View Results

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:05 am
THIS WEEK'S ATG ANNOUNCEMENT LED HERE BY MISTAKE. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GO TO THIS WEEK'S.

User Image
5/26/14

Hey everyone! Welcome to this week's Ask the guild! Here are some of the hot topics this week detailing both Gaia at large and this guild:
We have a new staff member!
I'd like you all to join me in giving a very warm welcome to our newest member of the Revolution:Gaia guild council! Darius Runan will be joining us in keeping this guild running smoothly.

New Item Releases - Do you think they're pumping out items too fast? Is quality slipping?
5/21 Gasha Master
5/23 Pink Slip
5/26 Littlest piggies

Recolours: - How do you feel about the colour trends lately?
5/20 NeoGaia bloody
5/21 Fable of Fennec
5/23 A. Halo recolours
5/23 Mysterious captain recolour
5/23 Madame rouge recolour
5/24 Another Kama recolour
5/24 Demon recolour
5/24 Fennec recolour
5/25 Messenger Mina
5/26 Minimal Gold

Re-releases: Is nothing sacred anymore?
5/20 Princess Bundle
5/24 Chance of Halo in the halo recolour bundle

Gold Generators:
5/19 Formal Invitation (choice gen)
5/20 Wish upon a star (pure gold gen)
5/21 Spin and Win
5/22 arcade blast (choice gen)
5/24 Project Couture 3 (choice)
5/25 Terrific Tea Time (choice)
5/25 Spot On is back
5/26 Little Piggy Bank (Pure Gold Gen that gives up to 20bil!) :rage:

RIGS
5/20 Mewgical Purrs (animal RIG)
5/21 Prismatic Perfection (recolour rig)
5/22 Perfect promenade (Spring Fling tie-in RIG)
5/23 3 new Mini-Re-Release RIGS. (Ruby, Silver, and Gold boxes)
5/26 New Astra RIG

Gold Shop Updates:
5/20 Emotes RIG in Loyal's Bazaar
Barton Boutique and Gambino Outfitters got an update yesterday!

Events:
Spring Fling is here! Don't forget to grab your wing stickers!

Guild Stuff!
We're really hoping that some users can participate in the Gaia Walkout from June 15-21! Even if you can only participate for one day, don't log in on the 15th! If you can go the whole week without logging into Gaia, AWESOME!

On August 16th to observe the anniversary of ATA's demise we're going to refrain from logging in also. When we log back on on the 17th there might be a big party in the CB with our guild and any others who participate. Plans are underway so we're not positive of any details yet!

The Annual guild's fair is coming up! We participated in the last one and I thought it was super fun. Did you guys go? Did you like it? Should we participate again? Let me know!

And lastly do you think I should keep track of Gaia Sales to list them here?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are so many things that you can do as a member to get your voice out even if you are not a thread maker.

-Dress your avi and submit a statement to the Avatar Arenas. Heck! Write something or draw something! People will see it.
-Use that Aquarium Message in a Bottle to tell other Gaians about something important
-Tips and up-votes can really help those who are trying to make a valid point.
-Make your statement in your signature for everyone to see, why not? everyone else is doing it, take a look see.
-Sign those petitions! They are waiting for enough members to just say "hey, I sign'

Even the little things that we do as Gaians, to support each other, will bring more voices to the forefront of the Gaia staff.
Its a whole community effort.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Sign Petitions] [Express It With Your Avatar] [Send a Letter] [Revolution:Gaia Magazine] [Revolution:Gaia Facebook]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:05 am
Happy Monday everyone!  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:38 am
i feel that the quality has slipped. these red recolors are really dark and you can hardly see any of the items details to it. plus i agree nothing is special anymore gaia keep pumping them out for a quick money. its so sad! i mean i remember when i had rage i felt awesome now they've released it how many times?

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:40 am
xx I met my fate xx
Happy Monday everyone!

happy memorial day!

witchy cat panther

Fashionable Cat

Punktz

Shirtless Spirit

12,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:48 am
Yaaay Darius Runan! 4laugh

About Gaia's actions this week though... I'm disappointed with the recolours being sold in La Victoire instead of Loyal's Bazaar, and the fact that they released pure gold gens.
On a lesser note I also personally don't like how, on the Spring Fling event page, they exclusively advertised La Vic in the "dress up" widget instead of saying "Shops" or something. Nice way to welcome newcomers to their first event. Jeez.

I appreciate all the different types of contests though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:46 am
Well happy Monday everyone. I thought for sure they'd cool it on the stupid, nearly over-sexualized items by now! When are they going to stop with the recolors, bundles, Gold Generators and those annoying Cash Shop sales announcements? I think they're overdoing it and not giving much focus to everything else that needs a desperate update, like the manga or some other important part of the site. On a side note, today is officially my birthday. sweatdrop  

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:57 am
Happy Birthday Zelda!

I'm thinking we should make a birthday thread here for our members. Active members may find themselves with a present on their special day!  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:05 am
I've been wanting to say this, but I feel like the recolors are a joke. And rereleasing past items? That just drives their value down! They are items for a reason: they are rare and only a certain amount of people can own them. Releasing other versions of the same items is definitely contributing to the inflation :T  

Eternal Vagabond

Desirable Genius

9,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Princess Zelda21

Silent Healer

36,475 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:07 am
xx I met my fate xx
Happy Birthday Zelda!

I'm thinking we should make a birthday thread here for our members. Active members may find themselves with a present on their special day!

Thank you Fate! I'm a happy camper already! A birthday thread sounds like a good idea. Oh, and thank you for the gift too! ^_^ emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:30 am
Oo_Aimless Wanderer_oO
I've been wanting to say this, but I feel like the recolors are a joke. And rereleasing past items? That just drives their value down! They are items for a reason: they are rare and only a certain amount of people can own them. Releasing other versions of the same items is definitely contributing to the inflation :T

Actually re-releasing items is deflationary and considering that most of the items re-released were originally only obtainable by cash shop users I think it's a great thing.

Except for monthlies and other items that they promised were limited. Those should NOT be re-released.

As for recolours, I think they should stop those for a while. The quality is low on most of them because they're releasing them at such a rate that the artists don't have time to do it properly. Overall I don't mind recolours though, it's cool to see an item I really like done in different colours.  

xx I met my fate xx

Distrustful Gaian

26,215 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Darius Runan
Crew

Enduring Gaian

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:37 am
Happy Monday and Happy birthday.

Happy to be a part of staff. I'll do my best.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:44 am
Darius Runan
Happy Monday and Happy birthday.

Happy to be a part of staff. I'll do my best.

Glad to see you on the crew, man. You'll be great. emotion_brofist

As for the 20bil gold generator, the only think I'm a bit surprised about is they skipped a 15bil generator. I knew we'd get 20 eventually, but I didn't think this soon. I don't think they can keep up with inflation, either.  

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

Eternal Vagabond

Desirable Genius

9,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:47 am
The recolors are my main pet peeve. If your going to recolor an item, do it right stressed
xx I met my fate xx
Oo_Aimless Wanderer_oO

Actually re-releasing items is deflationary and considering that most of the items re-released were originally only obtainable by cash shop users I think it's a great thing.

Except for monthlies and other items that they promised were limited. Those should NOT be re-released.

As for recolours, I think they should stop those for a while. The quality is low on most of them because they're releasing them at such a rate that the artists don't have time to do it properly. Overall I don't mind recolours though, it's cool to see an item I really like done in different colours.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 am
(Yes I am going to say this while wearing the colors I am going to talk about. But I bought my stuff on the MP. I NEVER spend real money on games.)

Red is the color of lust/passion. It is an insanely popular color paired with black, which is why everything that is red/black is twice the price of the other recolors. It draws attention.

"Red: Excitement, energy, passion, love, desire, speed, strength, power, heat, aggression, danger, fire, blood, war, violence, all things intense and passionate, sincerity, happiness" Found here - I grabbed the first thing I found but this is the same as anywhere else.

This is why they're making so many red items and why they are selling.

-------------------------------------

Their new artist who took over a few months ago needs to stop with the cell shading style. It makes everything look FLAT and PRESSED in to the styles they have them in. I've avoided items like that for the most part because they look stupid.

Example:
User Image

The quality of the items has gone way way down.

------------------------------------

I would also like to bring up the "Punishing Luxuria" items and all the other recolors for it. I was wandering around site feedback and saw people complaining about how they're getting warned and banned for using the item. (One girl used the hand pose with the mUltipants in "oops" pose and a blush)

Basically Gaia is creating these items that in themselves are NOT up to their PG-13 standard and then warning/banning users for using the poses. Which is probably why all the recolor announcements for it have featured male avatars. Because it clearly looks like a female touching herself just as a regular pose!

That's like saying users can't wear pink. And then releasing a bunch of pink shaded items. And then warning people for wearing them.

Kegokec

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

r a i n i i_d a i s

Darling

15,375 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 11:21 am
I'm absolutely disgusted by Gaia's "suggestive" items. Tentacl wasn't enough?

As for the piggy bank gold generator... //dies

I was looking through the CB and people were saying "why not" since it was only 99 gc for one. (Reminds me of Flynn..)

Ahh I'm looking forward to the guild events! I might actually go a week without logging on Gaia, and possibly close my charity during that time and encourage others to join?

♻ATG Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff