Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Baby Witch ~ NPC Owned, Available Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:48 am
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Baby Witch - Hogsmeade
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Nursery Shopping
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Ugh, standing is a nightmare

Callie sighed when Eden said he wasn't sure if the prices were determined by the magic or just the regular features. "You'd think the more common technology would have gone down in price by now." She clucked her tongue softly, nodding as he commented on the difference in the few strollers. Apparently he quite liked the foldable one, however, it had some wheels that would probably only be usable on sidewalks.

After standing up and walking around a bit, Callie offered out the all-terrain stroller, wondering if it was something that might suit their needs better. She asked about the one beside him, but he quickly insisted she go back and sit down. With a small sigh, she agreed, walking back over to carefully sit back down. He did indeed bring the stroller over, noting that it was currently on sale. He read the tag, seemingly happy about everything.

Apparently, the final decision was between the all-terrain stroller and the pink one on sale. "Honestly... I think I like the all-terrain one a bit better. It's a nice, neutral grey, and it's got pretty similar features. Plus, the pink one also has the smaller, stiff wheels. I just.... especially with your family, I feel like we'll want the ability to go over grass and rocks. Plus, it looks really nicely made. Even though the pink one is on sale, they're about the same cost. And no, I don't think we're prepared to move, but even if we do, it looks like the charms on the grey one can sorta... vanish... maybe? Like. Go away to be able to use around muggles." She sighed softly, rubbing her temple.

"See, I'd like to make sure we have one we can use in muggle spaces. Your entire family is muggle. Mine aren't so much. But I know we'll want to be around your family as well. She is your parents' first grand baby, after all." She glanced up at Eden, wondering what he was thinking about the situation. He was certainly more of the tactical mind, and she was sure if he had opinions, he'd happily share.

{{Wearing :: Bows and Arrows}}
          addaellis

Come just as you are to me, don't need apologies, know that you are worthy
          I'll take your bad days with your good. Walk through the storm, I would
          I do it all because I love you, I love you. Unconditional, unconditionally!
          There is no fear now, let go and just be free, and I will love you unconditionally
          So open up your heart and just let it begin!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:30 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

20 years || Hufflepuff alum || muggleborn
Mediwizard

Eden listened, nodding as Callie presented her opinions between the two. ”You’re right. I’d like to be able to bring her around my grandparents too. Sir and Ma’am wouldn’t freak over a floating stroller, but a cushioning charm is definitely easier to hide than temperature control and water-repelling charms.” He grinned at her mention of being able to go over grass and rocks would be very useful around his family. ”Sand and mud is probably a bigger concern. And it’s not like we’re going to dump the stroller in the pool.”

The one thing Eden was actually confident about when it came to this parenting thing was teaching his kids to swim. He had taught Mattie and Callie how to swim, and he still enjoyed the occasional hour of laps.

He patted the grey one, scooting it around and checking the other features. ”It doesn’t fold, but it does say shrink-safe so we can shrink it away at home and enlarge it when we need to and nothing will fall out of place or whack or anything. And it looks like there are places we can attach additional things, like a tray or cup holder.”

He glanced up and noticed a few carriers and pulled one down that matched the gray of the stroller but had little white stars and circles. It had quite a few straps, but what Eden was looking at was the tag, which boasted that would let it comfortably conform to parent and baby’s body shapes without inserts. ”If we’re decided on the stroller, how about this for a carrier? Suitable for 3 to 23 kg, so quite adaptable and we could both wear it. There’s an extra pocket here we could fit a heating or cooling pad or some bluebell flames. Price wise…that’s not too bad. We could pick up a few of the stretchy wrap things with pretty designs for wearing at home, but this could be something for going out somewhere we don’t want to be dealing with a stroller.”

setting Baby Witch, May/June 2058 || with Callie
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing loose tan cardigan, black tee, jeans
status Good finds? :O

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
♖♜
~"Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Ugh, standing is a nightmare

Callie spoke her thoughts on the few strollers they'd narrowed down to, and Eden listened rather intently. Then again, Eden was always one to appreciate and respect a well-though argument. He mentioned wanting to bring the baby around his grandparents as well, though they might freak out more over some of the fancier charms. "I agree. It will also be helpful if we need to go in the city, or other muggle spots. If it's too much magic, we'll only be able to take her in magic spots. Besides, that one with all the levitation charms looks way too complicated.

This one here,"
                                                          she continued, "with the bigger wheels, seems like it would be a lot smoother of a ride. Not to mention, it looks a lot nicer on our end too. These big handles make it seem like it would be pretty easy to operate. It has big pockets and, like you said, it has spots for attachments. A cup holder would be nice." She watched Eden move to grab a complex-looking baby harness. It was a soft grey, decorated with stars and circles. He started discussing the features, making sure to discuss everything he liked about it. "I agree it's nice. Though... I can say I don't think I'll be able to carry her once she's 23kg."

The blonde let out a happy laugh, causing the baby to roll about. "I do like the idea that we could do a warm or cool pad in the pocket. Plus, it looks rather comfortable. I really do want one of the wraps as well, especially while the baby is little. What do you think, love? Is that the one?" She figured if he liked it, he was probably a really nice item. Plus, she liked what he'd told her about it.

"So, now we've found a crib, stroller, and a nice carrier. We'll probably need a car seat, but I don't see any here. That might be better at a muggle shop. Here, let's head over there and look at those nice swings. I figure I need to stand up anyway, otherwise I'll fall asleep here." She grinned, carefully pushed herself to a stand, holding onto Eden's arm for support. Man, she couldn't imagine how rough this would be here in a few months.

addaellis

There is no fear now, let go and just be free, and I will love you unconditionally

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:05 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Eden smooched his wife’s head with agreement as they decided on the grey strolled. Callie also seemed to like the carrier, although she mentioned she might not be able to pick up their baby once she was 23 kilograms. ”Hopefully our little star would be scurrying around on her own once she’s that big anyways.”

He put the carrier in the basket still floating near them and pointed to the shelf on the other side. ”Looks like more of the wraps over there. We can check them out for nice patterns on our way back with the baby clothes. Maybe even find a matching set?”

Eden squatted next to Callie as they went over what they needed. ”Car seat is definitely more of a muggle store thing. I don’t think of it as particularly high priority, but it would definitely be a good thing to have for trips to the city and the like. You know, when we can’t just apparate.”

He helped Callie up gently. Part of him wanted to insist she rest, but he would also prefer they finish the shopping and get her home where she could relax than have her falling asleep on the rocking chair in the middle of the store. Although…maybe having a rocking chair at home would be nice too, if it was comfy enough for that. He made a mental note what it looked like so he could come back another time. A rocking chair in the child’s room where Callie could rest while rocking their daughter to sleep would be a lovely treat.

There was one particular swing prominently on display in the shop: it hung from the ceiling, had a chair that could be swapped out for a bench-seat as the child grew, and came in a variety of wood and seat colors. ”Plus there’s a deal,” Eden noted, indicating a few of the swing-cushion options. ”Buy a swing and patterned cushion set before June and get a free plain-color cushion.” There were a few options for patterns, but nothing that would fit a planetarium theme, at least at first glance. Oh well. If they had the swing in the living room it wouldn’t have to fit a theme. Pity though.

setting Baby Witch, May/June 2058 || with Callie
status Good finds? :O

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:31 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Dear Knight
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Swing, swing

Callie nodded in agreement when Eden said that hopefully by the time she was 23kg, their baby would be walking about. "I'm sure she will. She's going to have her daddy's strength to guide her." She sighed, offering a soft smile to her husband. Plus, according to all the books she'd read, she figured their little star should be closer to 9kg. Either way, both would love their child wholeheartedly.

After asking about snuggle wraps, Eden said there were some closer to the clothes sets. "Sure thing. I feel like it would be far easier to carry around our little darling. The other one is excellent for hikes and long walks, but not terribly practical for around the flat." She laughed softly, seemingly at her own words. Eden squat beside her so they could discuss their list, and Callie gently raked her fingers through his hair, enjoying being closer to him for a moment.

After deciding their order, Eden helped her to a stand, then they began to walk to the swings. "Can you imagine how much more difficult standing will be soon? Hopefully you don't mind pulling me close to you." She sent a sly grin toward her husband, before getting distracted by the fancy show-model of a swing. "That is a pretty good deal. And even if they don't make one in colors to match, surely it wouldn't be too difficult to make a slip cover for the cushions. If you like that one, it is nice."

The blonde moved to look at another swing, this one on a stand on the floor. She read the tag, then carefully moved it about to see the mechanics. "This one swings forward and back, as well as having a bouncing sort of motion. Though it looks like it would only be helpful for a small babe."

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:04 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

”Her daddy apparently took forever to learn to walk and then wouldn’t stop running around,” Eden quipped, returning his wife’s gentle smile. Sometimes, moments like these struck him– were his own parents ever so lovey-dovey like this? Did they look forward to his and Mattie’s births like this? He knew the stories–Ma’am had been in a check up with another fellow army medic when her labor contractions started and the patient had had to call for another doctor.

Eden had seen plenty of painful things in his training as a hit wizard and then a mediwizard, but he didn’t want to imagine his Callie going through anything like that. He didn’t want her to suffer or be uncomfortable at all. But at the same time, it wasn’t like he could grow the babe for her. ”Not at all,” he replied, pulling Callie closer with a mischievous grin of his own. ”And if you need anything, you don’t hesitate to ask, okay? You don’t even need to stand if you don’t feel up to it.”

”Wingardium Leviosa.” he instructed, lifting the indicated swing slightly off the ground so Callie could examine it without crouching down or bending. He examined the bouncing swing as well, keeping one arm firmly supporting Callie. ”It seems to have a different play function,” he agreed. Did he and Mattie use these kind of toys when they were little?

”I’m okay with either,” he admitted, leaving the decision up to Calliope. ”If you’d like both we could even come back in a few months and keep an eye out for discounts.”

Eden had shrugged when Callie mentioned it surely wouldn’t be too difficult to make a slip cover in a way that matched their color scheme. He didn’t know much about making things like that, but if his starflower thought it was a simple task then he trusted her judgement on the matter. But he was turning the idea over in his head and now thought that perhaps having everything related to their daughter be of one cohesive theme might make it easier for the kid to learn what was hers after all. It was like…having a set of materials requisitioned to her.

Hey, if she was going to have such a starry room, what about a starry name?

“Hey. I was just thinking. Do you have anything in particular you want our little girls’s name to mean or anything? Like…a favourite constellation or something?”

setting Baby Witch, May/June 2058 || with His dear Starflower
status Stars....swings...Names...

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:41 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Swing, swing

Callie chortled when Eden mentioned his walking and running. "From what I remember, I took my first steps slowly, though I don't recall running very much as a child." She hummed softly, snuggling into Eden's side.

After asking if he would be glad to pull her close, Eden happily accepted. "I have no doubt that you would always be there to help me out. Though I do hope it won't get to the point where I won't be able to stand." She sighed softly, lacing her fingers through his for extra support. Then again, she knew he would happily carry her around if it did get bad enough for her to need such assistance.

As they discussed swings, Eden said he wouldn't mind either one, or even waiting a while and picking one up at a later time. "I really do like that swing you spotted. And that's a good sale. We could even utilize the second seat cushions for wash day. Babies aren't exactly known to be tidy, after all."

It was then that Eden asked a question Callie wasn't quite prepared for. "Well, our baby is supposed to be born under Virgo. Logical, practical, and intelligent, she should be humble and kind, yet strong-willed. Perhaps, should we keep the Greek of my name..." As she spoke, Callie pulled out her wand, tapping at the air to leave a shimmery, golden ball floating where she tapped. Thirteen total taps, each hovering in a specific order. Almost like a pen stroke, Callie drew the lines to connect the orbs, drawing the Constellation of Virgo.

"If we would like to view under the constellation, I would love to think within the Heavenly Bodies. Perhaps.... Persephone. The name means 'noble power', and is an asteroid in Virgo. She also shares her namesake in the Greek Mythos. Persephone, queen of the Underworld, yet highly revered by those on Olympus. Even the muse, Calliope, wrote poems in her honor. And I would be honored to write poems and epics for such a wonderful new blessing."

She sighed softly, the shimmery orbs slowly fading before twinkling out. She glanced over at Eden, then sighed softly. "Then again, I have been wanting to bring her father into her name. Perhaps those of similar origin? Eden is Hebrew, meaning 'paradise', so perhaps something with matching meaning? Or potentially similar names.... But I suppose you have many ideas to gift our young flower."

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:03 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Swing picked out, the couple wandered towards the bath area nearby as he asked about names. Callie pulled out her wand, tapping the air as she spoke. The constellation of Virgo…that was the Virgin, he remembered.

Eden just stopped and stared as Callie continued, an adoring smile softening his features. He knew she was an astronomy and astrology and all things starry night sky nerd of the upmost degree–hell, Callie had tutored him when it came to Astronomy. He knew she was aces at Mythology. But his cheeks still flushed when beheld his star chaser so passionately thinking through their daughter’s name.

”Persephone.” he repeated, trying the word out. ”Persephone Harper.”

The golden lights twinkled out as Calliope sighed softly and remarked she wanted his input as well. Eden hadn’t really thought about baby names as a young man. ”To be honest…I don’t really. I guess…I like shorter names? But not really?”

He knew his own parents had named him Eden and his sister Matilda simply because they thought the names sounded nice. They didn’t mind the Christian mythological meanings of Eden. Captain John Rhys happened to be a captain and mutual friend of his parents when they were dating, but it was a surname. Rose wasn’t even Ma’am’s favourite flower. Eden… It was just..his name. There was nothing to like or dislike about it. He didn’t exactly have a nickname–beside Knight, but that was exclusively for his Starflower.

“I mean, what am I supposed to offer, rifle names? Springfield, Ruger, Mauser, Remington are hardly cute names for a baby girl.” He made a face. “I guess we could abbreviate it to like…’Spring’ or ‘Remy’. Remy Harper?”

He shrugged. ”Colt? Zastava? Hehe.” Zastava Harper sounded kind of cool, but it also didn’t really sound like something either of their families would come up with. He mused a bit more, reaching back for something from History of Magic that he might remember. ”Narcissa? I always thought Narcissa Malfoy was maligned in historical texts. But I’m not so attached as to name our child after her. If there was anyone…what was Kuiper’s given name? The astronomer. I liked him. G-something…Gerald? Geraldine? Geraldine Harper…But I still don’t know what any of these names mean.”

”I still think I like Persephone best. We could nickname her Percy. Or…what was the other name Persephone went by?”

status Stars....swings...Names...

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:05 am
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Connecting Names
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Names of all sorts

Callie smiled softly when Eden tried out the name. Persephone Harper. It sounded so perfect when he spoke the name. He mentioned liking shorter names, and Callie nodded a bit. "I suppose Persephone is a bit long. Perhaps it could be a middle name, then? If it ever gets used. I want us both to agree, though fate may speak her word."

Eden asked about rifle names, earning a small chuckle. "Perhaps they have a similar meaning. Though I do like the idea of a shorter name." She pondered for a moment, pausing when Eden went more into magical history. "Narcissa is also a Greek name, meaning 'daffodil', if I remember correctly. Though, yes, I believe recent history has overshadowed quite a bit." She sighed, almost sadly. It was a rather lovely name, though she didn't feel it particularly fit.

When asked about Kuiper, Callie perked up. "Ah yes, Kuiper. And you were close on his name. It's Gerard Kuiper. His name is Dutch. I'm not sure if there are any female seeming names similar, without going quite a bit too old fashioned. I believe his name means something like... 'spear', I think. Strong... brave... something like that. I'm not certain. But I'm sure we can find the meanings." She took Eden's hand, leading him over to a small shelf of baby books. After tutting for a moment, the blonde grabbed a thick tome of name meanings.

While she looked, Eden mentioned liking Persephone best, then asked about some other names of hers. Callie looked up from the book, pondering for a second to remember the legends. "Let's see... Hagne, Malivinia, Aristi, Kore, Neotera... I'm not too keen on any of them, and any further just get harder to pronounce without being more fluent in the Greek language. But... perhaps if we crossed mythos. Greek is my namesake, but perhaps another will catch our eye. What... was that one..."

Her words trailed off, eyes closing as she pondered. "What about Bree? I believe it's a shortened form of Brigid, who was a Celtic Goddess. If I remember correctly, she was a motherly type, being in charge of blessings and childbirth... Oh!!" She gasped, excitement evident by her expression. "Brigid, Bree... She was the goddess of Poetry! To connect here..." She drew a little chart in the air, her wand leaving a trail of blue glittery writing.

"So Calliope, my namesake, was a muse to the gods. She wrote poems and epics, detailing the gods. She also wrote of Persephone. So those two connect. Now, Brigid, she was in the Celtic pantheon, yet she is the goddess of Poetry. So Calliope and Brigid are both poets, one to the gods, one herself a goddess. Persephone ascended to near godhood as well. All three are connected, you see. So what about honoring both? Something like... Persephone Brigid? Or, for short, we could substitute Bree for Brigid. Then we could call her just that.

And she shall be a poet who shall write amongst the stars."

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:21 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Mediwizard

Callie was bursting with ideas and name meanings, offering names and their meanings. We should definitely both agree, and hopefully she agrees too,” Eden mused. Although Fate may speak her word. Sometimes his beloved starflower said things that Eden only partially understood, but after so long together he knew that some of the things Callie said he wasn’t supposed to hear, but feel. This was one of those times. They would continue to mull over names of course, and maybe one of them Fate would cast a red dot on. Or whatever name they chose, maybe their child would prefer another. Unconsciously, Eden held Callie affectionately closer.

”One shorter then and another longer? Spring Persephone’? No no.” He mused on, throwing out historical thoughts, and smiled amusedly when Callie perked up when he mentioned the astronomer. ”Gerard, hm? Maybe we just use Kuiper as a name? No, no. Perhaps if she were a boy. ” Callie tugged him over to a shelf of books and soon started flipping through a hefty book on names and name meanings–that seemed the kind of thing that ought to be in a library rather than a store! Who would buy a whole book on names only to use it–”Ah. Mrs. Knapp must have such a book,” he mused quietly. That explained how she picked out all of her childrens’ names and middle names. He wondered if two of them accidentally shared a middle name.

He decided he liked Persephone the best anyways and picked up a book about the seasons. Callie, the mythology expert between them, came up with a bunch of names that Persephone the goddess also had gone by, but nothing really stood out to him–Fate was quiet still.

Instead Callie offered switching mythologies. Brigid, the Celtic Goddess of the poetry. Eden flipped the page to the book’s explanation and read aloud. ”Brigid, meaning “exalted one”... Irish Mythology…associated with poetry, healing, and blacksmithing.”

Next to him, Callie gasped with excitement and Eden looked up as she drew a chart, connecting Calliope, Persephone, Brigid. ”Persephone Brigid Harper,” he murmured, tasting the words in his mouth. ”Persephone Bree Harper.”

“And she shall be a poet who shall write amongst the stars.”

Eden gazed into the endless skies of his wife’s eyes. ”I think Fate has spoken her name.”

status And so Fate spoke

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 12:06 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Connecting Names
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Fate has spoken her word

Callie nodded as Eden said they'd both need to agree on the name. It was certainly something important, for both to agree on something so important as the name of their baby. "There are many decisions we'll need to be in perfect harmony. This is but the first."

"One shorter then and another longer...."

Callie quite liked the shorter and longer option... though she was perhaps biased. Eden's first and second names were the same length, both quite short. Her own name was longer first, then shorter. Then again, she was never sure about her own name. Who was to know if that had been her name at birth, or if Father had picked his own favorite. Then again, even by having a nickname was going against her own creation. Never would she have been allowed to be anything other than Calliope Anja.

Callie explained the mythos, listening as Eden read the meaning for Brigid. Something about his reading spurred her brain forward, drawing a chart in midair.

After explaining, Eden looked deep into Callie's eyes, the woman looking back into a sea of blue. "I think Fate has spoken her name."

"I agree. Fate has come forth and spoken her word. And... I think our little one is happy with our choice. She has finally settled down and stopped kicking at me." She snuggled into her Knight, sighing with a bit of relief.

addaellis

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff