Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Underdark
{PRP}Sky Rescue{Andrei x Canaria} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:28 am
StarshineAngel01

User Image

The sun hung at late morning in a clear blue sky. A bright yellow female woke slowly. With her eyes closed she could identify her surroundings by other means; hearing, smell, and touch. Canaria could feel herself laying on a bed of grass and smell the green scent as she moved. A breeze rippled over her body. Slowly she opened her eyes and took in the world around her. Some trees with wide branches hung over head. Though them she could see bits and pieces of blue.

Rising to her feet, the young female took a look at herself. Bright yellow all over with orange markings on all four feet. Odd appendages moved at her shoulders. Canaria craned her neck and watched them spread out. They baffled her. With concentration she folded them back up against her sides after she'd brushed the feathers across her face. Soft, but she couldn't see a use for them. There were a few birds calling in the trees above her. She followed the sweet sounds until she sudden found herself out in the open. Blue eyes opened wide at the sight of a huge blue endless expanse above her.

Her breathing started to come in gasps and her legs trembled. The Blue. She didn't know why and couldn't explain the sudden terror she felt at the sight of all that wide open space. It felt like it was trying to suck her paws off the ground. Utterly terrified the female raced back under the trees and ran through them trying to get as far away from it as she could. The trees and, unfortunately, the ground didn't extend far. Blinded by a few low branches she had her head down and eyes mostly closed.

Suddenly there wasn't anything under her. Canaria screamed as the ground dropping steeply down left her hanging for a second. She dropped and hit the side. Rolling she scrabbled frantically with her claws for purchase, anything to stop her plunge. A large slightly uneven lip rose toward her. Frantic now to stop she dug her claws in for any hold. Once, twice, her claws were pulled free. Her hind legs and rump started to go over and in a last ditch effort the female grabbed at a raised bump on the ledge. She stopped.

Canaria pulled herself back up and looked around for a way off. The chilling blue above her and what seemed an endless drop below. She scrabbled at the cliff trying to find a way to climb up. The female yelled and screamed and sobbed. In the end she had to give up trying to climb the cliff when her claws were nothing but raw, painful stubs. She curled around the lump that had stopped her in the hopes it would prevent her from falling into the blue sky now. Hours passed and still she called, hoping against hope that help might come. The sun had finally set as she cried, voice hoarse, alone on her ledge.

(Canaria WC:1,602
Andrei WC: 1,332)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:28 pm
magnadearel

User Image
Andrei was taking a leisure flight to get an aerial view of the surrounding areas that he called his home. He had some free time from his daily patrols and he figured he would get a aerial view of anything that would prove to be harmful and dangerous. His ears flicked forward as he heard faint sobbing, he wondered what would be making that noise. Following his instinct he followed the faint sobbing and as he got closer he could see a bright female curled up on a ledge.

He adjusted his wings and flew closer hovering lightly in front of the female, he took a moment to survey how he would approach her, but she seemed completely frightened so he would have to approach carefully. He shifted his wings once again and flew over to her before speaking up lightly, he didn't want to startle her, that would not be a good impression. "Hang on, I'm coming" he said before closing the distance between the 2 of them.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 pm
StarshineAngel01

Canaria by now had given up all hope of rescue. A blast of air against her body made her cry out and cower against the rocks in fear of being swept off. Then a voice called out above her. Hope! She lifted her head at the sound of the voice, certainly looking worse for her ordeal. The female tried her best to make room for her strange rescuer without coming any closer to the edge of the ledge than she absolutely had to. She huddled herself down but kept an eye on him lest he somehow knock her off.

"Save me please! I thought no one was ever going to come." The bright yellow female tried to control her sobs now that help was here. Help that looked like it was going to help. She couldn't say how he was going to be able to get her off, but that wasn't her problem.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:11 pm
magnadearel

Andrei, maintained a good distance from her just make sure she had room to stay safe and not plunge to her doom. He frowned a few times trying to figure out a way to rescue her from the ledge. He looked up towards where she had fallen and then looked down to where she had landed. He huffed lightly. if only there was like a branch, a root or even a vine long enough for her to grab onto and pull herself up.

He glanced at her "Just give me a minute, I need to figure out to rescue you" he said. He looked over her and noted her wings, he could try to persuade her to use her wings. But she seemed to be emotionally unstable to focus, he hated seeing her so unhappy with being stranded. Coming up with a solution was harder than he thought it would be.

He frowned once again, in order to rescue her there were a lot different solutions but most would either make her more frightful or make her more emotionally unstable, it seemed he needed to get creative. He was slowly getting frustrated. She wasn't offering ideas for solutions either "gah..okay...umm..hmm...how confident are you in using your wings?" he asked her.If she wasn't very confident in using her wings he would need to tie a vine to her and help her climb back up the cliff.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:31 pm
StarshineAngel01

Her death grip on her tiny lifeline relaxed just a bit as he tried to do nothing to unsettle her position. She believed him that he was going to help her and that he just needed a bit of time. Time she certainly had! Canaria wasn't nearly as afraid of the sky now that it was dark and hard to see. She took a moment to watch odd male.

"Thank you. Thank you so much for finding me." She stared at him with mouth open and eyes wide at his question. That wasn't the confident answer she was hoping for. "Wings? What are those?" Simply because he was hovering in the air didn't mean she thought she could do it.  
StarshineAngel01 rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:43 pm
magnadearel

Andrei stared at her in disbelief, apparently the bright female wasn't even aware she had wings. He had his job cut out for him. He sighed a little before flying upwards and retrieving a long vine. He grabbed it and flew it down towards her "You know, what...You are going to have to trust me" he informed her and tied the vine firmly around her belly and flew back to the top and landed before picking up the other end of the vine.

He started to pull her up "You are going to have to climb back up the cliff and I'll be here to help you" he explained to her as he gripped the other side of the vine and slowly started to pull her up.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:50 pm
StarshineAngel01
Dice to determine success of vine. Less than 5- vine breaks.

She almost cried out when he went above her and out of sight. He was suppose to be saving her! In a short time he was back though and she heaved a sigh. Curiously she held still as a vine was tied around her body. Wasn't she trusting him? Canaria glanced away a bit confused. "I'll do my best." Really, what other choice did she have?

It took her a moment to realize what he was saying. Climb... back up? She wanted to curl back up and continue to wail, but she felt the vine pulling at her middle. Canaria creeped toward the upside of the cliff. Don't look down, don't look down. She breathed deeply and followed the tug. The vine helped a little, but it was still quite a bit of work for her. Her claws already hurt from trying to climb on her own. She gritted her teeth and struggled upward.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:07 am
magnadearel

Andrei pulled the vine with all his might, the female would most likely be so tired from all this work. At the same time she would havd a peace of mind once she was on solid ground that isn't threatening to break anytime soon. One last pull and the female was on solid ground, he didn't look like he broke a sweat, he let the vine go once he was sure the female was on solid ground.

He walked over to her ready to catch her if she lost her balance, he blinked and glanced at her " are you alright?" He asked her in a concerned tone, he flicked his tail to and fro idly while he waited for her answer.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 pm
StarshineAngel01
Ignore my roll as I derped and didn't see Angelic's roll.

Canaria panted and scrabbled her way up the cliff. At least with his help she made progress up the side. It was no where near as fast as she would have liked. Then the edge was right before her. With a tremendous shove of her hind legs she made it and dragged herself away from the dangerous cliff.

She sobbed a heavy sigh of relieve and threw herself down onto the ground. Incidentally ending up at the male's feet. "Thank you thank you thank you!" Her ribs heaved as she gasped to catch her breath and thank him at the same time. "I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't come along and done something!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:24 pm
magnadearel

Andrei shuffled back a bit so he wasn't too close to her, they hadn't introduced themselves yet and he was a little weary meeting her. "As long as you are alright, did you hurt yourself?" he asked her politely.

He glanced at her "no problem, its my pleasure" he told her and lightly chuckled "if anything you would still be stranded on the ledge" he told her "anyway, my name is Andrei, and you are?" he asked her politely.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:54 pm
StarshineAngel01

She looked up at him with big blue eyes full of tears. "I think mostly my claws and a few bruises." It could have been so much worse! A broken leg or something.

Canaria shuddered. "I've been on that ledge since this morning." She didn't even want to think about still being on there. Slowly she sat up and wiped her face with a paw. "I'm Canaria. I just woke up this morning."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:03 pm
magnadearel

Andrei nodded his head lightly "nice to meet you Canaria" he said and padded a little closer to inspect the bruises. "we need to get you taken care of, or it would be really painful to walk with how much damage your claws got from the ledge" he explained.

"that is why you should never fall onto a ledge because it is impossible to rescue someone who is stranded on a ledge because there is no good solution to making sure that we minimize the damage on the being" he said to her. "we will need to find a way to decrease the inflammation" he said and looked around to see if there was a place to find some clean water.

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:24 pm
StarshineAngel01

The bright yellow female perked her ears up. "You'll take care of me?" He had saved her after all. She nodded as he mentioned her claws. Now that she was safe, and he'd brought her attention to it, they hurt! Canaria felt the dull throb in each toe. It'd be weeks before they were fulled healed.

"I hadn't intentionally went off Andrei. I was trying to run from this wide open space that was trying to suck me off the ground!" What would she do next time? Canaria had no idea how she was going to survive. She tried to suppress a shudder that ran through her body and wings.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:42 pm
magnadearel

Andrei glanced at her "i sort of have already devoted my entire life to protecting you" he told her "we still need to find a place for you to clean your claws after the ordeal you went through" he told her. "whether or not you intentionally meant it or not, you still need to be careful where you go" he explained and glanced at her "it was not trying to suck you off the ground,it just is meant to give you fresh air" he said.  

StarshineAngel01

Interstellar Moonwalker

15,915 Points
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
[ RP Zone ] The Underdark

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers