Submit

Pink Tubby Custard

Generous Fatcat

16,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 pm
I just started working at a local bakery about three weeks ago, and today an hour into my shift they called me in to tell me that I was fired because I called in sick half an hour before my shift started yesterday and that I still wasn't working fast enough for them. Now my depression is really setting in badly and I feel absolutely horrible. How do you cope with being fired?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:19 pm
Aw you just gotta keep on going :c
You'll find another one

Rito Village

Haiku

Bashful Kitten

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:48 pm
I wish I could get fired, I really want unemployment. I'm literally writing this at work right now hahaha. (God my job sucks... I'm working a 12 hour shift today because there aren't any other supervisors who can come in) It's awful what happened to you, but the same thing happened to a friend of mine, who also worked at a bakery, and my sister at a cafe. Apparently she was "too slow". Now my friend works at a sports store and my sister is a nanny. Depending on where you live, finding a job can be really easy. Try looking at craigslist and glassdoor for job openings. Try not to let it get you down, and keep applying to different places. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:12 am
I'm still trying to figure that one out. I got laid off last week and I'm still kind of in a daze from it. I've mainly just been frantically job hunting.
It's also good to have a support system to help keep your depression from getting the better of you. Luckily I have my husband, my roommate, and my best friend helping me with that.  

Swivils42

Victorious Waffles

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:20 pm
I let myself cry when I need to since it's a good form of release and pour myself into my interests. Seeing as I have the time. Or do something productive like pixel art I've been meaning to do so I feel that sense of accomplishment, confidence, and pride.  
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games