Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
Got a question about mah bodeh. NO BUT SERIOUSLY.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Her Malevolence

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:13 pm
Alright ladies. SO HERE IS THE THING.
I'm a curvy gal. I'm chunky. I'm overweight. Yeah. These are things that I used to be insecure about when I was younger (two years ago) but now that I'm twenty and I've sort of 'found' myself, I've kind of accepted who I am. However there are still some things that I'm insecure about. I have scarring. And I'm not talking about my face. When I was in elementary school I would get....

warning if you are easily squeamish. Sorry

cysts on my inner thighs. They were painful and deep beneath the skin. They would vanish, then reappear in another spot on my thigh and bikini area, only to repeat the cycle elsewhere. in the same general area. These would leave dark purple atrophic scaring that I still have today. I went to the doctor during that time and was told it was a hormonal skin problem that was occurring due to changes in my body. That's right, puberty. They came and went for a good while despite medication though faded throughout the years and only a year ago did I get a second diagnosis where my doctor claimed it was a skin infection or ( again ) something about my hormones. By then I had given up on the treatment I'd received in elementary school a looooong time ago.My new doctor gave me new medication and that got rid of them quickly but did not prevent future breakouts. It wasn't until the end of last year that it magically stopped and by then I'd stopped the second medication as well leaving me to believe that, yes, it was a hormonal imbalance having to do with puberty.

Unfortunately, the scars are still there. And they have made me very very insecure about my body. I do not wear shorts during hot weather because I do not want my scars to be seen and have people think that I have an STD or disease. But I realize that if I'm ever going to be happy with myself, it's something I need to get over. And to an extent I have. But I still wonder if it is something that people will think is... I don't know, gross? Disgusting? LOL I guess asking the internet such questions isn't the greatest idea but I've always had a fear of engaging in intimate relationships as well because of it. And so I wonder.... is scarring really that bad? Even dark purple atrophic scars?

I suppose what I'm asking is if it is something that could ever be overlooked. I don't know I guess I've always had this ridiculous fear that I'll be seen as a monster or just down right nasty because I have scars.

I'm comfortable with most aspects of my body. But will others be?

I guess this is more of a self vent thread. I don't know. There's always just been that part of me that has always wondered what others would think. I mean I guess if I was desperate enough I could save up and have them surgically removed but at the same time..... Why?

I feel like this post is kind of pointless.
I guess, ladies, I'm just asking for opinions and thoughts on the matter.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:54 am
I'm chubby.. I kind of understand.
I mean, I don't get those, but I do have dark inner thighs that I'm
insecure about. Don't worry about it. People who judge you for it
are a waste of your time (You probably know this already, but..)
It's hard to love your body especially with the ridiculous standards society
has nowadays, but someone will find you beautiful, believe me.
I'm sure you're not the only one who struggles with something like that and I'm sure there are people who don't care or who understand why it's like that.- .

Don't do what I did for years...
Don't degrade yourself or settle for less because of this insecurity.
I finally stopped giving a s**t about society's standards and focused
on being myself and I have my boyfriend now. Incredibly sweet and handsome.
^__^ If you really want to help the scars, there are remedies.. Remember that!  

Malice Melantha

johnlennonandcupcakes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:24 am
There are definitely scar remedies. Mederma, though seemingly expensive, is totally worth the money. As long as you put it on multiple times a day on clean skin, it works wonders, though it does take time.

I also second the post above mine, if someone sees your scars and has a problem with them, that's nothing on you.

Finally, as far as I'm concerned, scars aren't gross. They are just another part of being human.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:37 pm
lil lemarine

Okay so starting with the chubby thing. I use to be overweight, I was 13 or so, 5'2 and 165. My mom tried everything to help me lose weight and get rid of scars, not much worked since I ate like a small elephant. At 15 I kind of naturally started letting off weight and school worked me so hard I barely ate. Now I'm 16 (almost 17) and 140. This being said, I'm not skinny. My mother is Dominican and has sadly passed down big thigh/butt genes. My thigh/butt area is big and meaty, which I wouldn't mind but ... stretch marks tend to be really ugly on that area and I have a lot. So, my mom was told by her mother, and trust me, old women (specially latina, for some reason.) tend to be really knowledgeable about home remedies. So my grandma was like "Yo, just add some manteca de cacao on that s**t and it'll go away." not her exact words, but gets the message across. Anyways, it works, really well, you warm it up and put it on whenever you can.
Also, sorry if I spelled stuff wrong, I didn't proof read and Idk how to work the autocorrect on my laptop.  

NC_Nana

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff