Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Wandering Mountains
[PRP] To Ride the Wind (Taboo and Talltale)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:06 pm
User ImageTaboo had awoken in a cliffside cave above a canyon of banded sandstone and swirling waters. Winter rains had carved out his swirling home for time immemorial, it would seem, and Taboo had decided then and there that he would forever remain in this perfect place. The light of sunrise and sunset graced the walls of the canyon, alighting and invigorating the colors therein. It was a place of breathtaking beauty, all raven croaks by day and owl cries by night. How could a B'alam not love it, not love the turning of the galaxy above, not love the rising thermals? How could any B'alam, especially one born of wind, not love such a maze to soar throughout?

Well, apparently quite a lot of them didn't, because it had recently come to Taboo's attention that his tribemates, those mysterious cats possessed of his same streamers and feathery wings, did not live in canyons, but in peaks that floated far above the world and traveled by wind in sail-like trees. Well. Alright, then. If they all lived up there, it must be a fantastic place indeed. So he waited every day, watching the sky, waiting for one of those mysterious mountains to pass overhead.

Letting the hot air rising from the land carry him most of the way, Taboo climbed the sky to the mountain floating above. It was a scraggly rock, touched only here and there by vegetation. There were trees, and lichens, and moss, but no grass. And the rock, well...somewhat of a letdown, yes?

[ Radical Dreamer ]
No idea if Talltale is a loyal Wind-Triber. But I wanted Taboo to meet a few other Wind-Tribers.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:26 pm
"~On ward, To winds unknown! For the great weaver as thatched it deep in me soul," A playful wind carried the melodious sound that came from a lofty member of the Wind tribe. Carelessly he sang out of tales, of well himself and the great and wonder that he was determind to see.

Other B'alam after all needed to hear stories!

"~A plot given course, only as far as the eye can see. My travels be long and free." With a strong heave of his wings, Talltale floated in a lofty steam of air, as he rounded one of the few floating mountains peeks that rose on the scragle of an rock. Though barren, it was still an impressive sight to see. The Tahtill had silent thoughts that the Grand weaver was just not finish with them-after all, it was an wondrous and impressive sight to behold.

"~I am the a bard of tales, for ears to be overwhelmed. A scribe wonders for all to read. And explorer of..." The song stopped short as the Tahtll paused in thought...

An explorer of...what....?

What could he be an explorer of?

Turning on his back The sail cat, started to plummet in the blanket of wind, his brown paw moved to the chin of his maw as he pondered his next line to himself. Unaware of any others, aside from the lore in his own thought and the wind jetting though his fur as he started in a relaxing free fall just at the side of the wondering mountain cliff.

Obviously this was something, Talltale has done before or he wouldnt have been so relaxed...right?

Geyser Eelborn
Sounds great I can work with anything. Nice post. Let me know if you want me to elaborate.

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:09 am
Taboo was disturbed from his contemplation of this pathetic lump of rock by a sing-song voice from above. He idly flapped his wings to keep himself in place while he watched a strange cat swoop and dive, his voice raised in a sing-song manner. Songs. It would be an exaggeration to say that Taboo had no time for songs. He did have time for songs. It's just that he preferred the braying of corvids or the shrieking of owls to the sweet songs of smaller birds. Thankfully, this stranger was in no danger of annoying him with this song. It wasn't exactly songbird quality, is what he was thinking. He swooped idly towards the other tahtll, his wings steady on a thermal from the desert below. "An explorer of songs, perhaps?" he said flatly.

Taboo was, well, not exactly the friendliest of individuals. So far as he was concerned, interrupting someone in a snide tone was friendly. "Or of winds blowing the sound of lives being lived or something?" He shrugged his leg-shoulders. "Sorry. Not a songwriter myself. I'm a fighter." He didn't say it in a threatening way. Just a simple statement of fact, an observation. He was a fighter. He might have light bones and a lighter build than the average B'alam, but this tahtll was a fighter to his core. It was just the way he'd awoken.

[ Radical Dreamer ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:57 pm
As Talltale fell in his decent, his wings quickly fanned out to stop his decent as he heard the other by him. Rotating himself, the wing b'alam'. Head rotated to see the darker cat flapping by him.

"Oh, hello. " Left the brown and red Tahtill in a velvet curiosity . "No need to apologize, fellow kin." Talltale answered with a friendly smile as he turned himself completely upright to look at the other correctly.

"All where wonderful suggestions." The wingkin was kind to inform, a relaxed smile remained on his maw. Padded front paw moved to his chin where he gently pulled at the orange tuff of fur, seaweed green eyes politely studied the other before him.

"However, I feel not what I am looking for." Talltale gave a smile. "But it is quite a treat to met another, what is your name fighter? The winds call myself Talltale..." The Tahtill asked and imformed, figuring it was polite to give a name before asking one for himself.

Geyser Eelborn
There you go, hon. ^-^

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

[ Radical Dreamer ]
Vice Captain

Omnipresent Noob

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:26 pm
Timber, the one who just called himself Talltale, ears quickly twitched. One shifting quickly to the side and back, arched it's self to a far off sound. It was as if a gust of wind suddenly called for his attention.

Yes. He must be off...

"I know, we have just met Fighter." Timber was polite to mention, after all he had just only told him his gypsy name; to not get an answer in responce.

"However, I fair thee well." The bard nod to his wind brother as his brown and Orange wings kept him afloat in the winds.

"A tail wind calls for me, and the cast shadows remind me I am late for a gathering." Talltale went on to explain, he had a vary important meeting to get too, after all it was his lively hood and learned skill to be there. One, couldn't possibly really on natural woven gift forever. Such a skill must be fined tuned and his teacher waited for him. Timber felt he would never hear the end of it if he was late. So much so it might be immortalized in song!

Oh, his song. With a flick of his tail, he hoped he could figure out the rest of it before it came time to present it. Tobad he had to cut such a meeting with another so short.

"May the wind be always at your tail, Plal." Timber was kind to bid 'fair well' to his 'Plal', which in their langue ment: 'brother'. Just after the words left the Balam's maw, Timber's wings made a heavy flap that propelled him back into the height of the sky. With another he was sent airborn to dance with the clouds and soar with the birds of the air.

Weaver, he hoped he wasn't going to late. It was horrible taboo to be late when meeting WindWaker.

Wait! Taboo. That was it! 'Taboo' was a perfect word to use in his tale!

'On word! To winds Unknown, for the great weaver has thatched deep in me soul.

A plot given course, only as far as the eye can see. My travels be long and free.

I am a bard of tales, for ears to be overwhelmed. A scribe of wonder, for all to read and a explorer of -taboo-. Yes, that's me. I am Talltale, kin of the wind and free.'

Yes! It was perfect! With a rich joyful laugh, Talltale rotated himself in the wind causing him to happily spiral upwards and towards the windtribe's floating barren wonderland. WindWaker should be happy to see him, espically with his assignment completed. A tale of one's self expressed in the form of song. Setting that really expressed the heart and soul of the wind tribe. What one was called to do. There wasn't that menu bards as of yet, but he had a feeling there would be more being woven. Perhaps even now, as he flew his way back to the collage, and Where his teacher, Rhapsody waited.

In his frolic like flight, it wasn't long before the brown and orange b'alam was out of the other's sight. Perhaps their would be another time where their paths could cross once more. And perhaps then, Talltale with be a great weaver of tales and song. Maybe then immortalize this fighting wind stranger in to song.

(Sorry I am closing this Rp. :<
Words count for Talltale: 1000
Site used: Wordcounter.net)

Geyser Ellborn

[ RP Zone ] The Wandering Mountains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out