. And boy was he floored. Her hair and outfit were simple but Vance felt that she wore them extremely well and his chest heated up with passion looking at her.

As he was watching her react, he caught sight of her hand moving slowly up to his head, which he eagerly ducked down to allow her easier access. He hadn't noticed just how badly he wanted her to touch him, and the fact that she was giving him head pats only made him crave more from her. It took every ounce in his body to not whimper when she pulled her hand away from his head, but he was glad that she accepted his offer to place it in her hair, giving him an excuse to finally touch her.

The smile still on his face he took a step closer to Stryker and gently placed the flower near her ear, taking extra care to safely tuck it in so that it doesn't fly away on the rides. Vance swallowed and took the opportunity to gently run his hand down Stryker's face, his blue eyes looking into hers for a split second before he withdrew his hand and let the smile fall off his face back to his usual blank expression. Had he overstepped? He sincerely hoped not, because the electricity that seemed to jump through his body upon touching Stryker's face was addictive.

Clearing his throat, he gestured towards the front gate, "I determined this amusement park to be a perfect starting spot for our research namely because it will allow us to ask workers about their own experience on this island. I've found that amusement parks and circuses are perfect for learning about myths and legends." While it wasn't entirely true, Vance had recalled going to circuses as a child and learning all about horror stories surrounding them. So, pretty much myths and legends.

With that, Vance went and purchased the two of them entrance tickets as well as wrist bands to allow them access to all the rides. He spun around and returned back to Stryker's side, "I've got us wrist bands, so please allow me to assist you in putting yours on... And perhaps you could help me with mine?" Without thinking he held out his right wrist, the metallic glint shimmering from between his jacket cuff and the leather glove he wears on his right hand.

•  ▾ beach-a-palooza tab tab  stryker
                            【 nervous tab tab 【 'oh... my arm.'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $1,035

{ooc: metal arm, metal arm, METAL ARM}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:42 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ He smiled. He really smiled. Looking at the genuine smile grow on his face, Stryker's heart thudded hard in her chest. It felt like she was going to bounce out of her skin with how giddy she felt. This was an incredibly new feeling to her. Curling her toes in shoes, flexing her muscles in her legs helping keep her in place instead of needing to walk or move around to burn the nervous energy in her body.
His reaction to her patting his head though surprised her. She didn't expect him to be so willing for the physical contact, but she was happy to know it was something he seemed eager to accept. His hair was absurdly soft as well under her fingers, it was a struggle to pull away, and even once she did, she just wanted to return her hand to his head. It was strange to so eager want the physical contact with another person for her too, and it was honestly only enhanced by his willingness to accept her touch. She was pulled from her thoughts about him as he stepped closer to her, her body humming at his close proximity to her. The gentle touch of him placing the flower in her hair, her ear twitched gently. Again, her heart thudded in her chest, her breath catching in her throat. A dark blush covered her cheeks and face as she looked up at him, the feel of his hand having touched her face left her skin tingling. Smiling gently as his expression returned to his normal blank look, she laughed gently. "Thank you Vance." Trying not to choke on her tongue as it felt dry and stuck in her mouth, she couldn't remember someone making her feel this way at all.
Blinking and flexing her fingers a bit as he cleared his throat, Stryker listened to him as he spoke about the workers possibly knowing things about the island. Placing her index finger on her bottom lip in thought, she had never heard of anything like that, but it was also probably because she had never been to an amusement park or circus even. Smiling up at him, she simply nodded in agreement, too embarrassed to admit out loud that this was a first for her. Standing and waiting patiently as Vance went and bought them entrance and wrist bands, she fidgeted with her fingers a bit as she thought about their day together. It really did seem like a date, and probably looked like a date to other people who looked at them. She chewed her bottom lip a bit as she thought about people looking at her funny. The scars that littered her body were on clear display, and of course her ears, fangs. Even her eyes were abnormal. Was it really okay with Vance to be seen with her? Being pulled from her spiraling thoughts as Vance returned, she gave a small smile and nod as she took the wrist band for him and began to put it on the offered wrist. It was hard to miss. The metallic shine that peeked through the end of his jacket and the glove he wore. As she placed the wrist band, she slid her fingers over the metal in a soft touch. She had sense something was different, but to know now that he had a metal prosthetic, she wanted to ask about it, but she kept her mouth shut. It wasn't like it bothered her though, but it must be something difficult for him to talk about. Much like her own scars that she carries. Though hers aren't as easy to hide. Moving her hands to his, she gave a small squeeze and smiled up at him, "There you go, all set." Her voice was soft and sweet, a sound she didn't even know she could make. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Nervous ] [☀: Location][ Beach-a-palooza ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ I wonder what his story really is... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:41 am
                  User Image
                                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ LET ME REWIND ▀▀ *WE FILL OUR MINDS WITH SMOKE

User Image
                    • Yet again when Stryker said his name, Vance felt a rush course through his body. Yes, his coworkers and customers at Taste of Italy said his name all the time, getting him more accustomed to hearing it but... Stryker was different. Her voice entranced Vance, even more so when she said his name. While he desperately wanted to hear her say his name more and more, he felt that it would only taint her lips, for she was an angel in his eyes. Stryker, a woman shrouded in mystery and her own likely tragic backstory, had become Vance's saving grace. The first person he had met in Soleil, and his first friend, despite him constantly messing things up. He didn't deserve to have such a kind person in his life, nor was it appropriate the desires he felt towards her. Yet, he was far from truly understanding what it all meant, he did know that the tight feeling in his chest or the excitement whenever he thought about her wasn't typical.

Hold on. How had he managed to convince someone so highly above himself to join him? He had lied to her about this being strictly research, he had lied to his angel. A sense of guilt and disgust with himself began to grow in his stomach, only worsening with the glint of metal as he flashed his wrist for Stryker to wrap the wristband around. Since his falling out with the original corporation that had "fixed" him after his accident, he had been forced to use other materials for his right arm instead of the humanoid synthetic that had been originally granted to him. Surprisingly it hadn't been too difficult to find a mechanic in his travels to give him a metal arm, equally equipped with the blade that had been in his other prosthetic.

Being the ever understanding person Stryker was, Vance was put at ease when she gently brushed the exposed metallic arm. No trace of disgust or confusion on her face, just sincerity. As soon as she had finished wrapping the wristband, her hands wrapped around his prosthetic one, gently squeezing.

It was at this moment that Vance wholeheartedly cursed his prosthetic and the glove that kept it hidden. Oh how he wished he could have felt her hands on his. His heart ached for her gentle touch, but his face never betrayed his thoughts, remaining stoic.

"Thank you. Let me help you with yours." Taking as much care as Stryker had, he gently pulled his right hand away from hers and slowly began to tie the wristband on. His left hand began to act on its own, wrapping its fingers softly around her wrist and running his thumb in circles on the palm of her hand. His thumb ran over the scars that flashed across Stryker's skin, acting like braille that hinted at her troubled past. Only realizing what he was doing and how it could offend Stryker after a few moments had passed, he quickly pulled his hands away from her and stuffed them into his jacket pocket.

"I- That wristband should be able to get us onto any ride at this park. I studied a map earlier and I decided that the best place for us to begin our research would be on one of the rollercoasters. It would give us a vantage point from the peak to observe the rest of the island, hopefully." That and he really wanted to feel the rush of falling. Nodding his head in the direction of the ride, his blue eyes locked with Stryker's, "Or if you'd prefer a different ride? I made sure to arrive earlier to allow us adequate time to experience every ride and attraction this amusement park has to offer, should we need to." He continued to ramble on, hoping to distract Stryker from his earlier transgression, not wanting to make it awkward by having caressed her hand.

【 excited? tab tab 【 'does she enjoy rides?'

{ooc: yo vance really just NEEDS A HUG}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 1:27 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ When Vance didn't seem to react to her touch to his prosthetic, it encouraged her a little, knowing that he wouldn't completely shy away from her when it came to that particular thing. Though he hadn't spoken to her about how or why, she couldn't hold it against him. There was much of herself she had yet to tell him, and she was terrified of doing so. Would he look at her differently and leave her behind once he knew what she was, what she had done? Not to mention, she'd have to eventually show him the creature that lurked under her skin, threatening to come out in times of great distress. Stryker could feel her pulse and heart rate start to elevate from the rising stress of him leaving her once she told him, and showed him, everything.
Blinking up at him as his voice pulled her from the spiraling thoughts and oncoming stress, she frowned gently as he pulled his hand away from her grasp, though she knew he'd need it to put her bracelet on as well. "Thank you." Her voice was soft as she felt her skin tingle at the feel of him touching her skin again. The small circles on her palm made her shiver a little and her breath hitched in her throat as his fingers grazed over the many scars that were the testament of her brutal past. The silent story of things she'd rather forget than remember. Her eyes closed at the relaxing feel of the motion, just to snap open as he pulled away from her quickly. The sudden departure of his warm hand on hers made her pout gently, looking at his jacket pockets where he now stuffed his hands into, like he was trying to protect her from himself.
As he began to tell her about the wristband and that they'd be starting with the rollercoaster, Stryker smiled widely with excitement as she eagerly hooked her arms around Vance's left arm and gave a small hug of excitement. "I've always wanted to try riding a rollercoaster! I've heard they are such an adrenaline rush!" Her ears stood straight up in an excited manner as she looked at him with wide yellow eyes. Leaving her arm hooked with his, she excitedly began pulling him towards the rollercoaster, eager to get in line and start their adventure. "Thank you again for inviting me here. It's embarrassing, but, I've never been to an amusement park, or at least from what I can remember. So I want to try as many rides as we can!" At this point, she looked like an excited puppy dog, if she had a tail, it certainly would be wagging in excitement. Standing in the line, she chewed her bottom lip in excitement, bouncing a bit on her feet, needing to release some of her excited energy. Even as they stood there though, she hadn't let go of his arm, standing close enough to him so she basically had his arm held captive against her body. To anyone looking on, they would likely seem like a couple out on a date, a thought that didn't bother Stryker in the least, and she hoped Vance wouldn't think too much of it either. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Excited ] [☀: Location][ Beach-a-palooza ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ I'll take any excuse I can to hold his hand... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 8:00 pm
                  User Image

User Image
                    • It was as if God had heard his prayers.

Comforting arms wrapped around Vance's left arm, Stryker squeezing it excitedly in a warm embrace. A faint heat began to spread its way up Vance's neck and the back of his ears, a light dusting of a blush crept across his pale cheeks, completely contradicting his indifferent and deadpan expression. Bashful eyes glanced down at the woman hugging his arm, her stark white ears perked straight up as she beamed excitedly at him.

Vance wasn't one to lie, but... He was glad he had. There was no way Stryker would have came with him otherwise, and as much as it pained him, he would continue to lie about this little research excursion if it meant keeping her close to him today. And to be honest, it seemed she was as excited about this as he was. So, this little lie appeared to benefit the both of them. With his hands still stuffed deep into his denim jacket pocket, Stryker began to tug him in the direction of the rollercoaster, luckily too preoccupied to notice the blush on his face.

"Thank you again for inviting me here. It's embarrassing, but, I've never been to an amusement park, or at least from what I can remember. So I want to try as many rides as we can!"

The words struck a sad chord in Vance, who slightly gasped in shock and hurriedly looked down at Stryker. Despite her words she was as happy and excited as ever, her grip on his arm only strengthening. The surprise on his quickly dropped, replaced by a soft and caring look. While he wanted to press her more on not having been to an amusement park, he felt it best to just pass over it and instead focus on the positives of today.

"I'm glad I can be here with you to hopefully create new memories for you, so thank you. I hope you'll join me in the future on more da-, ah, research outings, so that I can continue to create new memories for you." Quick to catch himself on his little slip of the tongue, he brought his right gloved hand out of his pocket to gently rub his nose as he looked away from Stryker, slightly embarrassed at his admission.

He enjoyed how close Stryker stood to him, and when it came time for them to take their seat on the rollercoaster he unconsciously reached over to hold her hand. He had made sure to sit on her right side so that his left hand would finally be able to hold and feel her own.

"Please, h-... holdmyhand. It's just- it's been a while since I've been on a rollercoaster and-" His mind was racing, trying to come up with an excuse as to why the two should hold hands, and with a sigh of defeat he turned his face away from Stryker, but his grip on her hand didn't loosen.

Where was all this coming from? The two had agreed to be friends, but Vance felt something deep down telling him it wasn't enough. But he wasn't sure what exactly would be enough. What was this feeling? What did he want?

"I want to hold your hand, Stryker."

Ah, that was a good start.

【 daring tab tab 【 'so soft.'

{ooc: AAAAAAH}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:19 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Stryker absent mindedly moved her fingers against the material of his jacket, basically stroking his arm over slowly though she couldn't physically feel his skin. When he looked down at her after her admission of never having been to an amusement part, she gave him a small shrug watching the surprise melt away to a soft expression that she could definitely get used to seeing. Or really, she'd take any facial expression from him. Where his expressionless face might bother others, she still felt like she could hear and see a thousand words expressed from it. As he chose not to comment on what she said though, she let out a small sigh, relieved that she wouldn't have to touch on that subject just yet. She'd have to hide as much of herself for as long as possible.
Blushing a little at his words, she caught his little slip when he had almost said 'dates', but changed it to research outings. Leaning her head against his shoulder, she smiled sweetly up at him, even as he looked away from her, clearly embarrassed. "I'd be more than happy to go out with you anywhere to make as many memories as possible. For research or not." She added on the last bit, hoping he'd realize she would go out with him even if it didn't mean doing research. Perking a bit as the line moved and they were finally able to get onto the rollercoaster, she blinked in surprise as he boldly grabbed onto her hand. Her heart thudded hard in her chest as she turned to look at him in surprise, but she wasn't at all put off by the touch. As he stumbled over his words, she gave his hand a gentle squeeze before moving her fingers a bit to lace them through his, her own face staining pink with blush.
As he finally spoke out loud what he wanted, and that it was to hold her hand, she smiled widely and gave a small laugh, "You can hold my hand whenever you want." The words tumbled out of her nervous lips before she could stop them, and now it was her turn to look away and be totally embarrassed by her own words. Seeing that the rollercoaster was about to start, she reached up quickly with her left hand and gently pulled the flower out of her hair, cupping it protectively against her body to protect it from the wind. She would try to preserve it for as long as possible, and once they were off the rollercoaster, she'd have Vance put it back. The thought of him touching her like that again sent goosebumps over her skin. But the feeling didn't have much time to settle in as the rollercoaster started off, spiking her adrenaline quickly, her grip tightening on Vance's hand. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Excited ] [☀: Location][ Beach-a-palooza ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ I'm holding his hand, don't freak out... ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:50 pm
                  User Image

User Image
                    • The rollercoaster started off slowly, edging along the tracks until it stopped, giving the passengers one last moment of suspense before launching itself forwards. Stryker's fingers linked through Vance's and her hold tightened as the carts flew along the tracks, Vance reciprocating with a soft squeeze.

It was difficult to tell whether his heart was pounding because of the ride or because of the physical contact he had with the woman beside him. Either way, the rush that he was getting was intoxicating. He had forgotten what it felt like to, well... Feel? The past several years had just been dark and empty, the disconnect with his emotions and his actions causing him to seclude himself. Honestly, he never would have imagined he'd be sitting on a rollercoaster, his hand intertwined with another, an adrenaline filled smile plastered on his face.

Crazy how life plays out.

As the rollercoaster began to near its first peak, it slowed down to a crawl and began to chug its way up. Vance took this time to look over at Stryker, finding that her left hand was firmly protecting the flower he had gotten her. Her eyes were lit up, no doubt taking in the scenery from the top of the rollercoaster.

"You truly look like an angel." He whispered softly, the sun hitting her hair just right to reflect an almost halo-like apparition. Vance couldn't take his eyes off of Stryker, he wanted her image at this moment to be burned into his memory forever. Realizing that the ride was nearing the top of the first hill, he loosened his grip on her hand, "Get ready." His expression changed to one of childish excitement, his muscle memory from when he was a kid on a rollercoaster kicking in and instinctively he put both of his arms in the air.

"Do this, it's really... Freeing."

And then they began their rapid descent.

【 daring tab tab 【 'let's fall together.'

{ooc: put YA HANDS UP YALL}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 5:14 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Feeling Vance's hand squeeze hers in return, she felt her body hum with joy. Whether he had done it because of the ride of not, she was taking what she could get. Though Stryker had been through countless terrifying and painful experiences that would be enough to make most people numb to adrenaline of any sort, she still felt every ounce of it course through her veins as she leaned back and eyed the peak of the first drop they would do. Fighting the urge to dig her nails into Vance's hand, she didn't really want to ruin this whole scenario by hurting him. Nor did she want to hurt him period, emotionally, physically. Blinking a few times to try and help her eyes from drying out before they were whipped at a high speed moving downwards, she tucked her left hand into her sweatshirt pocket quickly to be able to keep the flower safely that way.
Her ear perked and she turned her head a little bit to look at Vance, having heard what he said, despite his whisper. Part of her enhancements. A blush covered her cheeks as she watched him with wide eyes. Did he really say that? How in the world could she look like an angel to him? Could he not see the obvious flaws that stood out in a stark comparison to the rest of her? It was almost like emotional whip lash as she blinked again and took in a deep breath when he loosened his hand and released hers. His words rattled her as she snapped her head forward, remembering exactly where they were in that moment.
Looking over at him from the corner of her eye, she mimicked his motion, tentatively raising her arms. She didn't have long to think of how silly she felt with her arms up as they suddenly dropped. The feeling of her stomach hitting her throat, or that was honestly the best way she could describe it, caught her off guard as her hair whipped from behind her, probably hitting the poor people behind her, but she couldn't help it. After finally regaining her composure from the sudden change, she started to laugh and giggle wildly, her mouth open wide as she laughed, her sharp canine teeth in full view, but in this moment, she didn't think about her appearance, other people's opinions, her problems or even the fox inside of her that seemed to enjoy the ride as much as her. Vance was right. Having your arms up really was freeing feeling.
What felt like only moments, but an eternity as well, the ride was over. Lowering her arms, her body vibrated with the left over adrenaline, and standing up from the seat, she found her legs were shakey and pretty much useless under her. Laughing to try and hide her embarrassment, she shook her hands and looked apologetically at Vance, "Sorry, it's been a long time since my body has experienced that sort of adrenaline..." Was it some form of defense against her instincts? To shut down before she lost control? She honestly knew the last time she felt this much adrenaline was when she had escaped the facility she was being kept in after the field tests. Monitoring their bodies and their reactions. Her heart thudded hard in her chest for a moment and she placed a steadying hand over it, reminding herself that she wasn't there anymore. Trying again slowly, she managed to stand and exit the ride, quietly apologizing to the folks running it and waiting, but they all seemed understanding and kind enough about it.
"Would you mind if we sat for a minute before continuing?" She blushed at the fact that she had to ask him that. After it was her idea to ride the rollercoaster first. Man she really had gotten weak over time. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Excited ] [☀: Location][ Beach-a-palooza ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ Urgh, why am I shaking..? ][O.O.C.][ ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:26 pm
                  User Image

User Image
                    • The sensation of falling sent shivers up Vance's spin, his stomach seeming to defy gravity inside him. His arms stayed up, assisted by their descent, and he wiggled his fingers as they sped down the tracks. A giddy yelp of excitement crawled up his throat, and a small smile spread across his face before opening and letting all the pent up emotions inside of him out in a roar. His screams deafened by the sound of the ride and wind, but it felt great finally allowing himself to feel something and to express said feeling.

As soon as the ride was over, Vance's face went back to his usual expression, no longer able to give his emotions free run. He stood up, noticing that Stryker was having problems and began to apologize. He shook his head and instead, gently grabbed onto her arms to assist her off the ride as much as she would allow him. Her body shook like a leaf beneath his touch and he began to worry that the rollercoaster was a bad idea. As soon as she mentioned sitting down, Vance quickly nodded in agreement and helped Stryker sit down on a nearby bench.

"I apologize, I shouldn't have recommended the rollercoaster first. Perhaps getting something to eat or drink will help your nerves? Shall I go get you something?"

'Anything you want, just say it and I'll obtain it for you.' He wanted to atone for the guilt that washed through his body.

【 guilty tab tab 【 'water or maybe a lemonade?'

{ooc: SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!! Let me know if I need to change anything}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:07 pm
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Feeling Vance hold onto her as he assisted her in finding and sitting down on a bench. As soon as they sat, Vance was immediately apologizing to her. "Vance." She laughed gently, her body still vibrating a bit as she sat there. "It's okay. It's not your fault at all." Grabbing onto one of his hands, she looked up at him her expression sincere. But a drink like he suggested definitely sounded good.
"A drink sounds great." She started quietly, but she honestly didn't want to be left alone. "I will...I will go too. I don't want to be left alone." Her admission was quiet and a blush stained her cheeks as she turned her yellow eyes away from him and chewed her bottom lip nervously. Giving a soft sigh, she gritted her teeth as she forced her shaking limbs to lift her up from the bench, having an easier time now than she had trying to get off the rollercoaster. Through all of this, she realized she hadn't let go of his hand yet, but part of her wasn't all that eager to let go of it. Looking around, she found a place that looked like it was selling drinks and started towards it, Vance beside her. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Embarrassed ] [☀: Location][ Beach-a-palooza ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ Well this is so embarrassing... ][O.O.C.][ Sorry, I wanted to get something out, even if it is the shortest most awful thing I've ever written... ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Exequtie

Trash

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:14 am
                  User Image

User Image
                    • Once again Stryker was doing her best to soothe Vance's guilt, acting once more as the voice of reason to pull him back from the cliff he was constantly on the edge of. Her hand found its way to his and he gladly welcomed her touch again, despite her body still noticeably humming. He nodded in response, taking a deep breath as she continued to speak.

The two gently rose from the bench, Vance's grip tightening on Stryker's hand as he followed beside her towards the concession tent. Her words, while odd, were entirely understandable; who would want to be left alone in a crowded amusement park? Not to mention it was the first one she'd ever been to, it's likely extremely overwhelming. "I wouldn't ever leave you alone in a place like this, please understand that. So... Continue to hold my hand, that way we don't get separated in this crowd." Vance squeezed her hand reassuringly as they approached the front of the concession line. He quickly discussed with Stryker what she wanted to drink, ordering one for her and then a water for himself, mostly just so he would know what to do with his free hand instead of constantly stuffing it into his jacket pocket.

Vance gently led Stryker away from the tent and looked down at her, "I appreciate you helping me with my research, it would be very difficult without your help. I can't imagine it's easy to assist me while also going about your job..." His voice filled with concern, recalling that Stryker had said she works at a bar and tends to deal with a variety of customers. "I... If it's not too much of a personal question, do you enjoy your job? You had mentioned the clientele being a bit... Hm, different?" It had been so long since he had last been to a bar, he didn't have the slightest clue at what sort of people even went to bars anymore. The weirdest encounter he had had was primarily due to someone bringing their kid into the bar, but other than that he had never really run into any outrageously weird bargoers.

【 curious tab tab 【 'soleil's population is interesting, no doubt.'
                            【 single tab tab 【 $1,032

{ooc: whew, lemme know if I need to change anything!}

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:16 am
User Image

C..Odename
S..Tryker

Watch the Shadows

╰☆ Stryker smiled up at Vance a little as she felt his hand squeeze hers. Listening to him as he told her he wouldn't leave her alone in a place like this, and that she should continue holding his hand so they don't get separated, she blushed lightly and nodded. She didn't need to be told twice to keep holding his hand. "Thank you." She said softly as they made their way to the concessions. With having asked for a lemonade, she sipped at it slowly, the sugar and tartness of it giving a nice little shock to her system.
Letting Vance lead her away from the tent, she looked up at him again as he spoke. Smiling, she laughed a little and shook her head. "It's my pleasure to help you Vance. It's not so bad balancing out with my job though since it's mostly nights I work. So I get plenty of rest." She shrugged a bit and sipped her drink again as her ears twitched and listened to what Vance said next about if she liked her job, and about the peculiar clientele she got from time to time. She was surprised he remembered her mentioning that before. "Hmmm..." She thought for a moment, pursing her lips in thought. "I would say I enjoy my job. But they people who come in can get a little...Judgmental...In their drunken natures." Giving him a small smile, trying to reassure herself really that she didn't mind their nasty comments about her appearance. "But there are also the ones who don't take 'no' for an answer and will hit on you relentlessly." It had happened on more than one occasion. The ones who aren't completely bothered by her appearance think she's desperate and will just try to get in her pants until she eventually has to kick them out of the bar.
"But all in all, it's not a bad job. My invitation still stands for you to come by while I'm on shift." Smiling widely up at him, fangs showing and all, she couldn't help the mental image of Vance drunk that popped up in her mind. She wondered what kind of tolerance he had, because due to her own body being the way it is, she could drink until dawn and be drunk, but not blacked out and face down. ╰☆╮

[☂: Mood][ Calming ] [☀: Location][ Beach-a-palooza ][☁: I'm With][ Vance ][☄: Thoughts][ Well this is so embarrassing... ][O.O.C.][ So sorry abut the wait! Been dealing with some stuff. ]

Exequtie

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Nimble Gawker

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:10 am
x