Welcome to Gaia! ::

♡~Everybody Wants to be a Cat!~♡

Back to Guilds

If you love cats, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Animal, Cats, Contests, Feline, Kitties 

Reply ⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃
At what age to take the kitten away from his/hers mother

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yule Cat

Chatty Cat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am
I was wondering what the laws are in your country according to kittens and taking them away from their mother.
Here in Holland it's illegal to take them away from their mother before 7 weeks. But we recommend to keep them with their mother for about 12 weeks (the longer, the better, we always say).

I heard in Canada there is no law about that. Is that right?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:57 pm
In Ohio, USA 6weeks is the youngest you can take them away legally, but we also recommend 12 weeks c: I didn't know that about Canada. I wonder if it is true o:  

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

Tulja

Colorful Vampire

21,475 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:49 pm
User Image
I dont know if there is a law about it in Oregon but when my cat gave birth for the first time, she wasnt the same afterwards. She abandoned the 4 kittens only 2 days after giving birth to them. We found her like 2 months later, our neighbor found her and tried to give her back to us but the cat wouldnt leave her. I dont know where she went for 2 months.
We ended up bottle feeding the kittens, and my mom taught me to rub their little potty parts with a small towel or paper towels, to stimulate them to potty. The mother cat would normally do that by licking their little potty parts. The kittens slept on my tummy and bundled around me under the blankets during the night. My cat Tigger almost died a few times once we started them on soft wet food, because the other 3 wherent letting him eat. But all 4 Kittens made it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:11 am
I don't know of any specific law about it (I live in Alberta), but like elsewhere the "standard absolute minimum" is six weeks, eight preferred, twelve+ ideal.

If you're really interested in looking it up, I can send you a message with a site that I was introduced to when taking some legal courses a few years back (I really hate researching legal stuff myself; love knowing about it, hate the tediousness of searching)

~ Aki - Fairy ~

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:20 pm
Tulja
User Image
I dont know if there is a law about it in Oregon but when my cat gave birth for the first time, she wasnt the same afterwards. She abandoned the 4 kittens only 2 days after giving birth to them. We found her like 2 months later, our neighbor found her and tried to give her back to us but the cat wouldnt leave her. I dont know where she went for 2 months.
We ended up bottle feeding the kittens, and my mom taught me to rub their little potty parts with a small towel or paper towels, to stimulate them to potty. The mother cat would normally do that by licking their little potty parts. The kittens slept on my tummy and bundled around me under the blankets during the night. My cat Tigger almost died a few times once we started them on soft wet food, because the other 3 wherent letting him eat. But all 4 Kittens made it.
Oh wow! I'm so glad they all made it emotion_kirakira  
⥃Advice of every kind? Give it, get it.⥃

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff