Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Walking Waters
[FIN]So you want to be a Brave?[Gundisalv x Sahasi]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:22 pm
User Image

It was a fresh morning at the edge of the lake where it seemed to be the most peaceful. It was the one spot that the large blue male came for his meditations and as the spot he wanted to train his recruits, if there was any that were interested in giving their lives to solely serve their tribe, their culture, their magus and their Grand Weaver. If a recruit could not give their lives in the future for these things that makes them who they are and what they will become in the new present and future given to them then becoming a Brave was not their profession.

It sounded harsh. It sounded strict but Gundisalv the first Brave was serious about this. Dead serious. It was his calling and his duty to be here to train and raise Braves that will serve the tribe proudly in every way that was necessary. That included training Braves who can accompany River-minded individuals to protect them from any foreign encounters that might take a turn for the worse if their diplomatic ways do not work. After all hostile forces didn't think clearly even when they were being given a peaceful message.

Gundisalv sat among the tall grass at the edge of the lake where he had taken his very early morning swim and finished his meditations to simply enjoy the moment. He had expressed to those Water tribers that were awakening that he was to be training Braves and those that felt the calling were to find him. If they could find him that meant they were looking hard enough to find out more about being a Brave and doing something much bigger than themselves.

Taking a deep breath, Gundisalv tilted his head up to the gentle rays of he morning sun waiting and silently hoping that someone would come to find and take their calling into their hearts and souls. He hoped that he wouldn't be the only one to carry on this important mantle as it deserved to be shared with others who were like him in being a Brave. Yes there was a lot riding on him as he needed to know his recruits before doing anything at all with them individually and as a group.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 am
User Image

Sahasi had seen him once before, after awakening, talking about what he hoped. Braves to serve under him. It sparked something in her, listening to him talk. But she hadn't said anything right away, examining the feeling thoroughly before taking any kind of action. It was best to be cautious in that way. It was a big decision, after all.

Still, after thinking about it, and wandering around the city for a while, she still felt herself drawn back to his words, and back to him because he was their General, he would teach them how to do whatever it was that needed doing.

So she followed him. At a great distance, because she didn't really want to be seen just yet, and he seemed to have a place in mind. At the edge of the lake. It was peaceful as she approached, head up and proud until she got close enough to him and she bowed slightly.

"General, sir." She said softly, looking up at him, very intent. "I'm here to answer your call."

krusnik05

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:38 pm
DarkenWoodWolf

Ears flickering back at the soft sound of movement behind him, Gundisalv otherwise didn't move until the newcomer introduced themselves. To his surprise the newcomer was a female. The voice was unmistakably feminine that when he turned to look at her with a stoic look he raised a brow at her. Gundisalv was surprised that this female answered his call, his challenge and his ways to become something greater than themselves. Standing up smoothly, the powerful male moved around the female to take in her physical form.

It wasn't done in a romantically or rudely. It done to understand her height and size, gauging the power in her limbs until he stood face to face with her. "So you want to be a Brave? Tell me why you want this. I want to know and see your heart in your eyes that you mean it." Gundisalv wanted to know what motivated this female to come here to want this life when she could have been any number of professions better suited for her....

Gundisalv was impressed that she came here and would be even more so if she became his first female brave. This female would be a leading example that females can join among his ranks to be helpful and strong, for themselves and their tribe. "I will tell you now, I will not be easy on you because you are a female. All who join will be trained equally to your limits. When you have reached that limit tell me and the training will stop until I push you again to push past that limit. Knowing a little bit of that, does that change your mind?" Gundisalv's voice was deep and commanding but he showed great respect to this female and was polite rather than being rude and harsh. Gundisalv had that look but it was just his appearance that was harsh while his manners were good manners.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:25 pm
krusnik05

Sahasi stood still as he looked her over, having expected at least a once over to see if she was fit and ready to fight. She waited until he had made the full circle and was standing in front of her again, asking her why she wanted to be a Brave. She frowned at him, well, more through him. It was a difficult question to answer. Not one she had considered, actually. It was more that she knew she was going to be a Brave, not a choice, not a 'want', but a need. Sahasi didn't really know how to put that into words, but she would try.

In a moment, at any rate, as the hair on the back of her neck stood up as she tried not to growl at him, and his insinuation that because she was female, she was weaker. She knew on a basic level that he didn't mean it cruelly, that he wasn't trying to be rude, but it bothered her anyway. She could do as much as he could, she was certain of that fact.

Shaking her head slowly, structuring her thoughts, she held her head proudly. "I will be a Brave. I spent some time before I came here, considering what you had said, and what other options were available to me. I found that nothing meant more to me than protecting our Tribe from any threat. Nothing means more to me than that, General. So, I want to be a Brave so I can protect everyone, you included, sir."

Sahasi tilted her head and offered a deeper frown. "If you think you'll have to go soft on me because I'm a female, then you are mistaken. With proper teachings, I will be as strong as any male you take under your tutelage." She stepped forward and bared her teeth. "Nothing will change my mind. Sir." And she meant it.

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:55 pm
DarkenWoodWolf

The large male listened attentively to Sahasi's words and watched her closely for any physical sign of hesitation or a detection of a lie in the narrowing or twitching of her eyes, flickering of her ears or tail, and any uncomfortable shift in her body's position. He also tried to hear any falseness in her words.

Instead Gundisalv was face to face with a female who simply wanted to serve her tribe in protecting everyone, no doubt their culture and each other. That was very promising. Even more so was the impressive stance she took upon herself to let him know that she was not to be treated differently because of her gender and to give her the same opportunities as the males would.

Of course he was going to treat her the same as the males. Seeing the female bare her teeth at him, he growled sharply at her. "Baring your teeth at me is unnecessary unless you wish to see mines. You, female, will be treated with the same respects and fairness as the males. I am allowing you a chance to back out before I say anything but as you have impressed me with your words and this strong, passionate will to become a Brave then you will be trained.

There will always be a day when our skills will be needed and it is important to always stay on top of our peak physical, mental, emotional and spiritual condition."
He said and walked back to his spot at the edge of the lake looking over the water that sparkled under the sun, rippled by the gentle wind.

"What mind set do you have? If you are storm minded then I suggest you pick a spot to stay or else you'll waste my time and yours. Lake or river minded?" Looking at her seriously he motioned with his head for her to join him at the edge. "Give me your name, student, because that is what you are at this time until a much better set of a ranks are implemented and approved by our Magus of this tribe. It is essential that all learn respect of a chain of command to keep all organized."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:36 am
Sahasi ducked her head, chastised for the moment about baring her teeth and someone who would be her superior. "I'm sorry, sir." She meant it, too, like all her other words. "I mean no disrespect. I just wanted to be sure you would treat me, a female, the same way as you would any of your other recruits." And she had her answer, he would. Which was a relief, she didn't want to have to fight him on that. She didn't want to have to fight him period, if she was to be honest with herself. Sahasi didn't have the training he was bound to have.

"I would like to be trained. Sir." She watched him walk back to the place he'd been when she'd arrived, and listened closely to what he had to say, what he wanted her to answer. "I believe I am Lake Minded, sir." Sahasi moved when she was instructed too, joining him on the edge of the lake, letting herself be moved by the beauty of it for the moment. "I am called Sahasi, sir."

Her heart flipped, happy that she was being accepted as a student so she could train properly and protect the others in her Tribe. She wanted very little else out of life. "I will learn everything you will teach me, sir." She turned her head slightly so she was looking at him rather than the lake. Serious to a fault, she meant every word she said. And she was looking forward to learning what he had to teach her. Maybe even rising through the ranks, that didn't exist yet, to be the first among the students. Sahasi would work hard, and harder than the rest if she had too, to achieve this goal.

krusnik05

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:27 pm
DarkenWoodWolf

Gundislav nodded at Sahasi. "Your words are clear as that is something that I've decided from the beginning. I do not see gender of the braves only the warriors before me and that will flourish in the future. You will be treated as equally as any males but know that I expect you to push as hard as they will because some of them will treat you as a female and not as a fellow brave. Be aware of such a thing, Sahasi and be the standard of female warriors of our tribe. Sahasi. That was a strong name for this strong female.

With her joining him at the edge of the lake the great male lifted his head slightly with his eyes narrowing against the sun's rays. "I am Gundislav. However you may call me Sir for now. There is still much to be done and developed but rest assured the physical aspect of training will be difficult and push you to limits you never imagined existed and to go beyond them. What our Magus Still Water has taught and still yet has to teach me will be taught to you and the other braves who wish to follow the same path.

Sahasi I challenge you to be the leading example of the high standard that is the back bone of our duty to our great tribe. I challenge you to be the best without taking the glory and gratitude to your mind. I challenge you to be yourself."
Once he had devised ranks and what their positions means in the whole general sense of things and had them approved by their Magus then he would direct those ranks out accordingly. Gundislav had a feeling that Sahasi would be one of the few who was going to be the leading example and leading braves among them all.

If that was so then he would have to charge her with looking after a female division which could be an interesting aspect since females did have needs and female things, he was sure, that a male such as himself wouldn't be able to understand. Such as seeking out a mate, the creation of idols and the need to raise those cubs. In other words, Sahasi would be the female perspective needed when that time came.

To focus on the present, Gundislav stared at the female at his side. "How well can you swim? How long can you breathe underwater? Today we begin with them and I will push you to your limit to know how better to take you beyond."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:51 pm
Sahasi nodded along with him, feeling proud that he would want her to be the standard for everyone else to follow. "I expect you to push me hard, Sir. It will be the only way that we will all be ready for whatever we need to protect the Tribe from. And if any of the males treat me as a female, instead of another Brave, I will show them that they are mistaken. I am both. They will respect that." She said with conviction. Even if she had to out fight ever male in the Tribe, they would respect her for being what she was.

"It is nice to meet you, Sir." Again, she nodded along, listening. She had no doubt that the training would be hard. "Will you be teaching me alone for now, Sir?" She had to ask, since he was out here by himself. Maybe waiting for others to join his, no, their cause. Was she the only one? She didn't ask, because she didn't need to know that this point. For training, that didn't matter. At least, for the physical part. If they were going to work on anything else, like strategy, she would need to know how many braves there were.

She held her head high, looking at him squarely. "I accept your challenge, sir." Sahasi would do her best to be the best of his braves, to stand first among them, males and females alike, without sabotaging who she was as an individual.

Considering his questions for a second, she had to wonder really how long she could hold her breath. She knew she could swim quite well, but hadn't pushed herself over a minute, trying to hold her breath. Honestly, she wasn't sure how long they could hold their breath. "I can swim well and hold my breath for at least a minute, but have never tried to go over that." Sahasi knew that she would be pushed to prove them both, and the pushed so that she could swim longer, faster, and hold her breath for longer and longer periods of time. It was going to be an interesting day, to say the least.

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:00 pm
DarkenWoodWolf

Gundislav admired the strength she had. He admired the iron will and the sincerity in her character. The blue male was beginning to see the true potential that would be there always, that will be ever consistent and a true inspiration for all who wished to be the best in order to serve and protect their tribe to the very fullest of their capabilities. Yet the male still gave her his serious scowl of a general with his even more serious words. "No doubt you will stand up for yourself however any such thing is to be directed to me. I need to be aware so that I may teach the lessons that are due. Everyone will be treated fairly no matter what you look like or gender."

Gundislav would take care of Sahasi just as he would take care of all of his future recruits that stepped up to join him and Sahasi. Nodding slightly he relaxed slowly letting go of his protectiveness of the female. "Yes. You are the only one who has come to me and answered the inner call of duty to your tribe. In time many more will come. I will train you until others come. Your skills will not be placed on idle until others come. No, you will be trained and in time when you are sufficient you will assist others with rank." Gundislav would have to spend a great deal of time do develop such a thing like a scroll of rules. Perhaps he would go to the scroll mistress to assist him in creating such a thing.

Gundislav stood up looking out at the water at her next words of accepting his challenge and answering his question. Slowly. Gundislav would push her slowly until Sahasi was okay with the training. "The day is clear. I smell no rain in the air with the breeze kind today. Our Grand Weaver is giving us a good day as a gift." The male stepped his front paws into the water. "Then come Sahasi. As the first things we will do is swim laps back and forth. We will go as far as you can managed and come back. We will stop when your muscles are shaking and can move no more. I want to build up your strength so that perhaps you can cover half of the lake several times without becoming fatigue."

Not needing to repeat his command for her to come with him, Gundislav entered the cool welcoming water, purring softly at coming back to his old friend.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:54 am
krusnik05

Sahasi ducked her head, chastised for the moment. She would do as he said, and report and problems to him. "Yes, Sir." But, in all honesty, she thought he had enough to worry about without the petty problems of those who followed him. Such things could be handled without his direct supervision. He had so much else he had to be responsible for. Maybe she could help him in some way with the petty discrimination that was probably going to happen in the lower ranks.But that was an idea for another time. She was just a new recruit, after all.

Secretly, she was pleased that she was the only one who had showed up, the first of his recruits. It would put her in a position above the others, because she was the first. And she planned on holding that position, she would be the best of his soldiers. She would. But, she was also upset that no one else had answered the call of duty. While they were bound to be excellent, once she was trained, they couldn't hold and protect the territory all on their own. "I hope more step forward for training. We will need others to protect everyone."

Sahasi smiled slightly and nodded, accepting the training session without a word. She didn't need to say anything, just sliding into the water silently behind him. Her smile broadened a bit at his purr toward the water, but then she focused on what she was supposed to do. Swimming laps wasn't a chore. It was something that she would probably enjoy until she got tired, at any rate. Then it was going to be a chore, but as long as she got to swim...

With a deep breath, she plunged ahead into the water, swimming out at a sedate pace. There was no need to hurry or push herself yet, this wasn't a sprint. This was to test her endurance, and she planned to push herself to impress Sir.

Taking his words to mean that she was to go half way out into the lake and return as her lap, she did so, letting her legs push her along. It wasn't long before she got to the middle of the lake and had to turn around, ducking under the water just so she could feel it over her head, before she started back toward shore.

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:51 pm
DarkenWoodWolf
If you like this could be the end of this introductory role play =)

Gundisalv listened to the female speak and nodded slightly but said nothing else as the male didn't feel he needed to speak anymore on the matter. No the basic ideals were placed down and frankly that was enough for now since it was only Sahasi. Entering the water the large male stood deep enough where the water level touched where his upper chest and lower neck staring out with the water covering over the rest of his body and his tail swaying ever so gently like a sort of paddle while he was at a stand-still.

For a moment he was lost into the amazing moment in feeling like he was one with the water element. It was pure bliss to feel that spiritual connection.

With the silence stretching, Gundisalv's voice broke through it deeply. "Go Sahasi until I say you must stop. Go, future of this tribe." He murmured the last words softly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:48 pm
krusnik05
That works for me! We will have to RP them more, though. Maybe plot some training or something

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:32 pm
"So you want to be a Brave?" - RP
Characters: Gundisalv and Sahasi
Players: krusnik05, DarkenWoodWolf