My Boyfriend (Advice Needed!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cheyenneOKAY

Liberal Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:04 pm
My boyfriend is sexually attracted to males but fell in love with me? He is a gender-fluid by the way if it matters. Should I enjoy our asexual relationship or should I just break up with him even though I love him? yum_strawberry  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:11 pm
So, if I'm understanding correctly, he is romantically attracted to you, but not sexually, right? If that's the case, the answer to your question -- where you should go from here -- is something you have to answer yourself. Can you handle a completely asexual relationship, potentially forever? Are you comfortable with that possibility? Have you considered how you will handle your own sexual feelings, and how he might feel the day he has to tell you that he's incapable of returning them?

Everyone's different, but from how you described your situation, it sounds a bit problematic, and it sounds as if this can get tense or explosive in the future if you're not clear about what it is you want and need from a relationship with this guy. Breaking up with him because he cannot have sexual chemistry with you, when you might need that sexual chemistry, is not cruel to him or to yourself; it might be what's best for the both of you to pursue what it is you want.

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:41 am
Ebania
So, if I'm understanding correctly, he is romantically attracted to you, but not sexually, right? If that's the case, the answer to your question -- where you should go from here -- is something you have to answer yourself. Can you handle a completely asexual relationship, potentially forever? Are you comfortable with that possibility? Have you considered how you will handle your own sexual feelings, and how he might feel the day he has to tell you that he's incapable of returning them?

Everyone's different, but from how you described your situation, it sounds a bit problematic, and it sounds as if this can get tense or explosive in the future if you're not clear about what it is you want and need from a relationship with this guy. Breaking up with him because he cannot have sexual chemistry with you, when you might need that sexual chemistry, is not cruel to him or to yourself; it might be what's best for the both of you to pursue what it is you want.
THIS is the best advice i've ever read, and I second everything she said.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:28 pm
Thank you! emotion_hug

Levina-jade
THIS is the best advice i've ever read, and I second everything she said.

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

cheyenneOKAY

Liberal Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:53 pm
Ebania

I actually would rather enjoy a asexual relationship. Sex has never really been my thing. Plus he doesn't mind getting a bit sexual (Me giving him blowjobs,handjobs,etc.) It's just sex that scares him and I don't really mind blowjobs or handjobs because I don't like the idea of being pleasured by anyone but myself (It's easier that way). Thank you. x I think he is the one. c;  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:56 pm
I'm super relieved to hear that, and I'm happy for you. Best of luck with him. ^__^

cheyenneOKAY
I actually would rather enjoy a asexual relationship. Sex has never really been my thing. Plus he doesn't mind getting a bit sexual (Me giving him blowjobs,handjobs,etc.) It's just sex that scares him and I don't really mind blowjobs or handjobs because I don't like the idea of being pleasured by anyone but myself (It's easier that way). Thank you. x I think he is the one. c;

Ebania

Sarcastic Prophet

johnlennonandcupcakes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:38 am
Depending on your dynamic, I think it's definitely possible to have a sort of open relationship with him. If you two are amazing together, you can be life partners forever, and the both of you can maybe have flings on the side if that's what suits your fancy.

You have to talk to him about what he wants, as well.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games