Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:37 am

User Image
9/22/2014

Hey everyone! Welcome back to Ask the guild! We're sorry for the brief interruption to this weekly service but as of today it's back! Remember, you can ask or talk about anything you want here in the guild and the crew will answer all of your questions! With no further ado here's a quick look back at some of the recent events that our guild is interested in right now.

Gaia Stuff!
The 133tGate scandal:
If you hadn't already heard about this, here's a quick rundown on the situation.
- Several extremely expensive items were purchased from the marketplace at prices far higher than their exchange value. These items included halos and a double rainbow ticket. The ticket was purchased for 133 TRILLION gold. That's the price of 60 halos. Currently the halo is selling at a little over 9t in the exchange and other double rainbow ticket holders were recording offers of 3-4 halos for their tickets.

-The Seller of the ticket was rightfully confused and messaged the buyer to make sure that the gold was legitimate. The buyer assured him that it was and giggled around the subject like a normal user.

-The marketplace graph reflected the huge sales and users began to be suspicious. Zero Omega popped into a thread and assured them that the transaction was "Unusual but legitimate."

-Unsatisfied with that response a brilliant user began to do some digging and discovered that the purchaser of the ticket was a mule account. Not only that but it was a STAFF mule account that had been masquerading as a regular user for a long time. She called out Zero who officially confirmed that the account was a staff account. He provided the explanation that the staff had been trying to procure the ticket for Flynn's Plunder and other items for kickstarter tiers. He also noted that the gold used to buy these items was Test Gold. If you don't know, Test gold is gold generated by the staff onto an account to test features. This means it comes out of nowhere, poof, and therefore has not been circulated. This makes it 100% surplus to the economy

-Upon seeing the outrage that 133Trillion (that's 2 of the previous gold sinks worth) of gold had been thrown back into the already unstable economy Zero contacted the ticket seller and took back 100Trillion of the gold, returned his ticket, and offered any one item of his choosing as compensation, basically hush money.

-2 more staff mules were discovered to have done similar purchases, thereby putting trillions of gold into the economy AND jacking the price of the items they purchased up.

So there you have it. Lies and deception by Gaia Interactive staff as they manipulate our market.

User Image
This is the second initiative that we're behind right now. One of the artists stated in a private conversation to Slick Southpaw that Gaia has no intention of continuing the plot past Halloween 2k14. Our beloved characters could fall by the wayside!! Check out the thread above to see more information and what we can do to help.

Cash Shop
Gold generators are back and they're no longer "modified". While most generators coming out now are choice featuring Items, Charms, and Gold there are still PURE gold gens being released. These gold gens seem so far to be capping out at 155 Billion but that's STILL far too much!
Unfortunately they're back at a tril. I hadn't noticed.

LQIs are being re-released and taken out of the shop early. Gaia recently had to release a new statement on the issue "clarifying" why this is happening.

Staff Changes
Lanzer has left the building - But not Gaia. The last remaining founder has stated that he will still be involved in a dev capacity to Gaia but he is now working from home and will have more time to devote to the site but less power.

Items are flooding out every day in large quantities and recolours are so common now that Gaia hired at least 2 regular users to help them. Winter Hue and Dikatze both joined the art team as recolorists recently. Whether they are being paid for this or not is unknown but their quality and colour selections are a welcome change.

Guild stuff and good things to check out.
Currently we are heavily encouraging our users to boycott the MP. Due to the staff's blatant manipulation of it we no longer trust that system. Instead we would be very happy if users would use the exchange instead. Of course this is optional, if you wish to continue using the MP go right ahead. This is merely the personal opinion and goal of myself, Pwnder, and some others in the guild.

Additionally, I will be re-opening my store in the market here in the guild to try and help you guys out getting items without using the MP.
Anything I missed? Let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

In response to the recent deception and manipulation of the marketplace by Gaia Interactive staff I have given away all of my gold and will be wearing only gold shop and free grant items for the next 30 days. Any gold I EARN in that time will be given to charities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:30 am
Glad to see this back. ^^
First and foremost, I hope everyone's feeling okay. There've been things on-site and rl that have caused distress, depression, anger, etc. but I hope everyone's trudging along.
Secondly, I think these three guild threads deserve more exposure: TERRACE's idea, Loyal's event idea, and Alexius's idea.
Finally, here are my own thoughts on recent events:
I hate that the icon of Torii's Gate is just a recolour. It feels like there wasn't any effort put into it. Doesn't help that the rewards seem to only be wings and halos.
Why is it called 133T "gate"?
I don't know what to think of Zero Omega. Should I see him as one of the few admins that still care about the community, or should I see him as a sleazy lying hypocrite? I can't form a conclusion and I'd like some advice on this.

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:16 am
Punktz
Glad to see this back. ^^
First and foremost, I hope everyone's feeling okay. There've been things on-site and rl that have caused distress, depression, anger, etc. but I hope everyone's trudging along.
Secondly, I think these three guild threads deserve more exposure: TERRACE's idea, Loyal's event idea, and Alexius's idea.
Finally, here are my own thoughts on recent events:
I hate that the icon of Torii's Gate is just a recolour. It feels like there wasn't any effort put into it. Doesn't help that the rewards seem to only be wings and halos.
Why is it called 133T "gate"?
I don't know what to think of Zero Omega. Should I see him as one of the few admins that still care about the community, or should I see him as a sleazy lying hypocrite? I can't form a conclusion and I'd like some advice on this.

I believe 133tGate came from the Watergate scandal but I'm not positive.
As for Zero, I see him as someone who is just doing his job. He might care but he can't do much about that without losing his paycheck. He's probably under strict orders to say only what he's told to the community.

In response to the recent deception and manipulation of the marketplace by Gaia Interactive staff I have given away all of my gold and will be wearing only gold shop and free grant items for the next 30 days. Any gold I EARN in that time will be given to charities.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:56 am
Did anyone hear the news that Gaia has started glitching out before, after and during whenever members log in?  

Javier Cross

xxiii-nevermore

Loverboy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:10 am
xx I met my fate xx

--____; n ; Hate to be the barer of bad news, but I believe that the gold gen cap is actually 1 trillion. I usually skim the Cash shop announcements but I was at work and bored so I read it in here It's the part about the Popsicles.

//though I have to say the combined announcements was a great idea.

__EVERMORE

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:30 am
Since the 133T Gate incident (I always read that as LEET Gate gonk = dork ) I've quit buying and selling in the Marketplace. If there is something that I want and can afford I will buy an item equivalent to their asking price from the Bazaar and offer them a deal in exchange. I'm not actually giving them gold, nor am I perpetuating the rising item pricing stare

I think that this thread needs more consideration too "no more inflation!! ban the MP!!" I support this because everything is getting out of hand now. I'm starting to see more and more items priced in the 10s of billions this past week so another round of hyperinflation is on the way.

I have bid on a few things in Flynns Plunder since but I'm not actively looking to out bid past the average buy price. If I win it, neat if the price is ridiculously over bid, I quit.  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:27 pm
does anyone else in this guild actually care about the plot?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:40 pm
Dude that's so messed up. All the people who work for Gaia need to just stop worrying about their paychecks, find different jobs and stop doing all this illegal s**t. If the BBB can actually get a hold of their asses, they're going to go down along with the company and never be able to find jobs again.

The whole "X is only doing their job" is getting old. (No my anger is not towards the guild or any one person. Gaia as a whole) They need to QUIT because what they're doing is illegal and against their own TOS and on top of that, it's wrong.

If I was working for a company that constantly made me do shisty s**t like that that I knew was wrong, I'd find another job. I'd find a way to get out from under them. Do the people who do this stuff have any morals left at all?

"So to get a paycheck this week I have to artificially inflate the economy so nobody can afford anything on the site that I've put years of my life in to where I know people are already pissed off and they'll have to buy more of our real life currency based currency to supposedly keep the site running when in all actuality we're making more profit than ever and never had to sell or push this much stuff before because we're greedy and corrupt!"

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm
This isn't a question but I wanted to thank everyone who messaged me in my totally crazy sleep depriped state.
I'm still sad about situtations, but you guys made me not want to hurt myself.
that would be ridicious because you're right. My daughter needs a mommy.
Thank you SO much to everyone who replied to my thread.
Makes me love this guild that much more.

and I am so sorry for that thread.
I'm still mourning for my ex, and depressed about my daughter.
finding out he died totally set me off, bad.

anyway, thank you so much!
<3

and on topic.. those new gold gens are evil as ******** eggs.
I bought one, on a mule account with 20bil (this was for testing, I swear!)
I now have 90?bil on that mule.

I think that gg is going to come back.
:/  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:28 pm
Gumby Ningata

Heck yeah, I care about the plot. I've been wondering what would happen next. I still want to know if there ever will be another appearance by Von Helson or the vampire twins in like a mini Halloween arc this year instead of Jack hogging the spotlight for the past couple years, perhaps. The whole vampire arc was by far one of my favorites.  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:43 pm
Princess Zelda21
Gumby Ningata

Heck yeah, I care about the plot. I've been wondering what would happen next. I still want to know if there ever will be another appearance by Von Helson or the vampire twins in like a mini Halloween arc this year instead of Jack hogging the spotlight for the past couple years, perhaps. The whole vampire arc was by far one of my favorites.

I care about the real plot.
not this pseudo bs they've been giving us.

Was there a ******** kick start for saving our manga?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:49 pm
Pwnder
Since the 133T Gate incident (I always read that as LEET Gate gonk = dork ) I've quit buying and selling in the Marketplace. If there is something that I want and can afford I will buy an item equivalent to their asking price from the Bazaar and offer them a deal in exchange. I'm not actually giving them gold, nor am I perpetuating the rising item pricing stare

I think that this thread needs more consideration too "no more inflation!! ban the MP!!" I support this because everything is getting out of hand now. I'm starting to see more and more items priced in the 10s of billions this past week so another round of hyperinflation is on the way.

I have bid on a few things in Flynns Plunder since but I'm not actively looking to out bid past the average buy price. If I win it, neat if the price is ridiculously over bid, I quit.

I want to bid on Flynn, but I'm not sure if I should anymore.
I also kind of think that not selling on the MP will make the exchange/vend whores take advantage of this, and AI every ******** thing.  

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:54 pm
Kegokec
Dude that's so messed up. All the people who work for Gaia need to just stop worrying about their paychecks, find different jobs and stop doing all this illegal s**t. If the BBB can actually get a hold of their asses, they're going to go down along with the company and never be able to find jobs again.

The whole "X is only doing their job" is getting old. (No my anger is not towards the guild or any one person. Gaia as a whole) They need to QUIT because what they're doing is illegal and against their own TOS and on top of that, it's wrong.

If I was working for a company that constantly made me do shisty s**t like that that I knew was wrong, I'd find another job. I'd find a way to get out from under them. Do the people who do this stuff have any morals left at all?

"So to get a paycheck this week I have to artificially inflate the economy so nobody can afford anything on the site that I've put years of my life in to where I know people are already pissed off and they'll have to buy more of our real life currency based currency to supposedly keep the site running when in all actuality we're making more profit than ever and never had to sell or push this much stuff before because we're greedy and corrupt!"

BBB is just a middleman, they can't do much.
I sent in a report... I wish I knew where the letter was, it basically said gaia didn't reply and I'll get another letter if they do. (or I can check the status via a link I can't remember.) if I dug around, i might be able to find it. But it was mostly talking about their false advertising (like posting something is XX% off when it just came out) or the recolors that are a HUE off the original and half the price, it was a long report; this is just stuff I recall.

Edit:
I just realized I'm replying more than the staff members.
Sorry! ;c

I also wanted to ask if I can host the avatar contest for the fall event, so that staff can enter!? (or one of them, if you wanted to hold one yourself?)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:56 pm
its a curse
Pwnder

I also kind of think that not selling on the MP will make the exchange/vend whores take advantage of this, and AI every ******** thing.

If we could all quit using the MP then those people can eat themselves alive with inflation. They are the only ones here on Gaia that have nothing to say about the inflation and have nothing against it because it hasn't bitten them in the a** yet. If they were to ultimately end up buying and selling between themselves because the rest of us quit, then they would certainly start to feel the sting of their own ways wink  

Pwnder
Captain

Generous Trader

26,075 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Guildmember 100
  • Winged 100

its a curse

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 pm
Pwnder
its a curse
Pwnder

If we could all quit using the MP then those people can eat themselves alive with inflation. They are the only ones here on Gaia that have nothing to say about the inflation and have nothing against it because it hasn't bitten them in the a** yet. If they were to ultimately end up buying and selling between themselves because the rest of us quit, then they would certainly start to feel the sting of their own ways wink

That's true. Still feel for the people who are legit questing items with 1 listing at 100bil or whatever.
But I get what you're saying.
I'd rather not feed the greed.
(I really didn't mean to rhyme...lol)

CAN I JUST SAY HOW PISSED I AM THAT WE REACHED TORII'S GATE, but it's still up?
like either add more tiers or ******** take it down you greedy! (censored)  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff