Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Uptown Soleil
Soleil Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:17 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Exhausted and ashamed | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here
                                        Occupation : Soliel Librarian | Status : Single | OOC : --

"It matters to me because I would be the one to deal with the after if you had died!" It's been a long time since he's raised his voice. Even when he's gotten into matches with Rehan, he's never yelled. He never wanted to give the man the satisfaction of making his blood boil like that. No, the only time he's yelled is when Masumi was hurt or when he got into fights with Castielle about where he can shove his judgement because he knew nothing about his and Sumi's relationship. Even now things get tense between them when the topic is brought up. Castielle seems to believe he can just wash away any blame for his part in how they were treated. It's easy to do that when you toss out your family name and run away like a coward. So yelling? It felt wrong, and left a bitter taste in his mouth. But he didn't know what else to do. Couldn't believe that the man doesn't seem to understand why what he did was incredibly stupid and not okay.

The man's reasoning only succeeded in making him feel worse about the situation. How could that even be considered as a viable excuse? "I'm selfish so I can't die?", it sounds like a pretty self aware narcissistic kind of answer. "I can't control it. Whatever damage it does it out of my control. All I can do is pull away and hope they didn't get as far as brain damage or cardiac arrest." Something he failed to do in his shock before. If the man hadn't lowered to the ground when he did, he might not have let go in time.

"I'd rather you didn't." It isn't like the man doesn't fit the type he apparently has appearance wise. Masumi checked all the boxes with his silver hair and blue eyes, but maybe that wasn't the draw to Avi. It was probably his intelligence, his selflessness, care for others, gentle nature, and his dependence. Ah...there it is. The truth of it all. He latched onto Masumi because he needed to feel like someone depended on him. His mother left him, his father despised him, and his siblings looked at him like he was a monster. But Masumi was always a constant. He was the lifeline for Octavius. He needed Avi. With Masumi, whether he lived or died mattered. His happiness mattered. So that is his thing? Desiring to be needed? He shouldn't be reaching revelations after very nearly killing a man. "You would most likely pass out." It almost felt like he was making some dark joke with that comment, but his neutral tone didn't exactly sell it as a joke. And just like that, he realizes now that he's calming down again, distracted with his thoughts on type or where he failed in the past. "But it isn't like you seem to care anyhow. I doubt you have any self-preservation skills despite your claim of being too selfish to die."

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        ▇ ▇▇ ▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
                        I'm feeling Intrigued, a tiny bit sick || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

"Oh." he'd respond. The man's raised voice broke him from his temporary trance yet again, though this time maybe flipping the right switches in his brain a he realized he hadn't thought through the consequences of a possible mishap. While he should have been mad that he wasn't allowed to enjoy the plunders of him living through that experience, he was starting to see why the other was mad and concerned. There we go, every being was as selfish as they came, including himself. But was this really selfish if he didn't want to deal with his masochistic, rather suicidal tendencies? To be fair, he didn't consider himself suicidal anymore, he knew his limits and even if he was beaten to a pulp, covered in his own blood, he knew when to raise the flag. This, didn't seem like a situation where it was needed. Finally, he did conclude, he messed up. "It might seem like I hadn't thought about that. I suppose I'm quite right about being selfish then." That was most of an apology the man would be getting, especially after being yelled at. Childish, but he figured that side of him was open and on display from the moment he made contact with him.

At last, his body resumed getting control over his internal situation, but he still felt a tad bit sick from all that he had been through. Lucky for him this bathroom was rather clean or any smell would have resulted in a rather messy display of his breakfast. He rubbed his eyes as he pulled his feet closer to himself, trying to ease the discomfort and also to check if he was good to stand anytime soon. His breath started to stabilize and the heaving slowly stopped. His eyes peeked past his fingers as he put his glasses back in place, pulling them off right away since he didn't quite need them unless he was reading. Was he implying that his powers caused more damage than he intended? Was this why he was so tense about killing him?"You are fine." he retorted again, pushing himself back on his feet but using the wall to support himself. "I told you, even if it came to that, my body instantly tries to heal itself before I can be pronounced dead." he'd add, looking back up at him as his lips tugged into a slight smile, smug even. "Not like you would have known but, I'm not a delicate flower, even if I might look like one."

He caught himself realizing the pain sure brought out some of the emotions in him, made him expressive than before. He could recall how it would just remind him of unpleasant ones - memories from his family, his mother - back when he was filled with so much emotional pain, pain he couldn't even word or comprehend why it hurt when he was physically fine. But it was there and the best medicine for him was to make himself hurt in a comprehendible way. There were times where he wished it would all just end, just like it did for a few others, including her. But fate or his body, or well, everything thought otherwise and pain became a twisted vice. This, didn't seem like the greatest story to tell the man who probably saw him as a suicidal madman, so maybe, it should be left for another time.

"Why, does broken not add to my charm?" he would counter when the other, a slight grin on his lips. His lips curled and pursed together again when he added that he might pass out if he did and his eyes darted back to the other. He straightened himself with the momentary push that drove him far enough to stand without support and take maybe a step or two closer to close the distance between the two, "Is that a challenge I hear?" he would respond before his body would start failing him, and his arm extended quickly to reach for the nearest support - the wall or the other, which ever came first. "I would pass with flying colors and you'd probably have to answer your boss for not being at your desk during your shift for a good few hours." he'd add with that same narcissism as before. One thing he could tell in the midst of his recovery and rather inappropriate banter, was that the other didn't seem as stressed as he was before. While he would like to take credit for that, he wasn't going to push him into another angry fit.

"I have enough skills gathered to last me another few centuries to come, living with a broken mind and rather stubborn body comes with its perks." he'd admit, the smug look slowly fading as he found himself slipping. It wasn't unlike him to do so, but he never quite enjoyed revealing too much about himself unless it had something to do with positions or limitations. "If it makes you feel any better, my vitals are already stabilizing. The temporary lack of motor skills is the adrenalin wearing off."

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:40 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Agitated and confused | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

"Clearly." He certainly has no doubts about the selfish parts. The part where he only thought about his own curiosity or desire for death or whatever it is he was doing...well that made things abundantly clear. Not to mention that the man seems to think that he hadn't done anything wrong because he believed he would live. A person can't live when their heart stops. Not to mention, he doesn't know what will happen if he holds on past that. Heart explosion? Probably not.

"You healing does nothing to dissuade any law enforcement or my employers. Your actions could cost someone else their life. The world doesn't revolve around what you want." He has learned that the world cares little for any one person's needs or wants. He's tried begging it for help or answers many times and it always gives him nothing.

He finds he preferred the man being on the floor. Because walking means he can get closer. Which is exactly what he does next, causing Avi to tense and dodge his outreaching hand. Letting him grab the wall for support gave him the opportunity to move closer to the door and further away from the man. "I don't challenge anyone to touch me. I don't take joy in what my touch does to people." Because usually it meant he was being left to also get rid of the body if it called for it. Luckily it didn't most of the time, as his ability is good at avoiding any detection and makes it look like a random natural death. He might have his own curiosity as to the limits the man has, or why he would want to be in pain at all, but he decides it is best not to open a can of worms he probably doesn't have the mental stability to tackle right now. He has his own issues to work through.

He's crossing his arms over his chest, standing at his full height in hopes that it will somehow deter the person from coming close to him. He doubts it considering the man's earlier actions, but he can only hope and focus really hard on not sending someone to the hospital today. "Good. Then you need no assistance and I can return to work."

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:38 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Playful, a tiny bit sick || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

The man's response might have made the other scoff. It had been a long time since he was met with such a guarded personality, it was amusing. Well, he did have an ability that wasn't necessarily the most welcomed but he would have thought someone trying to embrace it so willingly would make him less...guarded? He was probably missing out on the fact that he could likely see him as a threat, as someone who might want to misuse his abilities to hurt people. The only person he would be hurting would be himself though, but he wasn't going to play an advocate for himself just yet. Maybe not anytime soon.

"Nobody will find out what happened, not like I'm telling anyone." the man would state, reaching over to pat his cheek but stopped before he made contact, making it look like he was attempting to tease him. "The world sure doesn't revolve around what you want, but that doesn't mean you don't try and get what you want. As long as it isn't going to cause you trouble." he said, feeling the need to clarify where the limit lied, though in all honesty, he could care less about it. The man sounded quite pessimistic but he knew for a fact that it often came from people who had been through things in life. He might have not known what he had been through, but it wouldn't take a genius to figure it out. "It would ne nice if you'd stop dwelling on that could have happened because, nobody is hurt." he'd state, as bitter as it sounded, his intention was mainly to tell him that he could move on from it than think of the details of if Saeyong didn't make it. This again reflected on his lack to comprehend that this man could have been the one hurt.

"Really? Because that sounded like a challenge to me." he'd tease, barely keeping himself from tumbling over when the other dodged him. He was enjoying this, in his own twisted way, this play of cat and mouse and how he was just ticking him off and he was taking it. But for how long?

It seemed like he reached his limit, already? Saeyong visibly pouted, straightening himself up a little but instantly regretting it. It wasn't pain that bothered him, mostly just discomfort that wasn't the least bit enjoyable. "I never said I didn't need any assistance." he'd say, "I mean, unless you want to help me clean up any puddle of my breakfast, you could at least walk me to a table." he'd ask, holding his hand out. "I wont promise I would get closer, but I can be at an arms distance." he'd add.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:42 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Angry and guilty | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

If it were the Avi under mind control, no one would find out for certain. His father is nothing if not thorough when he's decided you are in his way. Able to look at you and plant thoughts or feelings into your head so you think they are your own. Make his sons believe that Masumi and Avi were brothers having an incestuous relationship so they would turn on the two and isolate them. Plant thoughts into Avi's head that Masumi was making him sick, making him go mad by giving him a taste of love but never loving him in return. That Masumi was using him, was the one putting thoughts into his head. He spent so much time digging into Avi's brain that it made it hard to remember who he was as a person before it. "I've learned that what I want is unobtainable, and I won't be the person who forces my way through to take something which I do not deserve. Especially at the cost of any more people." It was easier accept that the time he lost is gone, that his brothers are scarred, his lover and best friend isn't his anymore, and that he is a killer with blood staining his skin. Easier than succumbing to that monster he's become and giving his father what he wanted. He's not close to who he was before, who he wants to be now...but anything is better than that monster he once was.

He feels tension building between his eyes, his hand twitching at his side as he looks away to glare at the floor like it will swallow him whole to save him from this misery. "I have already hurt people because of this, I will not just brush it off like it didn't happen. People like you who have no care for the ones you hurt might have that luxury, but I do not." His nightmares never let him forget the people he's taken opportunities from. The families he robbed of a member they loved. The people he's probably traumatized along the way. Years and years with so many faces. Too many faces.

He's looking up after the man speaks again, making a request like he didn't just do something against a person's will. Free will is a thing, and his was completely disregarded yet again by another self-absorbed person. It's similar enough to what Rehan did to make his entire body tense with familiarity. His hand twitches as his expression returns to a blank slate and he starts stepping closer. If he can't reason with him, then he will have to channel something else. "I have been doing the least I could do to you already from the start of this interaction. I have taken every opportunity to spare you from the thing that has been ruining my life since I was born, and at every turn you have done whatever the hell you've wanted to." He's boxing him in against the wall, his voice an angry rumble. "I am reaching the limits in my patience of quietly taking the blatant disregard for people's boundaries. I have dealt with people who thought they were invincible too, it won't save you either."

He pulls away when the pressure he is pushing against the tiled wall starts to crack it, retreating from the man as his hand closes to a fist and he lets his nails dig into his skin to calm himself down. "You no longer require my assistance, and after what you did, I am am not inclined to provide it. Have your books in on time or we will fine you."[/b

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:26 pm

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Behaved? || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

The man's words seemed to have resonated with him in more than one level. Saeyong had his demons, some of them had him chasing after things he was never going to obtain either. He wanted to be just like his kind, well, his mother's kind to be precise, acceptance and a sense of normalcy. He wanted it so bad that he had taken lives, even when he didn't intend to, to do so. These demons would likely go down with him into his grave, but they weren't going to stop him from moving past that and chasing after everything else. Acceptance was something the two could relate on, though acceptance of different levels. There was one who accepted his fate and made himself, better than this one did, who also accepted his fate but moved past it with a darker, more tainted self. "You must be a real joy at parties." Saeyong would say after a moment to let his words sink in. "Quite noble of you to live that way, maybe I'll consider fixing my act some day and take lessons from you." he'd add, mostly to keep himself from sinking deeper into that rabbit hole.

It seemed like the man's words were just weighing down on him with each passing comment, though his face failed to reflect as much. While part of him was spot on, that he had the luxury of not caring, it wasn't the best blessing one could ask for. Sometimes he felt cursed more than blessed to be the way he was, but that feeling would fade as quickly as it came, because- well he was built different. He was built to kill, in a way. His kind killed with no remorse, so did he. He wasn't mad, he wasn't necessarily upset. Maybe it was that silly feeling from earlier on, but part of him wanted his story to be heard too. It happened from time to time, he weaved those feelings into his songs. Now wasn't the time for one. "When you live for over a century, you can't keep dragging those bones around.", though what he was intending to say, sans the filters was, "Sometimes they haunt me too, but I can't empathize with them." But, he wouldn't admit that.

Saeyong was soon to realize the price to letting his snappy tongue run the show, he did in more than one occasion. He was somehow, excited to see this change, barely budging from his position even when the man came threateningly close, that was until he had to make some distance between them.He knew what he was getting himself into at one point, he knew it wasn't going to end pretty, yet, he looked forward to it. To his surprise though, it seemed like the man wasn’t going to turn him into chum like some of the sailors back in the days would say. Disappointing. Though the look on his face read otherwise. He could tell there was quite a bit of distaste for him, understandable with how he was treating him. But how could he resist when he had such open doors to opportunities like these. "While I do understand, I have willingly chosen to embrace your true potential as it is, yet you worry about hurting me.” the other stated, while he should have probably taken the hint and piped down.

The man’s hands slamming against the walls made him flinch, his eyes still quite expressionless as he failed to display how startled his motion just made him, but his body did try to keep itself from harm for a change, shifting his limbs lightly so his vitals were safe. "I have been told I tend to ignore boundaries.” he countered rather calmly, avoiding eye contact as remained still. "I would say I’m working on it but honestly, it never registers.” he added truthfully.

The tile cracking beside him shifts his focus there, eyes peering at what could have been the state of his bones if the man did let hell lose on him. But he didn’t seem to be in a hurry to be in that state just yet. A good time didn’t have to be rushed. He pursed his lips as he was told off or what it seemed like the man was trying to cut all ties with him, looking back he asked, "Do I still get to collect my library card? I would still like to borrow those books.” he’d add, straightening up a little as he watched the door this time. While he quite enjoyed pushing people’s boundaries, he wasn’t very comfortable with his own being closed in, especially now that he decided to behave himself.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:14 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : guilty | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

"It will be on the counter." He called before the swing door fell shut again. Despite what happened, this IS his job, and he could get into trouble for denying a customer their card, or letting them sneak out with books on his watch. So when thean collected himself and could move on his own again, Avi will have his card waiting for him. But he will remember to be petulant about it and not address him again. He thinks he earned the right to be a little childish after all this. Especially since he already saw a woman waiting at the counter tapping her foot impatiently. He could have helped her sooner, had the man just left him alone to calm down and return to his work. He takes the seat behind the counter quietly, pulling back the man's card and book to leave off to the side for when he emerges.

Everything had spun all out of control in such a short amount of time. When he woke up today, he was finding himself excited about returning to work. Now, he felt dread building in the pit of his gut as he tries to apologize to the irate woman who had to wait for help. Her droning is easy enough to tune out, he has a lot to think about after all. What happened…what that might mean for him in the long run. Why he's even thinking about long-term effects like he plans to keep tabs. He's never had an interaction that lasts past death for any species really. He's still trying to get through the adrenaline that it pumped through him, his eyes glancing back to the bathroom now and then. It only sparks the woman to continue getting huffy with him. So he quickly gives her what she wants and promptly ignores her afterwards. Because he's been counting the minutes that the man is in the bathroom. Nearly holding his breath because now he is scared that the guy actually is dying, but just has a really good pokerface. Or maybe he lost balance and brained himself on a sink. With Avi's luck, if that happened, they might think he did it. There are cameras in the library which would have seen them both enter the bathroom and only one of them come out.

Instead of watching the bathroom the entire time, he goes about checking out the guy's books and putting them in one of their library tote bags with his card, and then proceeds to pretend to look busy by organizing the counter. If he worries too much about it, he might go back to check on him and make sure he won't be wanted for murder. If there is nothing wrong with the guy, that would only make for a conversation he doesn't want to have.

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:47 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Behaved recovery mode || I'm speaking to Nobody || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

Once the man had left and was clearly not coming back, the man sank back down to his feet, almost like the energy from him had been sucked out after standing up only for that short while. Either he was getting old and his body wasn't recovering fast enough, or the man really did a number on him from his touch. He didn't want to consider either options, but he wasn't necessarily going to rush out of the building just because he didn't like the way he was brushed off. Well, technically it was his fault for how he was treated, but he wasn't really in the mindset to face that at the moment. Did it always take this long for him to recover?

Saeyong's body was not used to this kind of injury, or feeling of injury or the kind of injury the man induced. Most other injuries were something it got used to, it could even handle a bit of blood loss, but all required some amount of rest and while he wasn't giving himself a chance to recover, it seemed to be forcing him to give it that right now. Sitting there with forehead on his knees, he was considering calling someone to assist him home. But who would be kind enough to take the trouble to? Leon wasn't in town, he didn't want Candy to see him like this and well, nobody really came to mind that he could contact other than them. He could take a taxi home, but the issue also lied in getting to the taxi and up to his apartment. The most pleasant time to be him, right? Back in South Korea, he could have made it home some way or the other, the company would at least try and save face by having his agent make sure he made it home alright. He was starting a-new so he didn't have an agent, he didn't have those so called friends either, he had nobody. The feeling was unpleasant, but his body was still pushing him to recovery. Maybe if he just rest his eyes for a little bit and let his body get the rest he needed.

"Look at this freak! FREAK!" A sharp inhale and the man jolted his body straight hitting the back of his head pretty bad from the sudden move. His eyes wide like he had just seen a ghost and a sweat broken on his forehead but after the hit, his attention shifted immediately to the pain and his face scrunched to a wince. It could have been a nightmare from his mini powernap that his body forced on him, which he quickly brushed off, knowing fully well it was just a bad memory. Though, he wasn't sure how long he was...asleep here? Slipping his hand into his pocket, he tried to judge the time, but he wasn't really keeping tabs after he was with the other. It couldn't have been that long right? How embarrassing, did someone see him here like this?

Forcing himself up to his feet, his hand would go back to his hair to make sure he wasn't bleeding, but also rub it occasionally and soothe the spot lest he'd have a bump there. His body still wasn't back to its full glory, but he was sure he could at least make it outside the establishment. He splashed some water on his face to get rid of some of the fatigue before he walked out, his hand still reaching for the spot as he mumbled to himself when he felt the spot tender and slightly elevated. For someone who enjoyed pain, the ones on the head weren't exactly the most pleasant. At least he didn't feel like throwing up anymore.

"I'm here to collect my stuff." the man said once he was at the counter, leaning over it a little to keep his fatigue get the better of him but played it off as playfully as he was earlier. He did notice the little tote bag, but he didn't want to assume and just take it for himself if it wasn't for him. That and, he was still going to poke the bear for as long as he could. "I hope you didn't miss me too much." he'd state, "Do you think they make books on pessimists who like to play hard to get?" he'd add while he waited, his fingers curling along his hair a little along the spot that hurt.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:02 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Relived but also confused… | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

His concern was about to win out, as he is standing to go back to the bathroom when he finally sees the door open and the man emerging. His sigh of relief is shaky, and he realizes that his panic was making his hands tremble again. Though his face is its usual blank mask, he was going through so many emotions. Panic because he is worried he killed someone else, concern and fear for the man he left alone after hurting, relief crashing down on him for the man turning out alive after all. He can't have another skeleton in his already overflowing closet. He just can't. "Are you alright?" He hadn't meant to say it out loud, it just slipped out the minute he thought of the words. Perhaps it is the fact that the acrid stench of exhaustion was polluting the man's own unique scent, or because in some way he reminded him of Masumi with that carefully crafted mask he puts up so you don't see that he isn't actually okay. Point is that he said it, and he can't really undo that fact now.

He takes the tote and slides it forward to give it to him, not really sure what else to say. The awkwardness of the situation is sinking in, making him uncomfortable enough to take his seat again and nervously straighten papers. He had hoped the man would go away after taking his tote and seeing the slip which told him his books were checked out, but he should have known better that it wasn't going to be that easy. Not with this one.

He frowns, his gaze looking back over to the man as the crease between his brows increases with the tease. "I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. I don't believe in chasing what is out of your reach. Just like this conversation is out of the reach of my understanding so I will be choosing not to have it." What does he mean playing hard to get? Octavius is pretty sure he hasn't been playing at anything. He's been doing his best to avoid conflict!

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:50 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Behaved recovery mode || I'm speaking to Nobody || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

The man's gaze went up to meet the other when he heard what he did, it just caught him off guard after their interaction earlier that he would even ask him that. He was still quite concerned even then that he might have killed him with his power, maybe if he didn't have this ability to heal himself, he would have, but here he was, in a less than perfect state. Alive none the less. He took a moment to gather his thoughts. He was considering for a moment to play off his exhaustion as nothing but despite the lack of intonation, he felt like he could give the man the satisfaction of some light to his situation. "Exhausted enough to have taken a catnap on the bathroom floor. I woke up and bumped my head quite hard." he admitted, rubbing the spot again. "I just hope nobody saw." he'd add in a quiet mumble, reaching into his pocket with his free hand for another little vice he had, a cigarette, but left it there reminding himself he wasn't allowed to, especially indoors.

"Are you alright?" he'd ask, uncertain if the man was still worried about if he would end up gone for good or if he simply asked him as courtesy. He would be lying if he didn't admit how nice it actually felt that he checked up on him, after realizing he had nobody to do so, in the unlikely event that he had kicked the bucket. Saeyong took the tote and took a peek inside, looks like everything was already checked out. Maybe it was courtesy after all, which made him feel like there was a chasm within him that he interpreted as feeling sick again. His face showed no change of sort, a mask of his own that was built from his failure to express himself.

"Did you assume I was talking about you?" the man asked, propping his chin on his desk as his lips tugged into a playful smirk. He was right it was about him, but what fun would it be if the siren didn’t get the satisfaction of teasing him a little further."Quite bold of you to assume that, isn't it? Especially since I was just asking you of the existence of such a book." he teased. He straightened himself up again and found himself reaching for his pocket again.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:22 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : A customer | Mood : Confused | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

His body straightens at the mention of him hitting his head, horrified that his paranoid thoughts about the guy braining himself were actually manifested in some way. It wasn't like he actually thought that would happen! "No one....had complained about a man sleeping in the bathroom." His way of telling him that he wasn't seen like that without telling the guy that he knows only because he's been watching the bathroom door the entire time and would know if someone entered. "I thought you might have brained yourself on a sink..." He probably didn't need to share that, but again, he's already done it. Sometimes he hates his brain to mouth filter malfunctioning. It is why he usually just answers in caveman grunts or stares like they can read his mind.

He had not been...expecting that. With all of the teasing the man does, him even asking is kind of a surprise, which is probably why Avi's reply comes out sounding skeptical. "I...suppose despite the whole part where I thought I almost killed a man..." It is a little hard to have claim to being 100% when something like that happens. "I am...relieved that you didn't get your brains all over the bathroom. I don't want to clean up blood..." The conversation is clearly a weird one, if the woman's face he catches as she quickly walks away from them is anything to go by. He's aware he sounds like some kind of weirdo, but to be fair....he kind of is?

The tiny increments of tension that left him return as he is back to looking annoyed instead of confused and a little bit mystified. Because he thought that the man would stop teasing him finally........only for him to tease him more. "I am certain one does somewhere." He absolutely refuses to take that bait this time. He even goes as far to clamp his teeth down on his tongue so he can avoid saying anything else. Like something incredible stupid or fuel for more teasing.

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:21 am

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Cheeky, recovery mode || I'm speaking to The librarian || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

"That's a relief, especially with that jolt I had. It would have been quite embarrassing." he would respond, finally drawing his hand away from the back of his head but left a slightly tousled spot now where he kept touching. Honestly, he could live with the embarrassment, he lived through quite a few instances as such that he had grown quite the thick skin but it would be rather unpleasant if he was going to frequent the place. Hearing the man when he thought he would have bumped his head on the sink, his lips dropped to a frown as his arms crossed across his chest rather defensively, "My skull isn't that tender. I'm not a child." he would respond. Was he not listening the whole time? He wasn't as delicate as he seemed! A minor bump like that wouldn't even break his skin, the proof of it was on the back of his skull.

Listening to him, the man might have felt that prickly feeling of guilt. He was only curious about his powers but it seemed like he just dug up some skeletons he would have rather kept hidden. While he should have apologized, he chose to fixate on other little details, even the ones that were starting to tick him off. For example, him still considering he couldn't take a little bump on his head. "I wouldn't die that easy of a head bump, you can see for yourself if you're that concerned." he responded, promptly turning around and parted his hair with his hand to prove it to him. He did catch the woman walking away from them, but he disregarded it before he glanced over to make sure the other was convinced. "Also, a man has a name." he stated as he turned around, "Sae-yong Joon, Saeyong is fine but I'll also accept baby, honey or even darling. You're welcome to be creative with your names too." he'd continue as he resumed his position, leaning on the counter again, "What should I call you? Because, mine might be too soon."

While Saeyong was getting his kick out of teasing the man, he could see the man's tense jaw and fairly assume he wasn't happy with him around. He did check out his books and set them up ready for him to leave, but then again, he did express some form of concern for him. Was it really concern? "I can leave if you want me to." he'd say, "Just say the word."

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:32 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : Saeyong | Mood : Much confused… | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

"I regenerate, that doesn’t mean I can’t be hurt. That I don’t scar or bleed, nor does it mean you won’t try to hide how strong or weak your healing actually is." He gives a shrug, showing that he has no way of really knowing how strong a person’s regenerative abilities are. In his experience with them, they are different from person to person. And more often than not, a person will talk up their regeneration in order to dupe you into thinking there is no point in trying. They want to assure their survival, so why would they tell you when their healing is actually weak? "It tends to not take hold when you have to constantly remind people that you are an adult. It is quite childish to say that." He may be an adult physically, but Avi gets the feeling that he tends to act less like one mentally so he can avoid adult problems. Makes him wonder what that is even like, being a child who actually gets to be a child.

He does look, even though he's pretty sure he doesn't need to. If the man had broken skin, he's pretty sure he would be seeing blood pretty easily with light hair. "Brain damage neutralizes healing factors." He isn't going to say how he knows this, just that he does. Rehan likes to test limits, and what better way to test it than on someone you already plan to make disappear? His father is a sick and vile man which he will never hope to ever understand. "You don't want to be seen as a child…but you want to be called a baby? Honey is reserved for people sweet, so vinegar seems more fitting for someone who likes to cause trouble. Since I have met you, nothing seems even remotely darling about you." He starts looking at the computer again, going through the list of people he will need to call for their overdo books. "Your significant other is going to have some trouble nicknaming you, I can tell." It goes over his head that it was meant for him to say, at least until the bit about his own name. He stops mistype, his gaze falling back onto the man as it all finally clicks in his head. "What." Back to caveman speak.

He doesn't have time to process that information before the man, Saeyong which he knew the name of already, is offering to leave. It takes a lot for his brain to work through all their conversations to see that maybe this all stemmed from poor attempts to flirt. With him. Avi…the man who glares at the computer like it just offended him. "This is a public establishment, I couldn't make you leave, even if I wanted to." His gaze returns to the screen, but his focus is totally shot now. Is he that dense? "and it is Octavius, not "mine"."

ll Neo ll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:04 pm

❛ Saeyong Joon ❜
                        I'm feeling Cheeky, recovery mode || I'm speaking to Octavius || Where am I? The library || What am I wearing? Casually lurking

"That still doesn't mean one slip and my guts or brain are all over the floor." he countered rather childishly. There weren't many that could draw out more emotions, expressions or feelings from him, but this man just put himself on the list by doubting his abilities. While he wasn't one to brag, he still didn't enjoy being targeted like this. A cracked skull...over a sink accident?! He audibly huffed at him when he referred to his words as childish, thinking back though, this wasn't the first time he was referred to as that or even called a child. Most first impressions made him out to be a child, even when he wasn't. A blessing in disguise some may say, yet a pain sometimes. "Jealous of my elixir of youth, just like everyone else." he'd state which would come off as a childish mumble.

"Are you saying I've damaged my brain now?" he'd ask, though his tone less defensive and more skeptical now as he was considering it. He knew that bad hits to the head could give concussions and he didn't know how badly the man had injured him either, was he actually ill and he didn't realize? A sense of calm quickly washed over him as he looked back at him, rather unimpressed "I think you're a century too late with that joke, I've already shown perfectly functional healing factors with a messed up noggin." he stated, using some vocabulary he picked up in those early days with those fishermen. While he should have stopped to ask, why he even knew that, he simply assumed he read too many books. Or, well, something to do with him being aware of his abilities. His thoughts halted when he would hear him come up with a comeback for each of the nicknames he listed, but instead of saying something back, he found himself trying to hold back a little fit of laughter. Again, he turned out to be one of the few people who could draw out something from him. He waited, watching him with a slight smile now until it finally hit. "What?" he asked back, pursing his lips so he didn't laugh.

The man watched him like he was the most amusing thing he had ever laid eyes on but seeing how he wasn't going to get a clear answer, he reached out with his hand and poked his forehead with a finger only enough to keep those brows from knitting into each other and moved it away before any pain could settle in. "Octavius, I'm asking you not as a client, but the man who has been under your skin all afternoon, if you want me to leave." he rephrased, "And stop frowning, you'll get early wrinkles and start looking older than me." he'd add.

O.O.C.

tiny14xx2

ll Neo ll

Invisible Noob

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:20 am
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Location : Soleil Library | Company : Saeyong | Mood : Much confused… | Residence : 1513 Lumiere Housing District | Profile : Here

But it doesn't mean that it wouldn't happen either. It is something he thinks to himself, but ultimately chooses not to point out. "I regenerate just as you do, I have no reason to be jealous." And his senses allowed him to catch that petulant mumble. See? Childish. He tries his best not to look too smug about it...but that isn't an emotion he has the luxury of often, so he doesn't do a great job of it. He didn't have to be right, but that doesn't mean he is immune to the satisfaction of it. It feels kind of nice to not doubt himself for once when he says something.

"You could have before today. It would honestly explain a lot." it is possible to damage parts of the brain and not be a vegetable after all. You just lose the ability to filter out the things you say and fear things which should be feared. Again, it would explain so much about Saeyong. "And I am not joking. It is a fact that once your heart stops moving, or your brain is damaged past a point of you lacking the function to know your body needs healing, your regeneration is practically useless. I have even seen those who still heal retain mental damage which exceeds their healing regardless of being repaired." He's grateful for something else to talk about at least. He hasn't exactly fully processed his revelation of the man having been flirting this entire time.

He's grabbing the man's hand again out of reflex, instead of squeezing it like before, his hand is barely gripping. Releasing it, he gives a sheepish look and tries to focus back on his monitor. "I do not care either way." It isn't like there is much work he is getting done at the moment. "I do not get wrinkles. Cambions do not age either."

ll Neo ll

● Uptown Soleil

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces