View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:21 am

Please check out this thread to give some input on our upcoming guild event!
User Image
7/21/14

Hey everyone! Welcome to this week's Ask the guild! Here are some of the hot topics this week detailing both Gaia at large and this guild:
Gaia Stuff!
Cash Shop
Does anyone else smell the desperation? They've been re-releasing the "exclusive" bundles from the summer sale all week. They also seem to have forgotten that Gaia Cash sales were going to be for "Special Events." I guess it's considered a special event when the hour hand strikes amirite?

Gold Generators
Well they've made the jump from 155b to 1 TRILLION gold as the max payout on their disgusting generators. How do you feel? Are you as upset by this as I am?

Luckily it appears that the average payouts are getting lower. Still, ANY gold in the economy is bad! I highly encourage all of you to remind your friends of the harmful effects of gold gens. Tell them NOT TO BUY. If they have to spend GCash encourage them to spend it on deflation bundles and limited items or Mc's.

I also want to take a moment to remind everyone that this guild does not tolerate the use of Gold Generators. Any member caught purchasing and using these destructive items will be banned.

Club Verge Sales
It looks like Verge has been abandoned. They didn't even update with the July mythrill items! Do you think this is a sign that Club Verge is yet another failed venture by Gaia Interactive?

Gold shop releases
If you didn't already know, Loyal has a project in his shop as well as some awesome updates for animals and people. There are 2 recolours of popular items in great shades of brown and forest green. There are also animal versions of new hair extensions and they're only 100k each, NO JOKE! The project Citrine itself is a little more expensive at 25mil and it contains some pretty old and undesirable items but if you really want that ticket I suppose it's worth it!

Guild Stuff!
There isn't much going on within the guild as always we are looking for feedback on what you think of Gaia's actions. And Idea's how to keep the fight burning. So if you have any idea please feel free to bring them up with me or any of the other mods here in the Gaia Rev Guild.

Our Summer Cookout is coming up as well as a revamp of the arena entries and letter writing campaigns. I would also like to encourage our members to take the fight wherever they can. Talk to users in the CB and flash spaces where people seem unaware of the issues. Have a friend IRL that used to be on Gaia? Let them know what's going on! Take it to other sites if you really want. I hear Tumblr likes causes...this is a cause, right?

Please check out this thread to give some input on our upcoming guild event!

If you didn't already know Spirit week is still going strong! Check it out and participate. let yourself have some fun on Gaia to remember why you used to love this site. ^_^
User Image
(It is a tinyurl link. It will still take you to a Gaia Forum )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:23 am
I'm not putting this as part of the main post because it's more personal. I would like everyone to please take a look at the number in that poll. Last week only 15 users participated in ATG. Even I was unable to be here due to some real life issues. To me that is saddening. Our guild is over 1000 members strong but only 15 of us showed up to talk about the community we have here and try to find ways to fight.

We cannot fight without you guys. If our members don't stand with us then we're nothing. Please remember this and try to support us in our quest to be heard.

Also I don't know how much of today I will be here and I know for certain I won't be around tomorrow. I'll be back on Wednesday though so if you need me leave a message!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Troupe du Gothique

Enigmatic Superstar

24,900 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Bold Glow 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:54 am
It certainly is interesting to see what moves Gaia is trying to make.

First off...the gold generators. Yes, unfortunately, it seems that not only are they continuously coming up with new ones with increasingly unimaginative names, they're re-releasing older ones like the honey pot. I honestly don't know why they think bringing them out will get more people to buy them.

And as a side note, those 'This item is STILL here!' announcements are highly annoying.

As for cash shop sales...they need to step up their game. I have a feeling most people still remember when Gaia would offer 30% off GCash, and now won't settle for anything less. The Choose Your Own Reward gimmick is a bit iffy. The choice is either a gold generator, or a deluxe pack of charms. Unless you're really keen on obtaining items from this Go Fusion feature, neither will be appealing. But seeing the tiers reached in the kickstarter, I certainly hope that more alchemy items will be added. I know there are plenty of formulas that are practically useless because there aren't enough items in circulation to even begin an attempt at making a desired item.

(Speaking of Kickstarter, still waiting on Project Color and Limited Quantity items for Loyal's shop from Beach Party.)

All in all...I believe Gaia's desperation is showing...very much. Also, please excuse the wall of text; I don't usually ramble this much.

I hope you all have a good day nonetheless!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:23 am
Charismatic Loyal

First off...the gold generators. Yes, unfortunately, it seems that not only are they continuously coming up with new ones with increasingly unimaginative names, they're re-releasing older ones like the honey pot. I honestly don't know why they think bringing them out will get more people to buy them.

And as a side note, those 'This item is STILL here!' announcements are highly annoying.

As for cash shop sales...they need to step up their game. I have a feeling most people still remember when Gaia would offer 30% off GCash, and now won't settle for anything less. The Choose Your Own Reward gimmick is a bit iffy. The choice is either a gold generator, or a deluxe pack of charms. Unless you're really keen on obtaining items from this Go Fusion feature, neither will be appealing. But seeing the tiers reached in the kickstarter, I certainly hope that more alchemy items will be added. I know there are plenty of formulas that are practically useless because there aren't enough items in circulation to even begin an attempt at making a desired item.

(Speaking of Kickstarter, still waiting on Project Color and Limited Quantity items for Loyal's shop from Beach Party.)

All in all...I believe Gaia's desperation is showing...very much. Also, please excuse the wall of text; I don't usually ramble this much.

Yes, it's more of the same old-same old. :/ "All of your cash are belong to us." It's unsurprising but it's still disappointing.

Kickstarters are no longer real goldsinks. They're a facade to make it look like Gaia actually cares. The personal tiers are getting more and more ridiculous for mediocre items. The global rewards are a joke. It's like Gaia is a truly P2P platform now. All the while, they keep releasing GG's during the "sink." Plus, they still have to deliver on all the past ones! It's ridiculous. When are we supposed to have this Beach Party? There's only a month left of summer!

Although, I'm both shocked and pleased that people keep donating to this one when we've reached all the tiers.  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:28 am
I'm still rather disappointed. No announcement for the beach party event and yet from the multiple threads that I have read within the Gaia Community Discussion and Site Feedback forums, apparently it's already begun about, oh three whole days at this point. The items currently available for that event are just recolors of some gold shop bikinis, but no swim trunks for the dudes, most of the colors being a repeat like from the Spring Fling event with the dresses and corsages. Honestly, I wish they'd get their bums in gear and give the other gold shops proper updates as well instead of just Loyal's Bazaar all the doggone time! It's getting rather annoying! stressed Pardon my rant, I'm just tired of seeing the same gold shop or Cash Shop updates time and time again instead of any of the others which have obviously been left in the dust. How dare they!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:30 am
Yes yes, Gaia seems to be getting more and more desperate for money... My only question is why? Does anyone have any idea? o.o

Also, about the kick-starters... When are we gonna get all the items we were promised? I know some stuff is in loyals shop and stuff, but some of this is taking too long. :I Also, I wish they would make announcements about new items in Loyals shop too! Then at least there would be some announcements I actually care about. xD Lately they seem to even be making the exact same announcement several times... How desperate are you gaia?!  

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:37 am
Last Trickster Prince
Charismatic Loyal

Yes, it's more of the same old-same old. :/ "All of your cash are belong to us." It's unsurprising but it's still disappointing.

Kickstarters are no longer real goldsinks. They're a facade to make it look like Gaia actually cares. The personal tiers are getting more and more ridiculous for mediocre items. The global rewards are a joke. It's like Gaia is a truly P2P platform now. All the while, they keep releasing GG's during the "sink." Plus, they still have to deliver on all the past ones! It's ridiculous. When are we supposed to have this Beach Party? There's only a month left of summer!

Although, I'm both shocked and pleased that people keep donating to this one when we've reached all the tiers.
The Beach party has been happening for a couple days now. It seems there was no announcement of something actually interesting but it is happening and there is actual NPC interaction. Not bots that spew the same stuff over and over again. There even seems to be a love story unfolding.

On another note. Does anyone else follow the Manga?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:47 am
Gumby Ningata
The Beach party has been happening for a couple days now. It seems there was no announcement of something actually interesting but it is happening and there is actual NPC interaction. Not bots that spew the same stuff over and over again. There even seems to be a love story unfolding.

How disappointing. It's just a forum event. :/

I sort of follow the manga. I haven't checked for updates in like a week, though. xD  

Last Trickster Prince

Feral Genius

Gumby Ningata

Lavish Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:03 am
Last Trickster Prince
Gumby Ningata

How disappointing. It's just a forum event. :/

I sort of follow the manga. I haven't checked for updates in like a week, though. xD
There are contest and stuff. It was not going to be big like the summer event coming but it is there.

A lot of cool stuff happening in the manga.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:24 am
I honestly wish I had more time to devote to hanging out in the beach party. It does look like a ton of fun.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Alanna Rose

Bloodthirsty Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:03 am
Where is the beach forum?
I'm getting really frustrated at gaia, mostly because as desperate as they're acting, turns out they're seeing bigger profits than ever before. (I can't state my source because gaia employees have to sign non-disclosure agreements)
Not only does this mean that the current behavior is unnecessary, it means that people are actually bending to it!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 am
I'm here --

So, I want to talk about how hard it is to actually get items with gold recently. I just got to 4.5 billion gold (I know, not a lot emo ) and all the items I wanted have SKYROCKETED. Now some of them are 50 billion and even 100 billion. -.-  

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

unicorndicks

Beloved Streaker

14,075 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:21 am
dark pillow
Yes yes, Gaia seems to be getting more and more desperate for money... My only question is why? Does anyone have any idea? o.o

Also, about the kick-starters... When are we gonna get all the items we were promised? I know some stuff is in loyals shop and stuff, but some of this is taking too long. :I Also, I wish they would make announcements about new items in Loyals shop too! Then at least there would be some announcements I actually care about. xD Lately they seem to even be making the exact same announcement several times... How desperate are you gaia?!

That is actually a very interesting question. I can only think that they must be in need of money, maybe the new CEO isn't nearly as skilled with financial issues as the previous.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:21 pm
XxRawr_HugsxX
dark pillow

That is actually a very interesting question. I can only think that they must be in need of money, maybe the new CEO isn't nearly as skilled with financial issues as the previous.

Without any explanation on what they're using all the money on it seems that it is just greed... :I
According to Alanna Rose ( a few posts up ) they are doing well financially, so are they just being greedy or are they planning something big?  

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

Hexamoth

Backwoods Elder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:26 pm
Alanna Rose
Where is the beach forum?
I'm getting really frustrated at gaia, mostly because as desperate as they're acting, turns out they're seeing bigger profits than ever before. (I can't state my source because gaia employees have to sign non-disclosure agreements)
Not only does this mean that the current behavior is unnecessary, it means that people are actually bending to it!

That is really interesting... I thought for sure they were doing bad because they seem so desperate... I find it quite shocking that their sale method actually is working. o.o It sure as hell isn't working on me, but maybe it's just because I'm older than most people here on gaia?  
♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff