Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[PRP] Patriots and Pride (Xopantla and Rainer Canuck)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:41 am
User ImageSome B'alam believed in "sins." That is, that there were things a person could to to make Milinitica angry with them, or shun them. Personally, Xopantla didn't believe in those for a minute--Milintica loved all his children, and it wasn't like he'd actually given them any instructions before letting them loose on the world. Sure, there were implicit instructions--don't kill people, don't steal from them, never force your spirit on another--but those were common-sense things. Y'know, a kind of "treat other people in a manner that you'd like to be treated." It was just common sense, so far as she could see. But no, there were some who'd claim that there were plenty more things you could do, bad things, things that even the Great Weaver could see (even if he was too busy cranking out more carvings into the world). She couldn't remember any of them--she'd been testing out her rockets at the time--but the one that stuck in her mind was pride. Pride in...she wasn't sure what. A load of hooey, that was--pride was how one maintained self-confidence, and when you had self-confidence, you knew what you had to do to make sure that other people were happy and comfortable. Y'know. Normal stuff.

However, she could sort of begin to see those useless pontificator's points right now.

It had all started with a fairly ordinary hike up the volcano, with a woven bag around her neck and a couple more over her horns. It was a lovely, sunny day, with a warm breeze blowing by. She stopped along the trail to sniff the breeze. Aaaah. A beautiful morning. The smell of pine and bamboo, the smell of sulfur from the caldera above, the smell of...of...Now, hang on a minute. She frowned. Not a smell she was familiar with...one part tomcat, one part...oh no.

Wind tribe. She looked up into the air, squinting to see what idiot cross-triber had dared come near her mountain.

krusnik05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:58 pm
Geyser Eelborn

User Image

It was a beautiful day. More than a beautiful day it was an incredibly, beautiful summer day. One of the more perfect days to go flying and further than the cloud homes. If anything Rainer had perhaps the best set of wings to be able to see the world as far as the eyes could see. If anything his tribe had to be one of the best because of the wings. With his streams useful for wind speed, temperature and helping with navigation

It was a beautiful day. More than a beautiful day. It was an incredibly beautiful summer day. One of the most perfect days to go flying and further than what this male had already explored. Yes, Rainer with his great set of wings flew hard and far to continue his exploration of the new world around him with his own heart soaring with happiness. With his streamers useful for wind speed, temperature and navigation Rainer Canuck tilted slightly to soar around the mountainous tops of where the scent of fire and sulfur came from. Looking down he spotted a rather uniquely colored creature, because blue and white coming from a place of fire to him was really odd since those to him were happy colors.

Lowering down he landed on a pathway on the volcano mountain and ruffled his feathers, panting softly from the exertion and smiled. That was some flight. Perhaps he could ask this stranger what volcano range this one was called. Tucking his wings at his sides tightly he trotted down towards the stranger, Canuck's streamers like mini flags with his smooth movements. "Greetings and good day to you!"

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:36 pm
Oh, no, now it was talking to her. How embarrassing! It wasn't that he was male, or that he was Wind Tribe. It was that he was a stranger who wasn't Fire Tribe, and she felt like she'd been meeting far too many of those lately. Though admittedly Wind Tribe wasn't altogether unattractive. They had a much lighter build than most Tribes. Hm. But they didn't have bat wings or fire horns. No. But this one's colors reminded her a bit of herself--white and red. And a strange marking on his tail, though his was clearly a maple leaf, while hers was...well, a smudge.

"Good day," she said. Her voice was barely civil, more like a grunt of annoyance at being addressed by...well, anyone. It wasn't that she was antisocial. It was that she had no friends, and she certainly didn't think she could have anything in common, colors notwithstanding, with anyone from the Wind. Fire was all about honor, and having a place to stay. Swooping about at all hours, making trouble? No, not so much. Anyway, what was one doing so close to the ground?

Wait, why was she asking herself that? Shouldn't she be asking him? Wasn't that how conversations were supposed to go? Though Xopantla wasn't sure, she hadn't gotten into very many. That damn pride kept getting in the way. "What brings you down to earth, Sky Dancer? Grew bored of the clouds and wanted to see what sticks out of the ground?" Again, not friendly. Again, Xopantla.

krusnik05

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:30 pm
Geyser Eelborn

Rainer watched the fiery female and gave his friendly smile to her and a nod towards the returned greeting. Looking around the area he was in, it was an interesting place but nothing like the freedom of the skies and the cozy clouds. At being called Sky Dancer, Rainer raised his brow then raised it higher at her rather curt manners. Perhaps he was disrupting her from an important task. No matter his place here will not be too long to keep her from whatever task that was important. "One is never bored of the clouds. It is a marvelous place to be and the freedom that it provides. I obviously was flying over and happen to spot your colors from high up. Naturally I wanted to investigate and here I am. Am I keeping you from something.....Miss?"  

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:36 pm
Nice smile, too. Xopantla hated it when people smiled--it made it harder to be rude to them, and not being rude was, well, difficult for her. She sighed. Heavily. It was a very heavy sigh, and now that it was out of her system, she took another deep breath and tried again. After all, he was...well, he was not being all that annoying. Besides being so darn nice. Which should, of course, be a crime.

"No, I'm...not actually busy right now. Just...I was just going for a walk, is all, and I didn't expect to meet anyone else." There. Honesty. That was a virtue...right? "I didn't think seeing weird colors on the ground was much of a reason to leave the sky," she added. She squinted up at him, and her next sentence came out more confused than cranky. "So we're both red and white--so what? Why would you leave your home to visit someone on the ground?" And before she could stop herself, she found herself saying, "I thought you Wind-types hated the ground and everyone that lives on it. What gives?"

krusnik05

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:29 pm
Geyser Eelborn

Rainer blinked at Xopantla then chuckled softly at her honesty, shaking his head slightly. "Well I don't encounter many often and if there is a reason why I have wings it must be to meet others from far off places. You happen to be the first one to be met." Perhaps it was a bit random of him to encounter her and say his greetings but it would be only once that they encounter each other and she looked like someone rather lovely. At least he felt that way. "I don't hate the ground and everyone that lives on it. What could be the right reason to feel such a thing? Unless you don't like me and those that fly?" That was a very disturbing thought.  

krusnik05

Romantic Warlord

10,025 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items