Welcome to Gaia! ::

Realm of the B'alam

Back to Guilds

A roleplaying and services hub for Realm of the B'alam. 

Reply [ RP Zone ] The Overworld
[PRP] The Knight and the Boyscout (Taboo and Gjurd)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:10 pm
User ImageThe sun had not yet set. In fact, it had not even begun to set. It was, in fact, late morning, and Taboo was groggy after a night of attempting to fly through the canyon where he made his home. That was the thing about wind tribe--flying at night was not precisely their strong point. Hrashafrashaluckydarktriberasha crazah. His head pounded like a drum, and he was covered in bruises. Luckily, he had managed not to hurt himself too badly--though his eyes hurt and his wings ached and his claws felt strained, he had no broken bones, and no concussion. So there was that at least. Taboo blinked in the morning light, curled up on the canyon's rim. He closed his eyes and wrapped his leg over them. Rr. Too early to be awake.

Why did day have to exist. Couldn't it always be night? That would be the best thing ever if night was just eternal. But it wasn't. Stupid daylight. Stupid sunshine, making it all easy to see and fly in. Stupid sun, making thermals to ride. But Taboo wasn't in the mood to fly. He was in the mood to sulk. He was completely curled in on himself, physically and mentally, totally blind to the world. He didn't notice the sound of another cat in the area. Instead, his wings were spread out for all to see and his streamers just lay in the dust.

Alpaca Chobi
How's this?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 pm
Geyser Eelborn
This is great!

Gjurd was always keeping a watchful eye out for what ever seemed like trouble. Ironically, it was not when the male had been patrolling that he found something odd, but in fact when he'd been star gazing. A dark shape had flown over head. A dark shape wouldn't have been odd to Gjurd normally, Many dark b'alam roamed the night sky, but this one didn't quite have the correct wing shape. Sure, wind B'alam were not required to fly only by sun light. However, it did strike Gjurd as odd. Needless to say, he had followed.

Following a wind B'alam on the ground was no easy feat. Gjurd had to climb over things, swim through things and over all just be slower than this wind B'alam. There were several periods of time the male had thought he'd completely lost track of the other only to see a faint shape among the stars.

Honestly, it was mostly curiosity that Gjurd followed.

It had taken a long time, but Gjurd had finally caught up to the other. He caught his breath, as he was also not in his prime condition after such a chase, before starting over towards the mysterious wind B'alam.

"Any reason why you'd want to fly at night?"  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:18 am
Taboo wasn't really paying attention. He was instead trying to stave off long-awaited sleep while trying to figure out where he'd gone wrong last night. It wasn't that he was blind in the darkness. No cat was truly blind in the darkness. He couldn't see as well at night as he could in day, but he wasn't some stupid light-triber who was helpless after sundown. No, it wasn't sight. It was something different. Owls flew at night, and other birds could fly at night, so there was no reason he couldn't--oh, bother. There was another cat here.

He removed his leg from over his eyes and squinted in the sudden light at the stranger. He'd never seen him before in his life. Some sort of earth cat staring at him. He smelled like sweat, bracken, and water; he smelled like he'd come from a long way away. Taboo drew his wings back against himself so that the stranger didn't try standing on them, or any funny business like that. He was uncomfortably aware of how close he'd come to breaking bones last night. The last thing he needed was someone who waltzed up to interrogate him crushing one of his bones and leaving him even less able to fly. He could still walk to his den, but the path down there was utterly and completely terrible. Fragile, unfit to use. Not the kind of thing you wanted to walk on when trying to escape from some lunatic. Not that Taboo wanted to escape--he'd had the good luck of being carved with the long claws of a fire cat. He intended to use them.

"I like the night," he grumbled. "Less bright. More clear. Suits my moods better than daylight does." Who was this nutter, some law enforcer come to complain about breaking curfew? "What's it matter when I fly?"

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:21 am
Geyser Eelborn

"I was just star gazing, " Gjurd started. He felt no need to hide the truth, "And I saw this shadow pass over head. At first, I thought you might be of the dark tribe. But I looked closer and saw your wings were not of the right shape. So I decided to follow you. Figured there might be a reason a wind tribe B'alam would be flying at night. Just a little odd. Not trying to be a tribist or anything. Wanted to make sure you weren't fleeing from anything." Gjurd took a seat. He needed to catch his breath even more after such a spill of words.

"It's no easy task to follow when one is not gifted with flight." He would have smiled but Gjurd rarely smiled. Instead he looked directly at the other with a softness in his eyes.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

Geyser Eelborn

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 am
Weirdo. "I was flying at night to see how owls do it," he sighed. "Flying during the day, you get too hot and the sun gets in your eyes." For a cat with a black back, it was a serious concern. He found himself panting while flying during the day. He had to admit, though, during the day he could really appreciate the colors on his canyon walls. Banded sandstone, carved by water over who knew how long. Wherever B'alam came from, this land was much, much older than they were. But the heat always distracted him from the colo--hey, wait! That was his problem flying at night!

He didn't want to seem excited. To do so would be unseemly. So to hide his epiphany, he frowned at the other cat, despite the stranger's friendly eyes. I mean, seriously, who went around looking friendly to other people?! Who was he, and why did he have to act so...well, weird?! "What do you mean by 'tribist'?" The concept was alien to him. He'd met fire cats, and earth cats, and ice cats, but there wasn't anything about them to make them particularly...well, "ist"able. So what gave?

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:51 pm
Geyser Eelborn
I know I know.. x DD I am slow as butts

" I think part of how owls do it is probably those giant eyes of theirs." Gjurd was just stabbing in the dark, pardon the pun. He wasn't actually a biology expert or anything but from the surface that was how he'd guess they flew at night.

"I suppose it is hot during the day. Doesn't the rush of wind help though?" Gjurd was a bit too fixer upper personality type some times. He found something he perceived as broken and just wanted to figure out how to fix it if the b'alam could. The earth b'alams tail twitched.

"I'm just glad you're not in trouble. I thought you might need saving or help or something." Gjurd was very matter of fact.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[ RP Zone ] The Overworld

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces