Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Why My Moldavite? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:44 am
So today I purchased my very own first piece of Moldavite. I've been on cloud nine ever since and flying about the place because I'm SOOOO happy with it. Then I began to wonder what it is that attracts people to the stones they buy. It couldn't have been any other piece of moldavite. It HAD to be that one. I've had the same sensations with other stones as well. One crystal of a particular type will repulse me while another of the same kind draws me like a magnet. I was wondering if other people have the same experience.

There are a couple reasons I've heard as to why this happens. Things like the stone's vibrations being in harmony with your own. Or being drawn to a particular type of stone because it's what you need at the time (That's what I feel happens to me the most), or even just disparancies between how the stones were treated before they got to you. Dirty quartz crystals are a b***h to clean so if they're nasty-lookin in the shop I just don't buy them.

So I was wondering if other people have similar sentiments as to why they choose the stones they do (if you work with stones at all). If so, is there a particular type of stone you're attracted to, and why does it draw you?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:46 am
Yes. I can spend hours in YBR looking for the right stone or sometimes it will be the first I pick up.

As far as I'm concerned, UPG plays an important part in things like gemstone picking. I feel no need to rationalise it or explain it. I just accept it.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:32 pm
reagun ban
Yes. I can spend hours in YBR looking for the right stone or sometimes it will be the first I pick up.

As far as I'm concerned, UPG plays an important part in things like gemstone picking. I feel no need to rationalise it or explain it. I just accept it.

Erm... UPG? Sorry. Not used to internet acronyms. sweatdrop

I'm much the same. Usually it is actually the first stone I pick up and play with. Sometimes I'll walk into the YBR and know instantly that there's nothing there I want. Other days I go way out of my way to make a stop there. I just sometimes wonder why...

Or maybe I just ask too many questions that I don't need to know the answer to.

Just out of curiosity, is there a particular stone that you're always attracted to, or does it change a lot? Like I always love turquoise, but what I purchase changes with my temperment.

*dances around with pretty moldavite*
Me so happy! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:39 pm
missmagpie

Unusual/Unsubstantiated Personal Gnosis. 3nodding  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 12:14 pm
Deoridhe
missmagpie

Unusual/Unsubstantiated Personal Gnosis. 3nodding

Or unidentifiable.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:20 am
I'm big into stones. Honestly, I usually buy based on whatever jumps out at me when I'm in the store. But, I always read over the "descriptions" they put up, see if any of those draw me to a particular stone type. As for the actual stone, I just reach in and grab the first one I come to. I've never had a stone feel 'wrong' in my hands, and I can attune them to myself without difficulty.

Am always attracted to garnet. Garnet is my favorite, birth month and astrological stone. It's also beautiful and makes me happy. I'm also a huge fan of emerald, but don't have any because of the cost.

AingealOreiad

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:58 pm
I love stones. ^-^ Its so much fun to go into a store and look at what they have. Most of the time I don't actually buy any but sometimes one or two will grab my attention and I just have to get them. The stones that have always attracted me are amethyst, tiger-eye, hematite, and quarts. Lately malachite has stated to call out too. ^-^ I've never really thought about why I chose the stones that I do. I guess it's because they feel right to me. Like I was meant to have them.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:15 am
Does anybody go shopping for a specific stone? Like will people set out to buy a specific type of stone no matter what? I'm curious because I usually just wing it and see what pops out at me. But I once went on a mad crazy hunt for green calcite because I NEEDED some. Damned if I know why... It was awful hard to find too.

There are also stones that I unreservedly hate. I simply detest topaz (even though it's supposed to be one of my birthstones) and don't like malachite. But what exactly is it that attracts people to some stones and not others?  

Pelta

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:51 pm
Quote:
There are also stones that I unreservedly hate. I simply detest topaz (even though it's supposed to be one of my birthstones) and don't like malachite.

lol biggrin The one stone that I can't stand is Diamond. I think it's amusing since I love quarts.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:14 pm
missmagpie
I simply detest topaz

Aww, you've got no love for blue topaz. crying

Blue topaz (my personal favourite), hematite, and cat's eye are just it for me, but sometimes I find myself drawn to sapphires and different quartzes (sp? I'm lazy right now). The stone I only really actively look for is blue topaz. (Hell--I chose a blue topaz engagement ring over a diamond one, that's how much I love the stuff.)

Rarely, I'll find myself attracted to stones I usually abhore, such as jade. I'll catch myself looking at it, and thinking how nice it would be to have it, then my, "'The Hell?" thought comes in, because I usually hate jade. I'm honestly not sure why I sometimes long for certain stones over others--although the "vibrations" theory sits nicely in my mind, for whatever reason.  

queertastrophy

Pelta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:57 am
BlueRoseTorn
I'm honestly not sure why I sometimes long for certain stones over others--although the "vibrations" theory sits nicely in my mind, for whatever reason.
I assume it has something to do with picking up whatever you need at a specific time. But then there's the issue that people like stones that reinforce or are similar to their personality traits. Like I know a guy who's a red tiger-eye through and through - fiery, stubborn, headstrong and somewhat pugnacious. Surely the LAST thing he needs is more bloody tiger's eye, but that's what he's attracted to. Though now that I think of it, he also had a soft spot for amethyst, which would probably help affect some sort of balance.
I don't know. Perhaps reagun's UPG is the closest I'll get to a definitive answer. I might as well be asking where Gnosis comes from and that's an entirely different debate.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:09 am
missmagpie
BlueRoseTorn
I'm honestly not sure why I sometimes long for certain stones over others--although the "vibrations" theory sits nicely in my mind, for whatever reason.

I don't know. Perhaps reagun's UPG is the closest I'll get to a definitive answer. I might as well be asking where Gnosis comes from and that's an entirely different debate.

Now that it's in my mind, though, it's going to drive me crazy until I find out why. Damn inquizitive nature. *pout*

But UPG, too...hmm... ninja That clicks, as well.

To a search engine!  

queertastrophy

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:56 pm
missmagpie
I assume it has something to do with picking up whatever you need at a specific time. But then there's the issue that people like stones that reinforce or are similar to their personality traits. Like I know a guy who's a red tiger-eye through and through - fiery, stubborn, headstrong and somewhat pugnacious. Surely the LAST thing he needs is more bloody tiger's eye, but that's what he's attracted to. Though now that I think of it, he also had a soft spot for amethyst, which would probably help affect some sort of balance.

I can definitely see the personality connection. I'm a fiery, sunny Leo, and I'm always drawn to carnelian and citrine, even though they're really the last stones I need. I'm also drawn to fluorite and green jade, though, which are the perfect stones to balance me.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:47 am
I always just buy what I need...
Quartz is always in abundance for me though...
It's agreeable with me, I really think it is for most people because of the way you can charge it to do what you want it to do, plus it's an energy amplifier, what more could you ask for... besides a cupcake?  

Light Chakra

Hypomanic Poet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:36 am
I have an Amythest (birthstone) , a moon stone and a rose quartz in a black velvet bag in my room. I have yet to cleanse them though.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff