Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 💇💅Avatar Talk!
Gold shops/freebie-only Arena entries--Should I?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea?
  Yay
  Nay
  COOKIES!
View Results

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:00 pm
I got this idea from two sources; one is the regular entries the R:G guild does in the Avatar Arenas, and another is from a fellow member of the guild (Her thread). These two things combined gave me the idea:
What would happen if I entered the Arenas with GC-FREE avatars?

When I was a younger Gaian, I entered a few avis and writings into the arenas, but usually two things happened; they got ignored, or I was flamed so bad I took the avatars/writing down. Now, with the advent of all these gold generators giving out billions upon billions of gold, it feels like people have forgotten about the gold shops, and the awesome items in there!
(And gods know I have enough items in my inventory that I really need to put a use to.)

I have a few rules for these Arena entries; I won't be using any Cash items, no Monthly Collectibles, no Chance items, no Evolving items...really, no items that have a connection to Cash. They'll all be made with items from the Gold shops and freebie grants (like the Harry Potter and Magic: The Gathering items), with the only exclusion being items from Loyal's Bazaar and Dernier Cri. It isn't because I don't like those shops, because I give them the same love as the rest of the Gold shops, but it's mostly because I don't have any of their items in my inventory xd :.

So, before I make my first Shops-only avatar, thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:21 pm
Okay, this post is partially a bump and partially a statement...that I may end up leaving the guild. I haven't been talking to many people here, mostly to air, and the first person I end up getting a reply from was a bit of a b***h. So, from that, I may wind up leaving the guild. She's on my ignore list, but pretty much being called an a*****e and told to leave isn't the best welcome.

So, if you want to insult this idea and let me know it's a piece of s**t, feel free. I may not be sticking around for much longer.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

Catalyste

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:41 pm
Shadows10000
Okay, this post is partially a bump and partially a statement...that I may end up leaving the guild. I haven't been talking to many people here, mostly to air, and the first person I end up getting a reply from was a bit of a b***h. So, from that, I may wind up leaving the guild. She's on my ignore list, but pretty much being called an a*****e and told to leave isn't the best welcome.

So, if you want to insult this idea and let me know it's a piece of s**t, feel free. I may not be sticking around for much longer.

This is the first time I've seen this thread, sorry.

Still, it's totally possible. There are times where I've used event items, sponsor items, and gold shop items to express my avatar and I was given some nice compliments on how chic it looked.

Just remember that it all depends on what you want to convey to the audience. What do you want to show off and prove. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:41 pm
Catalyste
Shadows10000

This is the first time I've seen this thread, sorry.

Still, it's totally possible. There are times where I've used event items, sponsor items, and gold shop items to express my avatar and I was given some nice compliments on how chic it looked.

Just remember that it all depends on what you want to convey to the audience. What do you want to show off and prove. 3nodding

Is okay; you don't need to apologize for not seeing it right off the bat. I had to dig a bit to find it again! xd

^^ The main reason I'm doing the gold shops & freebs avatars for the arenas is because I have a crapton of items in my invo and they REALLY need to get used.
But...yeah. The leaving the guild statement came from running into a jackass as an introduction. I'm not going to say the name, since they know who they are. It's really not a great introduction into a guild to be told you're an idiot and to scram.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

Anyannah

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:16 pm
Shadows10000

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you, though I wish you would let us know who this person is. I lurk here more than not, and I've seen more than a few posts about people being treated not-so-nicely here in this guild. If nothing more, maybe message one of the crew here?

With the gold shop avi idea, it's wonderful, but as you mentioned, it's not very well received in the arenas with lots of flaming and comments along the lines of "Oh no. Not YOU all again." I would still do it, however, but I don't know if anything we do really matters anymore. I hate GC and GGs; GCers hate us and Gaia hates all of us from the way it appears. :shrug:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:38 pm
Joiva
Shadows10000

I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you, though I wish you would let us know who this person is. I lurk here more than not, and I've seen more than a few posts about people being treated not-so-nicely here in this guild. If nothing more, maybe message one of the crew here?

With the gold shop avi idea, it's wonderful, but as you mentioned, it's not very well received in the arenas with lots of flaming and comments along the lines of "Oh no. Not YOU all again." I would still do it, however, but I don't know if anything we do really matters anymore. I hate GC and GGs; GCers hate us and Gaia hates all of us from the way it appears. :shrug:

I really don't want to mention the person, really. Reason; they'd come after me, most like.

I probably won't mention that it's connected to this guild in particular. It's just...meh, I've avoided the arenas in general for several years and people seem to have forgotten just how awesome the items in the gold shops are, so I want to raise them up again. Hell, I've seen newer Gaians who had just assumed that, from the announcement spam of GC sales and items that there were no items that you didn't have to pay for with real money. Great thing is, several people have been really happy for me pointing it out.

Who knows, I may even start putting up my zOMG storyline again.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:33 am
Shadows10000
I haven't been talking to many people here, mostly to air

I know right, there are a lot of lurkers here sweatdrop I've started trying to reply to most of the guild's recent threads because I'm sick of the situation.

I don't know anything about the avi arenas so i can't say anything about the rude commentators, how much traffic an entry could get, or how effective this could be, but I do believe people are ignoring/forgetting the existence of gold shop items. This seems like a nice idea to promote those items, especially in a community where newcomers don't know they exist.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm
Punktz
Shadows10000
I haven't been talking to many people here, mostly to air

I know right, there are a lot of lurkers here sweatdrop I've started trying to reply to most of the guild's recent threads because I'm sick of the situation.

I don't know anything about the avi arenas so i can't say anything about the rude commentators, how much traffic an entry could get, or how effective this could be, but I do believe people are ignoring/forgetting the existence of gold shop items. This seems like a nice idea to promote those items, especially in a community where newcomers don't know they exist.

Guh, don't I know it. I've had to link several people to the shop I got some items from (like a lot of my elven stuff) because they staunchly believe it's from MCs. It's been a mixed reaction; some people are happily surprised, and then end up with a huge invo of shops items. Others, decide that if it's not Cash-shop, it's lame and sucks.

Me, if I like an item, I like it. Which is why, in my opinion, some of the recent Cash shop items are just...bleh. Others are nice, but I'd never use them so I don't bother getting them.  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 pm
Shadows10000

Guh, don't I know it. I've had to link several people to the shop I got some items from (like a lot of my elven stuff) because they staunchly believe it's from MCs. It's been a mixed reaction; some people are happily surprised, and then end up with a huge invo of shops items. Others, decide that if it's not Cash-shop, it's lame and sucks.

Me, if I like an item, I like it. Which is why, in my opinion, some of the recent Cash shop items are just...bleh. Others are nice, but I'd never use them so I don't bother getting them.

Lol, I feel the same razz In terms of themes and designs gold shop items often don't have that glam-fab-sparkle that cash shop items favour (other than D*C, CrosStitch and Loyal's products of course), and they have a broader palette and a lot more colours compared to recent items, so maybe some people find them harder to match into their angel or abs-guy outfits.

Man, people who don't go to the gold shops are missing out on nice items, not to mention the NPCs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:19 pm
Punktz
Shadows10000

Lol, I feel the same razz In terms of themes and designs gold shop items often don't have that glam-fab-sparkle that cash shop items favour (other than D*C, CrosStitch and Loyal's products of course), and they have a broader palette and a lot more colours compared to recent items, so maybe some people find them harder to match into their angel or abs-guy outfits.

Man, people who don't go to the gold shops are missing out on nice items, not to mention the NPCs.

Don't I know it. And in my experience, if you know what you're doing you can pair Gold and Cash items very well. One my favorite avatars has faked many a person out in zOMG and the forums! Haha!  

Shadows10000

Brainy Mage

16,200 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Waffles! 25
💇💅Avatar Talk!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items