Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogsmeade
Shrieking Shack ~ Now Open/Hiring! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Clockwork Muse

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:15 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:49 pm
User Image

Human Sized Cages :: 68 Galleons
                  xxxxxCan't control your werewolf cub or fledgling? This cage is just the thing to make sure they stay out of trouble.

Cattle :: Rent: 3 Galleons/Hour, Own: 15-25 Galleons
                  xxxxxPrices vary due to appearance, personality, and blood type.

Werewolf Special :: 1 Galleon
                  xxxxxA plate of raw, fresh steak served with uncooked chicken wings.

Alcoholic Drinks
                  Becky Ocky Rot Wine: 2 Sickles
                  Beetle Berry Whiskey: 3 Sickles
                  Blishen's Firewhiskey: 2 Sickles
                  Bungbarrel Spiced Mead: 5 Sickles
                  Campell's Finest Old Whiskey: 2 Sickles
                  Daisyroot Draught: 3 Sickles
                  Dragon Barrel Brandy: 5 Sickles
                  Elderflower Wine: 2 Sickles
                  Elf-Made Wine: 3 Sickles
                  Knotgrass Mead: 5 Sickles
                  Ogden's Old Firewhiskey: 3 Sickles
                  Paulopabita's Fishy Green Ale: 2 Sickles
                  Quintin Black: 5 Sickles
                  Red Currant Rum: 3 Sickles
                  Schletters Fine Whiskey: 2 Sickles
                  Turnip Wine: 2 Sickles

Non-Alcoholic Drinks
                  Butterbeer: 2 Sickles
                  Bubble Juice: 2 Sickles
                  Pumpkin Juice: 2 Sickles
                  Soda: 2 Sickles

Blood Types
                  *These are available to mix in any drink*
                  A+, O+: 15 Sickles
                  O-. A-, B+: 15 Galleons
                  AB+, AB-, B-: 20 Galleons

Clockwork Muse

Clockwork Muse

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:55 pm
User Image

Owner/Manager: Phineas Acacia
              Chameleon Alumnus│27 Years Old│Married│Human

Owner/Bartender: Kali Acacia
              Swan Alumnus│27 Years Old│Married│Human

Bouncer: Zane "Phantom" Acacia
              Hogwarts Drop Out│21 Years Old│Single│Vampire

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:58 pm
User Image

Currently Hiring!
              Bartender (1)
              Bouncer (1)
              Dancers (3)

Clockwork Muse

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:57 am
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering
[Cashier of the Magic Neep]

Sister of Professor Christina Anna Dechering (Healing Professor of Hogwarts)
Graduate of Salem's Institute for Witchcraft and Wizardry
Coyote Dorm Member
(Werewolf without a Pack Affiliation)
Current Age: 22
Wand: Osage Orange, Dragon Heartstring, Supple and Knobby, 10 7/8 inch

An American abroad and feeling a bit lost...

Sophie had been working long enough in Hogsmeade to know that there was some negative rumors about the Shrieking Shack, she didn't know the exact details, but then again she wasn't one to pry. Not only was it rude, but she figured if you ask to many questions it also opened up the possibility of other's asking you questions. Though, Sophie had registered as a werewolf with the Ministry of Magic when she had arrived to the British Isles with her sister (who actually had to register her metamorphagus abilities, which wasn't exactly something she hid or even was the best at hiding), she hadn't really officially declared it to anyone she had run into. It wasn't that hard to find out since she was registered, and quite frankly her employer probably should have done the background check with the ministry, but either he didn't care or hadn't found her suspicious to look into the matter-she had specifically stated she wanted all evenings off and when she stated there was certain days she could work-like the day of a full moon-she had also put a few other days to avoid arising unnecessary suspicion.

Regardless, it was the negative rumors of the Shrieking Shack that was specifically what attracted her to the place that evening. She figured a less popular place than say the Hog's Head or especially The Three Broomsticks, would bring her a quieter evening. Here she could probably quietly order a drink and perhaps even something to eat-not that she didn't have leftovers in the fridge from when she had made a roast the night before. Stepping into the Shrieking Shack she walked to the bar, her red cloak's hood up still, she picked up a menu and let out a small chuckle looking at the products and items offered. Human sized cages was enough to make her raise a brow, though she had to admit it may be useful to have around, considering her condition. But that was when she came to the blood types at the end. So, the Shrieking Shack seemed to cater to vampires... well that explained its negative reputation.

She leaned on the bar and pulled back her hood and said sounding far more confident than she usually was and asked a bit louder than usual to catch the attention of the server, "Can I place an order, please?" Her Georgian accent still very much evident and softening her vowels and tone-unlike her sister, Christina, she had still a very evident Southern accent, then again, Christina after graduating from the Salem Institute continued to live in New England while Sophie moved back home to Georgia after graduating.

Wearing: Casual Clothing
Thinking: Curiosity killed the cat... then again, I'm not a cat.

{OCC: Because, I haven't gotten much opportunity to post my ginger haired American sweatdrop : Free for all interactions.}

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:34 pm
User Image

████████████████████████████████████
                                          SHRIEKING SHACK <OWNER&BARTENDER>

Kali hadn't quite gotten used to being in Hogsmeade yet. Specifically, she hadn't quite gotten used to the Shack. The building never seemed to be quiet. She often found herself wondering if one day it would come down on top of her and her husband, as well as her cousin-in-law. Zane, or Phantom as he was now known was an interesting person. He wasn't much younger than she and Phineas, but he still looked like he was in his early teens. He said that it was because he was a vampire, which would make sense. Kali just didn't want to think that she was currently living with a vampire.

The patrons that usually came by the Shrieking Shack weren't exactly normal witches and wizards. Well, some of them were, but it was only a few. The rest were vampires and werewolves. To be honest, Kali was still sort of nervous about dealing with those customers. However, Phantom said that he would take care of those issues. How a teenager could put up with angry, possibly drunk adults, she had no idea. Maybe it had something to do with being a vampire.

The bartender's head looked up when she saw someone enter the bar. They wore a hood, and that was enough to make Kali suspicious. Who knew what this person was. Witch? Wizard? Werewolf? Vampire? Something else entirely? It made her nervous to say the least. The person came to the bar and took a seat. She wondered what they thought of the menu. It was certainly an odd assortment of wares.

Eventually, the person took off their hood to reveal that they were a redheaded woman. She seemed nice enough. Then again, so did Phantom. "Of course. What would you like?" she asked, noticing that the woman also lacked an accent that could typically be found in Hogsmeade. Kali wondered if she was also a graduate of Salem.

SALEM WITCHES INSTITUTE <SWAN ALUMNA>

mc2

Clockwork Muse

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 2:59 pm
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member

Sophie frowned for a minute, realizing that the accent of the bartender wasn't British-or didn't sound like it, it sounded more like something she would find back in Salem. With a sigh, Sophie said, "Besides a renaming of a certain meal due to its poor taste? A glass of some Schletters Whiskey would be good," She said with a wry smile, "Oh and I'll take a steak, rare, no chicken. My sister's pet has thoroughly put me off of poultry of any sort."

Her blue eyes narrowed and she tapped a cheek though her wry smile turned into a polite smile. Sophie tried to figure out what exactly the bartender was. It was definitely an odd menu for a usual bar. Really, Sophie could only think of a place that caters to vampires that offered blood on the menu. Then again, she supposed it might be useful to know they happen to have blood at the Shrieking Shack if for some reason someone needed a blood transfusion or something. And they actually sold 'human sized cages' which had peaked her interest but she wasn't going to ask about that until she could gauge the bartender back. Besides, ordering a cage would always bring questions, she's rather keep her condition as quiet as possible.

Glancing around she said quietly, propping her chin up with her hand that was propped on the bar and asked quietly, "Is it always this quiet here, ma'am?" It was fairly obvious Sophie didn't mind the quietness.

Clockwork Muse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:38 am
User Image

SHRIEKING SHACK <OWNER&BARTENDER>
                                          For some reason, the girl frowned when Kali asked her what she wanted. Was the bartender not being friendly enough for this woman? Then again, she had always doubted that the Shack ever brought any decent patrons in. Why else would they need a vampire bouncer? "Hey, I didn't name the dishes. That would be the previous owner of the place. My husband just didn't feel like making more work for himself when he took it over," Kali said. She could probably guess the meal that the woman was talking about. It was the only one that they actually served. The woman would have to talk to Phineas about that. Phantom would just have to deal with the changes that they put in place. "That'll be a galleon and two sickles," she added.

Kali's ears perked up when the woman asked if it was always quiet. "Not too many people come here, at least not normal ones," she replied. Vampires and werewolves. That just wasn't normal. Of course, she wasn't about to tell this woman that there was a whole vampire clan that basically lived in the Shack. She was a stranger, and Phantom had warned her and Phineas about that. "There's a few times where things can get a bit hairy, but otherwise, yes. Pretty quiet," Kali explained, careful not to get into specifics. She didn't want to get Phantom mad at her. That would be a terrible mistake. "By the way, you can just call me Kali."

SALEM WITCHES INSTITUTE <SWAN ALUMNA>

mc2

Clockwork Muse

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:06 am
User Image
Sophie Taylor Dechering

Coyote Dorm Member

Sophie nodded and pulled out the money and placed it on the counter. She gave a small smile to the woman and said, "Not normal? There's a wide definition of that. My family grew up in a muggle town where not going to church on Sunday morning was considered not normal. I'm sure if they knew about our magical abilities we would have been labeled not normal on that alone."

"And among the wizarding community there are plenty of things considered 'not normal' which aren't that odd," Sophie said with a polite smile. "My sister is a metamorphagus, would that fall under your classification of 'not normal'?"

Shrugging, Sophie took her drink and drank a large sip before setting it down. "Kali was it?" She asked with a smile. "I'm Sophie Dechering. I work during the day down at the Magic Neep. If I come again, you'll have to just get used to ma'am, though... grow up in the South like I did you just pick it up."

She paused and took another sip of her whiskey and added quietly, as the determination and confidence she had initially was wavering when she continued, "I prefer quietness. Less questions. Less conflict. Gives you time to just think or clear your mind..."

Clockwork Muse

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image
C I N Q ° M O R E A U

▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
H U F F L E P U F F ° G H O U L S & G H O S T S T U D I E S ° S T R I K E R ' S

It has been awhile since Cinq has visited the Shack. Nothing was stopping him from poking his head through the door and offer its inhabitants a smile or two--he just didn't. Of course, the idea of being pummeled to death with sarcastic or sassy comments from Lotus or Gracie. Yes, he was a grown man, and he was avoiding two little girls (who, mind you, could tear him apart limb from limb).

But, on this rare occasion, Cinq wasn't interested in avoiding the two vampires. Instead, he was here to talk to Zane/Phantom about some matters concerning his sister. Being a ghost, Erianthe was cursed to forever wander Hogwarts for all eternity, and of course, she would get quite bored. The former Hogwarts student had an interesting idea of some scavenger hunt that she wanted to share with her brother, but, of course, had no way of contacting him. Herein comes Cinq: He would be the messenger, because Zane/Phantom was unable to enter the Hogwarts vicinity, whatever his reason was.

Browsing through the very empty Shack, he called, "Phantom, are you here?"

Violet the Maestro

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Perhaps life is solemn,
And perhaps death is daunting.
But as the undead I am neither.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:27 pm
User Image
STRIKER'S CLAN●EX-RAVENCLAW●SHREIKING SHACK BOUNCER

Zane sat in his room thinking about things. That was what he usually did when he sat in his room. Well, at least when Lotus gave him some peace and quiet. She was the one fledgling that gave Phantom a run for his money. In all honesty, Phantom was a pretty calm vampire. He didn't go looking for trouble, or making trouble. He had done enough of that his last year at Hogwarts. Of course, it was the kind of trouble that would make anyone want to stay out of trouble. It was the whole reason he was undead. As to what the vampire was thinking about, well, those were things that he didn't want to let anyone know about. It had been quite some time since Strike, his maker, had left with Arachnid and Zane's first fledgling for the Vampire Council. He wondered what was happening there. It seemed as though there weren't too many vampires currently. What could take them so long?

Phantom's thoughts were soon interrupted by a familiar voice coming from downstairs. A voice that the vampire recognized as belonging to Cinq, a professor of Hogwarts, and at the moment, the only present member of the clan that wasn't turned by Zane. He was a fledgling of Arachnid's, which made him Zane's nephew, as weird as that sounded. He wondered what Cinq was doing there. He really didn't visit the Shack too much. Curious, Phantom left his room and carefully made his way down the stairs. He hated the stairs. They shook too much for his comfort. Of course, he wasn't going to fix them. He wouldn't even tell Phineas, even though he figured that his cousin already knew. The stairs were part of the Shack's character. As dreary as the building was, it was home. He had a duty to keep it the way tourists thought it should be. As soon as Phantom reached the bottom of the stairs, he found the man standing in the middle of the room, looking around. No doubt he was looking for Zane. After all, he knew exactly how Cinq felt about the girls. "Well, look who came for a visit," the vampire said with a smirk on his face. "I don't see you here too often Wraith, so something must be up. Is it a fledgling?" he asked.

Utsuha Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:00 pm
User Image
C I N Q ° M O R E A U

▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀
H U F F L E P U F F ° G H O U L S & G H O S T S T U D I E S ° S T R I K E R ' S

For a minute there, Cinq thought the elder vampire was talking to someone else. Right. Ever since he found out his power (thanks to the girls), his name was "Wraith", a synonym of hallucinations (or ghoul). He should be happy, but his mind still clung onto "Cinq" as though it was the last remnant of his humanity. Psh. He was still himself, just cold, reliant on another type of diet, and dead. Ish.

"Yes, I haven't seen much destruction around lately. So I was just stopping by to make sure you didn't bury the girls under five meters worth of dirt." Cinq believed that Phantom was capable, and willing, to do that, if the girls really ticked him off. "It's about Erianthe. She has quite the idea..."

Violet the Maestro

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Perhaps life is solemn,
And perhaps death is daunting.
But as the undead I am neither.

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image
STRIKER'S CLAN●EX-RAVENCLAW●SHREIKING SHACK BOUNCER

For a moment, Cinq seemed to be confused. Perhaps Phantom shouldn't have called him Wraith. For him, having his vampire name was an escape from his past. Zane Acacia was a traitor and a murderer. Phantom was a completely new person. The older vampire had to admit that he really didn't know why Arachnid had turned the professor. There had to be a reason. Perhaps Cinq really didn't want to leave his humanity behind. However, Phantom felt better calling him Wraith. Not many people were called that, and after the incident in which he gained his first fledgling, Phantom didn't want anyone else to know who was in his clan. He might not officially be clan leader yet, but that didn't mean he didn't care for the Striker's clan. Although, by this point, it was to be expected. Most of the clan had been turned by Phantom. The only reason he didn't call himself the leader was because the last time he led something, one of his sisters died. He didn't want the other one to end up dead as well.

Phantom let out a laugh at the mention of lack of destruction. He might have been the one currently in charge of the clan that was being led out of Hogsmeade, but that didn't mean his decisions were entirely his own. To be honest, some of his fledglings scared him a bit. They had much more terrifying powers. He could only turn invisible. Then there was Lotus. However, as much as he was afraid of them, he wouldn't bury them. They were his daughters, so to speak. "Now why would I do that?" he asked with a coy smile on his face. "They'd just unbury themselves anyways. You know that."

"Now about this idea," the older vampire said as he took a seat at one of the tables. Kali hadn't yet been out to clean them off yet. He was quite surprised that she hadn't asked that one of the cattle do it. Cleaning seemed to be one of the things that she despised. "If it's my sister, it's probably a pretty good one. But what exactly does this have to do with me?" he asked. It was a reasonable question. After all, Erianthe had been the sister that he had murdered. Phantom honestly couldn't blame her if she no longer wanted anything to do with him.

Utsuha Moon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:35 pm

User Image
      𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
      𝕺cclumens, 𝕾lytherin 𝕬lumni

[Summer 2027]

At it's core, it was a dreary shamble of ruin and dust. Oh, but it had certainly been spruced up since its change in ownership and remodel. But to what extent, he could only speculate. It wasn't as if he'd ever traversed The Shrieking Shack before it had been renovated as a pub, or even thereafter. Heavy footsteps fell on blue-green grass and as the sun began to set with a rolling glow of orange and gold, his shadow stretched across the earth. Tay had never been here before, and he probably never would have, if he knew just exactly who was employed here. But, he did not, and so, here he was. Calloused fingertips stung against the cool metal brass, a sting of static prickled chills to rise. He twisted the handle, swung the door and let it churn to a close as gravity forced it backwards into place. Tay would never know just how close he might be, right now, to one of his enemies.

What else could Zane be considered, if not an enemy? If that was even his name anymore. Would he still be the same or maybe a change of face; crooked nose, straight nose, bent, or short, maybe a thick neck and square chin? Black hair? Brown hair? It was hard not to dwell.

But that was part of a past he'd like to leave behind. In fact, he might just leave it all behind if it hadn't been for her. Just the thought made his hands sweat and heart rate jump. 'I'm a coward.' The thought resonated in his mind, over and over. It dominated his thoughts until the words lost meaning, beaten to mush it didn't even make sense anymore. He didn't know just how long he sat, without a clock or a watch to dictate. He did, however, manage to sit long enough to drain a glass of dragon barrel brandy, double shot short glass and on the rocks, then ordered himself a second.

He was a coward, though, and he knew it. It's been nearly two years since he laid gold eyes on silver. Eretria had told him where to find her, but he never did. When he had returned to the beach house all those months ago, it was empty, if but for a single phoenix feather. He should have gone to see her, he knew where she'd be. But he never did. If Michelle, or anyone, ever came close enough to disturb his wards and enchantments, he fled. Maybe he didn't want to see her, he didn't know. The tightening in his throat, the shallow breaths and twisted stomach could be mistaken for sickness far easier than fear.

╔══════════════╗
      Height: 6’2” ♜ Weight: 181 ♜ Age: 24
      The Shrieking Shack around dusk
      ╚══════════════╝

Quote:

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:10 pm
User Image
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She had been sitting there for awhile now, staring off at nothing in particular. As always she was sitting in the shadows, avoiding the creatures and people that frequented the bar. It wasn't like they'd really bother her anyways. A lot of them had been there at the fight with 'The Family' and they'd seen what she was capable of. She had been 12 then, what she was capable of now was a lot more. So mostly, everyone avoided her, and that was how she wanted it. She had been alone for far too long to really understand company anymore. Hell she avoided the Blythe's cottage about as much as she avoided everything else. Too much had changed. She didn't fit in anywhere anymore.

A sharp intake of breath was the only reaction the snake had at the sight of him entering the bar. She narrowed her eyes on him, contemplating her options immediately. She didn't know how to feel anymore. She'd waited for what felt like hours before breaking into his home and looking around for a long time before finally leaving. She'd thought about leaving a note to tell him what was on her mind, but she'd lost the ability to form her raging thoughts into coherent sentences. Instead she'd left a single phoenix feather. She knew he'd know it was her, and yet he hadn't come looking for her; hadn't sought her out. He hadn't done anything.

Had she really expected him to though? He... they... she.... nothing about their relationship made sense or was normal. It seemed she'd always be the one chasing him, or maybe she was running away. It'd all become a convoluted mess in the recent months. Nothing made sense to her anymore.

Silver eyes lingered on him. She was unable to draw them away. Unconciously she found herself silently rising to her feet and slipping across the wooden floor boards towards him. It was always the same wasn't it? No matter how mad she was at him, no matter how much she wanted to rip his being to shreds, he always had this effect on her. She hated it; she hated him.

She supposed that was her way of loving him though.

Her feet came to a stop in front of him, and she peered at him curiously, not saying anything now. Her head tilted slightly to the left as she examined him from head to toe as best she could. He looked no different from what she remembered, although he did look stronger than when she'd last seen him. It'd been forever since she'd laid eyes on him; forever since his name had slipped past her lips in a quiet whisper. "Tay"

Forever since silver had met gold.

Callin’ out รเภร just to pass the ҭเ๓є
                                                      I’ve got ภ๏ҭђเภﻮ left to ใ๏รє
                                                      єνєгұҭђเภﻮ that I’ve๒єς๏๓є
                                                      Just ғคใใร เภҭ๏ the єภ๔

Essy Ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hogsmeade

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff