Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ Plots & Quests ] The Square
[P] The Rangers! Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 pm
User Image

This world was woven by Milintica for all B'alam to see and wonder at. Though we may walk this earth and use it for our survival, we must remember, above all else, that this world was made for all equally, and that it was woven by the same as who wove us. This earth and we are brothers and sisters, and we must protect it as we protect our own family.

The Rangers are those who dedicate their lives to protecting the health of a piece of wilderness, ensuring that it stays living, healthy, and respected by all B'alam.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:42 pm
}{| About the Rangers

The Rangers are not a military organization.

They are not rulers, nor leaders. They do not own land, only take care of it for Milintica and for future generations.

Rangers are exactly what they sound like--guardians of the land and of the environment, who live within and patrol a patch of land. They can belong to any tribe or gender, protect any patch of wilderness not previously settled by B'alam, and even raise families. Their land can be forest, desert, canyon, mountain, tundra, dune, marsh, anything, really. So long as they take care of it and look out for it before themselves.

They act as guides for travelers, helping them through the wilderness and maintaining roads. They can act as messengers if need be, but they are, first and foremost, caretakers. They keep a common set of guidelines and remain in contact with each other as much as possible.

}{| Philosophy
Ranger philosophy puts an emphasis on harmony between Creation, nature, and B'alam. They are pacifists, though they are required to know enough about fighting to defend themselves. They are lovers of nature and tend to be devout, though strict adherence to religion is not required. Much of the Rules and Regulations mention Milintica specifically, but it is understood that some Rangers may interpret this as a metaphor for nature and balance (or whatever Creator they may believe in).

Rangers also respect diversity. Any member of any tribe may become a Ranger, and Rangers may be of any sex, orientation, or religious affiliation. This is an all-inclusive group united by philosophy and love of nature above all else.

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:51 pm
}{| Rules and Regulations

I: Caretakers
I.I As a Ranger, I will protect my land at whatever the cost. I will keep it healthy and safe.
I.II I will take whatever steps are necessary to maintain the health of my land, such as controlled wildfires or controlled culls.
I.III I will give thanks for every spirit taken from this world so that the land and B'alam might live.
I.IV I know that this land is not mine to keep or to own, and I acknowledge this. This land belongs to the Weaver and to our children as yet unwoven. I will keep this place for future generations and in respect of He who made it.

II: Guides
II.I I will give any B'alam who asks it guidance across my land.
II.II I will maintain trails so that B'alam may travel across my land; these trails shall be kept such that the wild is not disturbed.
II.III These trails will be kept safe and clear for passage; where trails are washed out by rain, I shall find new ones. Where rockfalls occur, the trail will be cleared or rebuilt. All must be done in the harmony of nature and of B'alam.

III: Protectors
III.I I will learn enough of fighting to defend myself and other B'alam from predators and those who would defy the peace of my land.
III.II I will learn enough of healing to defend myself and other B'alam from disease and injury.
III.III I will keep my land a safe and peaceful place.

IV: Family
IV.I I will stay in contact with other Rangers through messengers, through letters, and through Gatherings. Gatherings shall be called when three or more Rangers ask that it be. There the Rules and Regulations and crises shall be discussed. Changes will be affected by means of democratic vote. There are no rulers among Rangers.
IV.II More than one Ranger may protect the same land, so long as we work together. Two Rangers, after all, may be better suited to protecting a larger piece of land.
IV.III No B'alam may be driven from their home unless they are in mortal danger. I will respect my neighbors and those who live on my land, and work with them to protect our home. They will be warned of any danger such as wildfire, controlled burn, rockfall, or poor weather.

More rules and regulations may be added as needed. xP  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:52 pm
}{| Joining the Rangers

Pretty simple. Your character finds a patch of land that they think needs protection--either because it is a place of beauty or other worth, or because it's in danger of destruction--they contact the Rangers, they agree to the Rules and Regulations, and they're in. Anyone can join!

Out of character, it's a loose organization. It has no leader and they are beholden to know one but each other and their consciences. If your B'alam wants to join, just post here. I'll be keeping track of who all is a member of the Rangers. I hope that more people will join in, and that maybe there can be more structure in the future, and more recognition for them.

If a member of the Rangers wishes to leave, they can let the others know (by which I mean post here). Rangers who leave the organization may leave their land to another Ranger to take care of, or simply take the land for themselves to own.

If they break too many of the rules or show disrespect for the philosophy, they will be regarded as Rogues, and may therefore be considered one of those individuals "who would defy the peace of [the] land." Some other Ranger may come along later to take over their space, with or without their permission.

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know!

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:54 pm
}{| Members

Icpitl Earth Tribe, ♂
→Player: Geyser Eelborn
→Territory: A patch of deciduous forest. Location to be determined
→Allies and Associates: mate, Evren; three children.

Mbizi Earth Tribe, ♂
→Player: magnadearel
→Territory: A majestic conifer forest in the mountains. Location to be determined
→Allies and Associates: possibly his sister?

Aquaria Water Tribe, ♀
→Player: StarshineAngel01
→Territory: A deciduous forest in the mountains on the side of a lake; a river flows through the center, cascading in waterfalls throughout the forest. Location to be determined
→Allies and Associates: none

More hopefully to come! Allies and associates are any fellow Rangers with whom they share duties and anyone who might live with them.

}{| Map

Coming soon! Hopefully in the future, the space each Ranger maintains will be marked on a map.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:48 am
Says open. *plunks*

Mbizi
Player: magnadearel
Territory: like dis, and dat here too!
Allies: he has an adopted sister own by Angelics, and I'll have to ask if she wants to join this.  

magnadearel

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:31 am
magnadearel
Says open. *plunks*

Mbizi
Player: magnadearel
Territory: like dis, and dat here too!
Allies: he has an adopted sister own by Angelics, and I'll have to ask if she wants to join this.

Oo, pretty! <33  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:41 am
Geyser Eelborn
Oo, pretty! <33

Thankie. He really needed something and this spoke to him. ^_^  

magnadearel

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42 am
magnadearel
Thankie. He really needed something and this spoke to him. ^_^

I'm glad I could help. <3 And thanks for joining!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:24 pm
User Image
Player: StarshineAngel01
Territory: like dis, here too!, This too!!, this as well
Allies: None as of yet

**important to note:: she is my future magnus  

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:51 pm
StarshineAngel01
User Image

Thank you for joining! Could you please check out my description of her territory to confirm that it's more or less what you had in mind?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:18 am
Geyser Eelborn
StarshineAngel01
User Image

Thank you for joining! Could you please check out my description of her territory to confirm that it's more or less what you had in mind?
yup  

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100