Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 24. ✿ - - - Life Issues
I need people to speak to me before I lose my head!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IbukiHoshi

Superpowered Sex Symbol

24,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Overstocked 200
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:18 pm
3 months ago, I gave birth to the most beautiful baby girl. Her father and I couldn't be more happy, but the place where we were living? We absolutely HAD to leave so now we live in a small country town. I know NOTHING about this place whereas he knows just about everything. I have no friends here, no family here...Nothing.

He recently got a job that end soon and still hasn't started looking for a second one. I'm feeling like I'm doing all of the baby work and, soon enough, all of the work in general:

-House cleaning
-Baby duties
-Two jobs that I have to WALK back and forth from(Wal-Mart and a Factory job. Hoping to get both)

His family that we're living with basically wants us to have enough money to get moved into an apartment by next month or we HAVE to go back to living with my boyfriend's mother. Honestly, I could have had a job by now if everyone in the house other than me didn't work in the morning..We have no money for daycare, so we have to work our schedules around for someone to be with her..

I feel like I'm going to implode!! I feel that every second that she screams, I should scream for my own sake before I absolutely lose it. I know that she cries when her father holds her, but that's not going to change if he just hands her off to me when she gets the big screams. When she gets to crying WHO is she passed off to? Me. I tried BEGGING him to let me leave her with his mother or SOMETHING...move back to my home town where I know people and he just seems so against it..I feel so isolated and it's eating away at me..I can't go out and do anything fun without getting upset that my friends aren't with me...people that I KNOW.

What's wrong with me..?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:51 am
I am so sorry that I did not see this until just now. I don't visit these forums as often as I used to. sad

Since I haven't been in your situation, I don't know how much I can help.

I can tell you that your boyfriend/husband needs to step up. He MUST get another job lined up before his current one ends. Your little family is depending on him; he doesn't have the luxury of waiting to see what happens. He should also apply for unemployment after his current job is over if that's an option where you live.

Could he be depressed? I'm concerned because I had a couple friends in a situation that deteriorated rapidly due to the husband's depression. He was the family's sole support, and he exhausted both his job options and his unemployment. His wife didn't find out they were not going to have an income until it was too late. He attempted suicide, they separated, and pretty much lost everything but their children. cry

Do you have any kind of social support? Are there options for free counseling? Would you be comfortable talking to a pastor or priest?

You can't carry your family alone, it will run you into the ground. If your boyfriend/husband can't or won't help, you're going to have some hard decisions coming up.

Take care, and keep us posted. heart  

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers