Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
{PRP}Crafty Female{Avani x Garnet} Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:48 pm
krusnik05

User Image

She had been spending much time around the volcano. It was hard to find the right spot for the forge she wanted to build. Too close to the heat and she'd be uncomfortable; too far and the metals she needed would be too hard to find. Growing frustrated, Garnet took the day off. She wandered away from the mountain and found a meadow with a stream by the corner to enjoy. It was so different and calm.

Briefly she debated building here. It wasn't as close as she would have liked, but so serene. The desire not to destroy the serenity of the meadow reluctantly won over. Garnet didn't think she could invade here just for that. Though she was definitely going to come back for her vacations. The crimson female flopped down amid the fragrant wildflowers.

(Garnet WC: 1,449
Avani WC: 1,887)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:48 pm
User Image

It had been a long day of cleaning out her affectionate friend's den that she lived in and inventorying all the things she had while making sure they were out of Yaotl's way. Living in a volcano den was sometimes a bit trying but she was getting used to it little by little. It also helped that there was an opening that gave her easy access to leave the den into her earthen roots to feel recharged and healthy again.

Leaving the den she made her way to a well known stream that was situated in a lush meadow. Moving with her pouch strapped around her neck, one never knew when she would find something to collect. Entering the meadow, Avani stopped to see a red female laying down on the wildflowers near the stream. Was this a fire tribess? It would make sense since she was red and that seemed to be the reoccurring colorization of the fire tribe...save for other darker colors.

Moving over the brown and tan earth female was silent but gave a friendly greeting. "Good day to you fire tribess. It's nice to see one of you outside of the volcano mountain ranges." Avani said good naturedly but stop when this female didn't have horns...and her scent wasn't that strong fire and sulfur that often came from the fire tribers. "Oh forgive me. I'm sorry for that mistake." She said with lowered ears and great embarrassment.

magnadearel

(Word count: 241)  

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm
krusnik05

Garnet was completely relaxed by the time a strange brown female approached from the stream side of the meadow. Perhaps not as bright as the flowers, she thought, but mellow all the same. She smiled welcoming as the female approached. How nice it'd be to have someone to talk to! For a moment she was startled by the greeting. Fire tribe? Oh! The crimson female burbled softly with laughter.

"Quite alright! We are rather close to fire aren't we? I do live near the volcano. Or well I will soon as I find a place to set up my shop." Garnet proffered a smile and gestured lazily with her paw. "Won't you sit awhile? Unless you have somewhere to go, then don't let me keep you. I'm Garnet." Her eyes lingered on the pretty bag her companion wore around her neck. Too bad she didn't have a use for something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:52 pm
magnadearel

Smiling brightly at the female's calm and welcoming energy Avani walked over and indeed sat down with a soft grunt placing her bag down onto the ground close to her paws and removed her head band to place on top of her bag. Shaking out her bangs she smiled. "I have no where else to go unless it is back, funny you should mention, the volcano. I share a den with a....uh...close friend that is situated closer to the earth for me."

Laying down on her stomach she sighed in happiness at the soft grass cradling her like a bed. "It's nice to meet you Garnet. I'm Avani Shah but Avani will do just fine. Now you have my curiosity picked at....what kind of shop?" What sort of shop would she set that would need the volcano? This would be interesting to find out.

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:12 pm
krusnik05

She was delighted at the easy acceptance of her new friend. The female causally joined Garnet who perked her ears as the bag was set down. "I have to admire your bag there. I'm glad to hear you don't need to rush off. Oooo! Where about? If you don't mind my asking. I'd love to come visit or have you visit my shop when I decide where it should be."

"I'm very happy you stopped by here today Avani." She grinned as the other asked about her shop. "A smith's forge. That's why I need to be by the volcano you see. It will provide the metals I need." Garnet really wanted a shop where she could craft large items like armor and dainty items like jewelry.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:29 pm
magnadearel

Avani looked at her bag with pride. "Thank you. It is one of the very first things that I happen to create. I'm a crafter and wish to become one of the best crafters ever. That is my dream." No she didn't need to rush off and felt no inclination to go anywhere. In fact she was happy to have found another earth tribess to talk to and relate to!

Avani pointed to the direction she came from. "Straight ahead. You can't miss it since it has a lot of grass growing at the edges of the pathway. You can come visit anytime and I would be more than happy to visit your shop!" It would benefit both of them as crafters after all.

Listening to the type of shop she wanted to open and the reasoning behind needing to be close to the volcano, she nodded approvingly. "Oh that would be fantastic. Perhaps you can find a den or cave to call home where you can ask the help of a few fire tribesmen to make sure it is where you can live comfortably but at the same time can create your smiths forge. You know....I would like to take my crafting to that next level. You can teach me and I can teach you other crafting techniques. What do you say?"

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:44 pm
krusnik05

"That is an excellent dream!" Maybe she could get something like this for herself some day. For now, she'd admire it. Garnet followed her direction and committed it to memory. She wanted to be able to find Avani again some day. "Thank you, I will. You'd be most welcome." The scarlet female giggled.

A den or cave? She wasn't sure she wanted quite that enclosed space to live in. Something more open like the meadow was what she was privately leaning toward. Which could be hard to find near a volcano, Garnet realized. "I will take your suggestion into consideration. I don't think I'd considered a den or cave yet. There are fire tribe here? I... had not seen any. Do you think they would mind if I set up my shop here?"

She hadn't seen any of that tribe and worried they might take offence to her. "I would like that very much. Perhaps we could combine the two somehow."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:55 pm
Avani listened and smiled at Garnet. Wow, it totally felt great for her to talk to someone else about shop and share her dreams with someone who understood. "No? You could always find an area that will be close enough here and then travel to the forge but that would require...having an assistant to keep the shop safe. That could always be fun in teaching someone else how to forge metals!" It would be greatly beneficial really.

"I don't think they would but there are some fire tribers who are loyalists and well they can get pretty intense about outsiders. But I think if you showed them that you mean well and are useful, like what your goal is then there should be no problem." The female stretched and rested her head on her crossed paws with her bangs falling over her eyes. "If they have a problem I'll be by your side my new friend." Avani said with sincerity. "Oooh! We can have a big shop together....or even better perhaps we can be the start of a crafter's guild. I can be general crafts and you are be metal crafts. That would be amazing!"

magnadearel

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:18 pm
krusnik05

Garnet considered the option. "I could, but I think I would much prefer to be close to my work. I might build a forge and home near one another though. When I find the right spot then I know how it will work out." She nodded eagerly. "I had hoped after I had my shop set up that I might get an apprentice or two."

That made dreadful sense, if the fire members saw this as their territory they might not wish intruders. "I thank you for the warning. Perhaps I can find some way to sooth them." One more problem to add to her list; one that had to be dealt with carefully. Garnet gazed at her friend with gratitude. "Thank you so much Avani! I think we would need a separate and joint shop for that. A crafter's guild would be good too, but that might take awhile to come." She laughed joyfully. This was already so much better and she was eager to start looking again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:53 pm
magnadearel

"I'm sure I can ask Yaotl to in turn ask around to other fire tribers if they are willing to allow another earth triber in their volcano territory. It's not like we are going in deep into the volcano. I know there is no way to be able to handle the intense heat and scent of sulfur. Yeah no thanks since she could only handle so much until it would do damage to her.

Nodding, the female blew her bangs off her eyes to look at Garnet. "Can I be one of your apprentices? That's something I'll like to learn." Then she laughed. "Of course a crafter's guild will take a while. I have so much to learn and such a long journey ahead of me to accomplish before something like that can be done. I have years for that to happen.

Besides I like learning new things and getting a chance to meet new people!"

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:58 pm
krusnik05

"That would be very kind. Thank you, and thank Yaotl for me too." She nodded. She did not want to go into the heart of the volcano. "Perhaps your friend might point me to where I could collect the metals I need without singing my fur." Garnet smiled. The fire tribes did it, and that was good for them; but she was no fire tribe.

Her ears perked up. "Ooooo do you really want to? I suppose I could teach you some of the basics if you'll teach me some of yours." It would be a very good idea to have some knowledge of the other craft. "Oh? Are you going somewhere Avani?" While she was disappointed that her friend wouldn't be around, it would probably take her years to get fully set up.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:40 pm
magnadearel

Avani laughed and nodded. "I'll ask him to ask around. If he doesn't answer or if I have to nudge him to get onto finding metals you might just get lucky to find a fire triber on your own. It'll be great actually to meet other fire tribe-b'alam." Perhaps she was becoming biased and enjoyed the fire tribe along with her own tribe. Was that even something allowed given that she had a growing affection for Yaotl?

"Yes! I would be so happy to learn something new. It would be great to bring new ideas to far reaching places. I'll teach you how to craft using earth materials from rocks to spider silks. Which I have to say is the finest material to ever be used but very delicate." The earth tribess nodded then sighed softly. "I am going to leave at some point Garnet. But only for a time not forever. I have this feeling that I need to go on a journey of discovery and it has everything to do with myself as a soul and a large part as a crafter. You are welcome to join me on that quest because once I am ready I'll be back here. I just...need to tell Yaotl about that." Murmurs and sighed softly.

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:17 pm
krusnik05

"I am most grateful. If I can make him something when my shop gets set up I'd love to in return for his help. Well I haven't seen any so far, so I'll take what I can get." She perked her ears up. "Hopefully there will be more around." Of course there would be in the future she supposed. Give it time.

Garnet beamed. Avani would give her practice at teaching others before she really had to do it. The female was sure her friend would forgive her mistakes. "You can use spider silks? Wow that's impressive." She worked with metals and would never have considered silks as something to use.

"Alright, but you have to promise to come back and tell me all about it!" She didn't think she'd be up for much traveling once she had her shop set up. Although it would be lovely to hear about far away places. Sadly she shook her head. "I don't know if I'd like to go. I really want to get my shop set up. Thank you for the offer Avani." She smiled as she heard the murmur and patted her friend's shoulder. "That'll be tough. Invite him to go with you?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:15 pm
magnadearel

The brown and tan earth tribess chuckled. "That would be amazing. Perhaps something manly for him to wear like a....." Avani tilted her head to the side searching for the right words to call the item. "Pendant. Yes a pendant that represents him. That would be very nice. Maybe you will discover something about metal so that it doesn't melt while in the hottest of places." Now that was a great idea and hopefully something that Miss Garnet would take on as an idea later on in her skill.

"Yes but I'm still working with it. The silks can break and go away plus I don't want to impose on the spiders. I will tell you about them! I'll maybe bring back gifts from those places." Which would be great to do. "The offer is still open anytime Garnet. Maybe we'll travel somewhere near by this place of another tribe without leaving your shop." Blinking a few times Avani shook her head. "I would but that is up to him if he wanted to leave his home. It would be great really but I don't know if he would be comfortable doing so. He's the strongest male I know but I don't want to go somewhere that doesn't have enough heat for him." Which was the only concern she had for him seeing as Avani didn't see his blindness as a disability. It was an advantage for Yaotl to see beyond physical sight.

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 pm
krusnik05

Garnet joined her laugh. "Oh yes it would be suitably manly never fear. An unhappy customer isn't a customer." She gave nod, "Sure, find out what shape he might like and I can work from that. Oh! That is a good point. I'll have to look into it." One more thing to worry about. Her jewelry wouldn't be any good if it melted off her wearers. She was positive she could find something to prevent that.

The idea of getting her materials from spiders made her a bit... queasy? No, more like the heebi jeebies. Metals weren't alive like animals were, but Garnet thought they had a life of their own too. She'd stick to her metals thank you. "I'd love to see the gifts you get." She gave a crooked grin. "Then I shall be sure to make one such trip with you," she replied, making it a promise to herself.

"Maybe he will. It can't hurt to ask Avani. At least give him the chance." She winked at her friend. "Welp, I've dally long enough I think. I've greatly enjoyed spending this afternoon with you. You've really motivated me. I'll come look you up soon as I find that perfect spot. Don't forget your promise we're gonna have joint shops and a guild!"  
[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff