Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Brews and Stews Cafe ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:11 pm
Brews and Stews Café is a café located in Hogsmeade Village.

xxxEmployeesxxx
Name, Position

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

A smile on his face and a generally happy disposition, he walked into the cafe and twelve fourty five, knowing, like Christina had said, he had to be there a few minutes early because that honestly was the gentlemanly thing to do, which sometimes he didn't like, but he had to face the facts. He took a seat at one of the table's and looked around, hoping to find the woman that he had asked out on a day to Hogsmeade. He also hoped that she was joking about changing form into someone completely different as well. He didn't want to have to go through all the people, just trying to recognize that Georgian peach accent of hers. He wasn't even sure that she could change her voice, mainly because that wasn't specifically a physical difference, then again, she could change her vocal chords, which in theory would make a voice a lot different.

He didn't think too much on anything though and just sat there...waiting, hoping that she would get here on time, but like she said, she might get there in time for him to think that she stood him up. Who knows what the woman would do, but he really looked forward to whatever the day had in store.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:28 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: amused
Looking: Auburn haired and in jeans

Currently it is Academic Year of 2026-2027xxx

Chrissy checked her pocket watch and realized she was actually a few minutes early at the cafe and considered borrowing her sister's appearance for a few minutes, but figured since she was technically wearing a pair of her sister's boots and had possibly borrowed her sister's shirt, ethically it might be a bit over the top to borrow her sister's looks too. Then again what she looked day to day generally looked like her sister. And usually she would pick blonde hair or brunette hair when posing as her sister since she could never figure out the bright orange-ish ginger her sister's hair was.

Shaking her head she entered the cafe and spotted Bréanainn already there. Shaking her head she walked up behind him and tapped him on the shoulder and said joking not bothering to try to hide what she considered a generally fairly unrecognizable American accent with a slight Southern twang to it-her sister's accent was way more pronounced, "Table for one, I assume?You look too fidgety. I'm bettin' she stood you up. I'm so sorry. How about I get you a free Butterbeer out of sympathy?"

Chuckling, Chrissy said, "Okay, I don't look really any different with red hair verses any other color. You obviously know it is me. Though, that may have worked if I picked up my sister's looks, but it seems wrong to borrow some of her clothes and her appearance at the same time. My sister has comfortable shoes, though, what can I say?" She added smiling.

Quote:

((OoC: Sorry having 12-14 hours a day this week of training so I've been swamped...next week Monday through Friday is similar looking. 3nodding ))

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:04 am

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn sat there for awhile, waiting for the lovely Christina Dechering to show up. He didn't really know where she was, but he was sure she wouldn't actually stand him up. He hoped not at least, but that question was answered soon enough when he was tapped on the shoulder and was greeted by an American accent, which caused him to look back at where it came from. He wasn't too sure if it was Christina or not at first, but instantly after his second glance, he recognized her, especially as soon as the women had mentioned something about how she 'stood him up'. That on its own was definitely another indicator. He did smile at her and played along though. "Yeah, I t'ink she stood me up. But t'at Butterbeer does sound nice," he said to her, smiling and then listening to the rest of what she had to say.

"Yeah, you don't look much different at all. You do look great t'ough," he said to her, a small smile on his face. He then laughed about the comments on her sister's shoes. "Does your sister know t'at you stole her boots?" he asked her, giving her a small chuckle. She seemed like she would do it without asking though. It really wasn't stealing really? It would be brought back.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:46 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather

"You are probably one of those idiots who would say that even if I just came off of a particularly long day working at the hospital or spending a day in the garden or something or just finished a run," She said with a roll of her eyes when Bréanainn complemented her on her looks. "Though, I didn't listen to your preference on hair colors so who knows?" She added with a smile as she sat down and picked up a menu. "Brunettes right?"

"And, I don't steal," She added twirling the wooden cross on her necklace. "I grew up going to church at least every Sunday whenever I'm back home. I try to keep following the majority of the big morality rules I learned from that. The whole not stealing thing is one of the easiest thing to follow" She said with a shrug and added with a smile, "She can hunt me down easy enough if she is missing something that actually bothers her. I think she is holding onto a shirt of mine right now: I can't really complain, it looks better on her than me. Why is that so weird? We're family, we should be close and share everything."

"Anyways, I'm sure you could care less about what my sister and I share or don't share. You said you were currently living with your brother, so it would make sense you would understand close family relationships, right?" She said with a smile as she glanced back at her menu, "And I actually can't buy you Butterbeer. I purposely forgot my money at home. That means I get stuck with just a salad right or whatever is cheapest on the menu, right?"

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:27 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"No, I'm one of t'ose slightly smarter idiots who knows when he looks at a girl whet'er or not she is beautiful or not, no matter what she is wearing at t'e time," he said to her, smiling and with confidence that is unparalleled. He knew what he was saying from experience. But he would not talk about his 'experience' at all with anyone but his own mind. He would wait for her witty response to that one because you know, no girl could ever accept compliments anymore. He imagined she would try to come back at him with something, but then again, maybe she wouldn't.

"I said I only slightly prefer brunettes. I'm not that picky Christina," he said to her, a smile on his face, chuckling. He watched as she picked up a menu, a smile on his face. He already knew what he was having. He was getting what he usually got at the Cafe. He always got the same thing and never really deviated from that. He loved this place just because it was smaller and relatively a good atmosphere.

"And I'm not questioning your morality," he said, laughing, as she took it was too far with what he meant. "I was just wondering if she knew..." He kept his smile constant, showing the friendliness and fondness he had for her. And soon enough, he learned that she was a church goer, which wasn't necessarily what he was, but he never really understood what he was. "I'm actually glad to hear t'at you went to church. Means you have morals, you know, the t'ing that not many people have nowadays."

"And I do understand everything about close familial relationships. But my brother however, doesn't take a liking to me trying to use his clothes. I really have to sneak around to even go into his room at times,' he admitted to her, laughing. He wouldn't lie to her because the more lies he said, the more that would come and that's not what he wanted.

"And no, have whatever you want. I don't care how expensive it is. Money isn't that big of a deal with me," he said to her, smiling, giving her a free rein to have whatever she wanted. He honestly wanted to see how she would eat. Believe it or not, it said a lot about a person. He didn't judge solely on that though.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:08 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"The right features look good in any circumstance," She said with a smile. "It seems like a waste not to take advantage of my endless potential for good looks. I went out a couple months with a model and I used to imitate her looks exactly. It was fun. And, we could get free drinks on our own dates when I did that..." She chuckled.

"Which, come to think about shows I don't entirely follow what the church taught. What I do follow is more of habit than anything else. My family is the same way. I wouldn't say we are actually all that religious. If we actually believed everything the church we went to taught, Dad wouldn't have died," Chrissy said glancing away her eyes darkening before she let out a sigh as she looked fairly preoccupied at the menu and listened to him talk about his brother.

"Maybe, you and your brother don't share enough," Christine added. "As for my sister she has a pretty set schedule when she doesn't want me snooping around in the house's potions lab. She generally cares far less about her room. But she has banned me from the kitchen, which is fine. I respect her requests for privacy she respects mine where it is needed-and we talk to each other enough to know why one of us might need the privacy-including the times she just asks to have the place entirely to herself for a day or two. It's all about communication for us. And, I like to be the cool, understanding big sister to her."

She glanced back at him, her smile had fully returned and her eyes returning to her normal color and she put down her menu and said, "I'll have a large salad then if I can have anything on the menu."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:27 am

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He listened to Christina closely, taking in everything she was saying. She then got on some kind of past relationship, which Bréanainn instantly kind of brushed until he heard the pronoun 'her', which didn't cause any significant changes in anything on the outside, but the inside, a thought came over him. Well, this sucks, not only do I have to try to compete with men, but women too. Not even fair..." he thought to himself, but keeping the smile on his face constant throughout the thought, making sure he gave nothing away that would even show that his mind was on that fact. "Hey, not'ing wrong wit' working around t'e system I guess, but I truly don't t'ink you need to change anyt'ing," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders, smiling a bit.

"And you are right. My brot'er and I do not share enough at all. Like I said before, my brot'er stays in his room, doesn't talk, bans me from entering his room, and worst of all, only comes out of t'at room three times a day...all of which are when I sleep usually," he admitted to her, realizing just how much he never sees his brother, even when he is in the house. It was actually terrible. The two were close but his brother just never wanted to come out of that room for whatever reason. Bréanainn one day had taken a peak in there to find papers all over the place, all of which had names on it. He figured maybe he was running some kind of insurance company or something and never have questioned it because he didn't want to find out. "I am sorry to hear t'at your dad passed. My own mot'er and fat'er had passed a few years ago as well," he admitted to her, but he had gotten over it by then. He just took everything one day at a time nowadays.

"And like I said, you can have whatever you want. Whet'er t'at is a large salad or a buffet of food means no difference," he said to her, smiling and laughing. It almost seemed as if she was surprised he said she could anything she wanted. He had money, and a lot of it at that. Playing Quidditch for eight years paid him royally, but Bréanainn has never been one for the lavish lifestyle...well, except for the muggle car he kept, which was a cherry red Koeningsegg Agera R, which cost him a good 2 million dollars worth of galleons that he transferred over. He mainly bought the thing to race it on the Autobahn Highway. He actually found it a lot more fun to drive around everywhere then just flew powdering. Driving was just a rush for him. His mother worked in Muggle relations; so he was introduced the to concept of a car early in life.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:43 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"That is something you'd have to bring up with God on just how much wiggle room you have. I know different churches interpret things different ways, even in the same denomination. It was a muggle village and my mom did-does-tarot card readings publicly, but no one of the congregation cares as she does more as an act and something to entertain locals and tourists. Besides it isn't like she is a seer and quite frankly her divination skills are pretty dreadful. I think she may have failed her WIT exam in that class to tell the truth, and barely passed her CATs in it," Chrissy laughed. "It is amusing to tell the truth and probably why everyone is so okay with it. She doesn't claim to actually be doing anything but playing cards. It isn't magic in any shape or form."

Still smiling she listened to Bréanainn explain his brother's habits and arched a brow, "Is your brother a vampire? He sounds like a vampire just trying to hide the condition." It was hard to tell how much of her was joking or how much of her was serious, but she did sound the slightest serious-which was not what normal people would actually have adopted at all in such a generally bizarre line of thought or questioning. She added with a shrug, "We all have our secrets, I suppose, but if your brother is that secretive from you, you probably should make more of an effort. But that is just me being nosy."

"As for my Dad, I'd rather not discuss it-but what happened wasn't what I would call something as normal as 'passing away'," Chrissy answered, her eyes jumping between red and a darker blue as she looked away and changed the subject, "Anyways, like I said we all have our secrets so it is only proper to respect that. As for my dinner choices, a large salad or gorging yourself on food does technically make a difference. Your body is your temple, and even if I wanted to just shed 20 pounds with my abilities as a metamorphagus it doesn't mean I didn't already damage my body by mistreating it with bad food. And, the main family business is a health food store back in Georgia-all local and/or organic things and special spices and general older remedies for basic things. Like ginger is good for digestion."

"It was fun to run. And a lot of the locals would just shop there and joke about how my parents were technically yankees but they were going to make sure my sister and I were right and proper southern ladies. Everyone knew everyone, it was nice," She said with a smile. "Suffocating but nice. Actually when I stopped back home to help my sister pack a few things, word came out we were moving somewhere in England and I remember our neighbor telling me-don't buy a lick of what those stuffy tea-drinking Red Coat losers say. Granted he was eighty so I doubt being politically correct is that big of an objective in his life."

"What about you? Hogwarts alumni, right? Gryffindor? Played a stint of quidditch so you got to have all the air-brained but usually pretty girls fawn over you just for that. Maybe some of the guys.... What's the story behind you? I'm not even sure if you mentioned if you are the older or younger brother. Though, you are a few years older than me which I found out by looking at an old edition of a quidditch magazine. You didn't have that gray hair that you have right there," She added with a joke pointing at a random strand of his hair on his head. She was completely lying about noticing any grays and he was a bit young for the general population to start going gray, though the color could kick in at any age. But, it was something entertaining to tease him about, and it got off the topic of questions about her own family she'd rather not answer-like exactly how her father died or why her own sister thought privacy was so important or why they chose to have an entire potions lab in their house since Sophie wasn't a potion-maker by trade and only a cashier at the local grocery store.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn looked at her as she started to speak about God, an idea that even though he was not very familiar with, had a major impact on the muggle world. He really had no ideas about some supreme being in the sky. He did believe in some kind of higher power, but wasn't truly sure if he was a man or not. He also didn't really want to share any ideas, but he did keep a smile on the whole time to show that he was listening, laughing when she had said something about her mother's divination skills were terrible. It seemed like muggles would fall for anything when it came to wizard tricks...like tarot-card reading. She even made him laugh a little bit more when she told him it wasn't anything to do with magic, which was absolutely amusing.

Then a question that bothered him, yet never thought about. Was his brother a vampire? He had no clue at all, but he did know he very often didn't travel in the day. He even seemed to sleep in his room during the day. Well, at least, whatever he is doing he is not making a sound while doing it, whether it was sleeping, or doing something that didn't cause noise. "I've never t'ought about it to be honest. He could be, but he probably isn't truthfully," he said to her, instantly keeping away from the subject of his brother who might be a vampire. He didn't believe he was, but there was always a chance. "I never try to get in his business...not a very good idea. Man is an excellent dueler...so am I, but he is almost masterful at it. I don't even know why he isn't a professional," he said to her, shrugging. His brother was the best dueler that he had ever seen, but then again, he had seen a limited amount during his day.

He then listened to her rant on about her father and Georgia. Also, she told him that a Metamorphagus could do harm to their body by eating bad food, which was interesting actually. He didn't know that really made that much of a distance. He thought that a metamorphagus could somehow control that sort of thing. He also learned a little about her little city in Georgia, which he always open to listen to her about. Also, what the old man had said to her actually made him laugh very hard. "Has America not gotten over t'at War yet?" he said to her, a bright smile on his face. That was a big loss in the British history, but to an Irishmen, he truly didn't understand the immensity of the war.

"Yes, I was a Gryffindor when I attended Hogwarts. And yes I did have many people fawning over me back t'en, which is one of the reasons why I left. I mean, I like to be t'e center of attention as much as t'e next guy but it got to be way too much. But I mean, I don't really have much of a story behind me. Born in Dublin, Ireland. Grew up wit' a mom and dad who by now means coddled me. Taught me Quidditch t'ough at a young age. I came into Hogwarts and instantly won t'e starting goalkeeper position away from a fif year who was supposed to be pretty good. I guess one could call me a prodigy at t'at time. My first year, I took everyone by surprise and shut every team out, which I didn't do after t'at, but it was probably because everyone took me seriously my second year and after. Hogwarts was a breeze, then I played Quidditch, and now I'm here. Not'ing really amazing about it," he said to her, looking where she indicated his 'gray' hair was, but he couldn't find it. He wasn't sure if she was telling the truth or not, but he just stayed calm. He wasn't worried about having grey hair to be honest. Well, he would be if he had a full head of it, but he obviously didn't.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:09 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Chrissy raised a brow when Bréanainn pondered the idea his brother was a vampire and said he could be but probably wasn't and mentioned his brother's skills as a dueler. "If your brother is up and about at all during the day, it is probably safe to say he isn't a vampire," Chrissy remarked dryly. "I actually don't know all that much about them, but I do know being awake during daylight hours-even inside-tends to be highly detrimental to their health in some way or another. Honestly, I don't know all that much about vampires."

She shrugged as she listened to him mention dueling running in the family and she smiled, "So is dueling just a quirk of skill that runs in the family or something that was stressed in its importance with your family or a combination of both? My family revolved around potion work, instead. My sister is better at potions than I am, though."

Leaning forward she chuckled when Bréanainn asked if America had gotten over the American Revolution yet. "The United States of America wouldn't exist if we hadn't won that war. It sort of is a big deal. Besides, who doesn't love a story where the little guys end up fighting back against the bully of the day and winning against what most would argue an opponent they shouldn't have won about. It is a story where heart beat strength. And, of course, we like to fight and brag and we like to win and rub people's faces in it. Okay, not entirely, but as a country as a whole that is in some ways our image. It is true that that War, was the reason we even began as a country. And, it technically was a Revolution which sounds far more righteous than a 'war'. It gives Americans as a nation something to remember and rally behind. It is a common link we all share since it spawned the ability of the nation to be born." She ended with a smile and laughed, "Sorry, it is taught quite excessively in our schools. And we like to paint the whole thing as where we were these awesome rebellious, just, benevolent men who risked everything for freedom. You want to make a war sound good that our nation is in, just make a couple American Revolution references. Simple enough." She added before falling silent to listen to Bréanainn explain his school years and life story more or less.

"There's such thing as too much personal attention?" Chrissy asked sounding surprised. "Anyways, prodigy you said? Pretty cocky sounding there, sir. Besides, you know what prodigies are when they become adults? Just someone who happens to be halfway decent at something." She added teasing, and propping her chin up in her hand as she studied Bréanainn. The man was confident-borderline cocky to tell the truth-but generally that sort of personality was more entertaining to be around in Chrissy's opinion. It generally was less drama out and about. And they weren't the type to do the extra legwork on digging though other's personal lives because they were more absorbed in themselves than other people tended to be about themselves.

Smiling she tapped her fingers on the table, realizing that she was starting to get restless. Casual conversation with a stranger, or at least someone she didn't know that well, was something she hadn't bothered with in a while and it didn't keep her focused as long as what probably it should for a more polite person.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:47 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"Nor do I to tell you the truth," he said to her, snickering a bit. He could just picture his brother as Count Dracula and the image of that had been swirling through his head continuously, which caused him to laugh harder. But as soon as he realized he did it, he looked to Christina, apologizing. "Sorry, I'm just picturing my brother running around as one of t'ose cheesy movie Count Draculas," he admitted to her, smiling at her and then continuing to laugh. Those cheesy movie vampires obviously weren't anything like the 'real' thing, but they did provide him a good laugh whenever he saw them in the Muggle Theater.

He stopped laughing soon enough, just in time to hear her next question, answering it quickly. "Uhm...I would say t'at it is a little bit of both. Because my brother had an uncanny ability to duel where I just well above average. So I would say t'at we inherited it, yet we worked hard to get better, but my brother's t'reshold for it was considerably higher," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulders. He never knew if it was truly inherited but he figured since both him and his brother were very good at it that it must run in the family. Their mother must've very good or something. He still didn't know to that day, but hey, he'd find out eventually...maybe not.

"Well I wouldn't say that because the French aided t'em quite a bit. So it really was the little guys and their older brot'er fighting against the large bully," he said to her, smiling a bit and then chuckling. "I actually learned a little bit about it myself surprisingly, but as minimal as it possibly could be, 'cause I'm an Irishman. We don't really have much of a say on t'e matter," he concluded, keeping his smile on for her so that she saw he had no mean or rude intent by any of what he had just said. He wanted to make sure she knew that he was just bringing it up from the point of view of an Irishman.

"No, no, no, Christina, t'at is not what I meant. T'at's what t'ey called me. I didn't give myself t'at name," he said, trying to recover a bit. She sounded surprised, but he didn't know if she was being serious or not. She could be a little sarcastic at times. "You know, you really love to tease me don't you," he said, giving her a smile as she, very cutely he might add, propped her chin up in her hand. All he could do was shake his head as she roped him into making himself sound just about as arrogant as can be. He was self confident...okay...maybe a little arrogant, but he would never say that out loud.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:56 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Christina raised a brow when Bréanainn laughed at the image of his brother being a vampire-specifically the image of vampires painted by many muggle movies. And then shrugged when he explained about his and his brother's talents and how it was probably inherited but they worked hard to get better. "You probably aren't so great at the branch of magic I teach then. Those who are better duelers and are better at more aggressive spells tend to struggle more with wellness magic, which is my specialty. Or that is what seems to be the case. It is hard to tell where natural talent ends and hard work begins if you put in hard work in any subject." She shrugged with a smile and then listened as he gave his input on the whole American Revolution and said it was merely the opinion of the Irishmen.

"Ah, yes, our Irish tended to come over during their Potato Famine or whatever. There's a fairly large population in New York City I hear," She said with a smile. "As for the French aiding us, well, I suppose we do owe them since their aiding the Americans in revolting led to the monarchy's fall and their own revolution. If I was a royal, I figure no matter how much I dislike another country, it probably isn't a smart move to support a group of people to revolt against another monarch to declare their freedom and independence."

"Anyways, history is boring if you ask me," She said with a smile. "I care way more about the here and now. And I heard way too much about the American Revolution for my taste in school. It got trite after a while, if you ask me."

Shaking her head and chuckling she listened as he tried to counter what he said about himself being a prodigy and pawning off the title as the fault of others. "And, to tell the truth, I don't love to tease you anymore than anyone else... I guess I have my preferences, though. We all do. I don't tend to say anything that would be insulting or too prying. That's why I prefer someone with at least as egotistical as I am. A person with confidence takes jibes way easier."

She stretched her arms briefly and said, "You know if I wanted to stay cooped up chattering I could have just stayed at the castle. Or even gone home and visited with my sister."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:25 am

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He nodded as she pegged him pretty perfectly when she said that he wasn't good at wellness magic. It was very true. He had tried a couple spells from that branch whilst he was dating a soon-to-be healer during school and just about could never get it. It was truly a bad spot about him that he didn't like to share, but he was actually terrible at any healing. "Yes, I am truly terrible using Wellness Magic," he said to her, laughing a bit. "Can you duel well?" he asked her, a small smile. She specialized in Wellness Magic; so he figured maybe the converse was correct as well.

"It really wasn't too good of an idea on t'eir part. But I guess t'e Americans were really fine wit' it. Hell, I'd be okay wit' it too," he said to her, laughing a bit before hearing her opinion on history, which he really couldn't argue because it was the truest statement that anyone could ever say. He smiled and said, "I couldn't agree more." He kept his eyes on her, losing himself a little bit in them as she spoke, which he was already used to masking.

"Oh, I t'ink you do. And, come on then, let's go," he said to her, getting up and waiting for her, a smile staying on his face.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC: It's a little short, but it'll have to do. I didn't want to keep you waiting xD.
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:49 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"Dueling, me?" Christina chuckled. "I actually never picked it up, personally, so I can't technically say. I figured I wouldn't be spectacular at it. I do know transfiguration type spells I've always been terrible at. And I was pretty much banned at my old work from ever dealing with patients who have gone through transfiguration accidents. Apparently, I lacked compassion in that depeartment and it was hypocryitical of me to say something like 'I don't care if you want to look like a young Brad Pitt or whatever, doing this rubbish is why you broke out into spots'."

She shook her head and smiled as he said that he agreed the French monarchs weren't the wisest to support the American Revolution but said the Americans were probably fine with it and that he would be okay with it. She shrugged and gave a nod. It was true, the early Americans even named some cities or towns in honor of the French monarchs for their support. Christina remembered a town called Maria named in honor of one of the French queens because the French were one of the big reasons the American Revolution was as successful as it was. They might have won without the French's help, but it wouldn't have been nearly as easy.

She raised a brow though when he countered that her statement about not loving to tease him anymore than anyone else and then suggested they go, standing. Standing too she said, "Maybe you should ask my sister? Oh, I could tell you what she would say, if she didn't threaten to kill you for bothering her about me first!"

She briefly shifted her features and her hair turned a vibrant red and her eyes brightened slightly so she looked more like her sister and she offered with a more pronounced Georgian accent, "I swear sometimes the only reason I put up with Chrissy is 'cause we're family... I almost like to think our mother just had a fling or somethin' and Chrissy is from that." Chuckling, Christina looked at the scarlet hair and changed back to her more normal appearance and said, "Okay, imagine the hair more orange than red and the fact she actually would bother talking to you besides normal customary greetings and pleasantries. Anyways, where's next on the agenda, good sir?"

RedEagleEye007

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces