Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Zonko's Joke Shop ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:12 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxZonko's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx

xxxxxxxxxCandace
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι'м иυтѕ, вαву, ι'м мα∂xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнє ¢яαzιєѕт fяιєи∂ тнαт уσυ'νє єνєя нα∂xxxxxxxxx
                                                          уσυ тнιик ι'м ρѕу¢нσ, уσυ тнιик ι'м gσиєxxxxxx
                                                          тєℓℓ тнє ρѕу¢нαтяιѕт ѕσмєтнιиg ιѕ ωяσиgxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceMerc was utterly thrilled to finally be allowed at Hogsmeade. Getting her parents to sign the permission slip had been as easy as handing it to them. You'd think they were the proud parents of an exceptionally responsible thirteen year old who could be trusted implicitly, but that couldn't be further from the truth. Instead, she was the impish and utterly spoiled youngest of three, whose oldest sister was so much older than her she might as well be a second mother. A mother who was just as indulgent as the first. As far as she was concerned, her life was bliss.

spaceShe was quite looking forward to checking out the joke shop; she didn't have much money, of course, but she was excited to blow what little she did have on things that were probably against school regulations. As she stepped into the shop, she threw her arms into the air, and took a deep breath.
                                                          "Smell that, Candy?" she asked dramatically. "That's the smell of chaos, waiting to be unfolded. Beautiful, sweet chaos." The third year marched into the shop, eyes wide as she tried to figure out what to check out first. Of course, she was a muggleborn, and had no clue what half this stuff was... she should've brought a pureblood, she thought with a small frown. Or at least a halfblood. Someone who'd probably heard of some of this stuff before, even if they'd never seen it. Oh, well. "What should we check out first?" she asked, whipping around to her friend. Candy would have an idea! Right? ... Okay, maybe she should've also brought a friend who was slightly less just as disorganized and hyper as she was. Damn. Where were Alby and Tiernan when she needed them? ... Actually, she didn't want to know.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxσνєя тнє вєи∂, єитιяєℓу вσикєяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxуσυ ℓιкє мє вєѕт ωнєи ι'м σff му яσ¢кєя
                                                          xxxxxxxxxтєℓℓ уσυ α ѕє¢яєт, ι'м иσт αℓαямє∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxѕσ ωнαт ιf ι'м ¢яαzу, αℓℓ тнє вєѕт ρєσρℓє αяє

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:08 pm
User Image
Third Year
Reserve Chaser - - -

Candace did it she was at Hogsmeade. Course how hard was it to go up to Steffi or Luke and ask for them to sign her permission slip? Though her other orphaned sisters had theirs signed to, she decided to share the day with Mercy. The two never got to hang out and Merc knew how to make a day out fun. Prime example Zonko’s joke shop!

The blonde Hufflepuff walked into the shop with her Gryffindor friend. Being muggleborn she had no idea what most of the items were in the shop. However, that didn’t mean she couldn’t explore it along with her equally lost friend. Upon hearing Mercy’s words Candace chuckled. “Smell what, Merc?” She asked between laughter. “You’re crazy. I’m pretty sure it’s all in your head.” She replied before adding. “But that doesn’t mean that chaos isn’t around the corner.”

Looking around the shop, Candace’s eyes darted all around. There were so many things that piqued her curiosity. Looking back to Mercy when the Gryffindor turned around, she wasn’t sure what to look at first honestly. “Well I’m no expert on magical joke supplies but…” She began to speak before something caught her eye. “Are those real ears?” She asked with a raised brow before rushing over. “They look so real… Wonder what they’re used for.” Candace looked back to Mercy. “Any idea what these are used for?”

With : Mercy

Attire : Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

Loyal to not only others, but also yourself.
                                                  I know exactly what to do with you!
                                                  Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:56 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxZonko's
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx

xxxxxxxxxCandace
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ι'м иυтѕ, вαву, ι'м мα∂xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнє ¢яαzιєѕт fяιєи∂ тнαт уσυ'νє єνєя нα∂xxxxxxxxx
                                                          уσυ тнιик ι'м ρѕу¢нσ, уσυ тнιик ι'м gσиєxxxxxx
                                                          тєℓℓ тнє ρѕу¢нαтяιѕт ѕσмєтнιиg ιѕ ωяσиgxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceMerc grinned like a maniac as her friend laughed at her, her fists coming to rest on her hips. "You just don't have my superior sense of smell," she insisted. "I could smell it a mile away!" Alright, she was being a tad dramatic, but when wasn't she dramatic? It was sort of her thing, after all. She was pretty well known for it, in fact. Being dramatic and causing trouble, which made this entire thing look almost logical. At least, if you looked at it sideways. In a funhouse mirror. Merc had always wanted a funhouse mirror...

spaceThe third year followed Candace's gaze to an odd assortment of what certainly looked like ears in the bin. Her eyes bugged out.
                                                          "I'm sooo not into fake 'I maimed myself' pranks," she said. "One, it's not funny when someone panics. Two, people rarely if ever laugh at that one after they're done panicking." She got a little closer, eyes narrowed. They were pretty realistic looking, really. Almost gross.

space"They're called extendable ears," piped up a voice, and Mercy turned to see what was apparently an employee staring at them with amusement. "You use them to eavesdrop on conversations. Put the ear where the conversation you wanna listen in on is happening, then stick the stringy big in your ear." He grabbed one from the bin, and held the stringy end out to Merc. She took it dubiously, and did as he'd asked. She couldn't help but feel like she was the one about to get pranked, but it was a joke shop, after all.

spaceShe watched the guy disappear around a corner, holding the other end. Then, clear as day in her right ear, she heard him whispering... some monologue from what she was pretty sure was Shakespeare. It sounded like Shakespeare, though she didn't think she'd read the play he was quoting from. The blunette perked up, grinning.
                                                          "That's pretty wicked!" she told him, and his head poked around the corner, lips twisted into an amused smile. "What play was that?"

space"Twelfth Night," he replied, returning to the two girls. "I'm reading it right now. Behind the counter, I mean. Not much else to do, 'til you two walked in."

spaceMercy filed that information away for later. She clapped her hands together, grinning.
                                                          "Well, we're here now, so you should help us!" she said excitedly. "The ears are cool and all, but I'm not really enough of a gossip to listen in on people's conversations. I'm more interested in actual prank items. So, whatcha got?"

spaceHe looked at the two girls curiously. "Depends on what you want," he replied. His attention shifted slightly, to Candace. "What can I tempt you with? What kind of pranks do you like?" Mercy bounced on the balls of her feet, biting her tongue to keep from answering his question. He'd specifically asked Candace, after all. No need to be rude.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxσνєя тнє вєи∂, єитιяєℓу вσикєяѕ
                                                          xxxxxxуσυ ℓιкє мє вєѕт ωнєи ι'м σff му яσ¢кєя
                                                          xxxxxxxxxтєℓℓ уσυ α ѕє¢яєт, ι'м иσт αℓαямє∂
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxѕσ ωнαт ιf ι'м ¢яαzу, αℓℓ тнє вєѕт ρєσρℓє αяє

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          Murrue, feel free to control the NPC dude, I just pulled him out of thin air for this
                                                          All I know about him is that he's apparently cute and likes Shakespeare and pranking people o/

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:04 pm
User Image
Third Year
Reserve Chaser - - -

Candace smiled the fact that Mercy was being fairly dramatic was amusing to say the least. The smell of chaos, she was crazy in her own Mercy way. Examining the fake ears she looked over at her blue haired friend at the mention of maiming herself not being a fun prank to play. “Yeah, I don’t imagine they’d go very far.” She commented just as a guy piped up. “Extendable ears…” She muttered turning her attention to the guy.

As he explained what the extendable ears were used for, Candace found them interesting. If she was one for eavesdropping she would totally get them. The Hufflepuff watched as Mercy did what he said before the guy went behind the corner. “It actually works.” She said somehow she had been skeptical. This was magic, she shouldn’t be so surprised. “That’s pretty cool.” She commented before they got to the matter at hand.

They were looking for actual prank stuff or rather Mercy was. She was along for the ride and wasn’t against a good prank or two. Smiling as Mercy explained it all, Candace nodded along. When he said it depends the Hufflepuff started to think about what kind of pranks she did enjoy. It was a good thing she was thinking that because it was then he asked what kind of pranks she liked. Candace could tell that Mercy was trying her best to keep her answer contained.

“Well, I like the kind of pranks that give a good scare but you can get a good laugh about it after the fact.” Candace answered. “I also don’t mind the flashy kind but I’m not that major of a prankster. More like prankster in training.” She added before saying with a gesture, “Mercy is the expert prankster.”

“Is that so?” He said replied looking between the two girls. Candace nodded at his question. “Let’s see what we can do about that.” He said thinking about what he could show them. "How about you, Mercy?"

With : Mercy

Attire : Hufflepuff Uniform

OOC : Would have done more with NPC dude but I figured I made you wait long enough for this post.

Cara MiaKitty

Loyal to not only others, but also yourself.
                                                  I know exactly what to do with you!
                                                  Hufflepuff!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

oyehh

Feral Fairy

24,500 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:59 am
User Image

L U C I N D AxxxJ A C O B S

SIXTHxYEAR xxxxxxGRYFFINDORxPREFECTxxxxxxKEEPER
                                                        VICExCAPTAIN

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Hogsmeade never lost it's appeal to Lucy, even after visiting it for years. It was always a nice reprieve from the castle and Merlin knows she couldn't last too long in there without wanting to get out. She wasn't one to stress about exams, but there people already preparing for their NEWTs and Lucy preferred to keep her distance; it was partially why she was here at Zonko's. Okay, she just wanted to spend more time with her boyfriend slash best friend and if she managed to pick something useful here, even better. Things were never boring with Alec and that was just one of the many things she loved about him.

The store was filled with the sounds of laughter and joke items going off and as tempting it was to try the new line of animated food, Lucy kept circling back to old favourites. "Think we can pull off switching Peter's teacup with a nose-biting one? He's been annoying lately and we might even help the school morale," she said out loud as she pulled one off the shelf, laughing lightly when the cup barely missed biting her fingers. While he'd miraculously learned to occasionally shut his trap, Peter had been talking about his study schedule enough too much. She put it back on the shelf though and took a couple sugar quills that were nearby instead to examine. "You know what would be really cool? If they had more sugar quill flavours. I'd kill for strawberry, personally," she grinned at Alec, only half serious.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

c u r r e n t l yxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            ┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                                            a txxZonko's Joke Shopxxxxxw i t hxxAlec
                                                            f e e l i n gxxhappyxxxxxw e a r i n gxxpretty things

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

o o c
                                                        ━━━━
                                                        - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Forgotten Weasley0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 am
Hands will take their place
Far from intentions made
Disguised as patience, time gets wasted
Now is for the now, so get loud
I'm, I'm destination addicted
I just gotta be some place else

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ΛĿƐӾΛИDƐŔ
ṖĤĪĿĿĪṖ
ΛѴƐŔY

sixth year │ gryffindor chaser │ pureblood

Alec was just happy to be out of the castle, although they weren't very far into the school year. Still, it was a nice autumn weekend, and he'd had no intention of spending it sitting around doing homework. While some would have argued that he and Lucy were a little too old to be hanging around Zonko's giggling and snickering to themselves, he disagreed. "Lately?" he snorted in disbelief. "The only time he's not annoying is when he's unconscious or his girlfriend is around." Alec had his doubts about Phoebe, but she seemed to work wonders for Lucy's shitty cousin, so there it was. He prodded at the biting teacup, before glancing over at the sugar quills. "Yeah, where's the blue raspberry at? Strawberry is for losers," he teased.

OOC:
oyehh

Hands will find their way
To eyes inches from my face
My heart gets beating, I drink freely
How to hold it down, hold it down?
Maybe if I stand up straight
One small thing I can change

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points