Welcome to Gaia! ::

♡~Everybody Wants to be a Cat!~♡

Back to Guilds

If you love cats, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Animal, Cats, Contests, Feline, Kitties 

Reply ✎All about your cats! Tell us everything!✎
The Ladies of My House =^.^=

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:52 am
So I have two lovely cats. The first is Mihoshi, who is a long hair gray calico. I don't really know her age, but I guess she's around 5, since she's been in the neighborhood since I moved here 3 years ago. She was abandoned by her owner, who literally moved overnight. She was left with two others, one disappearing and the other going feral. One night my fiance came home from work, and she came out of nowhere wanting love and food. She followed him into the house like she already owned it cat_xd She is very playful, and will eat everything in sight, if you let her. However her and my son aren't very good friends. He thinks she's a stuffed animal. I'm working on that.

The other lady of the house is Miss Trina. Trina turned 14 July 7th. She is very sweet, but kind of picky about who she will let touch her. Her story is sad for both her and myself.

6 years ago my best friend and I were having a random discussion. We wound up talking about our animals, and how bad we'd feel if anything would ever happen to us and no one would take care of them. So my friend and I made a pact. If one of us died, the other would take our animals and care for them as our own. That was sometime during the summer. That December, on the 28th, she dropped dead in her living room from an accidental overdose of her seizure medicine (or so the autopsy said cat_stare .) I didn't hesitate to hold up my end of the pact, and took her dog and Miss Trina for my own. The dog eventually went to live with her brother because she got a bit snappy with me and my other fur babies. But I've had Miss Trina ever since, and will have her till she finally leaves for the golden litter box in the sky. She prefers to be outside, and spends most of her time sleeping on the fence in front of my house. She is the only cat I've ever had that will turn her nose up at anything but cat food.

That's a long one. Sorry for that, I got a bit carried away cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:51 pm
That is such a sweet story!! I am so happy that you held up your end of the bargain and took in her pets!! I'm sorry for your loss but you are a true best friend in that sense! heart

Purrpurrmeow

Sarcasdick
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:56 pm

May the fallen rest in peace,
Oh my.
I'm so sorry about your friend.
That's incredibly unfortunate.

I'm glad you held your end of the bargain, though. You're a good friend, and I'm sure Miss Trina appreciates it too!

I'd love to see pictures, if you have any. ^^
and may the rest fall to pieces.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:49 pm
Purrpurrmeow
That is such a sweet story!! I am so happy that you held up your end of the bargain and took in her pets!! I'm sorry for your loss but you are a true best friend in that sense! heart

That's what best friends are for, right? 3nodding  

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 pm
Sarcasdick

Oh my.

I'm glad you held your end of the bargain, though. You're a good friend, and I'm sure Miss Trina appreciates it too!

I'll definitely post pics of them. If I can't find any on my laptop, I'll snag my fiance's phone tomorrow and take some.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:16 pm
The Batcat

How very sad, so sorry to hear about your friend. heart

Yes, get pics posted. I need to get current ones of my pair too.  

Simply Keira

Animal Lover

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 pm
Here are their pics!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:25 pm
Simply Keira
The Batcat

How very sad, so sorry to hear about your friend. heart

Yes, get pics posted. I need to get current ones of my pair too.

Got em' up! Btw, I grabbed your glow sometime today... off topic, but yeah cat_lol  

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:02 pm
Mihoshi sounds like she knew what house was the best one on the block! ;D lol
Awwwh all kids hafta learn eventually. I'm sure it will get better between them c:
Oh wow o.o Thats dramatic and traumatic! At least you guys were able to have that discussion. I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend, I can't imagine :c
Miss trina is lucky she found a good home after such an event heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:29 pm
The Batcat
Sarcasdick

▌May the fallen rest in peace,▌
Oh my.

▌and may the rest fall to pieces.▌

I'll definitely post pics of them. If I can't find any on my laptop, I'll snag my fiance's phone tomorrow and take some.

Awesome ^^ I'm looking forward to them<3

Sarcasdick
Vice Captain

Dangerous Gatekeeper

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:08 pm
madelynheston
Awwwh all kids hafta learn eventually. I'm sure it will get better between them c:
Oh wow o.o Thats dramatic and traumatic! At least you guys were able to have that discussion. I'm so sorry for the loss of your best friend, I can't imagine :c

Thanks. If we could, we'd look into adopting a kitten for our son so he could learn all about proper care and treatment of cats with his own pet, but he and the ladies are all the budget can handle at the moment cat_xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:10 pm
The Batcat
madelynheston

Thanks. If we could, we'd look into adopting a kitten for our son so he could learn all about proper care and treatment of cats with his own pet, but he and the ladies are all the budget can handle at the moment cat_xd
Awwwh! Lol cx  

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100

The Batcat

Prodigal Loiterer

16,200 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:05 pm
Since I put up some pics of Miss Trina, I thought I would talk a little more about the ladies cat_3nodding

Whenever I go for a walk, like I did with my son today, Miss Trina will follow us like she's a dog. There is a ditch that the road crosses, and for some reason she never goes past that point. We'll keep walking to the mailboxes by the main road, and when we come back she's always sitting there waiting, falling in line behind us as we walk back to the house. All of my cats have done this in the past, especially one cat in particular. But I won't talk about her, it still hurts too much, even after 9 years.

And I have an update on the progress between my son and Mihoshi. I find it funny, adorable, yet disturbing all at the same time.

I'll have him sit down next to me, and put Mihoshi between us. I show him the proper way to pet her, and tell him that he has to speak in low tones and be calm so he doesn't freak her out. He'll do it after some persuasion, and she loves the attention. That's the adorable part. Now for the funny yet disturbing part... If she moves suddenly, he'll lean away from her, thinking she's going to claw him. But she doesn't. Instead, she'll sit up and stare at him, then take her paw and kind of bat at him. Sometimes she'll lightly mouth his arm or hand. It's disturbing because one might think she's trying to hurt him, but she's always careful. I think she's trying to coax him in her own way to be more assertive and not so skittish. I love these interactions between them, it's hilarious.

Miss Trina just goes with the flow. She knows she doesn't have to deal with it for too long and will be back on her fence in no time cat_xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 pm
The Batcat
Since I put up some pics of Miss Trina, I thought I would talk a little more about the ladies cat_3nodding

Whenever I go for a walk, like I did with my son today, Miss Trina will follow us like she's a dog. There is a ditch that the road crosses, and for some reason she never goes past that point. We'll keep walking to the mailboxes by the main road, and when we come back she's always sitting there waiting, falling in line behind us as we walk back to the house. All of my cats have done this in the past, especially one cat in particular. But I won't talk about her, it still hurts too much, even after 9 years.

And I have an update on the progress between my son and Mihoshi. I find it funny, adorable, yet disturbing all at the same time.

I'll have him sit down next to me, and put Mihoshi between us. I show him the proper way to pet her, and tell him that he has to speak in low tones and be calm so he doesn't freak her out. He'll do it after some persuasion, and she loves the attention. That's the adorable part. Now for the funny yet disturbing part... If she moves suddenly, he'll lean away from her, thinking she's going to claw him. But she doesn't. Instead, she'll sit up and stare at him, then take her paw and kind of bat at him. Sometimes she'll lightly mouth his arm or hand. It's disturbing because one might think she's trying to hurt him, but she's always careful. I think she's trying to coax him in her own way to be more assertive and not so skittish. I love these interactions between them, it's hilarious.

Miss Trina just goes with the flow. She knows she doesn't have to deal with it for too long and will be back on her fence in no time cat_xd

Awwh I'd imagine your right, she must be playing or trying to comfort him as well that is so cute! It sucks hes afraid she'll scratch or something still but sounds like quite a bit of progress c:  

Maddy-Mazey
Captain

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
✎All about your cats! Tell us everything!✎

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers